00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MoxKatt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

stargate fanclub

15,446 Views | 110 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to stargate fanclub 2007-10-17 15:09:34

Moar Richard Dean Anderson, NAO.

Response to stargate fanclub 2007-10-17 15:14:57

Now that's what im talkin bout! GIVE US, NAOOO!!!!

Wakka wakka

Response to stargate fanclub 2007-11-01 13:59:22

lol stargate universe 3:d series.

Wakka wakka

Response to stargate fanclub 2008-01-13 18:59:10

I can't wait for Ark of Truth & Continuum!

BBS Signature

Response to stargate fanclub 2008-03-01 23:04:48

Is it just me or does Xercses from 300 sound like a Gaul'd.

Common sense isn't so common anymore

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Fanfiction Page

Response to stargate fanclub 2008-05-02 15:24:19

So, I had just prepared some lasagna, and bread and stuff to go with it to sit down, relax and watch Stargate Atlantis on the tele.

But when I turned on the fucking TV, fucking icehockey was on, fuckign fuck piss shit made me fucking pissed off. I've now finnished off my food, in anger, and staget was supposed to be delayed 30 min. That's 5 more min to go, so they better fukcing keep the fucking schedual or i'll fucking fuck them up really fucking bad.
fucking wankers.

good thing i still have three doughnuts to fuckign devour. >:(

Wakka wakka

Response to stargate fanclub 2008-07-16 02:26:33

Question: did anyone see the SG-movies yet? the new ones? TELL US ABOUT THEM! no unclear spoilers
>:(

At 7/11/08 11:09 PM, TheAmateurAnimator wrote: Hey, anyone see the SGA season premier?

Nope, and try to make your spoiler alerts a little more clear next time >:(
I deleted your post because it wasn't clear enough. And don't post spoilers unless there's a good point.

Wakka wakka

Response to stargate fanclub 2008-09-28 12:04:11

I just found this thread, and, although it is pretty old, I am bumping it.

For the record, my favorate is atlantis, with Mckay, he is just a genious.

Anyway, for those who are ignorant:

Doctor Weir+Carter:Leader
Mckay : scientist
Sheppard: Team Leader
Ronin: warrior
Taila, Tailor, Tey-la? andway, she is another alien on the team.

Response to stargate fanclub 2008-09-28 16:59:19

A joint bump, as I fell in love with both SG1 and Atlantis many months ago.

Not Infinity though, oh God not Infinity.

Haven't seen any of the movies. Or any of SG1's last season, for that matter.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to stargate fanclub 2008-10-02 02:58:01

stargate infinity is rubbish...i love sg1 and atlantis
fave sg1 ep. - window of oppurtunity
fave atlantis ep. - whispers (quite scary actually)

PM for sig. Maybe i'll make you one......

BBS Signature

Response to stargate fanclub 2008-12-30 05:18:15

I've now seen both of the SG1-movies, gotta say they both are pretty cool. They're like two good episodes, only its clear that they're more thought through productionvice and storyvice. The second one, Continuum, had ALOT of characters you'll recognize if you've seen every season of SG-1. :) Good shit.

At 9/28/08 04:59 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: A joint bump, as I fell in love with both SG1 and Atlantis many months ago.

Not Infinity though, oh God not Infinity.

Never did see infinity, that's the cartoon, right?

Haven't seen any of the movies. Or any of SG1's last season, for that matter.

you really should, even though things is given a much more "adventurous" feel á la Robin Hood, it's still good stuff. The movies will make alot more sense, both of them, actually, if you've seen the later seasons of SG-1. THough you can see Continuum on it's own, it will have much more value innit if you've seen all seasons.

Anyone know anything about Stargate Universe? From what i've read, the main characters are gonna be stuck in a ship - i really hope the feeling of the series will be far from Star-Trek D:
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/08/is targate_universei_has_a_go.shtml <---good reading if you're interested. :)

Wakka wakka

Response to stargate fanclub 2008-12-30 14:47:22

as everyone knows, SGA have been cancelled a while back. Though I don't think it'll get back, here's still a petition. SIIIIGN!

