Sugary-Cupcakes
Sugary-Cupcakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 02:24:11 Reply

!~Attention~!

i have decided to stop posting when i reach 665 posts that is exactly 1 hundred post away so in 100 post the guy u all hate will be gone for a while(till june) so calm down with those damn bans

btw did my ban get removed cuz it was for 3 days then i got off today w/e

patriotic isnt a racial slur it means having pride in ones country

this is just fair warning

fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 03:55:25 Reply

At 12/27/05 01:30 AM, Samuel_HALL wrote: Being buried, to me, is the purest way of literally giving myself back to the earth from which I came.

I see it as the opposite.
You're in a casket that's doesn't decompose.
The corpse is full of embalming fluid.

That's not going to decompose (not for a long while.)
When I went to my grandpa funneral in Mexico a few weeks ago, he was buried with my uncle.

My sister had a slight panic because we saw our uncle's casket. Almost perfect condition. I guess the fact that she was close to him and that she hadn't been close to him since she was 5 years old freaked her out.

There's a place (a park) in CA where you can be buried "naturally". No embalming fluid. No casket. It's contraversial because they believe there's a health and sanitation issues.

Any ways,
to me-- ashes is the fastest way of making sure I'm gone...

Samuel-HALL
Samuel-HALL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 03:56:40 Reply

At 12/27/05 02:24 AM, Stayin_tru wrote: !~Attention~!

!~No one gives a fuck~!

this is just fair warning

Stop posting in the reg lounge.

I don't give a fuck where you go, or when you leave...but allow me to speak for the majority of us, when I tell you that you're not welcome here.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live my life for the sake of another man, or ask another man to live his for mine.

Samuel-HALL
Samuel-HALL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 03:57:50 Reply

At 12/27/05 03:55 AM, fli wrote: There's a place (a park) in CA where you can be buried "naturally". No embalming fluid. No casket. It's contraversial because they believe there's a health and sanitation issues.

Hey, I'd like that very much. Do you know if other places in America do this...or is it just that one park in CA?

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live my life for the sake of another man, or ask another man to live his for mine.

Gunter45
Gunter45
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 04:01:52 Reply

I want to donate my body to science, personally. That seems like it would do people the most benefit, and I don't want a place where people would come look at where I was buried. That's not me down there, that's a corpse.

Think you're pretty clever...

BBS Signature
fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 04:16:07 Reply

At 12/27/05 03:57 AM, Samuel_HALL wrote:
At 12/27/05 03:55 AM, fli wrote: There's a place (a park) in CA where you can be buried "naturally". No embalming fluid. No casket. It's contraversial because they believe there's a health and sanitation issues.
Hey, I'd like that very much. Do you know if other places in America do this...or is it just that one park in CA?

I think there are others in the US.
It's been so long-- I think it was 3 years when I read that article in the Mercury News.

Let me try to google it.

fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 04:19:09 Reply

Okay. I remembered faster than I thought.

Eco-Burial...

Sugary-Cupcakes
Sugary-Cupcakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 04:49:27 Reply

At 12/27/05 03:56 AM, Samuel_HALL wrote:

you're not welcome here.

That;s why u posted it hereand i am a regular cuz i am regualerly here

i know eveyone hates me here and your all going to

just tellin you just b/c your life is like a train wreck doesnt mean you should it out on me

Samuel-HALL
Samuel-HALL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 05:01:10 Reply

post history

At 12/27/05 04:49 AM, Stayin_tru wrote:
At 12/27/05 03:56 AM, Samuel_HALL wrote:
you're not welcome here.
That;s why u posted it hereand i am a regular cuz i am regualerly here

No, you are not. You only signed up this year...and very few of your posts are from the politics forum. Take a look at your post history.

See what I mean? You're not a regular to politics...and you've very few posts, at all.

just tellin you just b/c your life is like a train wreck doesnt mean you should it out on me

I don't want to take it out on you. I just never want to see you within the confines of this thread, again.

And since you can't take a simple, and fairly polite (for me) request...I'll just ignore you, from here on out. Goodbye.

I urge all the other regs to make it a point not to respond to this guy. He's only got a hundred posts left (so he says)...and we can soldier through his cur-ish rantings, until then.

LordXanthus
LordXanthus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 05:53:36 Reply

At 12/27/05 01:30 AM, Samuel_HALL wrote: Christmas went well. Lots of drinking, a little pot smoking.

Always good for those stressful occasions.

I recieved a T.S. Eliot book of poetry, and a book of poetry by the great Dylan Thomas.

Some great poetry there, I'm sure.

I also recieved a Waylon Jennings album (fucking rock)

Waylon Jennings always was one of my favorite country artists.
, and a flask.

