New Topic Respond to this Topic
Empanado
Empanado
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-10 18:59:06 Reply

Enough with this smarty-pants talk. We need a link to something that will make people vomit and possibly want to tear their eyes out.

Rubber Johnny, Rubber Johnny

(Moderately creepy)

MortifiedPenguins
MortifiedPenguins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-10 19:05:14 Reply

At 1/10/06 06:18 PM, fli wrote:
At 1/10/06 06:13 PM, fenrus1989 wrote:
At 1/10/06 06:08 PM, fli wrote:
At 1/10/06 06:00 PM, Rydia_Lockheart wrote:

Drama... more specifically Radio-TV-Film

Ah no Broadway. I feel that Broadway is funnier then most movies out there. Spamalot and The Producers to name a few.

But i can't act or play any sort of instrument or draw or paint, or anything creative.

Between the idea And the reality
Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow
An argument in Logic

BBS Signature
Montgomery-Scott
Montgomery-Scott
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-10 19:06:12 Reply

At 1/10/06 06:59 PM, Empanado wrote: Enough with this smarty-pants talk. We need a link to something that will make people vomit and possibly want to tear their eyes out.

Rubber Johnny, Rubber Johnny

(Moderately creepy)

bleh. I've seen this before in adverts for aphex twin (a great techno group, for those of you who don't know), and its at the same time disgusting and amazing. minus the amazing part. It makes me want to be ill. I love it. Its horrible. Its great.

Imperator
Imperator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-10 19:09:48 Reply

Like, writes. He actually just came out with a new novel.

Whops, little behind in the times......

Good stuff alll around....

Speaking of more "higher" level cultural experiences, I gotta get my ass back to the DSO or the DIA one of these days.....

I got a friend who plays trumpet for the DSO, never seen him play though, forshame on me.......

That's Detroit Symphony Orchestra and D-town Institute of Arts for most everyone else.....

Writing Forum Reviewer.
PM me
for preferential Writing Forum review treatment.
See my NG page for a regularly updated list of works I will review.

LordXanthus
LordXanthus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-10 19:21:30 Reply

At 1/10/06 07:05 PM, fenrus1989 wrote: But i can't act or play any sort of instrument or draw or paint, or anything creative.

Acting, music, and painting? These things have all been done before. Why don't you try doing something that no one could ever have possibly done? Then you'll be sure that you're doing it right. :P

fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-10 19:22:15 Reply

At 1/10/06 07:05 PM, fenrus1989 wrote: Ah no Broadway. I feel that Broadway is funnier then most movies out there. Spamalot and The Producers to name a few.

Eh...
I'm more on the lines of script writing, producing, etc.

Because I am VERY interested in getting my script done very soon. Blah! Nobody has contacted me.

I've been on 3 other scripts, and waiting to have someone do the first one. The first one is good. I spent several years on it (since 10th grade, or when I was 15 years old). The other 3 were very quick, but then again-- I didn't have the story in my mind like the first one.

The next one I'm going to submit was inspired by Shakespeare's "Histories". You know... sorta historical, but lot of liberties done to change the story. Like Macbeth...

Well, I'm writing about "La Malinche" and Hernan Cortez-- It's a comedy in the sense that there are several funny character, but it ends sadly. The story is about Hernan Cortez' inability to know what he wants: the love of Malintzin and have no social mobility, or to marry a Spanish woman and have mobility.

MortifiedPenguins
MortifiedPenguins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-10 19:48:19 Reply

At 1/10/06 07:22 PM, fli wrote:
At 1/10/06 07:05 PM, fenrus1989 wrote:
Eh...
I'm more on the lines of script writing, producing, etc.

Because I am VERY interested in getting my script done very soon. Blah! Nobody has contacted me.

Well you have to sell out Fli, i love the ideas for your scripts but the general populace probally doesn't. Just do something that the general will like and enjoy.

