00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

switizuwu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Huffing compressed gas to get high?

1,706 Views | 2 Replies

So I went down to bestbuy to pick up some compressed air for miscellaneous lazy man cleaning. And the cleck said they needed my ID and had to also get it out of lock up. He verified that I was over the age of 17 (I'm turning 21 in less than 2 months, and haven't looked 17 since I was 15...) and then got the compressed air for me.

He then let me in on the scandalous secret. Some local kids had been buying this stuff and huffing it, so they made a policy to just lock it up and ask for ID. Thats fair, good job Bestbuy.

But my only true question is, I thought compressed air was just CO2 in liquid form. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't human being EXHALE CO2? So huffing this stuff would be like holding your breath. Except you're paying someone $5 to do it.

The specific brand was Kensington, 'Duster II'.

Any comments? Does anyone else have this restriction at their Bestbuy / other retail location.

Response to Huffing compressed gas to get high? 2006-08-17 17:04:25

At 8/17/06 04:54 PM, ChasmyrSS wrote: so they made a policy to just lock it up and ask for ID.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to just randomly lock shit up and demand ID for it.

But my only true question is, I thought compressed air was just CO2 in liquid form. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't human being EXHALE CO2? So huffing this stuff would be like holding your breath. Except you're paying someone $5 to do it.

It has to do with how "potent" the gas is. It's the same with oxygen, you can huff it to get high, it is just in higher concentration.

Response to Huffing compressed gas to get high? 2006-08-17 17:13:24

At 8/17/06 05:04 PM, -Flynt- wrote:
At 8/17/06 04:54 PM, ChasmyrSS wrote: so they made a policy to just lock it up and ask for ID.
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to just randomly lock shit up and demand ID for it.

Why?

It has to do with how "potent" the gas is. It's the same with oxygen, you can huff it to get high, it is just in higher concentration.

- 100% pure oxygen will kill you, yes. But potency has nothing to do with CO2 gas, your body expels it, which means your body does not abosorb it at all.