TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-18 11:31:03 Reply

We've been noticing that despite constant critisism, users have been flocking to celebrity dress-up games. Wade and I got kinda goofy this week and made some of our own!

I just uploaded DBZ Dress-Up Bulma to the Portal (yes, this is the first time I ever uploaded anything to the Portal).

Wade uploaded Backstreet Boy Dress-Up and Anna Kournikova Dress-Up - both are doing really well!

Amazingly, Zeebarf and I are still working on Disorderly. It is getting close to being finished, and I think it will be the most complex Flash game ever made, anywhere! This is just the start, though - Zeebarf and I are planning two more games, so if you love Disorderly, you will really love these.

Here's the really crazy news... Zeebarf has been whipping up some new looks for Pico. Think of the original Pico as the original Mickey Mouse, with the new one being much better. The big question is IF Pico should change. He is pretty cool in his current form, but I feel like I can't do a lot with him animation-wise. I will have some sample pictures up soon and we can do a vote. What does everyone think of the idea of an updated Pico?

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Septimus
Septimus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-18 11:53:02 Reply

At 5/18/01 11:31 AM, TomFulp wrote: We've been noticing that despite constant critisism, users have been flocking to celebrity dress-up games. Wade and I got kinda goofy this week and made some of our own!

I just uploaded DBZ Dress-Up Bulma to the Portal (yes, this is the first time I ever uploaded anything to the Portal).

Wade uploaded Backstreet Boy Dress-Up and Anna Kournikova Dress-Up - both are doing really well!

Amazingly, Zeebarf and I are still working on Disorderly. It is getting close to being finished, and I think it will be the most complex Flash game ever made, anywhere! This is just the start, though - Zeebarf and I are planning two more games, so if you love Disorderly, you will really love these.

Here's the really crazy news... Zeebarf has been whipping up some new looks for Pico. Think of the original Pico as the original Mickey Mouse, with the new one being much better. The big question is IF Pico should change. He is pretty cool in his current form, but I feel like I can't do a lot with him animation-wise. I will have some sample pictures up soon and we can do a vote. What does everyone think of the idea of an updated Pico?

I liked how you could change the shirt’s phrases. (And the preset phrases were funny too, very un-Shirt Tales.) But please Tom; promise us no more dress ups. My eyes are going to bleed at the next excuse for gratuitous nudity.

An update Pico could be cool, though simple is good. I guess it all depends on his look. Any chance for previews of the new char designs?

-Septy.

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-18 11:58:29 Reply

At 5/18/01 11:53 AM, Septimus wrote: I liked how you could change the shirt’s phrases. (And the preset phrases were funny too, very un-Shirt Tales.) But please Tom; promise us no more dress ups. My eyes are going to bleed at the next excuse for gratuitous nudity.

Nudity rules!

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
Septimus
Septimus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-18 13:40:25 Reply

At 5/18/01 11:58 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Nudity rules!

Only if it's not pandering to the lowest common denominator. Or in my bedroom... :)

Epic
Epic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-18 13:40:26 Reply

Just not male nudity!

maxtreme
maxtreme
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-18 14:10:48 Reply

At 5/18/01 11:31 AM, TomFulp wrote:

I can't wait to see the new Pico!!!

DaFreak
DaFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-18 14:31:36 Reply

You guys can say what u like but there are cool dress-up dolls, although u mostly undress them...

EvilWallPaper
EvilWallPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-18 14:49:28 Reply

At 5/18/01 02:31 PM, DaFreaK_B_ wrote: You guys can say what u like but there are cool dress-up dolls, although u mostly undress them...

if you really like dress up dols try these things there called KISS dolls i dunno why there called that but its basically the same and theres fucking loads of em

http://otakuworld.com/kiss/dolls/

Dress-Up Fun and more...

SilentEye
SilentEye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-18 16:05:39 Reply

At 5/18/01 11:31 AM, TomFulp wrote: We've been noticing that despite constant critisism, users have been flocking to celebrity dress-up games. Wade and I got kinda goofy this week and made some of our own!

Pico update would be awsome but i will still love the original

McFretN
McFretN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-18 17:09:17 Reply

Hahaha!!! gotta love the boots with the FISH swimming in them!! hilarious! hehe... hurry up with disorderly :-)

Joel123
Joel123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-18 20:04:21 Reply

do not change my lovable hugable fuckable lickable
pico

PoopMuffin
PoopMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-18 20:12:26 Reply

Nudity rules!

I totally agree! But, I won't be able to make up my mind about the Pico thing unless I get a preview. As long as the style doesn't change drastically (e.g. going from being a cute little short guy to 5' photo-realistic guy). I'm like that frog you try to boil, you gotta do it slowly. Or I'll object and say "F*ck you Tom! Give me my old Pico!" Thats my 2 cents. Now give me my money!

thespook
thespook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-19 03:31:03 Reply

How dare you upstage me Tom! Mary's crying because of you!

thespook
thespook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-19 03:42:21 Reply

Screw that cyber arm idea for pico, but definitely make him look more... mature-audiencey. He should still resemble an 8 year old, but an 8 year old out of a Todd Mcfarlane comic.

