00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Dredger...

753 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Dredger... 2006-08-13 23:41:03

I'm sure you've all noticed that for the last couple of days hundreds (or in the Misc. section, THOUSANDS) of new or even very old songs have appeared in NG's Audio Portal. I did some looking, and found out that a person/people has been goung through each individual section of the portal and that person, I'll call him/her the "Dredger", has voted a "5" on every single song that had a rating of zero.
This caused some very interesting effects. The most obvious one was that many songs that had never received voted went to the top of the ratings list. Some songs were even from 2003. Another effect I noticed was that the number of songs with a rating of 2.5 increased exponentially. This was caused by someone voting a zero as the first vote on a song, causing it to immediately drop to the bottom of the ratings list untill the Dredger came and voted a 5 on it.
I have mixed emotions about this person and what they are doing. I have found some very good songs that I would probably never have heard if it wasn't more visible with the higher rating. On the other hand, I have had to sift through all of those new songs just to find the ones I wanted to hear. Also, this person must have plenty of time on their hands, because it is A LOT of work.
What does everyone else think of this? I really would like to know if the Dredger did a service to the Audio portal, or was just an idiot with nothing better to do than raise songs songs from the NG Audio grave.

Response to The Dredger... 2006-08-14 01:59:53

I found it stupid. I spent about an hour downvoting a lot of crap just to clear some things up. Each vote was fair though, so if the song deserved a 0, I gave it a 0. I never voted more than a 4 though because I didn't hear any fantastic songs. At least it's gone now.

Response to The Dredger... 2006-08-14 04:41:50

Answer: Sad guy with WAYYY too much time on his hands trying to piss people off

Response to The Dredger... 2006-08-14 05:36:38

I think it's kinda funny - I didn't notice it though... way better than zero-voting in my book.