00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Should I Get Ew/ql Silver?

787 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Should I Get Ew/ql Silver? 2006-07-26 20:43:20

Or should I save up for a better version....?
Like what's the difference, is there a huge leap in quality or what...?

Response to Should I Get Ew/ql Silver? 2006-07-26 20:47:59

silver is 2 gigs, gold is 14.

that help?

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Should I Get Ew/ql Silver? 2006-07-26 20:48:49

Sort of...
I mean I really want to know if theres a huge difference in quality betweem the two, because if theres not a huge gap, then I don't see why I should save up to get gold when I can get Platinum.

Response to Should I Get Ew/ql Silver? 2006-07-26 20:48:53

At 7/26/06 08:43 PM, Klace wrote: Or should I save up for a better version....?

You already know that there are better versions being pumped out. But I don't recommend wasting money each time. It's a matter of how comfortable you are with the version you're using.

Like what's the difference, is there a huge leap in quality or what...?

With most updates, the quality changes little, like you have to nearly strain your ears each time you upgrade and that's a hassle enough. But if you have to, then go for it, the only thing that is stopping you is the pocketbook expense.

Die...

Response to Should I Get Ew/ql Silver? 2006-07-26 20:49:10

If you can save the money, go for gold. Gold has the release trails and chromatic sampling, not stretch sampling. Go to www.scitscat.com for cheap pricing on both EWQLSO Silver and Gold.

BBS Signature

Response to Should I Get Ew/ql Silver? 2006-07-26 20:51:08

Thanks David.
I think I will get Silver, then with the money I make from making original music, however long that will take, Then I will get Gold, I mean it coudl take me a year to save up enough for Gold, but using silver could speed up the process, what do you use David?

Response to Should I Get Ew/ql Silver? 2006-07-26 20:57:28

I had the same dilemma (Silver and Silver Pro vs Gold), and after hearing samples and feedback from others, I made my decision.

Gold will be in my hands by this Saturday :).

Although it may be tempting to buy the Silver version, the fact is Gold is much better. I haven't met a single person who was disappointed with Gold. If you listen to the demos on the soundsonline.com website, you should be able to hear a clear difference.

If you've ever seen the tv series Stargate SG-1 or Stargate Atlantis, the composer uses Platinum (which is just a 3 mic, 24 bit version of gold). Since you're going to be dithering to 16 bit anyway (I would assume), there isn't too much difference. Gold is a professional sample set, whereas Silver is semi-pro in my book.

BBS Signature

Response to Should I Get Ew/ql Silver? 2006-07-26 21:00:10

Hmm.....
That site you showed me does have really low prices....
I'm listening to samples of both right now, And they are alot better than what I have now, Silver and Gold, I'll decide, soon, It's not like I'm going to be making proffessional music right away, I've only been composing for a few years now....

Response to Should I Get Ew/ql Silver? 2006-07-26 21:06:19

I know Sean Beeson (works for East West, some of the demos for Platinum on the site are his), and he told me scitscat.com was the cheapest place to get them.

If you check ebay, most of the EWQL listings are from ScitScat.com, and a few of the ebay listings are slightly cheaper (I got gold for $380 vs $400, i.e).

I'm not saying that Silver is a bad choice (I personally prefer it over GPO, especially when comparing sound straight out of the box), but Gold sounds significantly better. Whichever one you choose is a significant improvement over what you have now, so you just have to decide if you want to shell out a little more to get better sounds.

BBS Signature