00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"wii" fails

4,055 Views | 77 Replies

"wii" fails 2006-08-25 12:58:08

I've checked many things about this console called wii. It seems pretty stupid and will be a failure. Here are my reasons.

1. most stupid nitendo fan boys will say to you that gameplay is better then graphics. that is true, but nitendo games suck. all the games from nitendo seem repeating and its seems like the same thing over and over.

2. Nitendo will lose an advantage in game libray. Because, nitendo's wii has not-up-2-date graphics compared to other systems, they will not be able to get latest pc game imports.

3. The will controller will not work for all televisions. Especially if you have a projectille tv. The one with the plastic screen, not glass.

4. Wii seems like it will have 2 many driving, tennis, and baseball games, compared to the demand for fps games.

5. 4 players on will will be extremley difficult. Especially if you have a small tv.

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 12:59:54

WTF? You can use the remote controller to aim in FPS games. The Wii will be a success. You probably don't think it will because you're against Nintendo. Nintendo OWNS!!!!

#1286129 // soundcloud.com/1shibumi

BBS Signature

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:00:42

At 8/25/06 12:59 PM, boney_man wrote: WTF? You can use the remote controller to aim in FPS games. The Wii will be a success. You probably don't think it will because you're against Nintendo. Nintendo OWNS!!!!

I nvr said it couldn't

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:00:47

Nintendo hads the legend of zelda fanboys/girls to give them a major boost.

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:01:28

First off, I think you aim the controller at the wii CONSOLE... Also Wii has something inovative, is cheap. And it also includes the virtual console.

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:01:58

Nitendo makes me sick. They are more for japanese user tastes.

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:02:02

At 8/25/06 12:58 PM, SanShrewCatcher wrote: 3. The will controller will not work for all televisions. Especially if you have a projectille tv. The one with the plastic screen, not glass.

That made me laugh. xD I have one of those projectile tvs. :P It's constantly being tossed from one end of the room to the other. xD Makes it so hard to play Nintendo games on it. :P The XBox and Sony games, however, work just fine! xD

"Men don't grow up; they just grow out."

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:02:06

"nitendo games suck "

wtf are you talking about its good if ur not fat and lazy plus nintendo had some of the greatest games!

mario
zelda
final fantasy 1 to 6 , cc , ring of fate , crstal bearers and tactics

many more fun games!

wii (chuckle) never know until we play it for our selfs!!!! fuck the internet!!!!

Damn stop going to conclusions, you have to play it first!!!1

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:02:33

yeah, it shouldnt be that bad.

Xbox360 still my favorite.

BBS Signature

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:02:36

At 8/25/06 01:00 PM, Jinzoa wrote: Nintendo hads the legend of zelda fanboys/girls to give them a major boost.

It's funny how liking a game is 'fanboyism' today.

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:03:19

Ok, we all know nintendo fucked up with the gamecube but the Wii oculd be their comeback. I`ve read alot of things about big time game makers making games exclusively for the wii, I.E. George Lucas, Hideo Kojima.

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:03:28

At 8/25/06 01:00 PM, SanShrewCatcher wrote:
At 8/25/06 12:59 PM, boney_man wrote: The Wii will be a success. You probably don't think it will because you're against Nintendo. Nintendo OWNS!!!!
I nvr said it couldn't
At 8/25/06 12:58 PM, SanShrewCatcher wrote: It seems pretty stupid and will be a failure. Here are my reasons.

Yes you did.

BBS Signature

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:03:51

Shut the fuck up.

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:04:43

At 8/25/06 01:02 PM, Mind-Edge wrote:
At 8/25/06 01:00 PM, Jinzoa wrote: Nintendo hads the legend of zelda fanboys/girls to give them a major boost.

your exactly right , NINTENDO RULZ AND SONY!!!! XBOX ok but errr

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:05:41

Wii will never be #1 it wil be like the dreamcast. Plus, how wants to play video games with your mom!

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:06:39

At 8/25/06 01:04 PM, Dejanus wrote:
At 8/25/06 01:01 PM, SanShrewCatcher wrote: Nitendo makes me sick. They are more for japanese user tastes.
Of course it is. And that is why everyone here is agreeing with you.

ZOMGWTFBBQN00B

well everyone has there opinions but thats theres , i like nintendo thou

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:07:48

At 8/25/06 12:58 PM, SanShrewCatcher wrote: 1. most stupid nitendo fan boys will say to you that gameplay is better then graphics. that is true, but nitendo games suck. all the games from nitendo seem repeating and its seems like the same thing over and over.

That's your opinion, nothing related to facts.

2. Nitendo will lose an advantage in game libray. Because, nitendo's wii has not-up-2-date graphics compared to other systems, they will not be able to get latest pc game imports.

Nintendo will have much improved graphics with the Wii over the Gamecube. The only difference is that Nintendo is just doing a cheap upgrade, so the console won't cost an assload of money. The gameplay is what sells a system, not the awesome graphics. Plus, whatever 'lack of PC imports' occurs will be made up for by the Wii's dev-kit being incredibly easy to work with. Not to mention that since the Wii will be the cheapest of the three consoles, developers will feel like they're missing out on a major market if they don't develope for the Wii.

