Be a Supporter!

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

  • 1,725,463 Views
  • 82,665 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
fli
fli
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 05:27:40 Reply

Aww... she want to play with Dorian...

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

BeFell
BeFell
  • Member since: Oct. 31, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 12:00:56 Reply

My best friends sister died in a car accident yesterday.

I was a complete dick to her growing up.


BBS Signature
BeFell
BeFell
  • Member since: Oct. 31, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 12:04:38 Reply

Oh, and I forgot my friends birthday last month.


BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Member since: Apr. 17, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 15:22:55 Reply

At 2/10/06 12:00 PM, William_T_Riker wrote: My best friends sister died in a car accident yesterday.

I was a complete dick to her growing up.

None of us are perfect. Just do what you can with now and be there for him


I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
fli
fli
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 15:44:29 Reply

At 2/10/06 11:02 AM, Geordi_LaForge wrote: My german professor's name happens to be Isolde, pronounced the same way as Isolda. I think she got her name from the medieval love triangle epic Tristan and Isolde.

Yeah-- That's where I got the name. Although, I hate the English form of it. It just sounds terrible. But Isolda... It just climbs from the tongue and flaots off the tongue. IS-OL-DA.

At 2/10/06 12:00 PM, William_T_Riker wrote: My best friends sister died in a car accident yesterday.
I was a complete dick to her growing up.

I'm sorry to hear this. The only thing I can tell you is try not to feel very bad. Experiancing a lot of loss last year made me reflect on something. I felt guilty for all of them.

"I didn't visit them for so many years..."
"I shouldn't ask her, it was selfish..."
"He was coming, because I didn't go..."

You keep asking those what-ifs and whys, and you'll go a little crazy.

LadyGrace
LadyGrace
  • Member since: Nov. 19, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 15:57:40 Reply

At 2/10/06 03:44 PM, fli wrote: Yeah-- That's where I got the name. Although, I hate the English form of it. It just sounds terrible. But Isolda... It just climbs from the tongue and flaots off the tongue. IS-OL-DA.

There's a different way to pronounce it?


BBS Signature
AreYouSure
AreYouSure
  • Member since: Jan. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 16:25:19 Reply

At 2/10/06 03:57 PM, LadyGrace wrote:
There's a different way to pronounce it?

Not that I knew of. I really think that Isolde as a name has a lot of grace.

stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Member since: Apr. 17, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 16:44:33 Reply

I came up with the name for my first neice, Stacy. She's 13 now which means I finally have a socially acceptable reason to want to kick a teenage boys ass


I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 17:33:48 Reply

At 2/10/06 04:44 PM, stafffighter wrote: I came up with the name for my first neice, Stacy. She's 13 now which means I finally have a socially acceptable reason to want to kick a teenage boys ass

Neice? What the shit, why would you go around kicking asses? You're barely even related.

DancingTurkeyGod
DancingTurkeyGod
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 17:37:40 Reply

At 2/10/06 05:33 PM, Elfer wrote:
At 2/10/06 04:44 PM, stafffighter wrote: I came up with the name for my first neice, Stacy. She's 13 now which means I finally have a socially acceptable reason to want to kick a teenage boys ass
Neice? What the shit, why would you go around kicking asses? You're barely even related.

No, you're both missing the point: if Stacy was raised properly, she could kick any teenaged boy's ass.

That's right. I went there.

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 17:47:40 Reply

At 2/10/06 05:37 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: No, you're both missing the point: if Stacy was raised properly, she could kick any teenaged boy's ass.

That's right. I went there.

Kicking boy's asses is totally unladylike. She should stab them, like a real woman.


My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

fli
fli
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 18:20:40 Reply

At 2/10/06 03:57 PM, LadyGrace wrote:
At 2/10/06 03:44 PM, fli wrote: Yeah-- That's where I got the name. Although, I hate the English form of it. It just sounds terrible. But Isolda... It just climbs from the tongue and flaots off the tongue. IS-OL-DA.
There's a different way to pronounce it?

How do you say it?
When I say it, it sounds like this:

e-soul-dah

stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Member since: Apr. 17, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 19:10:43 Reply

At 2/10/06 05:37 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote:


No, you're both missing the point: if Stacy was raised properly, she could kick any teenaged boy's ass.

