New Topic Respond to this Topic
GoldOps018
GoldOps018
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-12 20:51:23 Reply

At 9/12/07 08:13 PM, avenged7fold1 wrote: It's good to hear you're not a fag, lol. I'm playing next weekend for some good clean fun, but not a tourney for a few weeks. I'll try and post some pics or a link to a video if I can. If not, be prepared for a long story about how I got pissed when I will inevitably get bunkered. 15 on 15 is a nice number for woodsball but where me and my friends go (not my team, just friends who play for fun) it can get to about 30 on 30 and it is AWESOME! Anyway, I've been meaning to ask this for a while but kept forgetting whenever I post.... With the A-5 Flatline, do you need to straighten it? When I use my Tippmann, I'm always finding that I have to adjust it to shoot straight. Just wondering if you have to line anything up for the A-5 (I don't use my Ion because it wouldn't be fair to use the gun you use in tourneys for a game of woodsball, no matter what the gun is).

30 on 30, damn thats a big ass game, lol, the biggest game I played was 20 on 20, but usually the average team games that I play are small like 5 on 5 or 7 on 7 somewhere around those numbers, I dont even care if its 2 on 2 as long as I have someone to shoot at and its a game of paintball. We mostly play capture the flag most rounds, but then on the last couple rounds we play regular team battle or every man for himself, do you ever play capture the flag? Oh yeah about the flatline for the A-5, hell no you dont have to adjust it, once you get it in its in and its not going nowhere, lol. I had to fucking shove it up against my refrigerator to get the barrell to go in. I'm positive I had it positioned the right way when inserting it, but I guess it needed some pushing force to get in. Then it finally went in and I turned it 1/4 of a turn up like it said and it was locked in did not wiggle at all, solid as a rock. Then I took it out for a test shoot to make sure it was working right considering I had to force it in, lol, and it was good and accurate as hell I couldnt believe it and went further too. You have a Tippmann 98 custom right?

BBS Signature
avenged7fold1
avenged7fold1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-12 21:50:38 Reply

At 9/12/07 08:51 PM, GoldOps018 wrote: We mostly play capture the flag most rounds, but then on the last couple rounds we play regular team battle or every man for himself, do you ever play capture the flag? Oh yeah about the flatline for the A-5, hell no you dont have to adjust it, once you get it in its in and its not going nowhere, lol. I had to fucking shove it up against my refrigerator to get the barrell to go in. I'm positive I had it positioned the right way when inserting it, but I guess it needed some pushing force to get in. Then it finally went in and I turned it 1/4 of a turn up like it said and it was locked in did not wiggle at all, solid as a rock. Then I took it out for a test shoot to make sure it was working right considering I had to force it in, lol, and it was good and accurate as hell I couldnt believe it and went further too. You have a Tippmann 98 custom right?

Yeah man, CTF is the shit! That way you don't have to chase down the fags who go to a paintball place and don't play paintball (as in those guys who sit and hide). The A-5 Flatline sounds so much better than the 98. It took me weeks to get the barrel on right. With the 98 you have to line a slit in the tip of the barrel up with the "aimer". It looks straight, but then when you shoot, it curves. So that took a few tries to finally get, and when i got it, I must say that I didn't think it was worth it.

GoldOps018
GoldOps018
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-12 22:27:08 Reply

At 9/12/07 09:50 PM, avenged7fold1 wrote: Yeah man, CTF is the shit! That way you don't have to chase down the fags who go to a paintball place and don't play paintball (as in those guys who sit and hide). The A-5 Flatline sounds so much better than the 98. It took me weeks to get the barrel on right. With the 98 you have to line a slit in the tip of the barrel up with the "aimer". It looks straight, but then when you shoot, it curves. So that took a few tries to finally get, and when i got it, I must say that I didn't think it was worth it.