Wakka wakka

Response to stargate fanclub 2010-01-03 19:17:33

Sooo, i've seen all SGU-episodes this far. although its very different from SG-1 and SGA, I really like the darkness of it. Gotta say I'm positivley surprised.

What yuos guises think?

Wakka wakka

Response to stargate fanclub 2010-01-03 20:49:12

At 1/3/10 07:17 PM, Rucklo wrote: What yuos guises think?

Funny. I thought NG mods would naturally find it dull, given how much emo bawwing you already have to deal with around here.

I think they've stopped airing it in the UK. And I honestly don't miss it one bit, even though I love the previous Stargate series. I'm not going to be watching it again (that is, if it ever comes back on the TV), because to me it looks like a crappy rip-off of Battlestar Galactica with added scenes more reminiscent of Hollyoaks than Stargate. Hell, if it weren't for the big circular thingy and the spaceship, I would never have guessed it was in fact a Stargate series. And that's not a good thing in my book.

The characters are wooden, hollow, emo morons; the story (as far as I know) has gone nowhere, and all the episodes are pretty much identical (read: "We're all going to die" x1000). They're still stuck on a ship, they still can't so much as control where it's going or what it's doing, they're still running out of one thing or another, and they're ALL still whining about it. That got boring after the first 2 episodes.

Take SGA. The first episode basically portrayed all the things the entire SGU series has been dragging out for far longer than is entertaining on any level. SGA, I think, did that for a reason. Namely, it gets very samey after a while.
There's also the believability issue of doing the "are we all fucked?" thing so many times, and throughout the first few episodes. Of course they're not all going to die yet, we're only just starting the series!

TL;DR: SGU is crap, and barely a Stargate series at all.

Response to stargate fanclub 2010-03-05 16:37:19

think what you want about the characters, but i don't agree that the story is going nowhere. they're constantly "unlocking" and learning new things about the ship and whatnot - and i actually like the whole "let's settle our resources"-type thing first, it takes it down to a more human and realistic level rather than just some random spacealiens trying to shoot them up for whatever reason.

i haven't really seen battlestar galactica much, though i do recognize what you say about the whole mood thing, probably because alot because of the shaky hand-held cams, and overall darkness.

the series is btw coming back in april, season one is having a long break and will be back then. i for one is definitley looking forward to it!

Wakka wakka

Response to stargate fanclub 2010-03-18 18:18:32

This needs some CPR. I'm just getting into Stargate, I started watching halfway through the third season of Stargate Atlantis, and started enjoying it more than I thought I would.
I went out and bought the first season, started watching it today.

Response to stargate fanclub 2010-03-18 19:18:24

Sort of bump. Accidentally read the thread in General and thought 'fuck it, why not post in the club.'

I only watched every Stargate SG1 episode and a few Atlantis ones, which I didn't enjoy to be honest. At least with SG1 you had a decent cast that developed steadily through the series, with Atlantis I never saw it happening at all.

My favourite episode of SG1 has to be Red Sky, series 5 I think. Fucking awesome episode. No sign of the Goa'uld or replicators at all. Sometimes a break from the normal bullshit start a fight/ solve a problem/ win a fight is good for a show and SG1 pulled it off to perfection in this one. If you haven't seen it, go watch it.

Sort of want to watch Universe, but probably only because it has a Scotsman in it. Not too fussed to be honest.

Response to stargate fanclub 2010-03-18 22:53:32

At 3/18/10 07:18 PM, Slightly-Crazy-Dude wrote: Sort of want to watch Universe, but probably only because it has a Scotsman in it. Not too fussed to be honest.

HI SCD

I think thats what i use to call you, anyways i have yet to see the universe ones, i will have to check that out any good??

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to stargate fanclub 2010-03-20 16:01:09

I saw Universe at Wal-Mart the other day, but I didn't consider checking it out or anything, not until I'm done Atlantis, and I should probably watch SG1. But whatever, I'm getting a bunch of cash soon, so I'll be buying more Atlantis.

Response to stargate fanclub 2015-08-09 05:36:15

Can I join too? I love Stargate!

Response to stargate fanclub 2015-08-09 20:56:16

Always been more of a fan of battle star - Is Stargate worth watching if i like that?