Welcome to the
Monthly Audio Contest 2006 - July.
This is a basic and simple Audio Contest, wich will be held once every month.
Every new MAC will have a theme to follow, to narrow the submissions down a bit (for example, next month might be an "actionloop" contest, or whatever). However, this first ever MAC shall be an OPEN contest, every style is welcome. This mean we actually WILL put "Trance vs Country" if that´s the how it´ll go. Personal taste of the judges therefore most likley will play a part this month (expect other contest/judging styles the next few months).
The only price we have to offer to begin with is a sig pic.
For starters, Metalcan will be making the sigs, and as most of you might know, he kick ass when it comes to making sigs!!!
The Point Of Wearing Sig Pic:
To make this simple price valuable, it is encouraged that everyone who participate, and everyone who just feels like it, wear the sig pic for a couple of days, a week, or so. Link the sig pic to the winners audio page.
This way, the AF community will show the rest of the BBS (well, from those who are active in other parts of the BBS than the AF) that "WE", audio frequenters, exists, we are well organised and armed >:(
And of course, there will hopefully be an attention-impact for the winners audio page, if many ppl are representing this.
However, the glory is eternal.
Entering the Contest, Basic Rules
1 - Check the Rules for Submitting Audio to the NGAP
2 - Make a song according to these rules
3 - Submitthe song to the NG Audio Portal
4 - Go to this thread and post a link to your songpage. Most important detail is your songs name, of course.
5 - Only songs submited to the AP in july 2006 will be accepted in the contest
6 - ONE song only each month / user. Don´t come around with crappy alts.
The judging this month will be as follows;
- Judges are supreme, and will not listen to whining or other bullcrap. Bribing is permitted, if the $ amount is minimum 100US$, and I (Rucklo) gets 110% of that minimun amount.
- The scoring will be from "0-10". Every judge will give their favourite submission a score of ten.
- The guidlines for juding is just like one would review a song in the AP; Clarity, Diversity Originality and Effort. However, these are guidlines only, what might be good to consider when judging. There will only be ONE score of the song, like earlier mentioned.
- This month there will be as many judges as needed. I will PM around and ask some of you. And if noone wants to judge, i´ll f*in judge all submissions myself >:(
If you think you are qualified judging, PM me.
- If there are many contestants, "cross judging" will take place. Meaning not every judge will judge every single song, but every song will be judged by at least two different judges. If this is needed, more information of exactly how the judging will be will be presented in this thread.
Piece of cake, huh?
I shall assume most of you guys have submited something July, if not, well, start making a song :)
If you have any bright ideas of some sort for the contest, just put them here. There are already many ideas waiting to be realised in case this "first" MAC gets a good responce, be sure ;)
In the beginning of next month MAC6 August will be announced. Expect a loop-session contest of some sort! :)
as many of you guys might know, there have been several contests attempt before. This is not hte first monthly audio contest, but its the first in its kind. The last contest took place in march. It was started by Khuskan, and finnished by Superdrummer 146.