Haha fucking right, but I think this weekend its just regular team battle, I'll be playing with different people too and a few of them play on paintball teams and compete in woodball tourneys (never thought there were woodball tourney's) maybe this time it'll be more of a challege for me. Yeah when I saw the flatline for the 98 I was thinking thats fucking long for a paintball barrell and I figured it might tilt a little. Oh yeah and you also have to take out the barrell adaptor too before you install the flatline and I needed a clamp grip to screw it out because the way the instructions said to do it wasnt working. Did you see the new tippmann X-7? Pretty sweet huh?

BBS Signature
avenged7fold1
avenged7fold1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-12 22:38:33 Reply

At 9/12/07 10:27 PM, GoldOps018 wrote: Haha fucking right, but I think this weekend its just regular team battle, I'll be playing with different people too and a few of them play on paintball teams and compete in woodball tourneys (never thought there were woodball tourney's) maybe this time it'll be more of a challege for me. Yeah when I saw the flatline for the 98 I was thinking thats fucking long for a paintball barrell and I figured it might tilt a little. Oh yeah and you also have to take out the barrell adaptor too before you install the flatline and I needed a clamp grip to screw it out because the way the instructions said to do it wasnt working. Did you see the new tippmann X-7? Pretty sweet huh?

Woodsball tourneys? I never knew they actually existed. Where I play it's just an urban legend. I'd assumes its for beginners? Yeah I did everything I needed to do in order to install it, but the challenge was getting it to line up straight. You have to get that damn little slit lined up perfectly. That pic is at a bad angle, but it's on right as of now. As for the X-7, I've never been one for scenario paintball. If i wanted that, I'd be playing airsoft.

The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group

I-FLIP-VANS
I-FLIP-VANS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-12 22:47:24 Reply

At 9/12/07 09:50 PM, avenged7fold1 wrote: Yeah man, CTF is the shit!

I had probably the greatest experience playing Capture the flag in the woods at skirmish. I dont get to go paintballing much anymore so its usually a trip to skirmish or just once a month to atlas speedball.

I love the rush you get from paintballing with the balls wizzing past your head and you just in your own world running by them. So When we played capture the flag, i did this twice already was I run directly at the flag and grab it off the break. Then i run back and be a high recon for the rushers. THat way i just change the game to elimination.

I like elimination alot more than ctf so its good like that.

I may be going this friday to some speedballing, i havent been to this course in so long, i started crying 9th period today...

Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-12 23:10:05 Reply

At 9/12/07 10:47 PM, I-FLIP-VANS wrote: I love the rush you get from paintballing with the balls wizzing past your head

Not when you're at a practice.

You see, I'm on a local team. One excersize is (this is what the SWAT team does) a couple of people are shooting at a target, and there are two other people walking back and forth in front of the targets. It's quite scary, actually.

BBS Signature
avenged7fold1
avenged7fold1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-12 23:43:13 Reply

At 9/12/07 11:10 PM, Twone wrote:
At 9/12/07 10:47 PM, I-FLIP-VANS wrote: I love the rush you get from paintballing with the balls wizzing past your head
Not when you're at a practice.

You see, I'm on a local team. One excersize is (this is what the SWAT team does) a couple of people are shooting at a target, and there are two other people walking back and forth in front of the targets. It's quite scary, actually.

We have very different practices lol. We usually play a 3 on 3 or sometimes 5 on 5 against ourselves. The only difference is we use reballs. You can keep playing because they dont break. It's great for practicing gun fights. The only drill we do that's similar to that is when the frontmen (me) try to get to about the 40 off break against our backmen. I guess it's similiar because you come real close to getting shot if not getting shot. Sadly, I've got the 3rd best percentage at about 65% and our best is either 82% or 83%. But, when it comes to gun fights, I'm our 2nd best frontman.

Crue
Crue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-13 21:17:16 Reply

At 9/12/07 11:43 PM, avenged7fold1 wrote: We have very different practices lol. We usually play a 3 on 3 or sometimes 5 on 5 against ourselves. The only difference is we use reballs. You can keep playing because they dont break. It's great for practicing gun fights. The only drill we do that's similar to that is when the frontmen (me) try to get to about the 40 off break against our backmen. I guess it's similiar because you come real close to getting shot if not getting shot. Sadly, I've got the 3rd best percentage at about 65% and our best is either 82% or 83%. But, when it comes to gun fights, I'm our 2nd best frontman.

