00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rage11603 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Music Based Game Ideas?

821 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

New Music Based Game Ideas? 2006-08-05 18:11:07

Hey everyone. I am the creator of the game you may have already seen that is on front page of NG right now called streamline. If you havent seen it yet...then.....see it!

Anyways, i am making a sequel to that game with some very nice music by DJ Runaway (with his permission of course) and i was wondering if you guys (or gals, mostly guys) had any ideas on wat new weapons should be added in the sequel? Simple and clean is the way to go! I appreciate all suggestions b4 hand.

Response to New Music Based Game Ideas? 2006-08-05 18:19:10

what do you mean by weapons srry havnt played streamline like guns you mean?
well id get all the standards ya know
machine gun
rocket launcher
uzi
pistol
grenades

altho i dont see what weapons have to do with a music game...

OS: Ace, coming soon to Newgrounds. Keep an eye out for it.

BBS Signature

Response to New Music Based Game Ideas? 2006-08-05 18:20:51

At 8/5/06 06:19 PM, Elementrat wrote: what do you mean by weapons srry havnt played streamline like guns you mean?
well id get all the standards ya know
machine gun
rocket launcher
uzi
pistol
grenades

altho i dont see what weapons have to do with a music game...

5 lives and no checkpoints are a bit frustrating. I'd suggest adding an easy mode, checkpoints, or something to make the game more forgiving before you even start thinking about adding new weapons... but that's just my kickass opinion.

Response to New Music Based Game Ideas? 2006-08-05 18:30:00

At 8/5/06 06:20 PM, Skaijo wrote:
5 lives and no checkpoints are a bit frustrating. I'd suggest adding an easy mode, checkpoints, or something to make the game more forgiving before you even start thinking about adding new weapons... but that's just my kickass opinion.

Look...i already made an easy and hard mode, and the five lives stay. I would appreciate some new ideas for weapons (and if u dont know wat i mean PLZ check out my first game b4hand). This game will not be updated anymore, but u can still help with ideas for the second one.

Response to New Music Based Game Ideas? 2006-08-05 18:35:45

Maybe some lazers or something. mayber there would be a few thunder storm clouds above you and every few seconds they'd shoot lightning out. Just a suggestion.

Check out my newest News Post!

Anyone need an artist or coder for a game? Drop me a PM!

BBS Signature

Response to New Music Based Game Ideas? 2006-08-05 18:37:25

How bout a lightsaber, and it turns on and off with the beat, or swings around to the beat.

Whoa its me!

Response to New Music Based Game Ideas? 2006-08-05 18:59:00

Swords, And Bombs. Possibly, If You Can, Make It A 3D/2D Game. Like Glaiel Gamers Frogger, If Possible. Great Game By The Way

In Soviet Russia, n00b pwns j00!

lol owned

Hey guys. Remember this?

BBS Signature

Response to New Music Based Game Ideas? 2006-08-05 20:03:51

At 8/5/06 07:18 PM, Shirt_Turtle wrote: make something original you idiot.
These music based games are getting overused all of a sudden..

um...how? there are maybe 4 music based games that i know, this is including my own. how bout how much platformers are overused? or first person shooters? make a new genre altogether and then say its being overused.

Any more suggestions anyone?

Response to New Music Based Game Ideas? 2006-08-05 21:14:43

At 8/5/06 08:16 PM, Shirt_Turtle wrote:
At 8/5/06 08:03 PM, Coolio_Niato wrote:
At 8/5/06 07:18 PM, Shirt_Turtle wrote: make something original you idiot.
These music based games are getting overused all of a sudden..
um...how? there are maybe 4 music based games that i know, this is including my own. how bout how much platformers are overused? or first person shooters? make a new genre altogether and then say its being overused.

Any more suggestions anyone?
platformers are not overused because they are a good genre.
Music based games are not that great therefore to many in a short period of time
seem overused. Plus i have seen like 6 music based games just on the front page, and i know that therer are heaps more that didint do that great. You cant call platformers or first person shooters over used, because that like calling the whole flash genre over used. One more thing, music based games dont differ in its feel, they all seem the same, but platformers and stuff have endless different varieties.

wait, why am i even listening to this. you dont have a single award in your name and your batting average doesnt scream "im a pro and i know wat im talking bout". Music games can have all different varieties as well and you should respect that. "platforms are a good genre" wat? Music based games arent? Most music games get ratings of over 3.5 so i would say that yes, they are a good genre and a helluvalot of people enjoy them. so just coz u dont like music based games does not mean they're overused.

Response to New Music Based Game Ideas? 2006-08-05 21:18:55

I dont really see your point shirt turtle, platform games are plenty and dont get me wrong their good, but this isn't one of those normal music based games, its a good idea for a music based game. And heres another idea, when theres only like drum beats goin down or they're most noticable, you could have like a drum come up with the two drum sticks on each side and on every beat they switch going down so the note dodges that!

Whoa its me!

Response to New Music Based Game Ideas? 2006-08-05 22:03:45

I really dont have any ideas.....but i would love to help wit this ;P

go on MSN if you can, but im off right now....later

Response to New Music Based Game Ideas? 2006-08-05 22:20:03

maybe a big hammer for big bass beats

Response to New Music Based Game Ideas? 2006-08-06 04:29:18

I only just tried the game, is awesome, I couldn't stop laughing when I got squished.

You should have these different levels and you automitcally go to the next part when you beat a small part of the song, say you divide the levels into 6 (meaning tthere'd be 6 parts of the song), and you were on a cube, when you finished a part, the cube rolled over to another part with more challenging obstacles etc.

As for obstacles, You should have giant flails that swing around to a hi hat or something, and fireworks that come up to a tune.

That's all I can think of atm, great game :).

Response to New Music Based Game Ideas? 2006-08-06 13:28:18

I think my drum idea is pretty good. And the WFAA collab wasn't very good, I like massimo but he stole my idea from piece then made it his own and never acknowledged me. The mario gettin chased by a bull, yea that was me. But I wasn't in the collab thankfully.

Whoa its me!

Response to New Music Based Game Ideas? 2006-08-06 13:41:47

Add something simple like a laser, but make something strange with it, like after it shoots, the screen goes black for a bit. That will make even the easiest parts of the game hard.

BBS Signature

Response to New Music Based Game Ideas? 2006-08-07 09:09:56

I showed this game to a couple of friends and they suggested a few things.

This one we agreed would be too complicated: Being able to upload your own music and set everything to stream to it.

Other than that, we think you should add fireballs that come from one side of the screen, curve towards the player then go off the screen.

Response to New Music Based Game Ideas? 2006-08-07 09:20:22

Make it less laggy... I have a good comp. who runs ALot, but it lags like shit sometimes...