00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StemlyAnarchy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG declines

2,914 Views | 41 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NG declines 2006-08-02 20:34:27

Even in just the short month that I have been here, I have discovered two of my favorite NG audio artists to be theives...whether they have stolen composition (Dimrain47) or stolen the entire song (andrew_parker). It is quite depressing... And these two are not the only ones, either. Many NG artist have been discovered as frauds, and the numbers just keep climbing. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we discovered that ParagonX9 stole his music!! (though i highly doubt this)

It's just depressing to see such excellent artists uncovered as nothing but a little thief. I am going to kill myself if I discover another one!

BBS Signature

Response to NG declines 2006-08-02 21:05:53

At 8/2/06 09:02 PM, Chronamut wrote: paragon doesnt steal his music - trust me :P

Yeah, so dont get all emo over static.

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to NG declines 2006-08-02 21:13:19

At 8/2/06 08:34 PM, VWVSTATICVWV wrote: It's just depressing to see such excellent artists uncovered as nothing but a little thief. I am going to kill myself if I discover another one!

I see your points.
Though I'd love to scream "I stole all my music", to see the response.
I can't say I do. Well, the AudioPortal certainly is filled up with stolen material.
With Dimrain47 it wasn't really that bad, but with this Solus figure and Andrew Parker.
(if they DID steal the music)

Response to NG declines 2006-08-02 21:15:21

Hrmmm... I haven't checked out Solus yet... Don't know if I want to... :*(

BBS Signature

Response to NG declines 2006-08-02 21:18:58

But this Andrew Parker person... It just really doesnt make sense... I mean it is very obvious that some, if not most of his music, is original. After all, he has remixes of songs that are only on this site (PoE) and other such things... So maybe he only stole his latest one? But why?!? He has talent, so why did he have to go and steel a song?

BBS Signature

Response to NG declines 2006-08-02 21:27:16

At 8/2/06 09:14 PM, Chronamut wrote: I STEAL ALL MY MUSIC BECAUSE I MAKE REMIXES AND COVERS!!!

how was that? :P

what exactly did solus steal btw? Nothing really popped out at me from his stuff..

There's a thread concerning him, try the search bar or something.
I'm not completely sure which song it was as I just snapped it up some time.

Response to NG declines 2006-08-03 14:43:36

Andrew parker stole his music thats awesoume.
I like to see stars get turned into shit.

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to NG declines 2006-08-04 01:39:55

lol, yeah I guess I do too...

BBS Signature

Response to NG declines 2006-08-04 01:46:36

when did we find out andrew parker stole stuff??

Response to NG declines 2006-08-04 01:48:30

At 8/4/06 01:46 AM, Flashburn wrote: when did we find out andrew parker stole stuff??

I am interested as well. Can somebody direct us to a past thread that covers this in greater depth?

Response to NG declines 2006-08-04 01:48:42

I dunno a few days ago or something. It's his most recent piece. You know, the one with a bunch of reviews rated zero saying he stole his piece.

I really don't get it. I understand why some of the people who can't make music steal songs, but why would he?

BBS Signature

Response to NG declines 2006-08-04 01:50:47

At 8/4/06 01:48 AM, nightvision wrote:
At 8/4/06 01:46 AM, Flashburn wrote: when did we find out andrew parker stole stuff??
I am interested as well. Can somebody direct us to a past thread that covers this in greater depth?

Argh fine!

:)

...yea I don't think there is a thread. But it seems pretty convincing that he stole the song.

BBS Signature

Response to NG declines 2006-08-04 01:51:22

At 8/4/06 01:48 AM, DavidOrr wrote: I dunno a few days ago or something. It's his most recent piece. You know, the one with a bunch of reviews rated zero saying he stole his piece.

I really don't get it. I understand why some of the people who can't make music steal songs, but why would he?

Exactly. Doesn't it seem backwards, David?

Response to NG declines 2006-08-04 02:41:28

i don't steal, but then of course nobody listens to my songs, so whatever...

\" \ " / "/ - Myspace

\" \ " / "/ - Xenovora - my best song yet

\" \ " / "/ - my website

BBS Signature

Response to NG declines 2006-08-04 02:50:36

At 8/4/06 01:51 AM, nightvision wrote:
At 8/4/06 01:48 AM, DavidOrr wrote: I dunno a few days ago or something. It's his most recent piece. You know, the one with a bunch of reviews rated zero saying he stole his piece.

Exactly. Doesn't it seem backwards, David?

Well if you're suggesting that he was the one stolen from, I highly doubt it. He was accused the day after he posted the song (which wouldn't have given VTZ much time to find the track and post it as his own). Also, Andrew seems to respond regularly to his reviews, and he hasn't addressed any of the accusations.

The guy he stole from also seems to be pretty accomplished, so I'm guessing the stealing was on Andrew's part, not the other way around. I'd be interested in seeing what he has to say about it, maybe it was a big mistake of some sort.

I'd love to believe he didn't steal, but it just doesn't

BBS Signature

Response to NG declines 2006-08-04 03:08:54

It's not been in decline... Only recently have users known about this community to alert stolen audios.