Me too. My best friend is better than me, but I'm pretty damn good, according to teammates and opponents. I've never actually participated in a sponsored tournament though. Its always simple friendly, yet competative, local games. I like it that way to be honest.

Better Days | "If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them." | The Hookah Lounge | Merry Christmas Cocksmokers! |

BBS Signature
GoldOps018
GoldOps018
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-13 22:56:26 Reply

At 9/12/07 10:38 PM, avenged7fold1 wrote: Woodsball tourneys? I never knew they actually existed. Where I play it's just an urban legend. I'd assumes its for beginners? Yeah I did everything I needed to do in order to install it, but the challenge was getting it to line up straight. You have to get that damn little slit lined up perfectly. That pic is at a bad angle, but it's on right as of now. As for the X-7, I've never been one for scenario paintball. If i wanted that, I'd be playing airsoft.

Yeah I know, well I talked to one of them yesterday over at my friends house and yeah he said there's place out there that have woodball tourneys at all levels, but it's very rare to find a woodball organization, there's very few places in each state that have them. Some states dont have any, but according to him it's about a little over a half hour drive from where I live to the woodball organization so I guess one day I'll take a ride down there and see if I can join a team or if I can get enough people register my own, but I think I'd rather just join a team. They have regular season team games every saterday and sunday, the rest of the week it's open to the public. They don't really do it tourney style, what they do is just like how every common sport does, each weekend during the fall season two random teams face off in 3 rounds and then another two random teams face off and so on and near the end of the fall season they have a semi-final and a final.

BBS Signature
avenged7fold1
avenged7fold1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-13 23:59:05 Reply

At 9/13/07 09:17 PM, Crue wrote: Me too. My best friend is better than me, but I'm pretty damn good, according to teammates and opponents. I've never actually participated in a sponsored tournament though. Its always simple friendly, yet competative, local games. I like it that way to be honest.

Hold on a second. Does the "me too" refer to the part where i said that we have different practices? So you practice with a team and don't play in real tournaments? You don't know what you're missing! If you're half as good as you say/think you are, you can at least make it to a rookie team. The first toueney you play in will be a tough one, no question, but after I'd say 3, you learn how to play smarter and how to cover angles better. By the way, would you mind posting pics of your better set up? I know some people, me included, use worse guns for public games to make it more fair.

GoldOps018
GoldOps018
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-14 15:52:25 Reply

Oh yeah I forgot to mention yesterday that there is no levels of how good players are in other words there's no novice or intermediate teams/games. So basically either a teams good or bad depending on what kind of players it is, but from what he told me there's very few people that play on teams who suck and those are usually first timers and they're urged to play on week days when its open to the public for practice obiviously. So yeah pretty much each game is a good game because everyone's basically on the same level from the sounds of it.

BBS Signature
Crue
Crue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-14 18:11:29 Reply

At 9/13/07 11:59 PM, avenged7fold1 wrote: Hold on a second. Does the "me too" refer to the part where i said that we have different practices?

No, I meant I am good frontman.

By the way, would you mind posting pics of your better set up? I know some people, me included, use worse guns for public games to make it more fair.

I'll see what I can do. Its not great, better than some, but not great.

Better Days | "If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them." | The Hookah Lounge | Merry Christmas Cocksmokers! |

BBS Signature
avenged7fold1
avenged7fold1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-14 20:57:28 Reply

At 9/14/07 06:11 PM, Crue wrote:
At 9/13/07 11:59 PM, avenged7fold1 wrote:

:: By the way, would you mind posting pics of your better set up? I know some people, me included, use worse guns for public games to make it more fair.

I'll see what I can do. Its not great, better than some, but not great.

Alright. Well, if for some reason you can't take a picture of your set up, just tell us what you use.

