00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GooeyOso just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Drum Roll?(piano roll question)

809 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Drum Roll?(piano roll question) 2006-08-12 01:21:30

I've seen somewhere you can use the piano roll for drums...I know you can but its like totally different...

The different keys are the different percussion instruments...

I saw a screen shot in a tutorial that didn't tell me how to do it...(said i'll learn how later x.x) ...

So anyways, how do I do this?

Example. One key is Snare Drum, the other key is Kick Drum, the other a Crash/Ride...

I hope i'm getting my point out .

Response to Drum Roll?(piano roll question) 2006-08-12 01:26:51

.....no comprende
do you mean you want to do a drumroll with differant drums? that will sound weird..

Response to Drum Roll?(piano roll question) 2006-08-12 01:34:46

Nah...Okay, you can edit multiple instruments in the piano roll you just bring down that drop menu at the top...

When doing so, the other instrument disappears and you have a blank piano roll...

I think there is a way you can keep all the instruments in the current pattern visible on the piano roll so you can tell where everything is without switching back and forth...

Response to Drum Roll?(piano roll question) 2006-08-12 01:38:45

you lost me at , disappears.

Response to Drum Roll?(piano roll question) 2006-08-12 01:40:17

What you are attempting to do takes too long to set up. Just use the piano roll on the sample, and don't do the whole 'layer channel' thing. Takes way too much time.

Response to Drum Roll?(piano roll question) 2006-08-12 01:48:24

Okay, i've figured it out...

I just wanted to be able to view the other instruments so I could place the oher instruments in proper position...

To see what i'm talking about click the button furthest top left and go to helpers and click ghost channels...

^_^ works like a charm ... ty for the help though