00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

twmimic001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group

79,203 Views | 666 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-02-28 15:14:24

At 2/27/08 05:16 PM, I-FLIP-VANS wrote:
Sure am, I mean, I wouldn't be able to keep up anyway, My DP is missing its ball detents, and there isn't any place that can just send me two metal balls smaller than a finger nail...

Wow, that kinda sucks ass.

But it's always fun owning people with Tippy's!

Yeah it is! I honestly think that a Tippmann is one of - of not the most - fun to shoot. With my gun, as well as almost every other gun I guess, you don't really FEEL the power. With a Tippmann I just feel like I'm shooting farther and more accurate, even though my Ion has a good 30-50 feet on it and is easily twice as accurate, but it FEELS like that, lol.

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-01 05:29:50

and it can make a nice metallic sound when you fire

i play team fortress 2 on EGO servers

gamertag "dog stilez"

i go paintballing often [NG airsoft/paintball group]

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-02 16:00:32

At 2/27/08 12:20 PM, dogstile wrote: indoors is a little rough, although it can be fun...

on a lighter note, i got the collapseable car stock for my 98 custom, awesome!

I demand pictures. I also got to finally taking a picture of my vest. I ordered my Woodland Camo BDUs, which I should be getting soon (hopefully). So right now, I gotta play in my jeans.

Bonus: action shots.

The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-02 18:57:17

i'll dig out my scanner tomorrow, i had to send it back, i needed the one that was ACT compatable

i hated playing today (which will be over in 3 minutes) played against a group all partying a guys birthdays, they wiped, shot point blank repeatedly, went around the boundry to shoot us, ect...

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-02 19:16:30

and of course that made no goddamn sense

had to send the STOCK back, because it was not compatible with the MARKER

the SCANNER is buried somewhere

that should clear it up, note the points of interest

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-02 19:51:09

At 3/2/08 04:00 PM, Snype wrote:
I also got to finally taking a picture of my vest.

Bonus: action shots.

Looks nice. I don't know that much about vests just because I'm not a scenario player, mostly tourneys and X-ball. But it looks like it can hold everything that you'd need.

I ordered my Woodland Camo BDUs, which I should be getting soon (hopefully). So right now, I gotta play in my jeans.

I remembered when I had to play in jeans. Maybe 2 times until I realized how important padded paintball pants are. They always ripped and got dirty to the point where I couldn't even clean them. Surprisingly, even back then (when I was like 11) I was fairly aggressive and loved sliding into bunkers. Those were the good old days, not a care in the world, just playing paintball for fun with your friends.

Can't wait until my 08 Proto pants come. Getting them in olive, obviously, to match my jersey, goggles and of course gun. I've been stuck with the 06 pants for the past 2 years because I didn't like how the 07's looked. They help up great, though. Going about 20-30 times a year and no rips or paint or grass or even mud stains.

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-04 15:35:40

Alright I'm in a bit of a bind here and need some of your opinions. I recently ordered some Proto 08 Olive pants. I came home, saw the box, brought it inside, and cut the box open. And what I saw made me scream! It was JT PRO PANTS! FUCK! Now, I know that they retail for about $40 more than the Proto's that I originally ordered, but all of my apparel is Proto, so I don't want to use the JT pants, even if they retail higher and used by my favorite team, Dynasty. Plus, I actually like the design this year. Way better than the 07's.

Now, I know that I can sell them for $120 at the least, then buy the pants I wanted, but heres the catch. I'm playing this weekend and I don't think I will be able to get the pants in time for Saturday or Sunday at the latest. I would really rather have the Protos, as I am a huge follower of them and love their products.

So here are my options:

1. Play in the JT pants. They are olive and my size, so it isn't THAT bad.

2. Return the pants and ask for them to ship me what I ordered very quickly.

3. Sell the JT pants and go buy the Proto pants at a local shop (Overpriced)

4. Order the Proto pants now, sell the JT pants later. Hopefully the ones I ordered will come fast.

5. Play in the 06 Proto pants for this weekend, sell the JT pants for about $120 or $130, then get the 08 Proto pants.

What do you think?

