Be a Supporter!

Attn Family Guy: Stoppit

  • 3,012 Views
  • 150 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Cuppa-LettuceNog
Cuppa-LettuceNog
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 08:00 AM Reply

At 7/28/06 07:31 AM, HoboPorn wrote:
How does me reffering to this topic make me a moron? The fact I didn't see the sarcasm right away? woopdy frggin doo.

Once again: I tell you, quite specifically, I am reffering to "You Know What's Totally Awesome". Then, quoting me saying that, you say you can only find 3 people who agreed with me in "that thread". When I prove this wrong, you claimed to have been talking about THIS thread the entire time. Either you are a liar or a Moron.


Hahahahahaha, LiveCorpse is dead. Good Riddance.

Cuppa-LettuceNog
Cuppa-LettuceNog
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 08:03 AM Reply

At 7/28/06 07:34 AM, -poxpower- wrote:
Seriously. Get off the "Family Guy sucks" bandwagon, its fucking pathetic.

I said all this in 2003/4 in the origional "You Know Whats Totally Awesome" thead way back on my old account. So neener neener.

No one gives a shit about the plot, we just watch it for the flashbacks. Do I care if Peter has an argument with a fucking dog?

Fuck that shit, I want to see Megatron do something out of character like play bowling in a friday night league with Voltron and Mazinger Z.

The way I see it, if I want random jokes with no coherent story (which I overwhelmingly do) I will watch Robot Chicken, where said jokes are funnier, and the show doesn't wast time advancing the useless story we both agree is not funny.


Hahahahahaha, LiveCorpse is dead. Good Riddance.

WickerBasketofDoom
WickerBasketofDoom
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 08:07 AM Reply

*arent

poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 08:36 AM Reply

At 7/28/06 08:03 AM, Lettuceclock wrote:
I said all this in 2003/4 in the origional "You Know Whats Totally Awesome" thead way back on my old account. So neener neener.

SHAZBOT!

The way I see it, if I want random jokes with no coherent story (which I overwhelmingly do) I will watch Robot Chicken, where said jokes are funnier, and the show doesn't wast time advancing the useless story we both agree is not funny.

From what I saw of Robot Chicken, its not that funny at all.
Seems like just another show started by some dudes in their late 20s trying to cater to a young "hip" audience of teens.

But shit there was that clip on Conan O'Brian before the show started, where it was "the most unfair fights", that was awesome. I don't remember it to well but it really made me want to watch the show.
And when I did I was sorta dissapointed.

Family offers a little support for the jokes.
What's funnier?
A random guy walking into a bar and fighting over cocktail weiners with Dolly Parton
or
A guy with a history ( Peter, Brian, Stewie, whatever ) doing it.

Despite what everyone says, the little support the cast of characters bring to the show helps make the jokes better.

The famous chicken fight scene was funny BECAUSE it was extremely long and in the middle of a show.
It wouldn't be funny if it was just a string of random clips. If "random" isn't funny, as you claim, then it would definately be much less funny than family guy.

Way I see it:

Family Guy = Referencial humor
South Park = We hate everything/everyone humor
Simpsons = Sarcasm/ Irony / "social comment" humor

They're all funny in their way, but there's no denying that writing Family Guy is MUCH MUCH easier.


BBS Signature
Khuskan
Khuskan
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 08:50 AM Reply

Sounds to me like somebody just watched that episode of South Park about family guy.

Lol, opinionwhore.

Cuppa-LettuceNog
Cuppa-LettuceNog
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 08:54 AM Reply

At 7/28/06 08:36 AM, -poxpower- wrote:
SHAZBOT!

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, WONNA ROCK AND ROLL, ALL NIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHT, ANDPARTYEVERYDAY! COMMON, EVERYBODY SING ALONG!

From what I saw of Robot Chicken, its not that funny at all.

Really? I love it. W/e, replace robot chicken with some other funny thing thats just random jokes. Shit, anything Mitch Hedberg in it.