I-FLIP-VANS
I-FLIP-VANS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-15 10:57:28 Reply

I was a on a tourny team in the beginning of this year. We used to practice getting to our positions as quick as possible, and the backs following us up with cover fire on the other back bunkers.

I just play for fun now with some old team friends.

GoldOps018
GoldOps018
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-16 11:54:01 Reply

I just played a big game of woodball yesterday and it was the sickest woods ever! Its like it was made for paintball. It was like being in vietnam, lol. It was just such an awesome woods, it had like these old cement builds with windoes you can snipe out of, sick ledges for sniping, and there were also stair lead up to the roofs of the old cement buildings, I mean it was just so cool. I'll admit it I sucked in the begining of the game because unfortunately most people on my team had a hangover and when we split up into pairs I was paired with a noob who also had a hangover and we kept getting ambushed. So then we just decided to split up cause that way it was better to work out my stratigy and then I did A LOT better when I was alone and did my stratigy by myself. Oh yeah and I think I'm going to need a response trigger for my A-5, anybody know of any stores that might carry them?

BBS Signature
Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-16 12:03:46 Reply

At 9/16/07 11:54 AM, GoldOps018 wrote: Oh yeah and I think I'm going to need a response trigger for my A-5, anybody know of any stores that might carry them?

Uh, Paintball Depot?

And I skipped paintball practice today because of too much homework. This sucks. They're doing cool stuff today, like building infiltration.

BBS Signature
kdfsjljklgjfg
kdfsjljklgjfg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-16 12:51:04 Reply

At 9/15/07 10:57 AM, I-FLIP-VANS wrote: I was a on a tourny team in the beginning of this year. We used to practice getting to our positions as quick as possible, and the backs following us up with cover fire on the other back bunkers.

I just play for fun now with some old team friends.

I don't do speedball

Scenario ball all the way! :)

GoldOps018
GoldOps018
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-16 15:03:23 Reply

Nevermind, I just ordered a response trigger online at tippmannparts.com, Oh yeah and Avenge7fold1 I found some nice tippmann jerseys on that website too and I think I might order one sometime this week or next week. My one friend want to buy my chest protector and forearm guards off of me anyway so I wont have those laying around the house useless. I figured I shouldnt get pants considering I already converted my goalie pants to paintball pants pretty much.

BBS Signature
avenged7fold1
avenged7fold1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-16 18:29:09 Reply

At 9/16/07 03:03 PM, GoldOps018 wrote: Oh yeah and Avenge7fold1 I found some nice tippmann jerseys on that website too and I think I might order one sometime this week or next week. My one friend want to buy my chest protector and forearm guards off of me anyway so I wont have those laying around the house useless. I figured I shouldnt get pants considering I already converted my goalie pants to paintball pants pretty much.

Good idea. Just make sure that that jersey has forearm pads before you sell your guards.

At 9/16/07 12:03 PM, Twone wrote: And I skipped paintball practice today because of too much homework. This sucks. They're doing cool stuff today, like building infiltration.

What team are you on again? I know that you said you had "practice" before, but I went back into the earlier pages and found our that you use a Tippmann. You don't actually play in tourneys, do you? I don't think I've ever seen a tippmann used in any tourney, ever. Even in the rookie division, the worst gun is probably a stock Ion.

Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-16 19:53:56 Reply

At 9/16/07 06:29 PM, avenged7fold1 wrote: What team are you on again?

Oh, no, this is a team with my friends. We play Woodsball.

BBS Signature
GoldOps018
GoldOps018
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-16 21:07:32 Reply

Ah shit it doesnt so I guess I'll have to keep the forearm guards. Oh yeah and next weekend I'm going up to that woodball place I posted about before and see if I can join a team cause apparently some team are in need of woodball players.

BBS Signature
avenged7fold1
avenged7fold1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-16 21:15:28 Reply

At 9/16/07 09:07 PM, GoldOps018 wrote: Ah shit it doesnt so I guess I'll have to keep the forearm guards. Oh yeah and next weekend I'm going up to that woodball place I posted about before and see if I can join a team cause apparently some team are in need of woodball players.

