New Topic Respond to this Topic
greghatesevry1
greghatesevry1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
coffee alternative 2006-09-12 12:18:10 Reply

i cannot wake up unless i have coffee. . . the only problem is coffee makes my ass explode. . .over the years i have just been dealing with this, hoping my stomach would become used to it but it hasnt.

i am thinking about trying to drink redbull in the morning

so what are some coffee alternative's or what techniques do you use to wake up?

DumbassDude
DumbassDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Voice Actor
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-12 12:19:18 Reply

Red bull will make your liver explode, I would stick with the coffee.

BBS Signature
MidnightPlease
MidnightPlease
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-12 12:22:02 Reply

black chocolat , i eat cereals with little black chocolat pieces in 'm oh love that , if that doesn't work try anything with cafein , a chap i knew drinks coke 24 hours a day and he doesn't look ....tired ..mmyes
some people take showers i guess , my theory is ' you fuck up your morning , then you fuck up your day ' but that doesn't help much now does it ...
( is it just me or is this lv 10 pic giving me all the confidence i need for posting more random crap on the bbs O_o)

stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-12 12:22:58 Reply

There's caffine in everything from chocolates and mints to bars of soap. One average shower supposedly equals one cup. Sometimes I'm forced to stay up through sheer force of will, it's not fun but I function.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
kreten
kreten
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Artist
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-12 12:24:03 Reply

tea.

greghatesevry1
greghatesevry1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-12 12:26:00 Reply

hmm the thing is i cant even make it to the kitchen or bathroom unless i have coffee in me. . .my coffee machine is set up next to my bed. . . (i set it up before i go to bed and when my alarm goes off i start my coffee and drink it in bed)

the-it-it-it
the-it-it-it
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-12 12:27:05 Reply

After I have coffee it makes me need a crap...

greghatesevry1
greghatesevry1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-12 12:32:28 Reply

At 9/12/06 12:24 PM, kreten wrote: tea.

wow that just might work. . .ill try it out this week (ive been trying diff things. . .today i just tried brewing the coffee but not drinking it hoping the smell would be enough to get my eyes open but i ended up guzzling the shit)

TropicalPenquin
TropicalPenquin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-12 12:48:06 Reply

Coffee has never ever appealled to me. Maybe i should take it up to see if i have the willpower to quit.

ArtistJ
ArtistJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-12 12:49:17 Reply

Cafeine pills keep yo' ass intact

BBS Signature
Apollo
Apollo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-12 12:53:15 Reply

Coffee, giving you gas, I never heard of that happening before, but anyways, Red bull, is a good choice, as long as you drink four every morning, then your liver will explode.

BBS Signature
greghatesevry1
greghatesevry1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-12 16:44:07 Reply

At 9/12/06 12:53 PM, Apollo wrote: Coffee, giving you gas, I never heard of that happening before, but anyways, Red bull, is a good choice, as long as you drink four every morning, then your liver will explode.

it didnt give me gas. . .i would drink coffee and 10 mins later have to poop. . . i usually have to hit up the bathroom at least twice in the morning and then im fine. . . .but its annoying to have this happen every time i drink coffee

losiglow
losiglow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-12 16:53:46 Reply

I hate to be the hippy here, but why don't you just learn to go without it? I'm 25 and have never needed caffeine (in any of it's several forms) to function in the morning. I get up at 6am most days. I'm a little groggy for that first half hour, but who isn't, coffee or not? Not to say I don't tip back a mountain dew or Coke a couple times a month at a fast food joint, but I just don't need it to wake up. You need coffee because your body has become accustomed (sp?) to it. Not to be mellowdramatic, but it's the same reason a heroin addict needs to shoot up or the smoker needs another cigarette. Go without it for a few weeks, maybe months depending on how long you've been on it, and you'll find you don't really need it.

DumbassDude
DumbassDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Voice Actor
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-12 16:55:28 Reply

At 9/12/06 04:53 PM, losiglow wrote: I hate to be the hippy here, but why don't you just learn to go without it?

Go back to your tent Simmons

BBS Signature
Complete
Complete
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-12 16:57:52 Reply

At 9/12/06 12:19 PM, DumbassDude wrote: Red bull will make your liver explode, I would stick with the coffee.

Wrong, it gives you wings.

LOL

BBS Signature
greghatesevry1
greghatesevry1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-13 00:18:19 Reply

At 9/12/06 04:53 PM, losiglow wrote: I hate to be the hippy here, but why don't you just learn to go without it? I'm 25 and have never needed caffeine (in any of it's several forms) to function in the morning. I get up at 6am most days. I'm a little groggy for that first half hour, but who isn't, coffee or not? Not to say I don't tip back a mountain dew or Coke a couple times a month at a fast food joint, but I just don't need it to wake up. You need coffee because your body has become accustomed (sp?) to it. Not to be mellowdramatic, but it's the same reason a heroin addict needs to shoot up or the smoker needs another cigarette. Go without it for a few weeks, maybe months depending on how long you've been on it, and you'll find you don't really need it.

there have been periods in my life where i dont drink coffee cuz i just cant take being sick. . .but i just need it to wake me up. . .i think im gonna try redbull this week. . .ill see how it works

Darsha2
Darsha2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-13 00:25:22 Reply

Stare at the G Man for an hour. if the trick works, you will never sleep for the rest of your life. >=)

BBS Signature
Vrael
Vrael
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-13 00:26:19 Reply

red bull is awesome but if i were you how i get up is i have my cellphone alarm on set to 10 minutes after my first alarm when i hit snooze (snooze lasts 15 minutes) if im not off m cell will go off and i hide it in my room so i have to get up to turn the damn thing off then if i go backt to sleep m snooze wears off then i get up shower drink a cup of joe or a can of bull and head on out

Thanks to Kalhua for creating my awesome sig!

BBS Signature
FrizB
FrizB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-13 00:32:12 Reply

At 9/12/06 12:24 PM, kreten wrote: tea.

Yes, don't listen to what anybody else is saying. Not only is tea good for you (cleans your system), but it most teas have more caffine than coffee. I reccomend jasmine tea, or if it is too strong try jasmine MILK tea. It is very sweet and once i drank it at like 8:00 at night and i tried to sleep at 11 but slept at 12, and I woke up at 3:00 in the morning. And I usually sleep for 10 hours. O.O JUST TRY SOME TEA!

BBS Signature
troubles1
troubles1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-13 00:52:15 Reply

I work alot and I am on my feet most of the day, so when I wake up I make a cupe of coffee the foldgers single, then when I leave the house I go to the corner store where I buy 1 rockstar,1redbull,and 1 starbucks large coffee frapiccuno, and a pack of cigs, plus the morning paper. total cost $9.88. 5 DAYS A WEEK.

BBS Signature
HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-13 00:53:44 Reply

To me, Red Bull is more of a "Last Resort Energy Drink". I'll stick to coffee, let it be instant, canned or actual brews.

Next Release ETA: ?

IMEMO
IMEMO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-13 00:54:09 Reply

Speed.

BBS Signature
Overlord-Master
Overlord-Master
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-13 01:01:40 Reply

coke and muffins...

DimensioN
DimensioN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-13 01:04:02 Reply

When im not dead tired (which is most days anyway) you could try a non-caffene alternative ie. skull a large glass of ice cold water, or oj. another good method for the tired eyes is geting a small towel and damp with warm water and rub on face, you feel more refreshed.
Your saying coffee makes you crap, this would be a result of the caffeine. have you tried other types of coffee? ie. instant coffee, beans ect.

Tancrisism
Tancrisism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-13 01:13:55 Reply

Continue drinking coffee, just make sure to eat some sort of food with lots of fiber in it.

Fancy Signature

Elamdri
Elamdri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-13 01:32:07 Reply

NoDoz

Vlux
Vlux
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-13 01:37:06 Reply

Wash your face with Club Soda. Seems obscure? Nope, it works. :)

Original-JaminGrit
Original-JaminGrit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Programmer
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-13 01:56:11 Reply

Try Krating Daeng. It's basically red bull, but without as much sugar and caffeine, but still about 4 times stronger than a normal can of red bull. You should be able to buy it from any oriental grocer.

Although I do agree with the hippy. They say that an apple in the morning wakes you up just as well as a cup of coffee would. And most caffeine dependencies are psychological anyways.

Ares-Lord-Of-War
Ares-Lord-Of-War
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-13 02:54:17 Reply

At 9/12/06 12:22 PM, stafffighter wrote: There's caffine in everything from chocolates and mints to bars of soap. One average shower supposedly equals one cup. Sometimes I'm forced to stay up through sheer force of will, it's not fun but I function.

caffeine in everything?

ha ha, you're silly.

and misinformed.

and brush ya teeth!

---
Gamertag - chunky2

greghatesevry1
greghatesevry1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to coffee alternative 2006-09-13 09:39:28 Reply

well al these suggestions were good. . .i figured id try drinking tea and redbull this morning. . . but after my alarm went off w/out really thinking i turned the machine on (its right next to my bed) and once the coffee was made i had to drink it :-/

but wash ur face w/ club soda?! i knew it could get stains out. . .but it also works as a face wash!! is there anything club soda cant do?!