New Topic Respond to this Topic
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 17:01:08 Reply

Headlines... you've got to love the headlines. A story about how a group of fighting roosters escaped in downtown isn't very interesting, but tag on the headline of "ANGRY COCKS TERRORIZE TOWN" and suddenly everyone is interested. :-)

BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 17:45:10 Reply

It's a big dream for us to get merchendice and advertisers so that writing for the endless crew can become a full time job, mainly because all other options for adulthood scare the crap out of me.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
HighlyIllogical
HighlyIllogical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 17:50:52 Reply

At 1/5/06 05:01 PM, Proteas wrote: Headlines... you've got to love the headlines... but tag on the headline of "ANGRY COCKS TERRORIZE TOWN" and suddenly everyone is interested. :-)

Too true. Sensationalism is funny, but not neccesarily good.

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 18:35:53 Reply

At 1/5/06 05:45 PM, stafffighter wrote: It's a big dream for us to get merchendice and advertisers so that writing for the endless crew can become a full time job, mainly because all other options for adulthood scare the crap out of me.

who in the whatnow?

¥ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ¥
¥ ¥
Blag [updated: 4/20/2014] ¥ ¥

BBS Signature
A-Carrot-By-Dr-Riot
A-Carrot-By-Dr-Riot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 18:38:16 Reply

It's sorta funny to hear the information slowly trickle out. Certain details let more slip out than is intended.

We found out today that they looked at the security footage of the crime and they came to the conclusion that it was definitely an American. Translation: He was black.

The way they actually found the guy by comparing the time of the crime to the video footage of people entering the gates, then comparing records of each sailor entering the base. They then got all the people in the right time frame and the guy admitted his guilt.

I sort of want to give him a really awesome steak dinner before we turn him over to the Japanese, just so the rotten fish heads taste that much worse.

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 18:43:11 Reply

At 1/5/06 06:38 PM, Dr_Arbitrary wrote: I sort of want to give him a really awesome steak dinner before we turn him over to the Japanese, just so the rotten fish heads taste that much worse.

so he's not going through any US military style trial, he's being handed over to the japanese authorities? fuck man. he might as well commit hari kari

¥ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ¥
¥ ¥
Blag [updated: 4/20/2014] ¥ ¥

BBS Signature
fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 18:53:28 Reply

At 1/5/06 07:23 AM, EnragedSephiroth wrote: Now... is it just me or is that horrible sentence structure? "It has been learned" when the fuck to you end a sentence on that phrase? -.- Lord help these people find other jobs.

It functions adverbially, so it's grammatically correct. It's a mouthful of course because it's a passive sentence. I think I can make it better...

"Military officials took in a suspicious U.S serviceman to question his involement in the murder of a 56 year old woman."
Montgomery-Scott
Montgomery-Scott
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 18:54:17 Reply

poor guys' officially fucked.

A-Carrot-By-Dr-Riot
A-Carrot-By-Dr-Riot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 19:53:38 Reply

At 1/5/06 06:43 PM, MALforPresident wrote: so he's not going through any US military style trial, he's being handed over to the japanese authorities? fuck man. he might as well commit hari kari

It's part of the Status Of Forces Agreement. Basically, if a sailor does something petty and stupid, they agree to hand them over so that they don't get screwed over. But for things like rape or murder, the guy is fucked.

There is a three day waiting period first though, he's in US custody right now, I think, but it's not going to be long before he gets sent away. They really have a very different approach towards justice.

And the moral of the story is: Don't murder 56 year old women in foreign countries that have no tolerance for serious crimes.

HighlyIllogical
HighlyIllogical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 19:56:15 Reply

At 1/5/06 06:54 PM, Quanze13 wrote: poor guys' officially fucked.

Poor guy? He's a murderer. Who should be locked up for the REST of his natural life.

Wraith
Wraith
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 19:58:51 Reply

So wait, how sure is his conviction right now anyway?

Montgomery-Scott
Montgomery-Scott
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 20:06:52 Reply

At 1/5/06 07:56 PM, mackid wrote:
At 1/5/06 06:54 PM, Quanze13 wrote: poor guys' officially fucked.
Poor guy? He's a murderer. Who should be locked up for the REST of his natural life.

I know that. I was using a turn of phrase. poor guy not meaning that I condone what he did, but poor guy meaning that he's screwed and will be sentenced to life or death.

A-Carrot-By-Dr-Riot
A-Carrot-By-Dr-Riot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 20:09:44 Reply

Well, he's black, he's american, he's in Japan, he's caught on high resolution video cameras, I've heard he was found in posession of bloody clothing and 1000 yen bills (I can't imagine that it's his blood on the bills). Plus, he's allready admitted guilt.

Japan is xenophobic, and sailors and marines have a history of doing fucked up stuff like gang raping 12 year olds, smuggling drugs, burglarizing homes (and killing the residents), desecrating shrines (imagine if a Muslim tourist burned down a church or took a shit in the holy water.)

This guy is totally fucked.

Wraith
Wraith
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 20:10:57 Reply

Oh, and as an update to the whole military-school thing, I'm going to get to come back home if I pass this year and don't get in any major trouble. So look for me to be back online more once this school year closes.

