00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Php: Main - Discussion Thread

17,310 Views | 270 Replies

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-17 22:23:49

Can anyone help me out?

Whenever I use start_session(); I get the following error:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/mysite/index.php:5) in /var/www/html/mysite/index.php on line 22

Line 22 is the line that I use start_session(); on.

BBS Signature

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-17 22:26:28

At 8/17/06 10:23 PM, DashDingo wrote: Can anyone help me out?

Whenever I use start_session(); I get the following error:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/mysite/index.php:5) in /var/www/html/mysite/index.php on line 22

Line 22 is the line that I use start_session(); on.

It means you have text/html before the start_session() call. Put start_session() before everything, or use this: http://www.newground../topic.php?id=539687

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-17 22:29:40

At 8/17/06 10:26 PM, DFox2 wrote: It means you have text/html before the start_session() call. Put start_session() before everything, or use this: http://www.newground../topic.php?id=539687

Thanks, Foxeh! I just did it and my code works fine now :) I'm reading that tutorial as well, too. THANKS!!!!!11omg!!1

BBS Signature

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-17 22:33:26

At 8/17/06 10:29 PM, DashDingo wrote: Thanks, Foxeh! I just did it and my code works fine now :) I'm reading that tutorial as well, too. THANKS!!!!!11omg!!1

You're welcome Dash :)

Glad I was able to help.

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-20 18:32:39

ok, thiis is realy going to piss of dfox, but I aint actually writtne a tutorial, at least i dont think i have. but i could always wrtie one on how to u se the include, that about all i do with php!

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-20 18:35:07

At 8/20/06 06:32 PM, thecoshman wrote: ok, thiis is realy going to piss of dfox, but I aint actually writtne a tutorial, at least i dont think i have. but i could always wrtie one on how to u se the include, that about all i do with php!

Whoops, my mistake :)

I meant to put you under supporters, not authors. Fixed in the next update.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-20 18:35:59

At 8/20/06 06:32 PM, thecoshman wrote: ok, thiis is realy going to piss of dfox, but I aint actually writtne a tutorial, at least i dont think i have. but i could always wrtie one on how to u se the include, that about all i do with php!

Please use a spellchecker on it.

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. " - Unknown

[ FluxBB developer | Quickmarks 0.5.1 | Strings & Ints - my blog ]

BBS Signature

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-20 18:37:07

At 8/20/06 06:35 PM, DFox2 wrote: Whoops, my mistake :)

I meant to put you under supporters, not authors. Fixed in the next update.

Thanks for pointing that out.

dose that mean you dont wont a tutorial on include ?

:'(

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-20 18:38:07

At 8/20/06 06:37 PM, thecoshman wrote: dose that mean you dont wont a tutorial on include ?

'(

Well, it's not that I don't want it, but http://www.newground../topic.php?id=538028

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-20 20:21:26

HEY

I found a resource. Now, i'm not sure that you want to use it, because it gives the full source code, but this section does pretty good on teaching it to you....

HotScripts PHP Tutorial Section

http:// www.hotscripts.com /PHP/ Tips_and_Tutorials/

Hello, from the past!

[ PHP: Main ]

BBS Signature

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-20 20:58:53

At 8/20/06 08:21 PM, Momo_the_Monkey wrote: HEY

I found a resource. Now, i'm not sure that you want to use it, because it gives the full source code, but this section does pretty good on teaching it to you....

HotScripts PHP Tutorial Section

http:// www.hotscripts.com /PHP/ Tips_and_Tutorials/

Pretty good resource!

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-20 22:21:51

At 8/20/06 08:58 PM, sacul wrote: Pretty good resource!

Apparently most of thw www.cookiejest.com portal's ASP was taken from hotscripts.

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-20 22:25:00

At 8/20/06 10:21 PM, jordanweb wrote:
At 8/20/06 08:58 PM, sacul wrote: Pretty good resource!
Apparently most of thw www.cookiejest.com portal's ASP was taken from hotscripts.

lol. And how did you find this out?

Hello, from the past!

BBS Signature

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-22 14:01:57

Because of Gzip tutorial popularity, I'm making a tool which checks if your site is Gzipped, how many, and stuff.

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-23 11:31:37

Hey dood, jordenweb, whats wrong with you, who are you to say that his scripts are stolen, hmm, and your accusing him, cookiejest of stealing, when you your self stole scripts, and posted them under your name. And dont say that you'll give me 5000$ to prove it because.

1) you dont have 5 grand
2) theres a whole topic of people saying, "YOU STOLE THIS SCRIPT."

So dont critize others who are getting help, when you your self have been getting help.

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-23 19:03:11

Hey, guys, remember that topic Afro made about cutting down the drama?

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-23 22:53:36

At 8/23/06 07:03 PM, WoogieNoogie wrote: Hey, guys, remember that topic Afro made about cutting down the drama?

Seriously, I think people are forgetting again. Thank you for restoring order and stopping their babyish behavior.

I've been PMing Afro_Ninja about bad behavior by some people in this forum. I'd hate to have to PM him about bad behavior in MY OWN THREAD.

Some of you seem to be very good at starting fights and continuing them. If you wish to talk about stealing, who stole what, who uses tutorials in their games, stuff like that, make your own thread and screw that up so at least a moderator can lock it.

Do NOT fight in my thread, and turn it into a whole stole what thread.

This thread is for discussion about PHP: MAIN, not who stole what, who used something on their site, or whatever non-sense some of you feel the need to bring up.