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-06 11:05:27

play in the JT, its what i would do, if its more expensive, hell, might as well keep it

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-06 15:57:24

At 3/6/08 11:05 AM, dogstile wrote: play in the JT, its what i would do, if its more expensive, hell, might as well keep it

Sigh, that's such a typical response. You people always just assume that the more expensive pants are better. The only things I look for in pants is light weight, good ventilation, light weight and strong enough padding and seams so that they won't rip. The difference between the 2 are so minuscule, that I doubt that I would even notice, and I notice everything from an upgraded board to a new bolt, so that's saying a lot.

Sorry, but do you own paintball pants at all? It seems that the only people who say 'Take the more expensive one' don't have a clue what they are talking about, no offense or anything. It's just that the backing you gave for your choice is an inexperienced and ignorant reason. Just because something is more expensive doesn't make it better by any means.

Oh, and I returned them instead of selling them. I kind of regret it now, though. I just didn't like the design of the JT's at all.

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-06 16:13:09

heh, nope, probably wasn't a good idea for me to respond at all, but i've seen reviews that they were good, thats it really...

and good point, i own a tippmann 98, and i can still keep 5-6 guys back an entire woodsball game with it, even if there all hammering me, so price isn't everything

ah, well, only other reason i could think of keeping the pants, trousers, whatever, is if you wanted to play in the latest gear on that weekend, without any risk of you not having the latest gear

gah, snype, i WILL get those pics up soon

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-06 16:16:54

Finally a group for me, I play paintball and own a tippmann a-5 w/ e-grip.

Nick is awesome and new...

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-06 17:34:06

At 3/6/08 04:13 PM, dogstile wrote: heh, nope, probably wasn't a good idea for me to respond at all, but i've seen reviews that they were good, thats it really...

Yeah, but you can't really listen to people's reviews for most things. Perfect example : I own an Ion and still compete in Amature paintball tournaments and do good. 'Good' being more kills than deaths, and for a front player, that's great. They said 'No way will anyone above novice use an Ion, they aren't good enough.' Right to an extent, but my Ion is faster than a DM6, lighter than a Timmy, and smaller than an Angel 05 speed.

and good point, i own a tippmann 98, and i can still keep 5-6 guys back an entire woodsball game with it, even if there all hammering me, so price isn't everything

Exactly. It isn't the gun, it's the player. But I'd be just full of shit if I told you the marker didn't help.

ah, well, only other reason i could think of keeping the pants, trousers, whatever, is if you wanted to play in the latest gear on that weekend, without any risk of you not having the latest gear

I really did want to play in the newest, best gear, just not in JT gear. I have nothing against JT, in fact, my first gun ever was a JT Excellorator (SP?) 6.0. I just have a really nice Proto jersey and wear a lot of Proto T's, so I would only want to play in Proto pants.

At 3/6/08 04:16 PM, nickisnew wrote: Finally a group for me, I play paintball and own a tippmann a-5 w/ e-grip.

Cool . Welcome to the club! It might be a good idea to put a link to this club in your sig, to get more people to join.

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-07 17:23:08

yeah, but ions are cool, and can be converted into awesome woodsball gear aswell if speedball becomes boring

heres a link to pics i know, its hard to believe that these are ions

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-07 18:25:51

At 3/7/08 05:23 PM, dogstile wrote: yeah, but ions are cool, and can be converted into awesome woodsball gear aswell if speedball becomes boring

I laughed so hard at that, lol. Speedball boring? Pfft!!! Good joke.

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-08 15:26:29

gah, i find it ok,but, i personally prefer woodsball myself, i have no idea why all the local speedball players (about 2 or 3, they have to travel quite a ways to the nearest field) laugh at me when i'm in my camo, its great fun!

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-08 15:49:28

At 3/8/08 03:26 PM, dogstile wrote: gah, i find it ok,but, i personally prefer woodsball myself, i have no idea why all the local speedball players (about 2 or 3, they have to travel quite a ways to the nearest field) laugh at me when i'm in my camo, its great fun!

The general idea of all paintball players is that speedball players will always be better than woodsball players. I play mostly speedball, but every now and then I play some woodsball to relax and get my mind off of all the pressure of tourney ball. I go to a few different outdoor fields and sorry, but I have to say that speedball players are the better of the two categories. They are just laughing at you to make them feel better about themselves. Personally, I respect just about all players. Anyone who is willing to go onto a field with paintballs flying at 240 - 290 fps is respected in my eyes, unless they are the type who just hide behind a bunker and do shit because they are afraid to get shot.