3. The will controller will not work for all televisions. Especially if you have a projectille tv. The one with the plastic screen, not glass.

Uh, yes it will. The movement of the controller is based entirely on internal detection and determination of location. The gismos and gadgets are in the controller, so it knows when it's tilted at a certain angle or whatever, and sends that feedback wirelessly to the console, which then responds appropriately based on how the game you're playing works. It has nothing to do with what TV you use.

4. Wii seems like it will have 2 many driving, tennis, and baseball games, compared to the demand for fps games.

Nintendo is making a new Metroid game that will be a first person adventure game. There's all sorts of games in the works that will make full use of the fact that the controller can easily be used as a 'gun-like' weapon. Not only that, but you're just putting in an opinion right here. Nothing is as it 'seems'.

5. 4 players on will will be extremley difficult. Especially if you have a small tv.

Not really. But then again, Playstation has never had more than 2 players (I don't know or care if the 3rd incarnation of the console will have 4), and Xbox already requires an HDTv in order to view graphics at their full capacity. I wouldn't be surprised if PS3 was the same. It'd be no different than any other system on a small screen with four players, when you're controlling the game you don't HAVE to stand up and prance around like an idiot. You can get quite comfortable on the couch and probably move in less pronounced ways for the same effect.

Basically, none of your conclusions or theories hold water.

BBS Signature

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:07:52

At 8/25/06 01:05 PM, SanShrewCatcher wrote: Wii will never be #1 it wil be like the dreamcast. Plus, how wants to play video games with your mom!

yes thats not if ur mums fat and lazy! id say its more for active gamers! lazy gamers go for ps3

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:10:04

I will say this slowly so you understand. Everyone but you <3's the Wii. There is nothing wrong with it except 4 player on one screen. Next, don't make a thread when you know fanboy's will pwn you... to death.

BBS Signature

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:10:08

At 8/25/06 12:58 PM, SanShrewCatcher wrote: all the games from nitendo seem repeating and its seems like the same thing over and over.

How does that differ form any other console? Most PS3 games are sequels like tekken 6, and Xbox acutally remake old games.

You haven't seen the Super Smash Brothers brawl video yet, have you?

What kind of loser owns a plastic Tv? I'm sure you'll be able to plug them in aswell.

I haven't heard of the realease of any driving, tennis, or baseball games yet.

Use the controller pack then.

I never really was a fan of Nintendo, But I know that Nintendo wil be able to live up the hype. It's already defeated the markets.

The cake is a spy... hahaha no

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:10:42

At 8/25/06 01:07 PM, Evark wrote:

:Truthful rant thingy

So true... so true.

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:11:04

If you ever meet a zelda fanboy/girl you will get what i mean.

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:12:34

At 8/25/06 01:11 PM, Jinzoa wrote:
If you ever meet a zelda fanboy/girl you will get what i mean.

I knew what you ment, Im just saying when you like a game you are labled a fanboy.

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:15:15

And it had the dumbest name ever. WTF does "wii" mean?

Wait....WHAT!? NOOOOO!!! I want my lawyer! I want my mommy! I WANT MY LAWYER'S MOMMY!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:16:42

At 8/25/06 01:01 PM, Mind-Edge wrote: First off, I think you aim the controller at the wii CONSOLE... Also Wii has something inovative, is cheap. And it also includes the virtual console.

No, you aim at the screen, but the Wii takes the signal from the controller.
And yeah, I read it was coming out at $229.

BBS Signature

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:17:41

At 8/25/06 01:16 PM, boney_man wrote: No, you aim at the screen, but the Wii takes the signal from the controller.
And yeah, I read it was coming out at $229.

No, there is a sensor you set on the top of the Tv.

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:18:54

At 8/25/06 01:15 PM, Masteronin wrote: And it had the dumbest name ever. WTF does "wii" mean?

It's a Japanese pun on the English word "Wifi"

-_-

"Men don't grow up; they just grow out."

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:19:38

All three systems look good, including the Wii. The only thing I dislike about the Wii is the lesser-quality graphics, but I don't have a hi-def tv anyway, so i can't get much out of that... All in all, the Wii will probably be the next-gen system I buy.

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:19:39

At 8/25/06 12:58 PM, SanShrewCatcher wrote: I've checked many things about this console called wii. It seems pretty stupid and will be a failure. Here are my reasons.

1. most stupid nitendo fan boys will say to you that gameplay is better then graphics. that is true, but nitendo games suck. all the games from nitendo seem repeating and its seems like the same thing over and over.

And what about EA? Their sport games are the same every single year. At least Nintendo tries something new.

The Wii has excellent 3rd party support, and pc games can't be ported anyway, the system is too unique.

The controller gets detected by the sensor bar. You said you did research.

I don't see that much sport games on the release list.

Again, sensor bar. It really works. Have faith.

BBS Signature

Response to "wii" fails 2006-08-25 13:20:09

At 8/25/06 01:15 PM, Masteronin wrote: And it had the dumbest name ever. WTF does "wii" mean?

It's supposed to stand for "we" like it brings people together, and the two i's are supposed to stand for the new controller... I read that in Time magazine, from some guy that went and tested it. I think "Wii" is a cool name in a weird way.

BBS Signature