I've wanted a flask for a long time...and now I can drink every place I go.

Good times! :D

My gift hall consisted of:

An old pocket knife, a sort of family heirloom.
An old razor, another item that's been in the family a while.
An unusual globe-shaped paperweight.
Jethro Tull's Songs From the Wood on CD, which is a sight better than the tinny sound I get out of my vinyl copy. It also has a couple bonus tracks!
A cute paper heart (my little sister is six)
An IOU for a new PS2, to replace my rickety old one. My Mom makes good on IOUs pretty quickly.

Same here. I appreciated having an ice-cold, dark rain, on Christmas.

For me, that rain actually changed to snow in the mid afternoon. It was unusual, considering the temperature. The snow was there long enough to make things look pretty, and went away that night. That was nice, because I could've left the house if I so chose. Not that I ever do.

Out of curiosity...do hawks, and such, make permanent homes? Or do they just set down stakes for small periods of time?

I'm not sure about that. It depends on where you live, I suppose. If a hawk were to take up a permanent residence, it would be in a warmer southern climate, anyway. Hawks that live in warmer climates do not migrate, as I understand it.

At 12/26/05 05:23 PM, LadyGrace wrote: Is it bad when I see or hear people talking about "pulling out of Iraq" I actually get sexual images?
HAHA.

"C'mon. Why bother pulling out? You've already penetrated without protection!"

Yeah. Now Iraq is a pregnant teenager.

Being buried, to me, is the purest way of literally giving myself back to the earth from which I came.

Personally, I would like my remains to be on permanent display, Lenin style.

Samuel-HALL
Samuel-HALL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 06:16:36 Reply

At 12/27/05 05:53 AM, LordXanthukah wrote:
At 12/27/05 01:30 AM, Samuel_HALL wrote: I recieved a T.S. Eliot book of poetry, and a book of poetry by the great Dylan Thomas.
Some great poetry there, I'm sure.

Most defintely. I consider both men to be two of the greatest poets to ever live.

I'd almost literally kill someone, to write like Eliot.

Or I'd just meet that ol' devil, down at the crossroads. Most people go for the guitar...but that ain't my bag.

I also recieved a Waylon Jennings album (fucking rock)

Fuck yes, man. I literally cried, the day he died.

Yea. I cry over celebrities dying. I cried when Cash died, too.

An old pocket knife, a sort of family heirloom.
An old razor, another item that's been in the family a while.
An unusual globe-shaped paperweight.
Jethro Tull's Songs From the Wood on CD, which is a sight better than the tinny sound I get out of my vinyl copy. It also has a couple bonus tracks!

Jethro Tull rocks hard.

A cute paper heart (my little sister is six)

Aww. I've never had a sister. I kind of always wanted one.

Is it weird to wish that I had a sister, along with my brother?

Hopefully, I won't develop anytime soon, though.

An IOU for a new PS2, to replace my rickety old one. My Mom makes good on IOUs pretty quickly.

She'd better.

I'm not sure about that. It depends on where you live, I suppose. If a hawk were to take up a permanent residence, it would be in a warmer southern climate, anyway. Hawks that live in warmer climates do not migrate, as I understand it.

Ah. I was surprised to even see one, around here, in the winter.

It can be a cold bitch, here in Virginia.

At 12/26/05 05:23 PM, LadyGrace wrote: Is it bad when I see or hear people talking about "pulling out of Iraq" I actually get sexual images?

And you just know the father's gonna pick and stakes and hall ass, the minute that baby comes out, too.

Being buried, to me, is the purest way of literally giving myself back to the earth from which I came.
Personally, I would like my remains to be on permanent display, Lenin style.

Ew. I don't want folken staring at my corpse, for decades to come.

That's just fucking creepy.

LordXanthus
LordXanthus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 06:40:24 Reply

At 12/27/05 06:16 AM, Samuel_HALL wrote: Most defintely. I consider both men to be two of the greatest poets to ever live.

I'd almost literally kill someone, to write like Eliot.

Or I'd just meet that ol' devil, down at the crossroads. Most people go for the guitar...but that ain't my bag.

Heh, heh.

I don't actually cry for celebrity deaths, usually. It seems so distant, like you can't be sure if it actually happened. Just a little blurb on the the evening news. I did cry when viewing Pope John Paul II's funeral, though. I'm not Caholic, and I knew virtually nothing about him, but it was such an emotional moment. The world was greatly moved by this man, and I was able to feel that, if you get my meaning.

Jethro Tull rocks hard.

The greatest band ever, if you ask me.

Is it weird to wish that I had a sister, along with my brother?

