00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

orafice13 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

synth 2006-08-23 21:10:52

what do you use to make synth? i use sytrus, but i'm getting bored of it and wondering if there are any better ones out there, what do you use?

Do NOT click the siggy

BBS Signature

Response to synth 2006-08-23 22:35:55

:U

Response to synth 2006-08-23 23:40:12

i accidentally made a cool synth sound today. I did some fingerpicking on some chords and added shit tons of reverb and in the mix, it sounded like the pimpest synth on the face of the planet.

Response to synth 2006-08-24 03:36:43

At 8/23/06 11:40 PM, gecko21189 wrote: added shit tons of reverb and in the mix, it sounded like the pimpest synth on the face of the planet.

...what? Why is everyone on newgrounds absolutely mesmerized and taken over by reverb and delay?

No offense.

Reverb and delay may make the synth more suitable to a mix, and mastering-friendly, but you need to fool with effects that change the entire feel of a sound, instead of just the quality.

Flangers. Distortion. Vocoders! Those are fun to use on synths. Manipulating a note that is (lets say) playing a C, but you make the vocoder play a G. CRAZY SHIT RIGHT THERE YO. Other things like that... fiddle with the knobs. If you strike a knob wrong, turn it back so you get less of an effect, and move some other knobs... you'll soon get a sound you love :)

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to synth 2006-08-24 08:14:18

But I love reeverb so much :(

Worship.

BBS Signature

Response to synth 2006-08-24 11:03:01

Hm,when I were you I would try out Vanguard. I'm using it and it sounds very fantastic!