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature
fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-10 20:05:09 Reply

At 1/10/06 07:48 PM, fenrus1989 wrote: Well you have to sell out Fli, i love the ideas for your scripts but the general populace probally doesn't. Just do something that the general will like and enjoy.

Sad thing is that my script is pretty decent, and doesn't really on excessive sex, drugs, or violence. (Although, there are some.)

It's about two brotehrs and two friends. They meet each other after a decade, and they hate each other, and it all ends in tragedy. But there are TONS of funny moments.

Anyways,
I think I have a knack at good story development and creating organic characters, but at the end-- this is useless skill in the entertainment business.

Sigh--
Well, I'm going to continue writing just for fun.

MortifiedPenguins
MortifiedPenguins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-10 20:08:19 Reply

At 1/10/06 08:05 PM, fli wrote:
At 1/10/06 07:48 PM, fenrus1989 wrote:

Anyways,
I think I have a knack at good story development and creating organic characters, but at the end-- this is useless skill in the entertainment business.

One word, Books, i get this speech from my english teacher for good writing all the time. Thats what you need to do, write a book. Something with sequels, like Rowling did.

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-10 20:25:45 Reply

How about fli writes a story about two people with only one thing in common who clash for two hours and then kiss?

Maybe he could do a story of a sports teams that are the underdogs untill a tough but kind leader teaches them about life?

There could be a story in that teenage boys want sex but have diffculty getting it!

Fuck all this, it takes people willing to make diffrent things to make anyone notice. I applaud flis efforts and would see his shows if the theaters didn't demand I dress up.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-10 20:36:19 Reply

At 1/10/06 08:25 PM, stafffighter wrote: How about fli writes a story about two people with only one thing in common who clash for two hours and then kiss?

Actually, I am writing a book for the past 2 years. Off and on.
It's about the Pink Triangle.

It takes place in 1986, and starts off with a survivor of Auschwitz who has a bad relationship with his son, and had a bad one with his own father.

I was inspired by Silent Hill, so I have this guy slip back and forth between Auschwitz and reality.

It's a story about father and sons.

I'm being very careful about writing this one. I don't want it to be categorized as gay literature. So I wrote it where you don't know this is about the Pink Triangles till the end.

I really want people to pick it up and enjoy it-- and not think, "This is so gay..." So far I've suceeded with that. Because there is a male and male love story-- but I hardly want that to be the focus point of the story (unlike Brokeback Mountain.)

JoS
JoS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-10 21:41:12 Reply

well the interview was fun. 1.5 hours long, but it when by quickly. there are 600 people applying for their various positions, and 350 openings, so I am liking my odds. Plus it turns out I had one of the highest scores on the written test.

I wish I would find out sooner than April though.

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature
MortifiedPenguins
MortifiedPenguins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-10 22:08:44 Reply

Is it just me or is Flagg on quite a bit of asshole posts right now. Not to imply anything, or to hate anyone.

But he has seemed to be a wee bit assholish, like in the gay gene topic, and HIV bombers.

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature
fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-10 23:18:48 Reply

At 1/10/06 10:08 PM, fenrus1989 wrote: Is it just me or is Flagg on quite a bit of asshole posts right now. Not to imply anything, or to hate anyone.

But he has seemed to be a wee bit assholish, like in the gay gene topic, and HIV bombers.

You are starting to find this out that Damien is a willy soul?

LordXanthus
LordXanthus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-10 23:20:54 Reply

At 1/10/06 09:41 PM, JoS wrote: I wish I would find out sooner than April though.

Well, good luck to you. Your odds sound good, anyway.

At 1/10/06 10:08 PM, fenrus1989 wrote: But he has seemed to be a wee bit assholish, like in the gay gene topic, and HIV bombers.

