00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

spacedoodles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Showreel [comments Would Be Nice]

735 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Showreel [comments Would Be Nice] 2006-08-03 19:40:26

A few days ago I finished putting together my showreel that I'm trying to send off to land me a job somewhere in the creative sector. Had it refused by one recruitment agency that specifically deals with computer games already ("not looking for people with your skills or experience"...), and just wanted people's opinions of it.

Showreel - 4.5mb WMV. View it at 320 Resolution.

Not Flash Per Se, although I used it a lot for the content that it shows off.
Besides, this ends up being the creativity section of the BBS, and therefore seemed the most appropriate...

There are high res ones burned to CD sitting next to my CV ready for dispatch tommorow. Still, I can always burn some more off if anyone has any info on a Flash / Games Art job that's going somewhere.

And even if I don't get any leads, Comments would be nice

Was tempted to send one Transatlantic to The Behemoth, but thier site states they're not hiring at the moment. Shame.
Song's "New Born", by Muse

BBS Signature

Response to Showreel [comments Would Be Nice] 2006-08-03 20:53:29

awesome work... i appreciate how hard it is to make that stuff, i gave up...heh... good luck with the hunt, i'm afraid i have no suggestions for you with that, or the showreel for that matter, it looked fantastic to me

Giant Biscuits

Response to Showreel [comments Would Be Nice] 2006-08-03 20:58:51

awesome! this is the best 3d work ive seen. youre going to be a game designer or something...

Response to Showreel [comments Would Be Nice] 2006-08-04 05:38:44

At 8/3/06 08:53 PM, The_EXP wrote: awesome work... i appreciate how hard it is to make that stuff...
At 8/3/06 08:58 PM, intense_pictures wrote: awesome! this is the best 3d work ive seen. youre going to be a game designer or something...

That's the plan...
Thanks for the comments guys.

any more? My self-esteem's very, very low at the moment

BBS Signature

Response to Showreel [comments Would Be Nice] 2006-08-04 05:52:33

wow your fucking awsome.

i didnt realise how good you were at, stuff.

Response to Showreel [comments Would Be Nice] 2006-08-04 05:55:29

Generic ego-boosting comment!

Boost, boost, eg-eg-ego. Gogo ego!

Sorry, I don't want to buy into this ego-serving shit. I didn't even watch it. Chances are, if they don't want your stuff, then they've got other people doing the same thing, but better. Harsh but true.

Response to Showreel [comments Would Be Nice] 2006-08-05 17:26:12

Ego boosting comments are nice, but just comments about it would be welcome. Being told you didn't watch it because you don't "buy into it" is, not helping anyone...

That, and it reflects badly on the University that awarded me a 2:1 for this stuff...

Bumping because I'd like a few more comments on my work and ideas of what I should be doing with it.

BBS Signature