New Topic Respond to this Topic
RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Writer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-29 21:26:42 Reply

At 1/29/06 09:25 PM, Elfer wrote: Also, Quanze, nice try blaming it on masturbation, but I don't have a forty pound metal cock.

What's wrong with you? You're not.... asian, are you?

The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-29 21:29:00 Reply

At 1/29/06 09:26 PM, red_skunk wrote:
At 1/29/06 09:25 PM, Elfer wrote: Also, Quanze, nice try blaming it on masturbation, but I don't have a forty pound metal cock.

No.

My forty pound cock has a soft skin covering which makes it pleasing to the touch.

stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-29 22:36:39 Reply

At 1/29/06 09:25 PM, Elfer wrote:

If I had the money for lifting gloves, I wouldn't be using shitty weights.

40? well for someone just starting that's ok. Also, lifting gloves cost a couple of bucks

Also, Quanze, nice try blaming it on masturbation, but I don't have a forty pound metal cock.

No but you want one

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
LordXanthus
LordXanthus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-29 22:40:16 Reply

Has anyone noticed that Politics is getting swamped with threads about racism? I'm getting a bit sick of kids coming in here and starting topics with "I HATE RACISTS LOLOLOL KILL THEM ALL ROFL" or "black people need to stop asking for handouts and get jobs." All of these poorly thought out racial threads, which seem like rejected Mind of Mencia material, are really taking things down a notch in here.

Montgomery-Scott
Montgomery-Scott
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-29 22:50:38 Reply

At 1/29/06 10:36 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 1/29/06 09:25 PM, Elfer wrote:
Also, Quanze, nice try blaming it on masturbation, but I don't have a forty pound metal cock.
No but you want one

Quite astute, Dr. Freud.

RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Writer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-29 22:54:20 Reply

At 1/29/06 10:40 PM, LordXanthus wrote: Has anyone noticed that Politics is getting swamped with threads about racism?

I rode that wave here. Heh.

It's sort of odd. Where did this trend come from? It hasn't been in the news. It'd be an interesting sociology project, tracking the rise and fall of certain topics in this forum. Someone should do it.

BBS Signature
JoS
JoS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-29 23:40:46 Reply

I am not anti-American. Just when you study global security you obviously read alot about US foregn policy and such since they are the global hegemony. Its not too great to learn about global secuirty by studying the foriegn policy of Swaziland.

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature
Montgomery-Scott
Montgomery-Scott
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-29 23:43:24 Reply

At 1/29/06 10:54 PM, red_skunk wrote:
At 1/29/06 10:40 PM, LordXanthus wrote: Has anyone noticed that Politics is getting swamped with threads about racism?
I rode that wave here. Heh.

It's sort of odd. Where did this trend come from? It hasn't been in the news. It'd be an interesting sociology project, tracking the rise and fall of certain topics in this forum. Someone should do it.

its just crowd mentality. Let us say that when one thread is made about a topic, the subsiquent persentage of a thread about the same topic being made is X. If a second thread is made, there is a slightly higher percentage. if a third thread is made, the percentage of a fourth thread being made is astronomically higher than the percentage chance of the second or third thread being made. And the 5th thread is virtually assured. Under this mathematical model, the percentage of a thread being made is perhaps X*1.25^Y, wih Y being the number of previous posts about it after the first, and X being the base percentage. However, by this model, after a certain number of topics about a subject, an infinite number would have to be made. So, we add a second part to the equation X*1.25^Y/*(5-Y)^Y, when Y is above 5. So, this takes into account the fact that after a certain number of threads on a topic, the wave dies down, and a new topic trend surfaces. THat equation isn't perfectly accurate, but I'm sure something like it models the trend.

LadyGrace
LadyGrace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-29 23:54:34 Reply

At 1/29/06 09:29 PM, Elfer wrote:
At 1/29/06 09:26 PM, red_skunk wrote:
My forty pound cock has a soft skin covering which makes it pleasing to the touch.

... Mine's bigger.

