New Topic Respond to this Topic
WinTang
WinTang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
last.fm 2006-09-05 03:42:34 Reply

I discovered that a bunch of NG audio artists are featured on the site last.fm. Check here. Does anyone know how that site works exactly?

nightvision
nightvision
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to last.fm 2006-09-05 03:53:19 Reply

How do we add our own content? Do we submit it?

pitbulljones
pitbulljones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to last.fm 2006-09-05 08:58:14 Reply

last fm just monitors whats on a persons computer and what they play via a winamp plugin. so thats why we pop up on there, cos people have downloade your track and played it the plugin has recognised it. dont worry noone can nick your music off of it as it doesnt hold any unless you give em a sample or whatever or a cd topurchase.

Latest Track Shine On
My Soundcloud My Youtube
If you like my music leave a review, message me for a review. My music's free to use just credit me!

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to last.fm 2006-09-05 10:05:42 Reply

im #1 on a lot of ppls lists ^^

yay me!
PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to last.fm 2006-09-05 10:15:12 Reply

At 9/5/06 08:58 AM, pitbulljones wrote: last fm just monitors whats on a persons computer and what they play via a winamp plugin. so thats why we pop up on there, cos people have downloade your track and played it the plugin has recognised it.

Well, at least that makes me feel slightly better knwoing that a few more people are listening to my music :D

Distortzion
Distortzion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to last.fm 2006-09-05 13:54:49 Reply

That's called audioscrobbler.

n00bs

Worship.

BBS Signature
Love-Hate-War
Love-Hate-War
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to last.fm 2006-09-05 16:53:35 Reply

At 9/5/06 01:54 PM, Distortzion wrote: That's called audioscrobbler.

n00bs

They changed the name....fool

MusicalSerenity
MusicalSerenity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to last.fm 2006-09-05 17:00:32 Reply

No offense taken whatsoever (And i'm not saying I want to be on) but... is it just me or do they have Proficiency who I belive was caught big time stealing music and not me nor many other good artists?

MusicalSerenity
MusicalSerenity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to last.fm 2006-09-05 17:07:51 Reply

At 9/5/06 05:00 PM, MusicalSerenity wrote: No offense taken whatsoever (And i'm not saying I want to be on) but... is it just me or do they have Proficiency who I belive was caught big time stealing music and not me nor many other good artists?

I take that back... I searched myself up and found me (though they are still missing some great guys) but why is Proficiency there? Should he not be removed?

LoneEagle
LoneEagle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to last.fm 2006-09-05 17:17:08 Reply

Bwahahaha!!! There are 3 persons who are fans of General_Leo and 5 persons who are all a fan of one of my tracks XD

No i'm not trying to turn this into another stats whore thread i just found it funny to see my name on that site. So if this turns out into another stats shit thread then it's your fault... yea you!

MusicalSerenity
MusicalSerenity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to last.fm 2006-09-05 17:20:27 Reply

At 9/5/06 05:17 PM, General_Leo wrote: Bwahahaha!!! There are 3 persons who are fans of General_Leo and 5 persons who are all a fan of one of my tracks XD

No i'm not trying to turn this into another stats whore thread i just found it funny to see my name on that site. So if this turns out into another stats shit thread then it's your fault... yea you!

Me? =O

WinTang
WinTang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to last.fm 2006-09-05 17:26:36 Reply

At 9/5/06 08:58 AM, pitbulljones wrote: last fm just monitors whats on a persons computer and what they play via a winamp plugin. so thats why we pop up on there, cos people have downloade your track and played it the plugin has recognised it. dont worry noone can nick your music off of it as it doesnt hold any unless you give em a sample or whatever or a cd topurchase.

Hm but they also have a message board, and they keep telling each other how they "added people to the list".
And I'm not worrying at all about nicking, I put my music up for grabs here, don't I? As long as they say it's by a dude calling himself WinTang I like running into things like this. :)

LoneEagle
LoneEagle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to last.fm 2006-09-05 17:31:52 Reply

At 9/5/06 05:20 PM, MusicalSerenity wrote: Me? =O

Well... "if the shoe fits" or was it the hat? What's the damn expresion i'm looking for? Anyways if you feel like you are the one then that's ok :) But i really wasn't speaking to anyone in particular... you knew that didn't you? You're just wasting my time keeping me away from going to the kitchen and making myself some supper... god i'm hungry... mmm spaghetti. So long suckers! XD

Syntrus
Syntrus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to last.fm 2006-09-05 21:34:40 Reply

Heh well i'm not on the list.

No Golds crew UNITE!

Syntrus keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006
The Madness of Kid Triangle

BBS Signature
Mataro
Mataro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to last.fm 2006-09-06 01:24:41 Reply

I'm part of the 'no golds' crew, cheers to that lol. Now we just have to wait for the rest of the crew, unless were the only two, in which case I feel really pathetic T.T.

Oh well, ONE day, there shall be a gold album on my page, but you kinda wonder how well a real gold record would sound, I bet it sounds like pure crap =p.