Seems like just another show started by some dudes in their late 20s trying to cater to a young "hip" audience of teens.

Really? Seems to random and with too many refferences that are meant for adult to fit that bill, IMO

But shit there was that clip on Conan O'Brian before the show started, where it was "the most unfair fights", that was awesome. I don't remember it to well but it really made me want to watch the show.
And when I did I was sorta dissapointed.

Did you tune in lately? I havn't tuned in lately, maybe it is teh suck. But yeah, theres been a lot of better ones then Most Unfair fights, but that was a great one.

Family offers a little support for the jokes.
What's funnier?
A random guy walking into a bar and fighting over cocktail weiners with Dolly Parton
or
A guy with a history ( Peter, Brian, Stewie, whatever ) doing it.

When the first takes 30 seconds, and the second takes 30 seconds but is preceded by 10 minutes of pointless storyline advancement.

Despite what everyone says, the little support the cast of characters bring to the show helps make the jokes better.

I say make it all about the episode story line, like Seth does in American Dad, or don't have a storyline episode at all, like Robot Chicken.

The famous chicken fight scene was funny BECAUSE it was extremely long and in the middle of a show.

Yes, I agree. But that's the KEY: the fact that it has nothing to do with the story actually makes it FUNNIER. That's not how it is when you see something like
"Lewis: Blah blah blah, story development about fued between you and my daddy
Peter: blah blah blah I'm fat as all hell
Dog: Blah blah blah, random mention of some obscure 12th century writer who only published 1 book which only sold 30 copies
Peter: HOLY SHIT, THIS REMINDS ME OF THE TIME I BUTTFUCKED ELION GUNZALLES!
*60 second flashback of Peter mollesting Elion*
Peter: HOLY SHIT! BET YOU DIDN'T EXPECT THAT! WE WHERE TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT, THEN BAM, THIS!"

They're all funny in their way, but there's no denying that writing Family Guy is MUCH MUCH easier.

And shittier. It's a shame too: the real early family guys, who used to use Flashbacks and Refferenced to relative things, where quite funny.


Hahahahahaha, LiveCorpse is dead. Good Riddance.

poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 08:55 AM Reply

At 7/28/06 08:39 AM, Dark6 wrote:
Generally if someone is stating this > that entirely, they just want more attention.

Hey, if you're going to rant, YOU BETTER RANT TO THE MAX.

Like, duh, opinions and compromise and blahblah pussy shit like that.

But when it comes down to it, you have to be 100% right and everyone else 100% wrong. That's the way of the viking.


BBS Signature
Cuppa-LettuceNog
Cuppa-LettuceNog
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 08:55 AM Reply

At 7/28/06 08:50 AM, Khuskan wrote: Sounds to me like somebody just watched that episode of South Park about family guy.

Lol, opinionwhore.

Lol, Ipostedsomethingexactlylikethis3yearsago.


Hahahahahaha, LiveCorpse is dead. Good Riddance.

TacticalShoe
TacticalShoe
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 08:56 AM Reply

you know, i wonder at times why people like you arent in school.
you really should be


I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.
Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature
Cuppa-LettuceNog
Cuppa-LettuceNog
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 08:57 AM Reply

At 7/28/06 08:55 AM, -poxpower- wrote:
But when it comes down to it, you have to be 100% right and everyone else 100% wrong. That's the way of the viking.

Ironically, I am the same religion as the Viking, and it's our religion that gave them all their Viking attitudes.

Jigglet.


Hahahahahaha, LiveCorpse is dead. Good Riddance.

LtColonelArcher
LtColonelArcher
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 09:03 AM Reply

It's still OKAY. But Fox REALLY needs to just let it die, along with the Simpsons.

Family guy was funny but you're right. All it is now is a *Peter walks through a door* Petere: "Hey that reminds me of the time I went to Canada!" *Stupid, half funny flashback thing* Brain: Well what about the time you went to Mexico? *another half funny flashback*

Either that or they are doing some 5 minute long run on joke that's just not funny at all.

