XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 3rd, 2011 @ 05:27 AM Reply

At 10/1/11 07:18 AM, adsubzero wrote:
At 7/4/11 03:34 PM, Envy wrote: Regardless of whether or not they're "originals" they're still breaking the rules, especially the satisfaction one.
And I'll say that Satisfaction is especially NOT breaking the rules.
I made the melody myself, and the vocals are not from the original song (they were recreated by someone, cannot remember where I got it, but the guy assured me he made the vocals himself).
I'm quite sure that is not against to rules to post a remake here.

Taking this battle to the forums huh? -________________- alright...
...In defense of my claim, I ask you Dj Dela...

You claim to have talked to the creator of "Satisfaction [acapella]" in your response below... That means your claiming to have gotten permission from Benassi himself... because the acapella version is also created by Benni Benassi; If you believed some troll on the internet, that told you he wrote this, you're a sucker -.-;;;

"(they were recreated by someone, cannot remember where I got it, but the guy assured me he made the vocals himself)." <<< This is not a very convincing story... and even if you got the vocals from someone else, you CANNOT claim them... acapella or not -.-

(This picture is of Dj Dela's response to a comment on the submission in question)

Audio Portal Cleanup

XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 3rd, 2011 @ 05:31 AM Reply

ps...

Sure it's okay to remix vocal samples from professional songs, but save them for youtube; Newgrounds Audio Portal Guidelines are veryyyyyy clear... but it's better to read them, rather than just guess what they say -_-;

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 3rd, 2011 @ 05:55 AM Reply

adsubzero

I'm going to advise you to rather remove the song, or remove the vocals from your Satisfaction remix. Regardless of if the vocals were actually recreated or not, if you cannot credit the person that recreated them, you are in breach of the Creative Commons license.

So, recreated or not, you are breaking the rules by failing to credit the person you claim has recreated them. And in such, you will be expected to face the consequences (I.E. a ban [Which is permanent BTW]).

Your options are to remove the song entirely, reupload it without the vocals, or find, and properly credit the person that recreated the vocals.

And I strongly suggest you do the same with any other songs with which you have controversy over the vocal parts.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
DJDela
DJDela
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 3rd, 2011 @ 11:08 AM Reply

At 10/3/11 05:55 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: adsubzero

I'm going to advise you to rather remove the song, or remove the vocals from your Satisfaction remix. Regardless of if the vocals were actually recreated or not, if you cannot credit the person that recreated them, you are in breach of the Creative Commons license.

So, recreated or not, you are breaking the rules by failing to credit the person you claim has recreated them. And in such, you will be expected to face the consequences (I.E. a ban [Which is permanent BTW]).

Your options are to remove the song entirely, reupload it without the vocals, or find, and properly credit the person that recreated the vocals.

And I strongly suggest you do the same with any other songs with which you have controversy over the vocal parts.

Ok I will remove the vocals from there too, I just didn't know the rules were so strict here.
Shouldn't it be enought that I just said it isn't sampled, but created by someone else?

@XsakuX

Please tell me, what difference does it make for me if I uploaded the Satisfaction with or without the acapella? Why the hell would I lie about that? It's not like I would get more views or better popularity.

I will remove the vocals, and you really didn't have to come to another argument here.
I'm sorry I mentioned you in the previous post, I was just trying to clear my name.

I do these remakes when I want to have a little break from making my own music, but seems to me that it's just a waste of time.

As for that comment, I already told you that I didn't quite understand the rules at first, which isn't the reason to acuse me of stealing.
I told that guy it was ok in general (when posting on youtube -.-) because he didn't ask me if it was ok to post here, but if it was ok to make it.

Sorry I caused this mess. :/

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 3rd, 2011 @ 01:25 PM Reply

There's a difference between remixing and remaking... What you're doing is remaking... You seem to be doing it in a lot of your songs. Even if you play Moonlight Sonata on your own piano, you're still playing Moonlight Sonata...

I'm talking about your Faxing Berlin "Remix" as well as various other remixes you've made... I'm just saying you're going to get yourself into trouble somewhere down the line if you still consider them your own works.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

DJDela
DJDela
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 3rd, 2011 @ 01:48 PM Reply

At 10/3/11 01:25 PM, Envy wrote: There's a difference between remixing and remaking... What you're doing is remaking... You seem to be doing it in a lot of your songs. Even if you play Moonlight Sonata on your own piano, you're still playing Moonlight Sonata...

I'm talking about your Faxing Berlin "Remix" as well as various other remixes you've made... I'm just saying you're going to get yourself into trouble somewhere down the line if you still consider them your own works.

A moderator clearly said that remakes are allowed (including piano covers) as long as I didn't sample anything.
The problem here were the vocals...

XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 7th, 2011 @ 04:59 AM Reply

Like i've said before bro...
Stick with originals, and save the remixes for youtube (Unless they are for a beatport remix competition or something like that).

I honestly hope there are no hard feelings man, I just wanted to help clear this up.

Avizura
Avizura
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 8th, 2011 @ 04:41 AM Reply

• D RUM
    D RUM by thehoopz

Click to listen.

Score
    0.37 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Drum N Bass
    Popularity

Fl l.l i '/. l.l l' Fl

Avizura
Avizura
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 8th, 2011 @ 04:43 AM Reply

okay that wasn't a stolen track.

Dammit, I should read the freakin rules of this topic.

Fl l.l i '/. l.l l' Fl

TLUL
TLUL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 04:23 AM Reply

I finally have my proof.

Almese by Rumberos de Hoy (third song in collection). Also in this Youtube video if the iTunes link is unavailable.

Directly stolen here: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 13521

Oh, it feels good knowing I never made a false accusation.

For reference, the conversation takes place across pages 27-28, if anyone's interested.

At 6/24/11 02:31 AM, TLUL wrote:
At 6/24/11 02:13 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 6/24/11 01:57 AM, TLUL wrote: This was in the weekly top 5 a while back, surprising that nobody caught it.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 13521
I can't find the /original/ source, but I can find a Youtube video containing it that was posted a year before hamstercake claims to have made the song. Here's the Youtube video (slightly NSFW) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os313Hcvy 8o
An audio mod being accused of theft... Interesting. Just saying... but just because it was uploaded here a year later does not mean he didn't make it a while back. And there is no concrete proof in that video to say that HCake wasn't the author.

You're best off only accusing people of theft when you can prove without a doubt that they are stealing something. If you don't know who the original author is, there is no reason to point fingers until you do.
From the description:

"Immediately after submitting "Heavenly Inc." i felt i wanted to do another. This time i wanted to give it a little more edge. So i gave the beat a little more room ;)"

For reference, Heavenly Inc was uploaded on 9 April 2011.

Although I did consider the possibility he produced the audio well before uploading it here, especially given that he seemed to be a well-respected member of the site (I even tried to check the date on the video using a web archiver), his description implies fairly strongly that he created, or at the very least finished this track after the submission of his last one - which was only 5 days prior, not the 1 year earlier that the video was posted.

My apologies if this was a false accusation, but the suggestion that it was finalised within the week before being uploaded seemed very suspicious to me given that I had found a year-old copy that, as far as I can tell, is completely identical.

That said, I understand that without proof of the original author, it's difficult to point fingers at anyone else. I just thought that what I found should be out there.
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 04:50 AM Reply

At 10/9/11 04:23 AM, TLUL wrote: I finally have my proof.

Too little too late I'm afraid, HCake was demodded shortly after the accusation was first made, and he completely vanished without a word to anyone (At least that we know of).

Kudos on the find though.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 04:59 AM Reply

Almese by Rumberos de Hoy (third song in collection). Also in this Youtube video if the iTunes link is unavailable.

Directly stolen here: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 13521

Oh, it feels good knowing I never made a false accusation.

For reference, the conversation takes place across pages 27-28, if anyone's interested.

I was already quite sure that he was a thief after he vanished without a word, but this confirmed it all.

I don't know if his other tracks are stolen (and somehow I find it hard to believe because he even scored a flash animation and the music was lined up purposefully with the flash, so that couldn't have been stolen), although there's certainly enough proof to get Sky High deleted, at least.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 09:21 AM Reply

At 10/9/11 04:23 AM, TLUL wrote: Almese by Rumberos de Hoy (third song in collection). Also in this Youtube video if the iTunes link is unavailable.

I quite like that track. So thank you for posting: it's nice to know (and now be able to support) the original artist.

TLUL
TLUL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 11th, 2011 @ 03:49 AM Reply

At 10/9/11 09:21 AM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 10/9/11 04:23 AM, TLUL wrote: Almese by Rumberos de Hoy (third song in collection). Also in this Youtube video if the iTunes link is unavailable.
I quite like that track. So thank you for posting: it's nice to know (and now be able to support) the original artist.

As do I, actually. Though I also liked Heavenly Inc.; perhaps someday I'll find out if that was also stolen, and if so, from where. But that's a whole other issue.

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 11th, 2011 @ 09:11 AM Reply

This guy has been exporting the demo songs from FL Studio and uploading them to the Portal. So far, one of Blake's demo songs and the "Iridium- Hanging On remix" are all I've noticed.

• Iridium - Hanging On (remix)
    Iridium - Hanging On (remix) by JervyHouMusic

Click to listen.

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Trance
    Popularity

http://jervyhoumusic.newgrounds.com/

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 11th, 2011 @ 03:50 PM Reply

At 10/9/11 04:50 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
Too little too late I'm afraid, HCake was demodded shortly after the accusation was first made, and he completely vanished without a word to anyone (At least that we know of).