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-24 06:43:24

I think (this is just an idea now...) that we should all get together, and make a very simple flash portal. I do. Just so when anyone asks for a flash portal, point them to that tutorial. But, so they can't copy and paste things, make it very very basic, but also secure so it can actually be used, but all it does is upload flash, and then display a link on a different page, to the page that was uploaded.

Who thinks this is a good/ok idea?

Hello, from the past!

BBS Signature

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-24 06:52:08

At 8/20/06 10:25 PM, Momo_the_Monkey wrote: lol. And how did you find this out?

I use there forums alot and somebody asked there "How can i make a flash portal", then cookie gave him a link to hotscripts.

And would sacul stop being a fucktard? Thanks.

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-24 10:34:16

At 8/24/06 06:43 AM, Momo_the_Monkey wrote: Who thinks this is a good/ok idea?

I really like the idea.

We could direct them to a tutorial/download/post with the portal in, and say something like "thats a basic flash portal, it is reccomended that you learn PHP & MySQL, to edit/alter it to your needs. That is only the structure, to get you started"

Or something like that.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-24 18:22:04

Join the Programming Crew :(

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-24 20:32:28

At 8/24/06 06:22 PM, WoogieNoogie wrote:
Join the Programming Crew :(

what? Is that a request? or a...i don't even know what that was..... I can't tell if that was a request or an insult.....ug. Would you mind clearing things up a bit?

Hello, from the past!

BBS Signature

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-24 21:00:21

At 8/24/06 08:32 PM, Momo_the_Monkey wrote: what? Is that a request? or a...i don't even know what that was..... I can't tell if that was a request or an insult.....ug. Would you mind clearing things up a bit?

It's a request...wasn't meant as an insult at all. You remember the Programming Crew topic, right? You said you could do some tutorials. Don't see why some great coders can't collaberate on some tuts.

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-24 21:04:36

At 8/24/06 09:00 PM, WoogieNoogie wrote:
At 8/24/06 08:32 PM, Momo_the_Monkey wrote: what? Is that a request? or a...i don't even know what that was..... I can't tell if that was a request or an insult.....ug. Would you mind clearing things up a bit?
It's a request...wasn't meant as an insult at all. You remember the Programming Crew topic, right? You said you could do some tutorials. Don't see why some great coders can't collaberate on some tuts.

lol. ok. i just wasn't sure. lol.

So, how do i get into the programming crew? Do i get accepted? what?

Also, before anything, i'm just starting out at php, but i am advanced (and highly skilled) at html and graphical design, so i would prosper and help the PC if i did more tutorials on those 2 subjects, but as you can see in php main, i can do php tutorials as well.

I'm better at saying the php code, and editing it, than i am at writing. EG

I can say "if bob equals yellow, then make 4 plus 5 equal true." now, that's just an example, and i could write that out, but i'm saying, it's easier for me to do that, than it is to write the code.

Also, if you give me a php forums, i could edit it to how i want it and add a few things here and there.

I'm also good at telling people to "make this" or "make that"
I'm better at ideas than i am making them happen.

So, back to topic. How do i get in the PC? And in what ways (if there are any besides making tutorials, and giving ideas) coudl i help?

Hello, from the past!

BBS Signature

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-24 22:07:54

At 8/24/06 09:04 PM, Momo_the_Monkey wrote: So, back to topic. How do i get in the PC? And in what ways (if there are any besides making tutorials, and giving ideas) coudl i help?

You can sign up at the forums here. We're starting up the process soon, so we could definitely use your help.

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-24 23:03:24

Well, the thing with the portal tutorial idea is, most of the people who ask for a portal don't know any PHP/MySQL.

They are just going to go to that tutorial, when they shouldn't because they should learn the basics first.

So if someone wants to make it, so be it, but I can just see it encouraging people not to learn the basics and actually learn PHP.

Also, I'd like to say something to everyone.

Most of you probably know the Denvish requested AS: Main be locked. I think we all owe a huge thanks to Denvish as he inspired me to create PHP: Main. Without him, PHP: Main would never have happened.

With that said, I want to make clear that I have NO plans to EVER get PHP: Main locked, no matter how many tutorials we compile. I always feel there are new things to be taught.

But, thanks again Denvish :)

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-25 00:58:56

Yeah, I remember when PHP: Main first started. You modeled alot of the aspects after AS: Main.

Oh, and the portal thing...you're absolutely right. Most people who come looking for a portal are little kids that want to make the next Newgrounds.

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-08-25 06:54:07

At 8/25/06 12:58 AM, WoogieNoogie wrote: Yeah, I remember when PHP: Main first started. You modeled alot of the aspects after AS: Main.

Oh, and the portal thing...you're absolutely right. Most people who come looking for a portal are little kids that want to make the next Newgrounds.

yes, but if we get there hopes up, and tell them to take this one, but don't use it, they'll use it and they'll fail. And ask for help.

After we have made the thread, no questions about a flash portal or just a portal will be answered. None. I think if we make them a portal, no one should ask questions.

Hello, from the past!

BBS Signature

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-09-10 12:37:00

Guys!

I think some of us forgot about this thread...

We're almost half way though the new page of PHP: Main with NO new tutorials.

PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION HERE!!!

I really don't want to have to start bothering Afro-Ninja to delete peoples posts to clean up the page.

Response to Php: Main - Discussion Thread 2006-09-12 17:53:57

Hey Dfox...

Don't forget to change my name (Momo_the_Monkey) to Momo-the-Monkey

Due to nesscessarry changes in NG's system...