>_>
<_<

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-29 23:59:10 Reply

At 1/29/06 10:36 PM, stafffighter wrote: 40? well for someone just starting that's ok. Also, lifting gloves cost a couple of bucks

40 pounds is all I can cram on to one of these shitty dumbbells.

Barbell can only fit 100 plus what is I'm guessing a 15 pound bar.

I'm probably just going to buy a membership to the weight room at my school when the next semester starts.

Also, fuck lifting gloves. Calluses are free.

fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 00:23:38 Reply

I hate free weights at my gym...
It's basically a bunch of small dicked men trying to see how much they can lift while intimidating any new people.

(obviously, you can tell by the rancor of my post that I'm a person who lacks arm definition...)

Although, I got the legs of a bodybuilder...

theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 01:44:36 Reply

At 1/30/06 01:02 AM, Marxist-Leninist wrote: I've been thinking about trying the bow-flex. I use a very old weight lifting system. Not suprisingly it's similiar to the one they have at my High School. As for that, I don't work out at High School any more. It stinks like there's no God and it the equipments as crappy as mine any ways.

As for the comments about body definition, I'm not a tank but I have a decent definition.

Eh. Body definition -- a little padding in the middle, but I can bench about 200, box squat about 350, and can leg press a little over 1,200lbs.

The weight room at my school is pretty sweet... We just got a bunch of new equipment.

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 11:27:37 Reply

Know what I actually need to get?

A bench. There's no practical way to add weight to push-ups.

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 12:35:46 Reply

At 1/29/06 10:36 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 1/29/06 09:25 PM, Elfer wrote: If I had the money for lifting gloves, I wouldn't be using shitty weights.
40? well for someone just starting that's ok. Also, lifting gloves cost a couple of bucks

I was thinking the same thing (weightlifting gloves being cheap). You can probably hop on over to Wally World *gag* and get a decent set for less than $10.

As to "shitty weights," weights are weights, it doesn't matter if their plastic covered concrete or just discs of cast iron. I'd be more concerned about the set your working out with (bar, bench and like).

At 1/29/06 11:59 PM, Elfer wrote: I'm probably just going to buy a membership to the weight room at my school when the next semester starts.

Meh. Whatever works for you.

Also, fuck lifting gloves. Calluses are free.

You'll rue the day you said that...

The thing that's bugging me lately is the sudden interest in Hitler. Kind of disturbing...

BBS Signature
RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Writer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 13:22:24 Reply

What's the deal against getting calluses? Unless you're looking to becoming a doctor... It might make people think you actually do some intensive labor once in awhile (instead of standing around in a sweaty room with a bunch of other men lifting things ad nauseam).

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 13:40:20 Reply

At 1/30/06 01:22 PM, red_skunk wrote: What's the deal against getting calluses? Unless you're looking to becoming a doctor... It might make people think you actually do some intensive labor once in awhile (instead of standing around in a sweaty room with a bunch of other men lifting things ad nauseam).

There was a joke on the Bob and Tom show one day about callused hands... I can't remember the name of the comedian, but he was talking about how he divorced his wife after 20 years of marriage, and started dating again. During a private moment with his new girlfriend, she started complaining about how she didn't want him touching her erogoneous with his heavily callused hands.

He finally looked at her and said, "How do you think these hands got callused, woman?!"

BBS Signature
BeFell
BeFell
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 13:43:44 Reply

Well I finally took my shitty as laptop in to be worked on. The technical term for its problem was holy shit you've had a lot of blue screens. So after they formatted the harddrive they figured out a bad memory was actually the culprit. A new one will be in tomorrow until then I get a loaner...

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 14:52:02 Reply

At 1/30/06 12:35 PM, Proteas wrote: As to "shitty weights," weights are weights, it doesn't matter if their plastic covered concrete or just discs of cast iron. I'd be more concerned about the set your working out with (bar, bench and like).

They're plastic covered concrete, and they're shitty for at least two reasons

A) Concrete isn't that dense, so they're huge and bulky, which means I can't fit as much weight as I'd like onto the dumbbells or barbell.
B) They've got small holes on them for loading, so even if I did buy good weight equipment, the weights would be incompatible.

