00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LFCLIAM96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mastering some audio

793 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Mastering some audio 2006-08-24 00:28:07

My band just finished our album. There are 15 songs on it. We are a rock/punk/whatever the hell you wanna call it band. We sent in one of our songs to someone to master and it came out great! The only problem is that the dude only does one song for free! I was just wondering if anyone out there on NG knew how to master audio a little bit better than us. I would appreaciate maybe some tips, advice, or maybe even someone willing to master some of our songs. Thanks!

Response to Mastering some audio 2006-08-24 02:34:28

I could try and master it, I'm not to awesome though (atleast I dont think so anyways :P)

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature

Response to Mastering some audio 2006-08-24 02:44:14

Do you have individual tracks for all the instruments? That makes mastering so much simpler and much more effective... otherwise you're stuck with treble/bass manipulation only...

Response to Mastering some audio 2006-08-24 02:46:15

mmm. One of the biggest problems I see when helping bands out with mixing and mastering is that they don't mic their instruments correctly. So many times I've seen only 1 mic on the drums, which leads to all sorts of problems. How did you mic the performance?

BBS Signature

Response to Mastering some audio 2006-08-24 03:17:39

At 8/24/06 02:46 AM, DavidOrr wrote: mmm. One of the biggest problems I see when helping bands out with mixing and mastering is that they don't mic their instruments correctly.

Its just like trying to EQ a looped beat with thrives on only one FX channel. Impossible :(

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Mastering some audio 2006-08-24 13:33:49

Most of the songs on the album do have more than one drum mic but others dont

Response to Mastering some audio 2006-08-24 19:41:55

i wish i can master stuff to =(

i'd pay the guy if it's worth it

Response to Mastering some audio 2006-08-25 14:37:06

im not bad at mastering, i help a friend out mastering his rock music from his band. send me an email with a link to the file/files and ill try and help you out :) . my email is bogman247 at hotmail dot com .

Response to Mastering some audio 2006-08-25 15:45:31

I've been learning mastering techniques, and I'm getting pretty damn good at it if I do say so myself. If you want, I'll take a preliminary crack at it, and if you like, I'll do a real run through everything.

a