HighlyIllogical
HighlyIllogical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 20:14:41 Reply

Is military school as bad as it's shown to be in the media? Or is it just like any other school except you have to drill?

stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 20:17:18 Reply

At 1/5/06 08:10 PM, -Wraith- wrote: Oh, and as an update to the whole military-school thing, I'm going to get to come back home if I pass this year and don't get in any major trouble. So look for me to be back online more once this school year closes.

A slightly lower chance of you dieing as an automiton in the oil war, yay

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
HighlyIllogical
HighlyIllogical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 20:19:51 Reply

By the way, does anyone know what counts as a "regular?" A hundred posts and up, or is more needed?

stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 20:21:15 Reply

At 1/5/06 08:19 PM, mackid wrote: By the way, does anyone know what counts as a "regular?" A hundred posts and up, or is more needed?

If you need to ask, then you're a dumbass.

BBS Signature
Montgomery-Scott
Montgomery-Scott
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 20:21:57 Reply

At 1/5/06 08:21 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 1/5/06 08:19 PM, mackid wrote: By the way, does anyone know what counts as a "regular?" A hundred posts and up, or is more needed?
If you need to ask, then you're a dumbass.

i guess the response to that question never changes.

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 20:22:20 Reply

At 1/4/06 05:44 PM, MoralLibertarian wrote: Hey folks, I submitted a piece of audio in the audio portal. Please listen and tell me how great I am. Thanks.

I think you should have picked better samples (although maybe you just did the whole thing on a cheap keyboard that didn't offer any good midi instruments) The bass part was a little over simplified, and drums in particular were a little wrong for the piece. Slow tom rolls are a little too punk rock for the tone of this song. I would have chosen a sizzling highhat playing straight ride on both the up and down beats, with rimshot or woodblock knock on the 3 beat. I would alternate single and double shots of a warm bass drum on the 1 beat every measure. I would then synch up the bass with the bass drum.

The keyboard leads were very good, and the arpeggio'ed guitar chords formed a nice platform. Melodically I was very happy with the piece. I suggest stripping out the current drum track and emailing me the song so I can add real drums to it.

My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 20:28:31 Reply

At 1/5/06 07:23 AM, EnragedSephiroth wrote:
Now... is it just me or is that horrible sentence structure? "It has been learned" when the fuck to you end a sentence on that phrase? -.- Lord help these people find other jobs.

It's called "passive voice" and it's used to avoid mentioning subjects, in this case, who has learned about the incident and will be coming around to get some justice.

It's not only grammarically correct, it's also politically correct. They teach that shit in technical composition courses.

You ignorant fag.

HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

Wraith
Wraith
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 20:44:40 Reply

Yes, and after my experiences here, any possibility I considered of ever joining the military has been completely written off. There's way too much bull-shit for me to ever consider joining the armed forces. I'd rather work at Mcdonald's the rest of my life, at least I'd have my personal freedom to go wherever I want, do whatever (and whoever) I want, and come home and hang out with friends.

fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 20:46:30 Reply

At 1/5/06 08:10 PM, -Wraith- wrote: Oh, and as an update to the whole military-school thing, I'm going to get to come back home if I pass this year and don't get in any major trouble. So look for me to be back online more once this school year closes.

Is it what you expected?

Wraith
Wraith
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 20:49:04 Reply

At 1/5/06 08:46 PM, fli wrote: Is it what you expected?

You mean the school? Or coming back home?

fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 21:00:21 Reply

At 1/5/06 08:28 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 1/5/06 07:23 AM, EnragedSephiroth wrote:
Now... is it just me or is that horrible sentence structure? "It has been learned" when the fuck to you end a sentence on that phrase? -.- Lord help these people find other jobs.
It's called "passive voice" and it's used to avoid mentioning subjects, in this case, who has learned about the incident and will be coming around to get some justice.

LOL... My teacher totally made us use Bush's speech after Huricane Katrina.
"Mistakes have been made..."

It's not only grammarically correct, it's also politically correct. They teach that shit in technical composition courses.

Yeah, I know... I hated that class.

Even this sentence is grammatically correct...
"Once upon a time, as a walk through the woods was taking place on the part of Little Red Riding Hood, the Wolf’s jump out from behind a tree occurred, causing her fright."

You ignorant fag.

LOL...
*this is me when thinking about the Funk*

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

HighlyIllogical
HighlyIllogical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 21:00:41 Reply

the right to arm bears (as a topic.) Odd.

fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 21:02:10 Reply

At 1/5/06 08:49 PM, -Wraith- wrote:
At 1/5/06 08:46 PM, fli wrote: Is it what you expected?
You mean the school? Or coming back home?

The school... I remember you were pretty upset about going to military school.

Montgomery-Scott
Montgomery-Scott
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 21:03:59 Reply

At 1/5/06 09:00 PM, fli wrote:

What Fil said

OMG. HAHAAH. thats some of the funnies shit eer.

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 21:04:40 Reply

Wow, only five strokes to climax?

I feel so special.

HATE.

MortifiedPenguins
MortifiedPenguins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-05 21:06:56 Reply

At 1/5/06 09:02 PM, fli wrote:
At 1/5/06 08:49 PM, -Wraith- wrote:
At 1/5/06 08:46 PM, fli wrote:

The school... I remember you were pretty upset about going to military school.

Hey i would be too, you know with the Don' Ask don't tell policy.

You would get this big buff drill sergent that starts to like you.

And then find out that Fli has already met him.

Between the idea And the reality
Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow
An argument in Logic

BBS Signature