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-08 17:44:42

hey guys, i was thinking about getting a kwa m4. what do you guys think?
linky

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-08 17:53:29

At 3/8/08 05:44 PM, Noobhater626 wrote: hey guys, i was thinking about getting a kwa m4. what do you guys think?
linky

sorry noobhater, can't help you, not an airsoft guy

i see your point hell frog, speedball players are in the shit from the start of play, but try playing 100 a side woodsball on a field only 3 times as big as a speedball field, its insaaaaneeee!

and i hate people who stay in there starting bunkers aswell, it annoys the hell out of me, unless people are taking turns defending, you shouldn't stay back just because you don't want to get shot, if you didn't want that, don't play, because i WILL shoot you, especially if i want to hang that flag myself

that said, if there first timers, i can understand it, but for a few games only, after getting shot a few times you get used to it, but then again, its all dependant on how and where you got hit, the first time you were hit, i withstood a barrage of fire from a bunch of assholes after i was out because they thought it was funny, but if i took that the first time i ever got shot, i wouldn't want to play again

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-08 17:59:53

one quick edit to my last post, i will shoot people on the OTHER team if there hiding behind there starting bunkers, if its on my team, i'll ask them to follow me, that way they'll get to follow someone who knows the fields, get a shot at the enemy learn some decent tactics

(theres one woodsball one i won't tell to everybody, but its good for woodsball games, pm me if you want to know, its the one that lets me hold back 5-6 guys)

and most importantly learn some tips ive picked up off the marshalls

(with flag match's you can make a cape out of the flag, if your hit on the flag while running back, it dosn't count, the flag isn't you)

i like helping people out on the field, and it brings me one step closer every time to the marshalls letting me use my own paint

(why i write all that, i don't know, i just let my hands flow)

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-09 21:15:14

Trust me, I've played in WAY bigger woodsball games that you could possibly imagine. I got to D-Day every year and the Cousin's big game. Just because I prefer speedball doesn't mean I don't like to mess around in the woods :P

Warning : The following is a long ass post about a big ass woodsball game. You have been warned.

The Big Game had over 2,500 players this year. That's over 1,200 players a team! What they did was they made all the fields one, basically. This field is 88 acres and consisted of 9 major sections, though they were all on one huge ass field. The 2 teams, Red and Blue, were split into 3 groups each. They each started with 3 Territories that gained the team 1, 2 or 3 points for every minute held. The 3 pointers were in the middle, where no one controlled at the start, and the teams started with 2 Territories worth 1 point a minute and 1 Territory worth 2 point a minute. There were also special missions that you could do for extra points. There were these Ammo Boxes that were worth 50 points each AND you got a prize for returning them. I returned 2 and got a full bag of field paint (like $30 bucks worth =/) and a smoke grenade. What was even more interesting was there was tanks and a helicopter! If one team got all the required materials, they can call in an airstrike for a good 10 minutes of constant shooting at the other team. What sucked was that you couldn't shoot back. Then the tanks...ohhhh the tanks...They just came whenever the fuck they wanted to. The only way to 'kill' a tank is to shoot it with a Rocket Launcher, which was only given to one person per team. Or a grenade would immobilize it for 5 minutes, still being able to shoot.

And the moral of the story is, of course I can't ever be killed in a woodsball game, even though there were other Amature teams there and a good amount of Novice teams that had good sponsors. I don't think I need to even say anything about D-Day. If you live in the Northeastern U.S. you should know.

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-10 04:13:18

nope, don't know, south-east britain

and 1200 a side? thats unheard of here, but mainly because its in the middle of nowhere, but its a good place to go and gets roughly 50 players, keeps it even for the fields, room to move

failing that, there 100 a side games do get kinda cramped, but its fun

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-10 11:50:52

woah, hey Airsoft is the sickness, my brother owns (I use) two glocks one is the restricted in Canada (Police use it though) glock, and the other one is green. Both are gas-blowback.

I'm in the market for a decent electric auto, most wanted is a P90 (non-TR) Right now I don't care if it's a TM or a CA or what ever, it's just so difficult to find any fair priced asg in Canada and it's near impossible to import due to customs

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-10 15:03:13

At 3/10/08 04:13 AM, dogstile wrote: nope, don't know, south-east britain

and 1200 a side? thats unheard of here, but mainly because its in the middle of nowhere, but its a good place to go and gets roughly 50 players, keeps it even for the fields, room to move

Well it was 2,500 people over 88 acres of woods, so not cramped at all if that's what you were saying.

