00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mike181 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Swedish Club

12,788 Views | 191 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Swedish Club 2006-08-07 16:21:21

Hi everyone and welcome to round two of the Swedish People Club (now without the "people" - it sounded too awkward, right?)

With our original club being locked due to some new NG rules this is the new place to be for all of us Swedes and dare I say it, even you Sweden-lovers. I do however need to warn you that mistaking us for Swiss people will be severely frowned upon. I'm not kidding either.

So if you like IKEA, meatballs, hot blondes, ABBA, drinking yourself senseless or if you're even remotely Swedish - Feel free to join!

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-07 16:33:22

FYI. The new rule is to promote ENGLISH throughout the forum, despite your cultural background. It'll just make our job of keeping the BBS tidy easier. So...we now return you to your previously scheduled meatballs and blondes.

px hulk.

BBS Signature

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-07 16:39:54

At 8/7/06 04:21 PM, Knudsen wrote: So if you like IKEA,

Flatpacks are evil so the asnwer to that one is no.

meatballs

Yes

hot blondes,

Silly question :P

ABBA

Cheesy pop? what's not to love

And why would you get offended is people mistook you for the swiss? Is there some deep seated hatred between your two countries that I didn't know about?

I'm not swedish but I always like to learn thigns and this club could help me learn about sweden. So I'll stick around if you don't mind.

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-07 16:49:06

At 8/7/06 04:39 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: And why would you get offended is people mistook you for the swiss? Is there some deep seated hatred between your two countries that I didn't know about?

Lol not really. We have nothing against Switzerland, it's just that an alarmingly lagre amount of people keep mistaking Sweden for Switzerland - most of the time not knowing the difference between the two. Common phrases from passers by in the former club was "I like your cheese and chocolate" - which is sort of annoying =P

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-07 16:52:25

I like Setherial, In Battle, Opthalamia, Dark Funeral, Abruptum, Dissection, and Vintersorg.

Plus, I hella want to go there to record at the Abyss studios, plus enjoy the lack of fatass americans.

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-07 17:02:12

At 8/7/06 04:52 PM, AtomikWarTerrorizor wrote: I like Setherial, In Battle, Opthalamia, Dark Funeral, Abruptum, Dissection, and Vintersorg.

Plus, I hella want to go there to record at the Abyss studios, plus enjoy the lack of fatass americans.

You know what? I've never heard any of those names before XD

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-07 17:05:12

Well, as long as we don't speak a different language, I don't see a problem with joining this club! And yes, I do like the following things!

I hope Wade doesn't see this and locks it right away...

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-07 17:08:18

At 8/7/06 04:10 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Clubs like the Swedish Club are welcome to start over.

As you can see, there's nothing wrong with this club.

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-07 17:13:12

At 8/7/06 04:49 PM, Knudsen wrote: Lol not really. We have nothing against Switzerland, it's just that an alarmingly lagre amount of people keep mistaking Sweden for Switzerland - most of the time not knowing the difference between the two. Common phrases from passers by in the former club was "I like your cheese and chocolate" - which is sort of annoying =P

I get you. Same thign happens with the Scottish. They can get REALLY annoyed if you call them English.

So what exactly is Sweden like? I have to admit to a complete lack of knowledge on the country. All I really know about you is that you had a fairly hot Womens Ice Curling team in the winter olympics :-\

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-07 17:14:24

At 8/7/06 04:21 PM, Knudsen wrote: Hi everyone and welcome to round two of the Swedish People Club

Stop opening these,this is the third one ive seen opened by you,the other two locked.
im starting to think you arent paying attention

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-07 17:23:04

At 8/7/06 05:13 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: So what exactly is Sweden like? I have to admit to a complete lack of knowledge on the country. All I really know about you is that you had a fairly hot Womens Ice Curling team in the winter olympics :-\

I wanna know what Sweden is like as well. I remember seeing a movie called Boat Trip which I believe is a Comedy movie because it's freakin hilarious! Anyways, there were hot Swedish Girls in that movie and my friends were going nuts when they saw them. Go chck out the movie if you haven't seen it. It will make you laugh.

Stop opening these,this is the third one ive seen opened by you,the other two locked.

Looks like someone has been hiding under a rock!

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-07 17:59:51

I like Swedish fish can I join. I think have no ancestors from sweden but really I could have them in almost all white european countries.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-07 18:09:19

At 8/7/06 05:14 PM, -Shadow-Sniper- wrote: Stop opening these,this is the third one ive seen opened by you,the other two locked.

I'm starting to think you aren't paying attention. The other one was locked due to a new rule in which English is now the only language permitted on Newgrounds.

At 8/7/06 05:59 PM, iscrulz wrote: I like Swedish fish can I join.