Rextex
Rextex
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 09:12 AM Reply

Oh, Ok then...

I'll stop watching it.

But only for you, sweetie.


"That's what the internet is all about. You have to feel like a retard before you can learn to not be a retard." -- Squidbit

BBS Signature
The-Real-Hellvis
The-Real-Hellvis
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 09:14 AM Reply

At 7/28/06 08:54 AM, Lettuceclock wrote:
At 7/28/06 08:36 AM, -poxpower- wrote:
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, WONNA ROCK AND ROLL, ALL NIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHT, ANDPARTYEVERYDAY! COMMON, EVERYBODY SING ALONG!

YEEEAH!!!

Attn Family Guy: Stoppit

Walt-Douchebag
Walt-Douchebag
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 09:44 AM Reply

Everyone here likes family guy.

If you don't like it go jump off a cliff because we do?

k?

Attn Family Guy: Stoppit

WickerBasketofDoom
WickerBasketofDoom
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 10:43 AM Reply

At 7/28/06 08:07 AM, WickerBasketofDoom wrote: *arent

Excuse me, but I do believe that I've won this thread.

superlunk
superlunk
  • Member since: Jan. 23, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 10:44 AM Reply

Why don't you go to the Adult Swim forums?

RyanKajito
RyanKajito
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 10:47 AM Reply

Famliy Guy's the best.

There jokes are hilarious, I don't know what you're talking about.


Signature

BBS Signature
SardonicSamurai
SardonicSamurai
  • Member since: Sep. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 18
Animator
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 10:48 AM Reply

At 7/28/06 04:54 AM, Lettuceclock wrote:
At 7/28/06 04:53 AM, Der_Pandar wrote: Aw, did you not get the Disraeli joke?
I havn't seen the past couple of episodes since I've pretty much completely stopped watching tv other then Buffy the Vampire Slayer =/

But I'm sure the joke sucked.

You watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 'Nuff said.

Well, a little more could be good. That show is fuckin' stupid. The only thing good about it is the chicks, and you can go out and get porno rather then watch that shit.


BBS Signature
<deleted>
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 11:01 AM Reply

FUCK YOU.... FAMILY GUY ROCKS.... ILL SEE YOU IN HELL

jwags1
jwags1
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 11:09 AM Reply

uhh... South Park already made this point, take your own advice, be original and think of something else that nobody has already wasted their time demeaning.


Buya

BBS Signature
Markface
Markface
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Animator
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 11:13 AM Reply

Ok, your constant bitching about the show has completely changed my views on the show. I will hate it forever and curse frequently when hear it mentioned.

Not really, your rant has done shit.


[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature
EternitySpent
EternitySpent
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Melancholy
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 11:13 AM Reply

I think Family Guy burnt out, while the Simpons faded away.

After so many seasons of hillarious Simpsons, it started to go on the decline and gradually became less and less entertaining, until it got to the point now where I don't think anyone even bothers watching the new ones anymore.

The difference with Family Guy is, it started off funny and fresh then all of a sudden almost overnight, their stick war off and it just ceased to be funny. Family Guy seems to have cursed itself by being too random for its own good. It was in escense so random, that it had become predictable.

Also the obscure references are a real turn off, because if you dont get the reference the joke falls flat on its back. I mean I usually get them, because their not that incredibly witty and I'm a little bit of a general trvia whore, but the ones I dont get, just fail completerely.

I remember talking to my friend on the phone while watching the episode where Margot Kidder jumps through the window, I half laughed (because even though I got it, it wasn't incredibly funny) and he was like, wait, why is that funny, its just some stupid bitch jumping through the window. So I had to explain to him Kidders loopy background and it was around that time when I started to see that Family Guy was not as great as I had originaly percieved, flash backs can only be done so many times.

Family Guy is no longer any more worth watching than say "Little Man", obsurd scenarios accompanied with half assed jokes, that simply put aren't funny anymore.

oh yeah and ATTENTION FAGGOTS: OPINIONS ARE NOT FACTS AND THEREFORE CANNOT BE WRONG.


A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature
strumpy
strumpy
  • Member since: May. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 11:13 AM Reply

At 7/28/06 05:50 AM, -dELta- wrote:
At 7/28/06 05:48 AM, JesseRay wrote: The random five minute punch ups with people in chicken suits
i loved those :D

first time it was funny. They pushed it the second time.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I support family guy. Maybe Im just immature.
Yes LettuceClock, Brian is not funny. Yes they go over the edge on how Stewie hates Lois. Yes they are running out of plot ideas, and they should just quit right now. But you're telling me that you haven't even chuckled at a couple of the episodes? I mean, at least a couple are funny.
Yes family guy can go over the edge. I change the channel when stewie talks about Brians "Book". I just don't find that funny

Frenzy
Frenzy
  • Member since: Nov. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 11:37 AM Reply

Well, The Simpsons is better than Family Guy, but Family Guy can be funny sometimes.

Fire
Fire
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 11:41 AM Reply

At 7/28/06 04:52 AM, Lettuceclock wrote: rant

Why dont you try to make a funnier TV show, you 80-year-old prick.

Cuppa-LettuceNog
Cuppa-LettuceNog
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 12:28 PM Reply

At 7/28/06 11:41 AM, -Fire- wrote:
Why dont you try to make a funnier TV show, you 80-year-old prick.

Because that wouldn't make Family Guy any funnier.


Hahahahahaha, LiveCorpse is dead. Good Riddance.

Cuppa-LettuceNog
Cuppa-LettuceNog
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 12:31 PM Reply

At 7/28/06 11:13 AM, -CyberPunk- wrote:
OPINIONS ARE NOT FACTS AND THEREFORE CANNOT BE WRONG.

THANK YOU. Finally someone with some brains. You are completely right, man.

Of course, my oppinions can be (and are) RIGHT.


Hahahahahaha, LiveCorpse is dead. Good Riddance.

GreenCard
GreenCard
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 12:32 PM Reply

At 7/28/06 04:56 AM, DestroyerOfMan wrote: Cleveland is funny.

He's easily the best of all of them.

O peter that tickles me in a way that if loretta tickled me in that way i'd say,mm yea thats nice.

LOL


ERROR - you must enter at least one search term longer than characters.

BBS Signature
manwith10toes
manwith10toes
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 12:34 PM Reply

back in the day family guy was great
"peter im scared!" "GOOD, EMBRACE THE FEAR!, dance with me louis! dance the dance of life!"
CRASH!


Watch my fucking youtube poops

poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Attn Family Guy: Stoppit Jul. 28th, 2006 @ 12:45 PM Reply

At 7/28/06 08:54 AM, Lettuceclock wrote:
Really? I love it. W/e, replace robot chicken with some other funny thing thats just random jokes. Shit, anything Mitch Hedberg in it.

There is none.
Because it was tried in the past and pretty much failed.
:/

Really? Seems to random and with too many refferences that are meant for adult to fit that bill, IMO

Family Guy too. South Park too. Simpsons to. But who watches those shows? Mostly teenagers.

When the first takes 30 seconds, and the second takes 30 seconds but is preceded by 10 minutes of pointless storyline advancement.

The story isn't always pointless.
For instance the episode(s) where Peter meets with Death. That was cool.

American Dad

American Dad sucks. Its like a much much worse Simpsons that tries to be funny with random characters.
Family Guy is like the Simpsons, except they sacrifice the storyline to use more referencing.

Yes, I agree. But that's the KEY: the fact that it has nothing to do with the story actually makes it FUNNIER. That's not how it is when you see something like

Well you can't have one without the other.
If you say "I will make a show that is a string of purely random things" then people will "expect" just those things.
The reasons more and more people are getting pissed at family guy is exactly that: they now know when to expect all the "remember when" dealies.

Its really hard to say which is funnier or not considering the show has run for such a long time. Are people just getting tired of it? Did people forget the first episodes and think they're better?

Does anyone care?


BBS Signature