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-10 15:37:29

At 3/10/08 03:03 PM, Hell-Frog wrote:
At 3/10/08 04:13 AM, dogstile wrote: nope, don't know, south-east britain

Well it was 2,500 people over 88 acres of woods, so not cramped at all if that's what you were saying.

nah, our field is 10 acres of woods, but we don't play straight elimination because it takes to long, we play small senario fields, and i think i prefer it this way

we have simple capture the flag

take the tower match (one tower, middle of the field, you need to work with your team to keep it, almost no cover)

something thats kinda like sabotage in COD4 (grab flag in middle of field, take it to enemy base)

a bridge match (one raised platform, you have to carry a small box across, you can go around it and come up behind the other team on the bridge)

take the tower version 2 (2 towers, have to get in enemys tower and ring the bell)

most of these match's are on smaller fields, i'll have to ask them if they do any bigger games when i next go, only been going to this course a while

you have 88 acres of field at some places? i need to go paintballing on my next holiday over to america

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-10 15:59:39

At 3/10/08 03:37 PM, dogstile wrote:
we have simple capture the flag

That seems to be the biggest game format wherever I go.

something thats kinda like sabotage in COD4 (grab flag in middle of field, take it to enemy base)

That one is really big over here too.

take the tower version 2 (2 towers, have to get in enemys tower and ring the bell)

I tried a game like that a few times. It was really fun the first game where I got the flag up in the enemy's tower, but the second game...Let's just not go there. I posted it a while back and I don't want to relive what happened (might've been under Avenged7fold1)

most of these match's are on smaller fields, i'll have to ask them if they do any bigger games when i next go, only been going to this course a while

The woodsball that I play is mostly small fields too. There are some bigger fields every once in a while, but for the most part you can see them right off the break and some fields you can even get shot off the break. Those are the games I like :)

you have 88 acres of field at some places? i need to go paintballing on my next holiday over to america

Yeah, but the entire place was 88 acres. There are like 30 or more fields that take up about 80 acres(?) I'd say. The rest is for food, parking, shops, the 2 tourney fields, and a place to take care of everything you need for paintball. The only time the full 88 acres will be one field is the Big Game that comes only once a year, sadly.

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-11 13:04:26

the tower can be fun, the last time i went it was the first time i got hit bare skin, or was that the bunkers...

ack, before i forget

bunker match

6 bunkers, 3 on each side of the field, you have to have a live player inside the bunker to hold it, if there is a player from each team in there, its whoever has the most players in there controls it

thats the one i got shot bare skin point blank, cut up my arm, that hurt like hell

-
-
-

my favorite match's are when you can get a shot off the break aswell, you tend to hit quite a few of them if your good (compares best call of duty moments to paintball moment, paintball wins)

i think my best shot off the break was when i shot over at the enemy, and it hit the guy, but it bounced (GAH, bane of my life, players with way to much baggy clothing)

i have yet to complete my first year of paintball, all i know is i have more guts then most of the regulars there (apparently i would be classed as a "dagger" a one man flanking GOD)

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-11 16:47:42

I'm so excited!
Tomorrow im getting my tanks checked out and start paintball in about a month, then getting all my mates together and going up to skirmish

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-11 17:52:50

At 3/11/08 04:47 PM, I-FLIP-VANS wrote: I'm so excited!
Tomorrow im getting my tanks checked out and start paintball in about a month, then getting all my mates together and going up to skirmish

Tank needs to be hydro tested? I hated doing that. It always take forever and its like $40 where I get it done. I actually just buy a new tank instead of getting it re-hyrdo'd. But if you go to skirmish a lot, I'm going May 3rd or 4th or 5th or something like that for a tourney so maybe I'll see you there. Good luck with everything and be sure to check your gun as soon as you get your tank back. The last thing you want is to finally get the tank and your friends together to play and your gun isn't working.

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-12 18:07:13

isn't it cheaper to just buy a new tank anyway?

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-03-12 19:03:42

Well i forget what my airsoft guns called but its a CO2 powered one. My towns has alot of ppl with airsoft guns so if i go riding in my buddies car we can usually find a group with guns and drive by them pretty good. Ive only played a real match once at my friends birthday party. it was 11 of us noobs with crappy walmart guns vs 5 of them with good guns. the only way we ever won was chargeing them