That's not weird at all. We're always wanting something in our lives that isn't there, and a sister's companionship can be a great thing to have.

She'd better.

Oh, she will. She's one to keep promises, and a very giving sort.

Strange. You would only expect a hawk during warmer times of the year.

And you just know the father's gonna pick and stakes and hall ass, the minute that baby comes out, too.

Papa don't preach, I'm in trouble. I hate that damned song.

Ew. I don't want folken staring at my corpse, for decades to come.

That's just fucking creepy.

Creepy for everyone else. Fun for you, provided your able to stick around and view the festivities. I'm not wholly certain of an afterlife, myself.

You know, I just realized that I spend more time in the reg lounge than I do actually debating political issues. It's like you're all becoming buddies to me. All of the interesting political issues have already been discussed to death, though. The best I can come up with is Canadian sex clubs.

EnragedSephiroth
EnragedSephiroth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 07:36:29 Reply

Considering we already impregnated the country with our seamen and our infantry, rammed all its doors down, siezed it's pipe... lines, and basically took it by forcible entry... why pull out? I mean... finish the deed, this war has yet to come to it's climax.

At 12/27/05 01:30 AM, Samuel_HALL wrote: Christmas went well. Lots of drinking, a little pot smoking.

Ah that compliments my upcoming picture well...

Or... you can just leave yourself on the ground in a forest somewhere to rot, decompose back into the earth and create life from your fertilizing remains. :/

In a casket you're actually in a pressure vaccum, where you will decompose extremely slowly (years) and on top of that, your casket is sealed within a "vault" or concrete casket so... I don't think the Earth would be getting a single molecule from you that way.

At 12/27/05 06:16 AM, Samuel_HALL wrote: Jethro Tull rocks hard.

I second that, Aqualung my friend.

At 12/27/05 06:40 AM, LordXanthukah wrote: The greatest band ever, if you ask me.

I'd say Led Zeppelin or Opeth if you ask me... but then again, nobody asked me so... I shouldn't post this but... I will.

Now then... I saw the movie KIDS today. I must say it was a sort of flashback through my adolescent days (around 10-17) back when my neighborhood was gang-infested and there was a lot of shit to be seen and shit to be done. Of course, I didn't go around whoring myself and giving everyone aids like the main character in the movie, but the parties, the inceasant cursing, and the constant talk about getting laid was all there. It's sad that it's still there with the subsequent generation(s)...

Anyway, this picture is from my favorite scene in the movie, never have I seen children act like grown men as I have in this scene of course, I don't smoke, but I found it highly amusing:

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

LordXanthus
LordXanthus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 08:08:32 Reply

At 12/27/05 07:36 AM, EnragedSephiroth wrote: In a casket you're actually in a pressure vaccum, where you will decompose extremely slowly (years) and on top of that, your casket is sealed within a "vault" or concrete casket so... I don't think the Earth would be getting a single molecule from you that way.

Oh, it does eventually get out. Perhaps a hasty decomposition would be more helpful to the Earth, though.

Damned right.

At 12/27/05 06:40 AM, LordXanthukah wrote: The greatest band ever, if you ask me.
I'd say Led Zeppelin or Opeth if you ask me... but then again, nobody asked me so... I shouldn't post this but... I will.

:It's good to hear others' opinions. It keeps the mind sharp.

Now then... I saw the movie KIDS today. I must say it was a sort of flashback through my adolescent days (around 10-17) back when my neighborhood was gang-infested and there was a lot of shit to be seen and shit to be done. Of course, I didn't go around whoring myself and giving everyone aids like the main character in the movie, but the parties, the inceasant cursing, and the constant talk about getting laid was all there. It's sad that it's still there with the subsequent generation(s)...

I actually wish I had some partying and getting laid during my youth. Believe it or not, it didn't happen.

Anyway, this picture is from my favorite scene in the movie, never have I seen children act like grown men as I have in this scene of course, I don't smoke, but I found it highly amusing:

Hee, hee. That's pretty funny. My posts are becoming less coherent, I've noticed. Oh, well. Nothing like spending the night online. I need to go to bed now, though. A good rest makes me sound more intelligent.

Samuel-HALL
Samuel-HALL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 10:03:57 Reply

At 12/27/05 06:40 AM, LordXanthukah wrote:
At 12/27/05 06:16 AM, Samuel_HALL wrote:
I don't actually cry for celebrity deaths, usually.

Nor do I. It was just that those two men had such a deep influence on me.
I, literally, grew up with their music.

I'll cry the day Bob Dylan dies, too. Like a fucking baby.

Jethro Tull rocks hard.
The greatest band ever, if you ask me.

Locomotive Breathe is one of my favorite songs, of all time.
For both the lyrics, and the highly impressive flute, in the song.

Strange. You would only expect a hawk during warmer times of the year.

That's what I thought, too.

You know, I just realized that I spend more time in the reg lounge than I do actually debating political issues.

I know exactly how you feel. There was a point when I rarely ever posted in here.
And now, it's a safe-haven of an oasis, from the rants and rambles of people I have no chance of beating in a debate (not because they have skill...just because they're too dumb to penetrate. I could scream at my dog all day, too...and come out with the same results).

Haven't slept in a day and a half. And now people are coming over, for afternoon drinking.

The days are strange, when the men don't sleep.

At 12/27/05 07:36 AM, EnragedSephiroth wrote:
Ah that compliments my upcoming picture well...

I assure you, friend: There were no fourteen year old black boys getting high at my party.

That'd just creep me the fuck out.

Locomotive breath happens to be my favorite, personally.

I love Zep...don't get me wrong. They're on my top five favorite bands, ever.

I just get tired of hearing about them. The local radio station loves to 'GET THE ZEP OUT!!!!!!!", at least fifteen times a day.

And all they want to play is stuff from II and 4. And those are both great albums...but I personally think III is the best, hands down.

'The gallows pole'? C'mon. Tell me that's not Zep's best song.
'Hats off (to Roy Harper)' makes me want to cum in my pants.

Jinzoa
Jinzoa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 10:23:56 Reply

christmas sucked for me but then again it probably did for a few people to.

stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 11:08:44 Reply

Naturally on the day after the christmas those radioshack commercials with the people asking for shit started to feature a kid with a jewfro bigger than the rest of his body. While he talked openly about the toy being for (I'm gonna fuck the spelling) chaunuca at the end they still said happy holidays. I'm depressed because these things wouldn't happen if the bulk of the population wasen't stupid or apathetic enough to let it. I need a nap and several drinks.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
RedScorpion
RedScorpion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 11:20:04 Reply

At 12/27/05 11:08 AM, stafffighter wrote: I need a nap and several drinks.

There there, stafffighter.
Some nice hard liquor will make it all better. :P

RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Writer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 11:47:17 Reply

At 12/27/05 11:08 AM, stafffighter wrote: I'm depressed because these things wouldn't happen if the bulk of the population wasen't stupid or apathetic enough to let it.

Um... Apathetic about a radioshack commercial? Is that a bad thing? I'll become worried when more people give a shit.

The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature
RedScorpion
RedScorpion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 11:58:29 Reply

At 12/27/05 11:47 AM, red_skunk wrote: Um... Apathetic about a radioshack commercial? Is that a bad thing? I'll become worried when more people give a shit.

Lol, I don't think it's over the radioshack commercial... I think it's over the fact that so many people have collasped to politically correct sayings instead of saying 'Happy New Year' or 'Merry Christmas' or whatever.

But hey, Christmas IS over... and - fuck, I just lost my argument.
---------------------
Surely there's something better to worry about than this P.C. Happy Holidays crap.

stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 12:01:26 Reply

At 12/27/05 11:58 AM, RedScorpion wrote:
---------------------
Surely there's something better to worry about than this P.C. Happy Holidays crap.

There's the fact that half the screen of my new dvd player is locked into this blue overtone. True that's only an issue for me but it is something that matters in that respect

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Writer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 12:11:15 Reply

At 12/27/05 01:30 AM, Samuel_HALL wrote: I've wanted a flask for a long time...and now I can drink every place I go.

Flasks are nice. i found mine in a Wal-Mart(?) parking lot in Maine. It was a downpour, barely saw it. Just sitting on the sidewalk. Great find.

BBS Signature
RedScorpion
RedScorpion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 12:43:13 Reply

At 12/27/05 12:01 PM, stafffighter wrote: There's the fact that half the screen of my new dvd player is locked into this blue overtone. True that's only an issue for me but it is something that matters in that respect

See? Exactly what I was talking about. ^^

Welp, I've got a story for you all - it involves my two uncles and a enormous gift that they gave themselves this christmas...

(Yes, they are gay, if I didn't already give it away)

Anyway... they decided to go to a store (Leon's) and buy a bunch of stuff on one of those 'Don't pay 'till next year' deals. On this agreement, they decided to buy - two LCD screens, a brand-new bedroom set, new dishes, and two $150 lamps. Altogether, that comes to a price of around... $7000.

Now, you might be thinking 'They must be pretty rich to afford all that!' Nope, nope. One of my uncles, Gary, works at a hotel, and the other, Dan, is a store manager. Your average income, if you will. However, they seem to get bored easily with the furniture that they have, and by this example alone shows how... unthoughtful they can be in their purchases.