Of course. That's his character. You must admit that tihngs get dull without a mean bastard or two heating things up. :P

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-10 23:25:15 Reply

At 1/10/06 05:54 PM, red_skunk wrote:
At 1/10/06 12:06 AM, MALforPresident wrote: you're speaking o fithaca ny? if so...that place is one hell hole of a suicide causing place!
It's the single place in upstate NY that let's a person forget that he's in upstate NY. What are you on?

i've spent a lot of time in ithaca, i have friends in ithaca..i have friends attending college there...that place is sucky. i mean, even the ivy league makes fun of the place "ithica has gourges and.....well..there are the gourges" it also has a larger suicide rate then other northern NY cities.

i actually live just south of Lake Placid. Spend my summers in Malone working, going between Massena, Potsdam, Canton, all of those rathole areas of upstate NY...ithica is by far the most boring place!

i dont understand how you can find any interest in that place... i mean, is there even any decent skiing, bouldering areas? well..the gourges must be ncie rock climbing and rafting...but hell, i'd be bored by the big rivers out there. coem to the Adirondacks sometime see some ncie sites, find some nice spots to chill

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥
¥ ♡ ¥
Blag [updated: 5/15/2015] ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-11 01:42:00 Reply

Damn you all. Damn damn damn damn.

I love you all.

There, I said it.

BBS Signature
LadyGrace
LadyGrace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-11 01:52:44 Reply

At 1/11/06 01:42 AM, JMHX wrote: Damn you all. Damn damn damn damn.

I love you all.

There, I said it.

It's either the drugs, the alcohol or the ADD that brought this upon us. Either way... it makes me tingle.

BBS Signature
EnragedSephiroth
EnragedSephiroth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-11 02:24:57 Reply

At 1/11/06 01:42 AM, JMHX wrote:

Good lord where've you been?

In other news, I bought an Action Replay codebreaker today for my PS2... nifty... does anyone else own one?

Oh and to the person that posted that cat pic about empanado, this cat pwns yours.

- The Regulars Lounge Thread -

Jinzoa
Jinzoa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-11 02:25:38 Reply

At 1/10/06 09:41 PM, JoS wrote: well the interview was fun. 1.5 hours long, but it when by quickly. there are 600 people applying for their various positions, and 350 openings, so I am liking my odds. Plus it turns out I had one of the highest scores on the written test.

I wish I would find out sooner than April though.

Ouch waiting until April to get a reply must be painful on the nerves(assuming that you are nervous ofcourse) i would be hell pissed having to wait that long......but since there are so many people applying and all what can ya deh?

fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
LordXanthus
LordXanthus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-11 14:13:40 Reply

At 1/11/06 04:00 AM, fli wrote: "Feel Good" LOL!!!
*masturbation*

That was cute. While we're on the subject of YTMNDs, did you know that I'm gay? And here's my new personal favorite, The Bauman E-mails: A Dramatic reading.

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-11 16:59:11 Reply

I went through that space time contineum rip under my chest of drawers... when I came out on the outher side, I found Cthulu sitting in an easy chair wearing a smoking jacket reading my NEW copy of the Vampire Lestat.

So what did I do? I bitchslapped him like a cheap ho who spent the money on crack! I paid $10 for that book (paperback), and there no way in hell I was about to let some narcileptic Elder God grab it away from me halfway through reading it.

So after I slapped him, he got up and started making these sounds like he was pissed off, right? And I said, "BRING IT BEEYATCH!!!" So we proceeded to beat the living hell out of each other for the next 10 minutes, all the while he was muttering something about "Put on the sunglasses."

I finally tied his tentacles around his "neck" (as it were) in a headlock, and grabbed my book. I made my way back to my portal, but just before going, I tossed him my copy of "The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty" and said "Enjoy." I mean, I didn't want to leave the poor bastard without something to read...

BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-11 17:51:50 Reply

At 1/11/06 04:59 PM, Proteas wrote: I went through that space time contineum rip under my chest of drawers...