You can always buy your jersey off of ebay. I know some people don't trust it, but so far all of my 20 or so experiences have been perfect. Theres no other way to put it. You get exactly what you are looking for, but for cheaper than you would ever expect. I bought my halo shell for $10 when it retails for $30.

GoldOps018
GoldOps018
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-17 07:04:28 Reply

At 9/16/07 09:15 PM, avenged7fold1 wrote:

:You can always buy your jersey off of ebay. I know some people don't trust it, but so far all of my 20 or so experiences have been perfect. Theres no other way to put it. You get exactly what you are looking for, but for cheaper than you would ever expect. I bought my halo shell for $10 when it retails for $30.

Well are most paintball jerseys supposed to have chest padding?

BBS Signature
avenged7fold1
avenged7fold1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-17 15:01:38 Reply

At 9/17/07 07:04 AM, GoldOps018 wrote: are most paintball jerseys supposed to have chest padding?

No, none are.

GoldOps018
GoldOps018
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-17 15:14:54 Reply

Yeah thats what I thought, but anyway I'm going to go with the tippmann fusion battle jersey with that digital camo design. I figured it'd be common sense to have a camo jersey considering I play woodball and I'm going to join a woodball team soon.

BBS Signature
avenged7fold1
avenged7fold1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-17 16:41:50 Reply

At 9/17/07 03:14 PM, GoldOps018 wrote: Yeah thats what I thought, but anyway I'm going to go with the tippmann fusion battle jersey with that digital camo design. I figured it'd be common sense to have a camo jersey considering I play woodball and I'm going to join a woodball team soon.

Sounds like a good enough plan. I've never been one for camo, personally. I just think the whole idea is kind of dumb for paintball. It doesn't make you harder to see than a black sweat shirt does. But, that's only my opinion. Some people like it, some don't.

GoldOps018
GoldOps018
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-17 19:13:08 Reply

At 9/17/07 04:41 PM, avenged7fold1 wrote: Sounds like a good enough plan. I've never been one for camo, personally. I just think the whole idea is kind of dumb for paintball. It doesn't make you harder to see than a black sweat shirt does. But, that's only my opinion. Some people like it, some don't.

Yeah pretty much as long as you wear any dark colored clothing you're good. Unfortunately that rookie that I got paired up with that I posted about during the big game on saterday he was dumb enough to wear a light blue hoodie and I'm thinking while we're going through the woods "We're fucked" lol.

BBS Signature
avenged7fold1
avenged7fold1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-17 19:42:07 Reply

At 9/17/07 07:13 PM, GoldOps018 wrote: Yeah pretty much as long as you wear any dark colored clothing you're good. Unfortunately that rookie that I got paired up with that I posted about during the big game on saterday he was dumb enough to wear a light blue hoodie and I'm thinking while we're going through the woods "We're fucked" lol.

That's actually not THAT bad, lol. On my old team (rookie division =/) our jerseys were bright yellow AND orange. But, it made me feel good standing out like that. It had that "Come get me, bitches! I'm right here!" attitude about it.

GoldOps018
GoldOps018
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-17 20:08:45 Reply

Yeah but this guy was a rookie and had a hangover and I got stuck with him and we kept getting ambushed until he finally quit because he couldnt take the pain. Then after that I was on my own and I was kicking ass, I pretty much ambushed those two guys that kept ambushing me before. I could tell I do better on my own or if I'm with someone as good as me or better. I cant wait till my response trigger comes in I just sent in my money order this morning now I'm just so eager. I think that'll be the last upgrade to my gun for a while.

BBS Signature
avenged7fold1
avenged7fold1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-09-17 20:29:52 Reply

At 9/17/07 08:08 PM, GoldOps018 wrote: I cant wait till my response trigger comes in I just sent in my money order this morning now I'm just so eager. I think that'll be the last upgrade to my gun for a while.

Just remember not to set it too fast. 12 bps should be more than enough, maybe even too much for the flatline. The last think you want is broken paint inside your barrel, especially the flatline.