That's right. I went there.

Trust me, I've taught her where to kick. I won't swear in front of her but I've taught her to stand up and that there's no shame in asking for help when she needs it. No woman should have to put up with that.


I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 20:43:19 Reply

Ahe, she's 13 and you won't swear in front of her?

Do you remember being 13 at all?

Gunter45
Gunter45
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 20:44:37 Reply

If I ever have a daughter, she's going to learn self-defense. She's also going to learn how to handle a gun and, you can bet, I'll want her to get a concealed handgun licence as early as possible.


Think you're pretty clever...

BBS Signature
DancingTurkeyGod
DancingTurkeyGod
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 21:14:34 Reply

At 2/10/06 07:10 PM, stafffighter wrote: Trust me, I've taught her where to kick.

Well, it's not that hard to figure out.

At 2/10/06 08:43 PM, Elfer wrote: Ahe, she's 13 and you won't swear in front of her?

There's nothing wrong with setting a good example.

At 2/10/06 08:44 PM, Gunter45 wrote: She's also going to learn how to handle a gun and, you can bet, I'll want her to get a concealed handgun licence as early as possible.

Seriously, that's one thing (out of many) that I don't understand with you Americans.
GUNS DON'T SOLVE ANYTHING!

MortifiedPenguins
MortifiedPenguins
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 21:25:11 Reply

At 2/10/06 09:14 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote:
At 2/10/06 07:10 PM, stafffighter wrote:

Seriously, that's one thing (out of many) that I don't understand with you Americans.
GUNS DON'T SOLVE ANYTHING!

Yes because nicely talking to a mugger will not have him steal my wallet with Maria Sharapova picture collection in it.


Between the idea And the reality
Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow
An argument in Logic

BBS Signature
LadyGrace
LadyGrace
  • Member since: Nov. 19, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 21:26:13 Reply

At 2/10/06 06:20 PM, fli wrote: How do you say it?
When I say it, it sounds like this:

e-soul-dah

Um... yeah, that's how I say it too.

At 2/10/06 09:14 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: Seriously, that's one thing (out of many) that I don't understand with you Americans.
GUNS DON'T SOLVE ANYTHING!

Look at the statistics. In places with a higher legal concentration of guns, there is less crime and petty theft. In places where guns are outlawed, there is a higher concentration of overall crime.


BBS Signature
Gunter45
Gunter45
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 21:30:07 Reply

At 2/10/06 09:14 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: Seriously, that's one thing (out of many) that I don't understand with you Americans.
GUNS DON'T SOLVE ANYTHING!

It solves the problem of having her getting attacked. She'll always have a good buddy to walk the streets at night with.


Think you're pretty clever...

BBS Signature
RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Member since: Sep. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Writer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 21:33:12 Reply

At 2/10/06 09:14 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: Seriously, that's one thing (out of many) that I don't understand with you Americans.

Don't look at all of us. He's just a nut.

I'm much saner. Guns are solely for recreational purposes. They're toys, essentially.


The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature
LadyGrace
LadyGrace
  • Member since: Nov. 19, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 21:34:25 Reply

At 2/10/06 09:33 PM, redskvnk wrote: I'm much saner. Guns are solely for recreational purposes. They're toys, essentially.

Well... my gun's not a toy! ... wanna touch it?

yes that's a euphamsim for penis.

BBS Signature
RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Member since: Sep. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Writer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 21:35:02 Reply

At 2/10/06 09:34 PM, LadyGrace wrote: Well... my gun's not a toy! ... wanna touch it?

k.


The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature
MortifiedPenguins
MortifiedPenguins
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 21:35:35 Reply

At 2/10/06 09:35 PM, redskvnk wrote:
At 2/10/06 09:34 PM, LadyGrace wrote: Well... my gun's not a toy! ... wanna touch it?
k.

Already done it, after the first 10 minutes it gets old fast.


Between the idea And the reality
Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow
An argument in Logic

BBS Signature
FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 21:40:18 Reply

At 2/10/06 09:14 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: Seriously, that's one thing (out of many) that I don't understand with you Americans.
GUNS DON'T SOLVE ANYTHING!

Well, except slavery. And the Holocaust. And various types of colonial/tyrannical oppression. And various border disputes throughout history. Ooh, and several trade disagreements. Wait, wait.... yeah, and poverty on many small levels, thanks to the application of communism in a kind of grass roots laissez-faire kinda way.

