00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Motivation 2006-08-10 03:28:57

Probably a pointless topic, but come on man. I need some motivation for sticking to my flash movie. I've taken a pretty long time to work on backgrounds and graphics, and now all i need to do is the animating (the most boring part) and i just can't get myself to open up flash and get to work.

So to all my fellow flash artists, or even just from random people.

How the hell do you keep yourself entertained!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation 2006-08-10 03:31:05

you turn on flash and say to yourself: I'm going to do this. I'm going to animate this and not get distracted.
Just focus on your flash.

Response to Motivation 2006-08-10 03:32:12

At 8/10/06 03:31 AM, flashmac wrote: you turn on flash and say to yourself: I'm going to do this. I'm going to animate this and not get distracted.
Just focus on your flash.

Ittsss sooooo difficuullttt arrrgghhh1!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation 2006-08-10 03:32:59

It's not. Your just lazy. I find that animating characters is the best part and I have the most fun with it.

Response to Motivation 2006-08-10 03:33:42

Meh, I basically gave up on animation due to my lack of drawing/animating ability. Actionscript is where its at :D

But when I was animating/drawing and I lost motivation, I simply watched some cartoons. It reminded me why I was trying to use Flash which was because I had a dream of being an animator one day!

Sadly, as most of my dreams, it was crushed rather quickly. Meh =/

Moral of story: You want motivation/inspiration to draw/animate, watch cartoons/other animations, or if a specific work inspired you, hunt it down and watch/play it. (For example, Dad's Home was one of my favorite motivational movies :D)

Also, remind yourself of why you wanted to make Flash movies in the first place.

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation 2006-08-10 03:34:51

Oh, I forgot, make sure to have fun with it! I still draw/animate for fun, because its something I love (but my skills never improve, so I never show anyone my drawings/animations :D)

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation 2006-08-10 03:41:33

At 8/10/06 03:34 AM, DonutMaster9 wrote: Oh, I forgot, make sure to have fun with it! I still draw/animate for fun, because its something I love (but my skills never improve, so I never show anyone my drawings/animations :D)

Actually helped a lot man. I'm gonna go watch "the yuyu" & "World Stick Tournament" now. =D

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation 2006-08-10 03:42:04

My job is my biggest motivator at the moment. When I was jobless I could work on my animation almost the entire day, because of that it got boring rather quickly. Now I work about 6 hours a day so I have less time to spend on Flash. Usually during work I think of all the things I'm going to make/change that day and in my sparetime I try to spend as much time on my animation as I can.

Also, music motivates me a lot.

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation 2006-08-10 03:52:34

My motivation is: the people that keep telling me to finish my work. But it does get boring doing it sometimes

Response to Motivation 2006-08-10 03:54:11

At 8/10/06 03:42 AM, Xeptic wrote: My job is my biggest motivator at the moment. When I was jobless I could work on my animation almost the entire day, because of that it got boring rather quickly. Now I work about 6 hours a day so I have less time to spend on Flash. Usually during work I think of all the things I'm going to make/change that day and in my sparetime I try to spend as much time on my animation as I can.

Also, music motivates me a lot.

Yea, music always does wonders, but even though i'm gonna go to sleep, cuz i (like you) have work, which i have to go to tomorrow. The only thing that ummmm demotivates me is that a lot of time when i animate, and spend a while on something, and it doesn't look right, it's just depressing, but yea. Well thanks for the support man. I'm off ta bed. And i'm gonna get right on it in the morning.

Also MOUSES SUCK COMPARED TO THE SIMPLE DRAWING TOOL KNOWN AS A PENCIL!!! WTF!!! (That wasn't meant for you, i just had to get that out) nite =D

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation 2006-08-10 06:54:11

I actually like doing flash. But after 5 hours or so, I wish it was already finished.
At this time I usually have been inspired to new projects and I still have to finish this one.

I love to watch my flash, but I'm quite lazy at doing it and so it takes me forever to finish.

Right now I have 3 which I am currently working on. I do them scene by scene. I told myself that each day I have to make at least one scene. In 60 days I should be done, with all three.

(If you finish making your flash, why not to join me?
My e-mail address: kenzushop@yahoo.com)

You can join at any time!