Anyway, I probably will pick up some weight gloves next time I'm at the mall or some shit, though I do already have a few calluses on my hands.

RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Writer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 15:24:03 Reply

mmmm

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 16:58:10 Reply

At 1/30/06 02:52 PM, Elfer wrote: A) and B)

Okay... I guess those are factors I never considered. O_o

*looks at benchpress barbell*

That bit about being less dense does make sense, now that I'm able to compare them to the castiron weights I have.

Anyway, I probably will pick up some weight gloves next time I'm at the mall or some shit, though I do already have a few calluses on my hands.

Nothin' wrong with a few calluses. It's blisters I despise. X-P

At 1/30/06 03:24 PM, red_skunk wrote: mmmm

Let me be the first to ask this question... what the hell is that?

BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 17:32:10 Reply

I have really good weight gear, weider is a dependable brand. My dumbell holds a lot more than 40 pounds. Infact right now it's holding about three times that. I just keep one going because bar space is an issue and the big ones cost too much to outdue the inconvience of putting the thing down and then picking it up with the other hand.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Writer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 17:57:24 Reply

At 1/30/06 04:58 PM, Proteas wrote: Let me be the first to ask this question... what the hell is that?

Let me be the first to respond by saying that it's some scooby snacks I'm whipping up.

BBS Signature
Empanado
Empanado
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 18:26:44 Reply

At 1/30/06 05:57 PM, red_skunk wrote:
At 1/30/06 04:58 PM, Proteas wrote: Let me be the first to ask this question... what the hell is that?
Let me be the first to respond by saying that it's some scooby snacks I'm whipping up.

You're a sick, sick man.

BeFell
BeFell
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 18:39:43 Reply

At 1/30/06 05:57 PM, red_skunk wrote: Let me be the first to respond by saying that it's some scooby snacks I'm whipping up.

That looks like the remains of the sweet and sour pork I made two weeks ago.

I should really do dishes more often.

BBS Signature
Empanado
Empanado
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 19:00:16 Reply

At 1/30/06 06:39 PM, BeFell wrote: I should really do dishes more often.

I wasn't aware that mormons were allowed to do dishes.

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 19:06:01 Reply

At 1/30/06 04:58 PM, Proteas wrote: That bit about being less dense does make sense, now that I'm able to compare them to the castiron weights I have.

Yeah, cast iron weights are sweet. The other thing that cast iron plates don't have are plugs that can go flying out spraying concrete dust into your eye.

Nothin' wrong with a few calluses. It's blisters I despise. X-P

Well, got to have the blisters before you get calluses.

BeFell
BeFell
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 19:17:31 Reply

At 1/30/06 07:00 PM, Empanado wrote:
At 1/30/06 06:39 PM, BeFell wrote: I should really do dishes more often.
I wasn't aware that mormons were allowed to do dishes.

Well I'm technically not allowed to do your momma either but even still every Saturday night she gets her fill of teh BeFell.

BBS Signature
Slizor
Slizor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 19:21:14 Reply

A bench. There's no practical way to add weight to push-ups.

Get backfat. Assuming that women get big fat asses for sitting on the sofa all day you'll need to lie down for the next few weeks at the very least.

I started going back to the gym recently after a break of a year and a half. My god I'm as weak (slightly fatter though) as I was when I was 16. It's really quite depressing, even though I never really went to the gym to bulk up, just to be toned and fit.

RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Writer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 19:31:14 Reply

At 1/30/06 06:26 PM, Empanado wrote: You're a sick, sick man.

Well if you ate it now, you'd die...

teh plot thickens?

BBS Signature
Empanado
Empanado
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-30 19:35:11 Reply

At 1/30/06 07:31 PM, red_skunk wrote: Well if you ate it now, you'd die...
teh plot thickens?

Oh, so that means...
...that...
Uh...
You're...

Gah. I hate it when I run out of snappy comebacks. This is probably how small-dicked bodybuilders feel when they're in the gym shower.