Other than all those times.


My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Member since: Sep. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Writer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 21:47:13 Reply

At 2/10/06 09:40 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: Other than all those times.

Aren't you cute. Why don't we just print you out on sticky paper and then slap you on our rusted-out chevy pickup. Waitasecond, we already have...


The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature
LadyGrace
LadyGrace
  • Member since: Nov. 19, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 21:48:31 Reply

At 2/10/06 09:35 PM, Fenrus1989 wrote: Already done it, after the first 10 minutes it gets old fast.

You're just upset because you couldn't make me cum.


BBS Signature
DancingTurkeyGod
DancingTurkeyGod
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 21:48:50 Reply

At 2/10/06 09:19 PM, -LazyDrunk- wrote: You shittin me? They solve everything the same. You got a problem? BLAU you fix it.

Have you ever actually USED your gun?
Hunting doesn't count.

At 2/10/06 09:25 PM, Fenrus1989 wrote: Yes because nicely talking to a mugger will not have him steal my wallet with Maria Sharapova picture collection in it.

Being mugged is a terrible thing, but I don't think it's a reason to shoot someone.
Do I feel threatened enough to NEED a gun? No.

I've only known one person who was mugged: my brother. But that's understandable because, being as street smart as he is, he decided to walk through a dangerous park in the middle of the night.

At 2/10/06 09:26 PM, LadyGrace wrote: Look at the statistics. In places with a higher legal concentration of guns, there is less crime and petty theft. In places where guns are outlawed, there is a higher concentration of overall crime.

Do those statistics apply to Canada?

You have to understand that everyone having a gun to defend themselves is quite a foreign idea to me. We just don't think like that in Canada - and I definitely feel safe walking around my city in the middle of night.

At 2/10/06 09:40 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: Other than all those times.

I’m talking about guns for individual purposes/safety. Not war or revolutions…

MortifiedPenguins
MortifiedPenguins
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 21:52:32 Reply

At 2/10/06 09:48 PM, LadyGrace wrote:
At 2/10/06 09:35 PM, Fenrus1989 wrote: Already done it, after the first 10 minutes it gets old fast.
You're just upset because you couldn't make me cum.

It's kinda hard to make two penisis cum in ten minutes alright.


Between the idea And the reality
Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow
An argument in Logic

BBS Signature
LadyGrace
LadyGrace
  • Member since: Nov. 19, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 21:56:05 Reply

At 2/10/06 09:48 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: Being mugged is a terrible thing, but I don't think it's a reason to shoot someone.
Do I feel threatened enough to NEED a gun? No.
I've only known one person who was mugged: my brother. But that's understandable because, being as street smart as he is, he decided to walk through a dangerous park in the middle of the night.

So, he has to avoid places in order to be safe, and simply allow people to walk all over him when he might have been lost. You're basically saying "he was asking for it." Of course, if he pulled out a gun and the guy ran away, it's uncalled for. The mugger wasn't asking for it?

Do those statistics apply to Canada?

Don't really pay attention to Canada. However, there are certain areas that are really hairy with regards to crime, in places such as the red light district. Also, overall, canada has a lot less people than america. It would be interesting to see how much crime per capita there is in canada as compared to the US. I do know, however, that in England where guns are outlawed, the crime rate per capita is REDICULOUSLY higher than here in the US, that's including New York (where, coincidentally, guns are outlawed).

You have to understand that everyone having a gun to defend themselves is quite a foreign idea to me. We just don't think like that in Canada - and I definitely feel safe walking around my city in the middle of night.

Unless you get to a bad area, and then you're just asking to be mugged/raped.

At 2/10/06 09:40 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
I’m talking about guns for individual purposes/safety. Not war or revolutions…

So? When a government's reighn becomes tyrranical it's those individuals who have the guns that save the asses of those who would normally be begging for their lives. That's when "individual purpose" because the nation's cause.


BBS Signature
RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Member since: Sep. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Writer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-02-10 21:58:20 Reply

*sniff* My haven from mommy and daddy fighting.... it's bringing back memories... make it stop.

SO I'M MAKING NEW FORUMS. WHO WANTS TO JOIN!


The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature