avenged7fold1
avenged7fold1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-10-01 22:00:16 Reply

At 10/1/07 06:13 PM, Lizardcoolz wrote:
Eh I usually keep everyone under heavy fire any distence unless they are about 7 feet away or less since that would just be stupid and noobish of some one to do that.

So you just like to waste paint? Don't get me wrong, I think it's good to provide cover fire, but it sounds like you just waste paint for no reason. You're going to have a hard time hitting people if they are hiding in a bunker. I personally think that the only time it's ok to burn a lane for more than 20 seconds if it's off the break in a tourney, or if you're just giving cover fire for a big run.

Lizardcoolz
Lizardcoolz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-10-03 01:55:44 Reply

At 10/1/07 10:00 PM, avenged7fold1 wrote:
At 10/1/07 06:13 PM, Lizardcoolz wrote:
Eh I usually keep everyone under heavy fire any distence unless they are about 7 feet away or less since that would just be stupid and noobish of some one to do that.
So you just like to waste paint? Don't get me wrong, I think it's good to provide cover fire, but it sounds like you just waste paint for no reason. You're going to have a hard time hitting people if they are hiding in a bunker. I personally think that the only time it's ok to burn a lane for more than 20 seconds if it's off the break in a tourney, or if you're just giving cover fire for a big run.

Well to be honest I usually shoot about 5 balls at the guy(s) hiding in the bunker every time they decide to pop up and thus they hide for about 2-6 seconds and try to pop up again and thus repeat process. But I won't waste paint for no good reason what so ever if I'm in a plot to bunker some one or people, I usually just lay it out so that either my team or whats left of my team rushes in and bunker the others or I'm part of the rushing party and take out the people in the bunker.

Other than that I just usually wander around on my own if I'm not in a raiding plot or party but I'll always remain in one spot for about 20 seconds covered up of course(Talking about woodsball here)then run off down a path for about 15 or 20 feet from my other spot was and wait there the for same time if any one rushes pass me. I'm always 75% of the time alone when I do this.

God Dammit! Bitch Stole my Money!

BBS Signature
Seamonky
Seamonky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-10-03 03:02:06 Reply

At 10/1/07 06:13 PM, Lizardcoolz wrote: Eh I usually keep everyone under heavy fire any distence unless they are about 7 feet away or less since that would just be stupid and noobish of some one to do that.

People are stupid and noobish to actually go up to you and shoot you up close. Those paintballs fucking hurt when you're being hit at a really close range. People these days in paintball.... they never listen to the rules and regulations. :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.
Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature
Lizardcoolz
Lizardcoolz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-10-03 04:30:47 Reply

At 10/3/07 03:02 AM, Seamonky wrote:
At 10/1/07 06:13 PM, Lizardcoolz wrote: Eh I usually keep everyone under heavy fire any distence unless they are about 7 feet away or less since that would just be stupid and noobish of some one to do that.
People are stupid and noobish to actually go up to you and shoot you up close. Those paintballs fucking hurt when you're being hit at a really close range. People these days in paintball.... they never listen to the rules and regulations. :/

I had first hand experience...alot and when I mean alot...I mean after 20 fucking times it happened with a fucking 10 year old kids saying" Did I get you N00bzar?" and when I dripping with about 15 hits of paintballs from the kid as well...

God Dammit! Bitch Stole my Money!

BBS Signature
avenged7fold1
avenged7fold1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-10-03 15:36:47 Reply

I don't know what I hate more. Getting shot 8 times from less than 10 feet or just getting bunkered in tourney play. When I play woodsball or go indoors, I expect NOT to get bunkered, so I play a little less aggressive in my gun fights. But, eventually, someone has to bunker me and I get pissed. I mean PISSED. I start flipping out at the ref, the guy who shot me and even my own team for being either too far back to do anything or just being a bunch of pussies and hiding. Then again, in tournaments, I expect my backs and mids (I've been added as a mid as well as a front due to my low rate of getting to the 50 and sometimes even 40, but I'm still one of our best gun fighters) to watch my back. A part of me expects to get bunkered, when another part of me trys to convince me that my team has my back. So when I get bunkered then, I'm still mad, but I guess I'm not as mad as when I somehow get shot from less than 10 feet with more than 5 balls (Or like 8...).

By the way, what guns are you guys shooting?

Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-10-03 16:00:55 Reply

At 10/3/07 03:02 AM, Seamonky wrote: People are stupid and noobish to actually go up to you and shoot you up close. Those paintballs fucking hurt when you're being hit at a really close range. People these days in paintball.... they never listen to the rules and regulations. :/

Yeah, my brother got hit from five feet away in the chest and he said that it hurt like hell.

BBS Signature
avenged7fold1
avenged7fold1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-10-05 15:17:08 Reply

At 10/3/07 04:00 PM, Twone wrote: Yeah, my brother got hit from five feet away in the chest and he said that it hurt like hell.

It really isn't as bad as everyone says or thinks. Yeah, getting shot from less than 10 feet isn't exactly a "pleasant" feeling, but it's not nearly as bad as people say.

snapper5
snapper5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-10-07 05:29:32 Reply

problem with me is i had the luck of the gods (if you call luck being hit 15 times without the ball exploding "luck") when i get hit, they always bounce off me, it was really annoying me in the last game i played

oh, and try going with your school if you still go to one, we had 100 people shooting paintballs everywhere, it was awesome

i'm an asshole
this is my asshole page
thats my asshole signature down there

BBS Signature
I-FLIP-VANS
I-FLIP-VANS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-10-07 10:35:21 Reply

At 10/3/07 03:36 PM, avenged7fold1 wrote: By the way, what guns are you guys shooting?

DP FUSION, im pretty sure i posted a picture of it a few pages back..

WEll anyway, im finally going my first time in 2 months! My friend from my last tourney team invited me to play with them all, and Im going up to ZJ paintball, formerly, E-Jam indoor, next saturday!

avenged7fold1
avenged7fold1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-10-07 13:33:34 Reply

At 10/7/07 05:29 AM, snapper5 wrote: problem with me is i had the luck of the gods (if you call luck being hit 15 times without the ball exploding "luck") when i get hit, they always bounce off me, it was really annoying me in the last game i played

Hahaha. Why would that be a problem if you get to stay in?Usually staying alive is a good thing :P

FlameAlchemist
FlameAlchemist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-10-15 15:46:52 Reply

Jeez.... Some peoples guns here seriously suck ass.
I have an Echo1 Vector Arms AK47. Fully Metal, shoots 400 fps, a 600 high cap mag, Metal RIS system, Metal gearbox, gears, and bushings, metal sights, metal trigger, and a large 8.4v battery.

LOLNOWAI

BBS Signature
avenged7fold1
avenged7fold1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-10-15 16:19:06 Reply

At 10/15/07 03:46 PM, FlameAlchemist wrote: seriously suck ass.

Speaking of suck ass, I forgot to mention how we didn't even place in 2 of the 3 tourneys we entered. All 3 of them were 5 man amature tourneys playing best of 3. I'm thinking about going to another team, mostly because our backs suck major ass. I personally did great in the 2 that we lost, but did horrible in the tourney where we came in 3rd. In the first 2 tourneys we decided to enter, we played a total of 6 teams and 15 matches. I was on fire and got 22 (or 24, there's some dispute about who got some of them out) kills, including 6 captains and only got out 8 times (really good considering I was told I'd be better at mid). The third tourney was the one we placed 3rd in. We played 4 different teams and had 10 matches in total. I decided to switch to mid because a lot of people have been pressuring me into switching. In those 10 matches, I got 6 people out and got out 8 times. I'm staying front for our next tourney in 2 weeks, which will be an amature 7 man best of 5 tourney.

Seamonky
Seamonky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-10-15 16:28:19 Reply

At 10/3/07 04:00 PM, Twone wrote: Yeah, my brother got hit from five feet away in the chest and he said that it hurt like hell.

You should see the fucking guys on Youtube that take off their shirts and they get hit up close and personal by a paint ball gun. That must hurt like a bitch. :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.
Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature
avenged7fold1
avenged7fold1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-10-24 15:19:28 Reply

Great news! We just picked up one of the best novice backs that we could find! His team broke up, and it was only novice, but our capt. thinks he will be able to make the leap to amature within the first few tourneys. For the most part, the team is riding on this guy playing good. If we don't win one of our next 3 tourneys (2 5-man and 1 7-man), our best front is going to join another team, and if he leaves, 2 of our mids are going, then that leaves 9 of us. I will probably quit the team too, just because me and one of the mids worked amazing together. Then I was told that if I leave, the only other decent front is leaving and then no one will want to stay due to the fact that almost all of our stats, winning or losing, involves the fronts playing aggressive and winning gun fights. Our last practice is tomorrow, then we get ready for our first 7-man tourney ever.

GoldOps018
GoldOps018
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-10-24 23:15:09 Reply

Hey guys, sorry I've been out for a while, me and my team were in Russia for a tourney for the past month so I couldnt get on the internet for a while. Basically since last time I posted I pretty much have all the upgrades I need for my gun: Response trigger, 14 inch barrel (got rid of the flatline), 330+ round hopper, new designz aircraft grade aluminum power tube and delrin bolt assembly, shoch-tech front bolt, and JCS Jet Click Shaft and Ratchet. Oh yeah and I have a camo graphics kit coming in next week. I didnt really find the need for a shoulder stock though cause I personally feel comfortable without one. The tourney was fucking awesome, we placed 11th out of 17 teams so we didnt do too good, but it was worth the trip, I had a hell of a time. Oh yeah and Avenged I finally got ride of the goalie pants, now i just where shin guards, JT knee pads and a cup (Until I save up for slider shorts) under my woodland camo pants and.....*sigh* you were right, I do feel more flexible and move faster.

BBS Signature
avenged7fold1
avenged7fold1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2007-10-25 15:12:10 Reply

At 10/24/07 11:15 PM, GoldOps018 wrote: Hey guys, sorry I've been out for a while, me and my team were in Russia for a tourney for the past month so I couldnt get on the internet for a while. Basically since last time I posted I pretty much have all the upgrades I need for my gun: Response trigger, 14 inch barrel (got rid of the flatline), 330+ round hopper, new designz aircraft grade aluminum power tube and delrin bolt assembly, shoch-tech front bolt, and JCS Jet Click Shaft and Ratchet. Oh yeah and I have a camo graphics kit coming in next week. I didnt really find the need for a shoulder stock though cause I personally feel comfortable without one. The tourney was fucking awesome, we placed 11th out of 17 teams so we didnt do too good, but it was worth the trip, I had a hell of a time. Oh yeah and Avenged I finally got ride of the goalie pants, now i just where shin guards, JT knee pads and a cup (Until I save up for slider shorts) under my woodland camo pants and.....*sigh* you were right, I do feel more flexible and move faster.

Good to see you're back, it's been kind of inactive for the past few weeks. But Russia?? Must've been some good competition out there. Our team doesn't travel anywhere out of the U.S because we'd have to pay for the trip ourselves and no one wants to do that. Sounds like some nice ups, but what's up with the 330 round hopper? I just felt like I had to ask. I don't really look at the place you came in as a good indication of how you did. Sometimes when our team places in the top 3, I still feel like we did bad sometimes. Same thing when we don't place at all, every now and then I think we played good, but the other teams just had either more luck or were just straight up better than us. The only way to get better is to play better teams and figure out what you did wrong.

dogstile
dogstile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-01-02 06:34:17 Reply

At 10/7/07 01:33 PM, avenged7fold1 wrote:
At 10/7/07 05:29 AM, snapper5 wrote: problem with me is i had the luck of the gods (if you call luck being hit 15 times without the ball exploding "luck") when i get hit, they always bounce off me, it was really annoying me in the last game i played
Hahaha. Why would that be a problem if you get to stay in?Usually staying alive is a good thing :P

well, this is my new account

the reason for it being annoying was because they all hit my thigh and after those shots it fucking hurt

got my tippmann 98 now, and i play up at skirmish lasham, good place, bridge battles amazing, last time i played i got behind there team in the 1st and 4th game, and mowed them down, although some people required about 10 paintballs to the groin before they decided to go off the field

i play team fortress 2 on EGO servers
gamertag "dog stilez"
i go paintballing often [NG airsoft/paintball group]

BBS Signature
I-FLIP-VANS
I-FLIP-VANS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-01-02 10:06:29 Reply

Skirmish? The one up in Jim Thorpe, PA?

I'm going back there in about 2 weeks with my friend, my friends lakehouse is right around the corner, I've been up there 8 times so far.

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-01-02 13:29:39 Reply

This seems like a good place to ask some airsoft-related questions so thoughtful answers would be greatly appreciated.

This weekend I plan on purchasing an airsoft sniper (I forgot to ask what model it was) and I want to take good care of it so I plan on buying some lube spray. I want to know how much I need to spray down the barrel and if there are any other areas that ought to be lubed for max performance.

Also, I'm thinking about buying .3g metal bullets as well (so people will hesitate to call it a toy and also for "emergency" situations), would anyone recommend such an ammunition for a sniper? Of course, I'll more likely be using plastic .2's or .25's for normal target practice in the yard.

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
PhoenixTails
PhoenixTails
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-01-02 15:23:40 Reply

I have played airsoft with friends before and I own a Crossman full-auto PulseR70 and uh...an S/R IND. Series 1900 pistol with 2 clips. I would like to start playing competitively, and was wondering if somebody could tell me what is a good pistol, an assault-rifle type thing, and a sniper rifle if you've got the time. Also does it make that much of a difference whether you have spring or gas powered/electric? Cocking my pistol never bothered me.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

dogstile
dogstile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-01-03 06:13:44 Reply

At 1/2/08 10:06 AM, I-FLIP-VANS wrote: Skirmish? The one up in Jim Thorpe, PA?

I'm going back there in about 2 weeks with my friend, my friends lakehouse is right around the corner, I've been up there 8 times so far.

nope, i'm in britain, skirmish lashams a good place in the middle of nowhere, although i would love to paintball in america, maybe next time i'm on holiday

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature
Snype
Snype
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-01-04 22:27:19 Reply

Finally, I got a decent picture of all my gear. I always wanted a display. There's a big ass empty space there because it's reserved for my Ariakon Overlord RX pistol that I recently ordered, hence the 12 gram powerlets. The damn thing is out of stock so I'm going to have to wait for like two damn years (obviously an exageration) until I receive it. I want to get it already! It was supossed to be a Christmas present, but seems to me it'll be a birthday present.

The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group

BBS Signature
dogstile
dogstile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-01-05 16:33:10 Reply

nice gear, what mod is that

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature
Snype
Snype
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-01-05 17:26:24 Reply

At 1/5/08 04:33 PM, dogstile wrote: nice gear, what mod is that

Well, it's a stock Tippmann 98 Custom. All I did was add a Crosman Tactical Sight and a Bossman Industries Magazine Well. It was quite cheap, got it off of ebay for $40.00 including the shipping.

The damnest thing is that on Ebay most things are cheap, they just get expensive because of the the massive S&H fees that apply (at least to Canada). For example, the Red Dot sight I'm going to soon purchase is at a base price of $15.00 (a bargain, considering that in stores it's $50.00) and with the S&H it's going to jump to close to $30.00.

BBS Signature
dogstile
dogstile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-01-05 20:29:57 Reply

i'm going to have to start checking ebay again...

and i knew it was a tippmann 98 custom, ive got one, tested it out in the field a few days back, i would love to have better sights for it, the "iron" sights i have arn't as good as i would have hoped

at the moment i'm using just a stock tippmann 98, with a 20oz co2 canister

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature
KrookedK
KrookedK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-01-05 22:47:27 Reply

I LOVE airsoft I own WE High capa 45 full metal gas operated airsoft gun with upgraded spring adjustment, 4x30 P4 Sniper Crosshair Scope SC430B, added laser sight, High cap magazine, custom made tight bore barrel, handle has been made out of steel, upgrade extra fine sight when used without scope, and is out now for an upgraded rib style barrel for extra accurucy and less recoil and less weight.
even though Thats my only gun (HANDGUN) It kicks some MAJOR ASS!!! with an FPS of 520 this can make someone bleed!! spent about $480 on it.

KrookedK
KrookedK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-01-05 22:59:23 Reply

At 7/19/06 02:01 PM, Jack-knife wrote: .. trying to keep it alive

come on! breathe damn you! breathe! whew stayin alive.... for now

dogstile
dogstile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-01-06 06:29:15 Reply

it'll stay alive

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature
dogstile
dogstile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-01-07 19:58:19 Reply

breathe dammit breathe!

gamertag "dog stilez"

BBS Signature
PhoenixTails
PhoenixTails
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Airsoft/paintball Group 2008-01-08 18:53:10 Reply

*Performs CPR on the topic*

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to stand by and do nothing.