This is the only reason l came here but seeing as how l was beaten to the punch, l will take my leave. I hope the club does better then the last one. Have a nice day.

NG Mafia

I've evolved.

digi-digi

BBS Signature

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-07 18:25:19

Well, looks like I have to join again. Nice to see we aren't giving up on the Swedish clubs though ;P

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-07 18:28:38

At 8/7/06 05:02 PM, Knudsen wrote:

You know what? I've never heard any of those names before XD

look em' up on www.metal-archives.com They're all swedish.

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-07 19:04:30

At 8/7/06 06:25 PM, JohanL wrote: Well, looks like I have to join again. Nice to see we aren't giving up on the Swedish clubs though ;P

Bah I refuse to give up! with over a hundred pages and god knows how many posts - it shouldn't have to die on us like that =(

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-08 07:51:08

Does this mean a have to create another memberlist?

Damn you, Patricia.

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-08 09:10:54

Well, I am not sure if I really like the fact that "Sweden-lovers" can join aswell. But whatever.

I'm in if I'm allowed to join...

The Swedish Club

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-08 09:29:02

I'm in!

Yay, now I don't have to learn Swedish to enjoy some hot steamy Ikea dicussion. Having said that, I have Swedish heritage (I'm half). My daddy lived there when he was a youngin before he moved here to Australia. I have a whole bunch of relatives over there whom I'd like to meet some day.

Also, I love Ikea. I want to furnish my house with stuff from Ikea. Dad says it's a bad idea. Also, I was a fan of the Ikea Swedish meatballs until I ate too many and threw my guts up. That was last year. I still can't look at meatballs.

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-08 09:30:58

At 8/7/06 04:49 PM, Knudsen wrote: Lol not really. We have nothing against Switzerland, it's just that an alarmingly lagre amount of people keep mistaking Sweden for Switzerland - most of the time not knowing the difference between the two. Common phrases from passers by in the former club was "I like your cheese and chocolate" - which is sort of annoying =P

Did you ever stop to consider how the Swiss feel when said passers by accost them and say 'You and your freaking flat packs which never come with the instructions in English!'

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-08 09:44:50

It would be nice to have a club with people in the same time zone....when we go to bed(for those of us who do =) ) the other people on NG just came home from schools or jobs. Im in if its okay.

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-08 09:46:38

At 8/8/06 09:30 AM, Coop83 wrote: Did you ever stop to consider how the Swiss feel when said passers by accost them and say 'You and your freaking flat packs which never come with the instructions in English!'

I believe they think they're speaking about their flat packed women.

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-08 10:51:10

At 8/8/06 09:10 AM, Andersson wrote: Well, I am not sure if I really like the fact that "Sweden-lovers" can join aswell. But whatever.

Well join might've been the wrong word for it... I think the actual club people should be the ones that were in the previous club, except that now we allow others to speak in here as well - since the official language is English anyways.

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-08 11:08:00

At 8/8/06 10:51 AM, Knudsen wrote: Well join might've been the wrong word for it... I think the actual club people should be the ones that were in the previous club, except that now we allow others to speak in here as well - since the official language is English anyways.

Yay! =D

Okay, that sounds good. I'm in then, I assume? ;-)

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-08 11:41:17

Sounds like the place for me!
hej

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-08 15:42:28

I'm about 70% scandinavian, so I'm in. I'm Norweigian(sp?), Finnish, and Swedish. Although I don't live there, I'd like to go there some day. =D

BBS Signature

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-09 07:38:41

At 8/8/06 03:42 PM, SadSock wrote: I'm about 70% scandinavian, so I'm in. I'm Norweigian(sp?), Finnish, and Swedish. Although I don't live there, I'd like to go there some day. =D

Can you speak any of their languages?

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-09 17:14:56

I just got home from my vacation and I was just like "WTF! They've locked the Swedish People Club!?" But then I understood :(

This club will never be the same when we're not allowed to speak swedish :'(

* slits wrist*

Doors. You'll know when they're appropriate.

dA

BBS Signature

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-10 00:47:03

At 8/9/06 05:14 PM, Palm_ wrote: This club will never be the same when we're not allowed to speak swedish :'(

I know. You should put it in your sig like me. They shall never forget.

So, when do you guys start school? I've heard almost everone will begin on the 17th, except for me. I'll begin on the 15th, with i nice 3-day camp with my new class :P

Response to The Swedish Club 2006-08-10 05:53:09

At 8/10/06 12:47 AM, Frostbreath wrote: So, when do you guys start school? I've heard almost everone will begin on the 17th, except for me. I'll begin on the 15th, with i nice 3-day camp with my new class :P

Really? Down here we start the 21st, I guess we're smart enough to realise that there's no point in starting the new school year on a Thursday =P