The funny thing is that they didn't 'need' this stuff at all! They already had tv's (they replaced two good ones), bedroom sets, dishes, lamps - all in good condition. I guess apparently they're just going to 'live tight' for the next year so they can save enough money. My mom and I just basically said 'OMG' at them being so frivolous, and laughed in a 'you've got to be joking' way when they said they were going to 'buckle down' to save enough money.

If I were them, I would take it all back before it's too late. The interest is gonna be killer by next year. But hey...

stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 12:56:47 Reply

I also have such a set of uncles. Do to them living far away and my fathers arguments with them over unrelated matters I didn't know either of them very well and early in life infact forgot which one was my actual uncle. When I asked about this my mother thought I was asking who was the boy and who was the girl. It's just like, no, they're both the boy, I get how that situation works. As for further details I cannot imagine a situation in which I would want to know or where she would have the answer.

To relate to your point further I am getting a new dvd player but it's not out of frevolity and I'm not paying for it. The store is giving me a replacement because the thing is broken and half the screen is blue

BBS Signature
Jinzoa
Jinzoa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 13:10:51 Reply

lol your stories crack me up plus the fact that they were true makes it better:D

RedScorpion
RedScorpion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 13:20:48 Reply

At 12/27/05 12:56 PM, stafffighter wrote: I also have such a set of uncles. Do to them living far away and my fathers arguments with them over unrelated matters I didn't know either of them very well and early in life infact forgot which one was my actual uncle. When I asked about this my mother thought I was asking who was the boy and who was the girl. It's just like, no, they're both the boy, I get how that situation works. As for further details I cannot imagine a situation in which I would want to know or where she would have the answer.

Yea, I don't know them very well either - they live on the west coast, and until now, I've mostly lived on the east coast. I did know them when I was very little (2-5), but after that I've had very little contact with them. Actually, one is only my mother's cousin, and the other unrelated, but I call them my uncles because they took care of me when I was little. They're pretty nice guys - excluding the frivolous side. The inherent paranoia in me doesn't get shut down though. :P

To relate to your point further I am getting a new dvd player but it's not out of frevolity and I'm not paying for it. The store is giving me a replacement because the thing is broken and half the screen is blue

Bonus. At least they're taking it back and giving you a new one.

Oh, for all you people with the snow blues... Ha! Here's a picture from Edmonton, Alberta - god knows how many miles/kilometers north of you guys, and there's not an inch of snow. Not an inch.

I know. I'm surprised too.

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

Demosthenez
Demosthenez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 14:18:51 Reply

At 12/27/05 04:19 AM, fli wrote: Okay. I remembered faster than I thought.
Eco-Burial...

LOL Marin County, my old home. The craziest, richest, most leftist hippie motherfuckers in the world. It was hilarious.

At 12/26/05 09:05 PM, fli wrote: There's only one person who I ignore. For sake of peace, I will not name that person...

Who? I have to know. Is it me? I wont care if it is.

Actually, I just want to know if its me or not :P

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 16:48:11 Reply

Not really. Somewhere I've got a collection of George Carlin's early standup, and he did like 5 minutes on the sexual connotations of war, as related to Vietnam.

Pull out? Doesn't sound manly to me Bill... I say we stay in there and get the job done!

At 12/26/05 10:34 PM, -Michael- wrote: costco.com

Blagh. Give me a Scottish funeral pire over a damn casket any day.

BBS Signature
fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 17:09:40 Reply

At 12/27/05 02:18 PM, FAB0L0US wrote:
At 12/27/05 04:19 AM, fli wrote: Okay. I remembered faster than I thought.
Eco-Burial...
LOL Marin County, my old home. The craziest, richest, most leftist hippie motherfuckers in the world. It was hilarious.

Only place I can't stand in CA is Redding... I totally forgot why I was even there because man... I vowed never to come back.

At 12/26/05 09:05 PM, fli wrote: There's only one person who I ignore. For sake of peace, I will not name that person...
Who? I have to know. Is it me? I wont care if it is.
Actually, I just want to know if its me or not :P

Stev... Oh never mind...

RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Writer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2005-12-27 19:03:12 Reply

Waitasecond. I was watching the boob tube, and they were justifying "detaining" "enemy combatants" and "spying" on "suspected terrorists". It got me to thinking...

If the president has the authority to trample all over constitutional rights during times of "war", and this "war" is against everyone "against us" and probably will go on for the forseeable future...

Then this basically means the president has unlimited powers for forever, huh?

BBS Signature