Many options can change this, like:
More audio mods
Better flagging system

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to NG declines 2006-08-05 19:41:38

At any rate, he doesn't seem to have been on for a while now... Because I sent him a PM and he hasn't responded yet, though he always responded before the incident. I wish I could get his say in on this, though.

BBS Signature

Response to NG declines 2006-08-05 19:49:13

He's probably upset cuz his name is getting dragged through the mud.

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to NG declines 2006-08-05 20:05:21

At 8/2/06 08:34 PM, VWVSTATICVWV wrote: Even in just the short month that I have been here, I have discovered two of my favorite NG audio artists to be theives...whether they have stolen composition (Dimrain47) or stolen the entire song (andrew_parker). It is quite depressing... And these two are not the only ones, either. Many NG artist have been discovered as frauds, and the numbers just keep climbing. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we discovered that ParagonX9 stole his music!! (though i highly doubt this)

It's just depressing to see such excellent artists uncovered as nothing but a little thief. I am going to kill myself if I discover another one!

Do remixes count as stealing? I like to take old video game music and making it into my own style.

People will always steal, and that will never change. Many things in the Flash portal are still stolen, and people will never know. Someone can be the greatest artist alive, then after someone finds out they stole one thing it ends up they stole all of their songs. Thievery is addicting if you can get away with it.

It will get better in time as the audio portal improves. With a flagging, and voting system similar to the Flash portal's I'm sure most thievery will not pass.

As Tom Fulp said in his newest news post: "Small steps...".

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to NG declines 2006-08-05 20:06:53

At 8/5/06 08:05 PM, dave wrote:
Do remixes count as stealing? I like to take old video game music and making it into my own style.

If you see the whole Video-Game Section of the AP, it's mostly remixes.
If it were count as stealing, another thousand or two songs would be banned.
I doubt it is under these circumstances and rules considered theft.

Response to NG declines 2006-08-07 03:31:46

At 8/3/06 02:43 PM, Syntrus wrote: Andrew parker stole his music thats awesoume.

No he fucking did not.

NEED BEATS??? I GOT EM ELSEWHERE

I sell beats here Matt Mattik

BBS Signature

Response to NG declines 2006-08-07 05:17:34

At 8/7/06 03:31 AM, -Paranoid- wrote:
At 8/3/06 02:43 PM, Syntrus wrote: Andrew parker stole his music thats awesoume.
No he fucking did not.

Elaborate. The word 'fucking' alone isn't going to back up anything.

Response to NG declines 2006-08-07 06:12:07

Dimrain is a fucktrad anyway. All of his shit has no build-up and are far too short too actually enjoy. He'll never make it as a pro artist.

"It isn't that democrats are ignorant. Far from it. it's just that they know so much that just isn't so"

Ronald Reagan

Proud supporter of the Dinosaur Conspiracy Theory

BBS Signature

Response to NG declines 2006-08-07 06:35:06

At 8/7/06 06:12 AM, SaiNT_SiLEiGHtY wrote: Dimrain is a fucktrad anyway. All of his shit has no build-up and are far too short too actually enjoy. He'll never make it as a pro artist.

says you...mr.no songs

Response to NG declines 2006-08-07 09:15:49

At 8/7/06 06:35 AM, Love_Hate_War wrote:
At 8/7/06 06:12 AM, SaiNT_SiLEiGHtY wrote: Dimrain is a fucktrad anyway. All of his shit has no build-up and are far too short too actually enjoy. He'll never make it as a pro artist.
says you...mr.no songs

Oh yeah.,..well...

Flash by Love_Hate_War
-none-

PWNT

oh wait

Flash by Saint_Sileighty
-none-

dammit, i can't win :'*

"It isn't that democrats are ignorant. Far from it. it's just that they know so much that just isn't so"

Ronald Reagan

Proud supporter of the Dinosaur Conspiracy Theory

BBS Signature

Response to NG declines 2006-08-07 11:33:16

lol, yeah well I win because I have the most!

VWVSTATICVWV FLASH - 0

VWVSTATICVWV AUDIO - 0

YES!! I am the master of NG lol...

BBS Signature

Response to NG declines 2006-08-07 11:37:38

Oh, but don't worry. As soon as I have time, I am going to make some sexy-ass art for my sig. And then I will create audio worthy of the gods!! Flash? Maybe...

BBS Signature

Response to NG declines 2006-08-07 11:41:07

go to clubs and crews and ask the ng sig makers to make you one, theyre a good lot in there.

Response to NG declines 2006-08-07 11:53:56

At 8/5/06 07:49 PM, Syntrus wrote: He's probably upset cuz his name is getting dragged through the mud.

lol thats forrreal, im going to look at his stuff!!!

Response to NG declines 2006-08-07 15:11:19

At 8/7/06 11:37 AM, VWVSTATICVWV wrote: Oh, but don't worry. As soon as I have time, I am going to make some sexy-ass art for my sig. And then I will create audio worthy of the gods!! Flash? Maybe...

Introduce yourself, damn it.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature