New Topic Respond to this Topic
Hell-Frog
Hell-Frog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group May. 14th, 2008 @ 08:16 PM Reply

Got more good news that only affects me!

Well, as you all (dogstile) know, I decided to make my own team. Last time I posted I think we only had me and my 2 friends, a back (Tom) and a mid/front (Keith). Well, we went down on Sunday to practice with other teams to see where we would start for next season in terms of divisions and all that when me and tom realized that there was a few players here who weren't on a team. Usually only really good players or really dumb/cocky players go down to the field on Sunday where we go. It's basically tourney style only not that good.

Anyway, right away I could tell that one of the players who wasn't on a team was good. He had that look about him that just made me wonder. Not a look like jersey and good gun or that shit. Any spoiled 12 year old can get those things. This guy was different somehow so I watched him play for a while. He wasn't as good as I hoped, sadly, but the good news is he is still legit and can help our team in making as of right now. I asked him to join and he refused. I have no idea why he did, maybe he didn't know that I'm legit or something like that.

For some reason, I really wanted this guy on our team, so I offered to play him one on one. Now, as everyone should know, front players pretty much suck ass at one on ones. Still, I thought it might prove something to him. He accepted and I embarrassed him three times in a best of 5. Turns out that wasn't such a good idea. He was one of those bastards with a huge ego (not the gun) and thinks hes the best obviously.

But that's when the good part comes. One of the other "free agents" saw me play against him and liked the way I play. Now, normally I assume that anyone who gets all giddy and asks to join a team is a complete joke. Luckily, I'm not an asshole to their face, so I told him I will watch him play for a few games.

And oh my god he was insane. One of the best mids I've ever seen who isn't on a team. It almost scared me. So, very professionally I said, "WOW! YOU'RE SICK! YOU'RE ON THE TEAM!".

Still looking for 2 or 3 more so we can do 5s and 3s. But I think next season we will make some noise and by the 5th season I'm predicting DII if not DI. Going good so far and still have a long time to find more players.

moptopzombie
moptopzombie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group May. 14th, 2008 @ 08:43 PM Reply

Since the creator is inactive and was fairly ignorant I'm commandeering the airsoft section of this crew.
If any airsoft questions need to be asked, ask me.

</thread>
+++ZSC-airsoft+++
Sig by Fremen. I've had 4 near death experiences!

BBS Signature
Hell-Frog
Hell-Frog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group May. 14th, 2008 @ 09:15 PM Reply

At 5/14/08 08:43 PM, moptopzombie wrote: Since the creator is inactive and was fairly ignorant I'm commandeering the airsoft section of this crew.
If any airsoft questions need to be asked, ask me.

No. It doesn't work like that in any way. This is a place where anyone can ask anyone anything related to airsoft or paintball. You don't come in here and declare yourself a 'commander' of this club.

First of all, you have no right to declare yourself a commander after maybe 2 posts in here? Second there is no need for it. It will only complicate things and couldn't possibly help in any way.

Just talk about airsoft and paintball live everyone else has been doing and this club will be fine. Once people like you feel you need to take control to make yourself feel important, it ruins everything. No one likes people like that.

moptopzombie
moptopzombie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group May. 14th, 2008 @ 09:17 PM Reply

I mean no offense but the many questions related to airsoft have been answered incorrectly.
The term I used, commandeering, was simply a joke. However if anyone has any further airsoft questions I welcome them to ask me.

</thread>
+++ZSC-airsoft+++

BBS Signature
dogstile
dogstile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group May. 15th, 2008 @ 01:43 PM Reply

no idea why you would want an a5 mate, apart from the visual changes and that fact it comes with a cyclone feed its really not that different from a 98

i play team fortress 2 on EGO servers
gamertag "dog stilez"
i go paintballing often [NG airsoft/paintball group]

BBS Signature
moptopzombie
moptopzombie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group May. 15th, 2008 @ 06:22 PM Reply

At 5/15/08 01:43 PM, dogstile wrote: no idea why you would want an a5 mate, apart from the visual changes and that fact it comes with a cyclone feed its really not that different from a 98

its a little smaller, and I've just gotten tired of 98's

</thread>
+++ZSC-airsoft+++

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Voice Actor
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group May. 15th, 2008 @ 07:29 PM Reply

Hey guys this is a question to all you airsofters out there. Where can I learn how to upgrade the internals of AEGs? I'm talking about installing barrels and other internal modifications. If anyone knows a reliable source where I can learn about these things please enlighten me. Thanks!

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
moptopzombie
moptopzombie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group May. 15th, 2008 @ 09:27 PM Reply

WHAZAM!

If you dont want to shell out 80 bucks for a diy kit then I'd suggest talking to the owners of airsoft stores in your area.

</thread>
+++ZSC-airsoft+++

BBS Signature
dogstile
dogstile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group May. 17th, 2008 @ 07:40 PM Reply

frog, your getting somewhere, keep at it! i'm rooting for you :D

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature
dogstile
dogstile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group May. 25th, 2008 @ 03:22 PM Reply

hmm, for anyone who plays woodsball, know of anywhere that sells a folding bipod?

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature
Hell-Frog
Hell-Frog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group May. 27th, 2008 @ 02:16 PM Reply

At 5/25/08 03:22 PM, dogstile wrote: hmm, for anyone who plays woodsball, know of anywhere that sells a folding bipod?

I would just say eBay or here. If you mean like a local shop then no.

On an unrelated note, we've recruited more people. Now we got 6. Only 3 of us are actually good, though. 2 of the other people I thought had a lot of potential, so I thought it'd be fun to work with them. They are just OK now, but they make so many minuscule mistakes that really throw off their game. I figured that sense we are waiting til next season to sign up, might as well take them now and try and make them better, right? Hopefully it'll work.

Everything else has been going perfect. We have been practicing 2 times a week, but good hard practices. Working on every little thing we do wrong. I know it sounds crazy, but in paintball, skill is so close to your opponents that you need to get every little thing down to win. You may see a Pro match on TV or maybe you've been lucky enough to see one in person and you either think 'Wow! They are good!' or 'Wow! I can do that, no problem!' It looks easy, and you may see pros playing and it looks like they aren't doing anything wrong. Except for the fact that they got out.

Basically what I'm saying is every little bit of improvement helps. Every inch of your body exposed is a place to get shot. Every split second you snap out too long is a chance for you to get shot. Every time you head check theres a chance of you getting timed. These little tiny things separates the Pros from everyone else. So to take 16 hours a week to work on one thing is worth it to me.

I just hope that the new people are dedicated enough to practice hard and learn from their mistakes.

dogstile
dogstile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group May. 27th, 2008 @ 04:01 PM Reply

hmm, now i'm really looking, seems that all bipods that fold need me to buy a weaver rail, so for the tippmanns, i'd need a shroud to go on the barrel, then attach a rail, then the bipod

arrrgh money issues strikes again

with speedball, its hard not to make a mistake unless you practice as hard as, well, you do, feet are the hardest things to train in my opinion, i find myself with a foot out naturally and will have to shift it in, never been hit in the foot, never want to

team sounds like its going good, if you ever get a video up of you practicing let me know, it would be nice to see a fellow paintballer, and maybe i could learn a few things

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature
Hell-Frog
Hell-Frog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group May. 29th, 2008 @ 04:45 PM Reply

At 5/27/08 04:01 PM, dogstile wrote:
with speedball, its hard not to make a mistake unless you practice as hard as, well, you do, feet are the hardest things to train in my opinion, i find myself with a foot out naturally and will have to shift it in, never been hit in the foot, never want to

team sounds like its going good, if you ever get a video up of you practicing let me know, it would be nice to see a fellow paintballer, and maybe i could learn a few things

Yeah it's easy to make mistakes. And that foot thing in pretty hard to control too. You have to practice being off balance basically to get it. The only real way to keep your feet planted behind the bunker is the practice in every position, especially the uncomfortable ones.

That sounds like a good idea about posting our practices. I may have to take you up on that in a week or 2.

dogstile
dogstile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group May. 30th, 2008 @ 05:33 PM Reply

pure awesomeness, even then you could use them as training vid's

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature
snapper5
snapper5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group Jun. 2nd, 2008 @ 01:58 PM Reply

btw using this account from now on (this is dogstile)

i'm an asshole
this is my asshole page
thats my asshole signature down there

BBS Signature
JakFro5t
JakFro5t
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group Jun. 2nd, 2008 @ 07:38 PM Reply

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this guy, so I'll post. This is a man named "Borg" and he's from Cotia,Brazil. He is a paintballs GENIUS!

He improvises parts on paintball equipment in some of the coolest ways possible.

Don't feel like spending that $50 for a bought stock? Don't like the styles? Make your own!

He shos how to make a wooden stock mount and wooden stock...

Make your own helmet!

Here he shows how to make a kick-ass paintball helm.

As I said, he is a genius...there are more videos...

--------------------

Also, I'm out for summer break so I hope to go to Butler,Indiana to paintball.

"Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body. It's dirty, obscene, not publicly performed " - Shalashaska-1
ZombieCrew SurvivalRP Siggy by Thimbles

BBS Signature
Hell-Frog
Hell-Frog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group Jun. 2nd, 2008 @ 09:53 PM Reply

Found a short vid of a practice from my old team. Won't help you guys much, but it will help me explain how i got hurt before. You can see those posts with the red padding on them. Personally, I've always been against them all together, but what are you going to do, right?

Here it is anyway. I'll see what I can do about getting a more helpful vid up soon. Just need to get a camera...

snapper5
snapper5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group Jun. 4th, 2008 @ 01:30 PM Reply

nice vid, those posts would annoy me aswell, nothing good about them, there solid, and with people sliding around, there not safe

i'm an asshole
this is my asshole page

BBS Signature
schmeeble
schmeeble
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group Jun. 10th, 2008 @ 01:59 AM Reply

I play paintball

Current setups:

Black '06 Ego - halo hopper - 68/45 draxxus tank

Black Matrix (DM3) - halo hopper - 45/45 PE tank

-----------------------------------
----------

schmeeble
schmeeble
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group Jun. 10th, 2008 @ 02:05 AM Reply

Does anyone here actually play paintball? or know a lot about it? Most people I see on here just have 98C's and just shoot random paintballs into trash cans in their backyard or illegally play with some friends in woods.

----------

Hell-Frog
Hell-Frog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group Jun. 10th, 2008 @ 05:11 PM Reply

At 6/10/08 02:05 AM, schmeeble wrote: Does anyone here actually play paintball? or know a lot about it?

Well, I'm pretty sure I play paintball. I've heard that other people in this club do too. It's just what I hear. I know enough about paintball to answer just about any general question anyone might have. Anything about guns that I don't own, I don't really know. I know my gun and most other high end markers well.

Most people I see on here just have 98C's and just shoot random paintballs into trash cans in their backyard or illegally play with some friends in woods.

You see people on NG that just shoot paintballs into trash cans? That's very hard to believe. And there's nothing illegal about playing paintball in woods. It's called woodsball, if my memory serves correctly, and as long as it's your land or you're allowed to play there by the land's owner, there is nothing illegal about it.

schmeeble
schmeeble
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group Jun. 10th, 2008 @ 06:34 PM Reply

At 6/10/08 05:11 PM, Hell-Frog wrote:
At 6/10/08 02:05 AM, schmeeble wrote: Does anyone here actually play paintball? or know a lot about it?
Well, I'm pretty sure I play paintball. I've heard that other people in this club do too. It's just what I hear. I know enough about paintball to answer just about any general question anyone might have. Anything about guns that I don't own, I don't really know. I know my gun and most other high end markers well.

Most people I see on here just have 98C's and just shoot random paintballs into trash cans in their backyard or illegally play with some friends in woods.
You see people on NG that just shoot paintballs into trash cans? That's very hard to believe. And there's nothing illegal about playing paintball in woods. It's called woodsball, if my memory serves correctly, and as long as it's your land or you're allowed to play there by the land's owner, there is nothing illegal about it.

Haha no thats not what I meant. I know what woodsball is, but those are usually at fields, or enclosed areas made for paintball.

I wasn't really trying to be mean, but eh I guess it was my fault for typing those posts.

----------

snapper5
snapper5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group Jun. 11th, 2008 @ 08:00 PM Reply

schmeeble, i own a 98c

i know you didn't mention it, but it was mentioned in a negative post, so i'll get this out of the way first

its a decent marker, and is great for new players, don't put it down

-
-
-

right, lets start afresh, i'm snapper, or dogstile as i used to post with that name, i'm the general woodsballer around here, nice to meet you *holds out hand to shake yours*

i'm an asshole
this is my asshole page

BBS Signature
schmeeble
schmeeble
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group Jun. 12th, 2008 @ 01:17 AM Reply

(shakes)

Haha, cool. I'm more of a speedballer. Me and my team might play in a local league tournament soon.

But yeah, I guess 98C's are pretty solid guns. Just not as "high-tech."

----------

Hell-Frog
Hell-Frog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group Jun. 12th, 2008 @ 04:09 PM Reply

At 6/12/08 01:17 AM, schmeeble wrote:
Haha, cool. I'm more of a speedballer. Me and my team might play in a local league tournament soon.

Nice. Where do you play, what leagues do you play in, what division, what tourneys are you going to be in. If it's anywhere near where I live, I would love to have a scrimmage with you guys. Finally filled my roster with 12 players, even though we are going to be doing 5 mans and some 3 mans. We are going for D III next season.

kyubbii
kyubbii
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group Jun. 12th, 2008 @ 05:38 PM Reply

i love paintball im trying to make the ultimate high powered paint delivery device

schmeeble
schmeeble
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group Jun. 12th, 2008 @ 07:25 PM Reply

At 6/12/08 04:09 PM, Hell-Frog wrote:
At 6/12/08 01:17 AM, schmeeble wrote:
Nice. Where do you play, what leagues do you play in, what division, what tourneys are you going to be in. If it's anywhere near where I live, I would love to have a scrimmage with you guys. Finally filled my roster with 12 players, even though we are going to be doing 5 mans and some 3 mans. We are going for D III next season.

I play at SCP in the bay area. we might play D6 in a local league called the NCPS. Nice, we aren't good enough for D3 yet, haha.

----------

snapper5
snapper5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group Jun. 14th, 2008 @ 07:37 PM Reply

i assume d3 and d6 means devision 3 and 6 right?

(sorry, speedball n00b here)

i'm an asshole
this is my asshole page

BBS Signature
schmeeble
schmeeble
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group Jun. 14th, 2008 @ 08:52 PM Reply

yeaYeah

----------

Jaketheclonetrooper
Jaketheclonetrooper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group Jun. 14th, 2008 @ 11:43 PM Reply

I'd like to join. I play both paintball and airsoft, however I don't own a marker. My airsoft gun is a MP5SD.