REZN8
REZN8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-19 07:53:06 Reply

An updated Pico could be a good idea as long as it isn't too drastic. The thing that I love about Pico is his innocent look and simple design. I like the way his head takes up 50% of his height, his solid white eyes, and his orange hair. He is a very unique character that resembles no other character I've ever seen. As long as the basic design of Pico is intact an update wouldn't hurt.

But is an update necessary or just for a change? Does the design of Pico 2 have a very different feel graphically from the original that requires an updated Pico? You mentioned Zeebarf has whipped up some new looks for Pico. Does that mean Pico 2 will have his drawing style for Pico and your style for the rest of the game?

I'll just have to wait and see the sample pics and vote I suppose. It'd be nice if you put up Pico 2 in the Alphas too.

RandomFire
RandomFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-19 10:38:24 Reply

Yes! YES!!! Pico and his friends are amazing mascots for Newgrounds, but if you were to do them in teenager form, realistic and stuff, it would change Pico thouroughly. You should always keep the origianal Pico as a Mascot for stuff like 'The Button to a Pico Movie'. Stuff like that. Picture Origianal Pico as the chibi version of Real Pico.

Washooy-shon
Washooy-shon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-19 11:05:55 Reply

i think that newgrounds should put on 'dead baby dress up 2' it has so many more clothing and stuff like that and the people who thought the first one was good they will love this one so please consider it.

vdibv
vdibv
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-19 16:13:37 Reply

At 5/18/01 11:58 AM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 5/18/01 11:53 AM, Septimus wrote: I liked how you could change the shirt’s phrases. (And the preset phrases were funny too, very un-Shirt Tales.) But please Tom; promise us no more dress ups. My eyes are going to bleed at the next excuse for gratuitous nudity.
Nudity rules!

i think its neat!!!!

Videodrone
Videodrone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-19 16:17:31 Reply

I know this doesn't have any relevance to anything Tom said but I can't view the portal anymore. Its stuck with the same stuff for the past two weeks. Can anyone help me?

UltimateRage
UltimateRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-20 10:44:42 Reply

joliet-jane
joliet-jane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-20 14:24:06 Reply

Updated Pico sounds like a gr8 idea; besides, he's a little older by noe, I'm sure. Years and months are a lot longer in child time, and kids do a lot of mental/physical development at speeds and amount that adults don't and other psychobable stuff.
...hey, um...has NG been hacked? That Mr.Monkey movie was a piece of shit and should've been deleted, or turd of the week, not #1 of the day!!!! I refuse to believe that this was voted on--please say it was hackers, or maybe there was a shift in time and we went back to April 1 long enuf 4 that 2b submitted! Gaaahh!

BaldGuyWithaHat
BaldGuyWithaHat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-20 14:49:23 Reply

Change pico!? You bastard!!

Dress-Up Fun and more...

pimpchino
pimpchino
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-20 20:20:52 Reply

i personally think that some of the dress up games are funny as hell, but as for a pico remake...i am against it...i remember pico liberating the school way back when from the alien dudes and he has been classic since...so yeah im against a re-animation of pico

MaddJoka
MaddJoka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-21 04:05:43 Reply

Mickey was updated and revised little by little over dozens of films. Still, he is easily recognizable from his first picture to his last. While I don't expect seventy years of transition for Pico, I would prefer that the change be subtle, something that made Pico more 21st Century, but not something that made him a different boy entirely.

Like Poopmuffin said, if we suddenly see a new 3D-rendered, 15-year-old, 5-foot-10 Pico, I'm gonna be ticked. Pico's charm lies in his childishness, combined with his drug use and his bloodlust and his equally fukked-up friends. If you want a totally different character, then invent a brother for Pico, or a shellshocked Vietnam Vet-turned-teacher, or something like that. Or, of course, you could do sort of a comic-book thing and have a special Pico movie where he's bionic, and one where he's riased from the dead, and so forth, or have different NG animators take a swing at redefining Pico. But please don't go giving Pico an overnight makeover and changing him into something that we wouldn't recognize. Of course, having been around Newgrounds for as long as I have, I'm sure I'm just telling you something you already know.

Okay, I've said my three thousand words, I'll go now.

Dress-Up Fun and more...

Triple-A
Triple-A
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-21 12:44:01 Reply

I don't care. Just post the samples.

KinkyKraze
KinkyKraze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-21 19:56:54 Reply

Don't change Pico! It's a Newgrounds classic and shouldn't be messed with, as well as FDA, Telebubbies, etc. Leave it be. If you want to improve something, improve the portal. Somehow things that are rated 1.23 become number one. Explain.

MEGAginge
MEGAginge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-21 20:25:32 Reply

I like how Pico looks now but I wouldn't mind a new look for him.

FuzzyBunny
FuzzyBunny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-21 21:42:18 Reply

Cute job, and well polished. :) Only problem is, I can't vote on it in Linux. With netscape 6 and flash 5 I get:

"Error - it looks like you do not have the latest version of Flash installed on your computer. You need it to be able to vote on the Portal. If you would like to download it, follow this link and come right back!"

I sure do have it! Everything else works fine except voting.. A problem with your browser detection code for the vote page?

DrunkDriver
DrunkDriver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-21 23:43:22 Reply

I think that you should have Pico 2, where Pico fights the black guys last seen in Picos school

dabodach
dabodach
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Dress-Up Fun and more... 2001-05-22 00:34:29 Reply

An updated Pico is a good thing.