You said it, I never noticed that H-Cake left the site. Hell, I didn't even know he was demodded!

I'll crawl back under my rock now =3

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 05:33 AM Reply

Sad that the first song I click on in the Top 30 list of new submissions breaks the rules.

Copyrighted vocals taken directly from the original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysSxxIqKN N0

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 06:17 PM Reply

• Bring Me To Life (Doan Remix)
    Bring Me To Life (Doan Remix) by Herdunculus

Click to listen.

Score
    4.21 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity

Sampled vocals; tried to disguise it with hi-pass and, sounds like, chorus & flanger filters.

Evanescence: Bring Me To Life - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YxaaGgTQ YM

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 06:22 PM Reply

Sampled vocals from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQVeESJJq hk (Afrojack ft. Eva Simmons - I Want You To Take Over Control).

C'mon, if you're gonna use copyrighted vocals, at least use an obscure part of the song, not the song's fucking title!

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 06:33 PM Reply

• Around the World II
    Around the World II by AlexTehHobo

Click to listen.

Score
    1.85 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity

Another one. Get about 4 minutes into the song: use of Apple loops from GarageBand. I'm pretty sure there's more copyright infringement later in the track, too. Suffice to say, it's not user-created content and therefore doesn't belong on the Audio Portal.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 23rd, 2011 @ 04:47 AM Reply

• Lupin the 3rd Remix
    Lupin the 3rd Remix by TrueWolf123

Click to listen.

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Jazz
    Popularity

So, I have no idea where he got a vocal sample of women singing, "Lupin the Third," but it's more than likely not rule abiding.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
JPRixdorfer
JPRixdorfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 23rd, 2011 @ 07:47 AM Reply

At 10/23/11 04:47 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 52236
So, I have no idea where he got a vocal sample of women singing, "Lupin the Third," but it's more than likely not rule abiding.

Not sure if sarcastic or just understating...
I guess the fact we here a whole big band playing while the author writes he did this in FL doesn't help his case.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 23rd, 2011 @ 11:04 AM Reply

At 10/23/11 07:47 AM, JPRixdorfer wrote:
At 10/23/11 04:47 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 52236
Not sure if sarcastic or just understating...
I guess the fact we here a whole big band playing while the author writes he did this in FL doesn't help his case.

Found the original on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xga-BvbgE 9A

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 23rd, 2011 @ 11:06 AM Reply

At 10/23/11 11:04 AM, RampantMusik wrote: Found the original on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xga-BvbgE 9A

Also, being his first track on the Audio Portal, I'm a little surprised that the Audio Mods didn't catch this one :\

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 23rd, 2011 @ 09:57 PM Reply

You have GOT to be kidding me. http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 52410

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 24th, 2011 @ 05:28 PM Reply

The infringement is pretty obvious in this one: the entire vocal track from the song is used.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 24th, 2011 @ 05:34 PM Reply

• Addicted to your body
    Addicted to your body by jerrome92

Click to listen.

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity

Author even admits to the lyrics and beat being by two other authors.

XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 09:39 PM Reply

^ Vocals illegally sampled from Depeche Mode's original work "Enjoy The Silence" :(

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 06:15 PM Reply

Q: What do all these tracks have in common? (Aside from being uploaded by the same user.)

• The Captain Kirk Song
    The Captain Kirk Song by aeop

Click to listen.

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dance
    Popularity
  • Up Yours Baby (a SHAFT Remix)
    Up Yours Baby (a SHAFT Remix) by aeop

Click to listen.

Score
    2.61 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Funk
    Popularity
  • Any Time (a Predator Remix)
    Any Time (a Predator Remix) by aeop

Click to listen.

Score
    2.44 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity
  • What Do You Want Will Riker
    What Do You Want Will Riker by aeop

Click to listen.

Score
    4.19 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dance
    Popularity
  • Off World (Blade Runner Remix)
    Off World (Blade Runner Remix) by aeop

Click to listen.

Score
    3.75 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dance
    Popularity
  • Smile You Son Of A...!
    Smile You Son Of A...! by aeop

Click to listen.

Score
    1.91 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity

A: They all sample films and TV series!

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Audio Portal Cleanup Nov. 4th, 2011 @ 05:54 PM Reply

bobby-perez

From just listening to maybe 3-4 songs of his, they all seem to be remixes of other songs, and not of newgrounds songs. Here's a list:

Liliums angels
Cant wait to be techno king
Sailor moons dream
Malckik gay pumping the

The list goes on and on...
This person has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to many songs on the list that are remixes of copywritten songs. I'm surprised that they are still up and that nobody has said anything.