00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xo1029392 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Drawing w/ Paper Affect Flash?

734 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Drawing w/ Paper Affect Flash? 2006-08-07 09:54:43

Dammit, I hate it when people make posts saying "ie ca'nt drwa!!111eleven? plZ HLPE MEE;?", but this is actually an honest question.

I'm trying to improve my skills with artwork because I am definitely more of a coder than an artist. Anyway, I have a blank sketchbook from a while back and I was wondering if anybody thought that practicing drawing in the sketchbook with doodles and other things would develop my mind's eye enough that I would draw better in Flash?

Response to Drawing w/ Paper Affect Flash? 2006-08-07 10:08:14

Well, It would help your charecter ideas, I know that, not so sure about drawing in flash cause your useing a mouse, not a pencil.

Response to Drawing w/ Paper Affect Flash? 2006-08-07 10:13:29

Well, it'd help with the ideas for what you can draw and stoof, but if you got a tablet then it'd help a lot more.. if you want to get better at drawing with the mouse I suggest practising with paper then practising what you learned on flash and making them to the same skill. If that makes sense.

Response to Drawing w/ Paper Affect Flash? 2006-08-07 10:18:51

Thanks for the help. I'm going to get to practicing.

Response to Drawing w/ Paper Affect Flash? 2006-08-07 10:20:21

dont draw out of your head either. The best thing you can do is draw sculptures, people sitting around on the street, etc. to pick up a line.

Your artistic ability on paper comes first. alot of people will draw thier BG's etc. on paper and trace over it in flash simply because pencil and paper is a more effective means for line drawing. But I'm sure you knew that.

View my Deviantart

BBS Signature