You know that's funny, because earlier today I was lifting large amounts of weight without a shirt on when I got a call on my impressive flippy screen cell phone. I immediatly threw on my badass leather jacket and rode my motorcycle out of a third story window, because I keep it inside for just that kind of exit

As i drove out onto the open road I was joined by several individuals i could not see past the all black attire and helmets. the first two whipped out sub machine guns and preforated each other when I hit my breaks and spun out watching them fall. As their bikes exploded for no good reason I accelerated and came up behind the next.. As he, I'm assuming from the muffeled scream, fell and my bike rose into the sky seemingly propelled from the flames of his fallen craft. The last two jpined forces and held a length of chain out straight in my course. I jumped off my bike as they sped past. I landed standing on my seat and couldn't stop posing long enough to check on them being spun out of control by their own momentum.

When i finally got to the warehouse Godsmack was playing from some etherial source. My bike burst through the door and they couldn't be bothered to stop firing long enough to see I wasen't on it. As it exploded I used the inferno of my fallen ally and jumped through aiming twin berettas. The evil ones were knocked back amazing amounts of distance for handgun rounds. The guns were rocked out of my hands from the side and I rolled down and threw my now shredded jacket off. I yelled "That was new" to the the wresteler build goon. As he charged me I dove between his legs and came up behand him, bringing him to the floor. I heard his spine snap under my elbow and left him to burn, spitting out blood and going to face the final challenge.

After acending the stairs I felt the air grow colder. I opened the door to see his dark, lank shape under a spotlight. there was a chair with his prey tied to it in the corner. He scratched a patern into the wooden floor and lifted his eyes. He spoke "you never could let it end" I responded "It didn't have to be this way" to which he retorted "yes it did." and struck. I disarmed him as he landed a kick to my defined but not to the gay level midsection. He landed a punch to my face and sent me into the wall. He picks up his sword and charged. I gained jsut enough straength to hit the side of his blade and divert him into the window. In a moment of compassion I grabbed at his flailing arm and was brought to my knees by his weight. I stared into my lost comerades eyes and said "it doesn't have to be this way" He smiled with a forgotten pride and said "You never could let it end." He let go and fell incredibly slowly to his death.

At which point I untied LadyGrace and we did it

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
Montgomery-Scott
Montgomery-Scott
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-11 18:23:40 Reply

goodness, story time in the reg lounge.

stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-11 18:31:18 Reply

At 1/11/06 06:23 PM, Quanze13 wrote: goodness, story time in the reg lounge.

Yes, we covered sci fi and action. Turn out a lighthearted teen sex romp now!

BBS Signature
Sugary-Cupcakes
Sugary-Cupcakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-11 18:37:08 Reply

At 1/8/06 05:03 AM, EnragedSephiroth wrote:
Her boobs are not nice

Media blinds people like you in to thinking the only "nice"(which isnt even all that good, nice is low on the scale) are double D's you need to break free because appartly it's too late

btw any boobs are nice boobs

RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Writer
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-11 18:39:33 Reply

At 1/10/06 11:25 PM, MALforPresident wrote: i actually live just south of Lake Placid.

You're out of your mind. All of that clean air has clouded your mind. If you weren't constantly high on excessive oxygen, then you'd realize where you are, and cry yourself to sleep every night. The Adirondacks are for weekend camping trips. People don't live there. You're mad, mad I tell you!

My one grandmother grew up near Lake Placid, we scattered her ashes in some backwards town 'round there, where she and my grandfather were married.

Ithaca is just a midway point. After school I'm going in one of two extremes -- either moving back to Vermont, or heading down to the city. I need to drive a cab in NYC for a decade or so to get the creative juices flowing for my great American novel. I think. =)

The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature
BeFell
BeFell
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-11 20:53:25 Reply

I got sick of my computer crashing all the time so I decided to just play X-Box and then it crashed...

Fuck you Microsoft.

BBS Signature
LadyGrace
LadyGrace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to - The Regulars Lounge Thread - 2006-01-11 21:14:15 Reply

At 1/11/06 08:53 PM, BeFell wrote: I got sick of my computer crashing all the time so I decided to just play X-Box and then it crashed...

Fuck you Microsoft.

LOLOLOL

buy a mac

BBS Signature