00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best Audio Programs for a Mac

870 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Best Audio Programs for a Mac 2006-07-15 03:30:48

Hey

was a pc user before and used fruity loops to produce music
was perfectly happy with it
so it was natural that i went out and bought a mac
so i have this mac
that came with Garage Band, which i fooled around with a bit
but it just wasn't the same
so i was just wonderin if there are any good audio programs for the
mac similar to fruity loops
thanks

Response to Best Audio Programs for a Mac 2006-07-15 03:45:26

Hm... I heard logic pro is pretty good. Actually, why did you get a mac If you liked FL studio so much?

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to Best Audio Programs for a Mac 2006-07-15 05:17:34

Who buys macs... The're made to be sold.

Response to Best Audio Programs for a Mac 2006-07-16 00:25:45

Plenty of good programs...

Logic Express is a better deal unless you REALLY think you'll use all the features of pro. Logic Express is a midi BEAST.

Reason 3. A great midi sequencer, costs a lot, and doesn't have audio support. Go with Logic instead.

Pro Tools LE. You can buy the newer MBox 2 and it comes with Pro Tools LE. I'm looking into this deal myself...seems like a GREAT idea. Check it out further on google.

Response to Best Audio Programs for a Mac 2006-07-16 15:20:30

Yeah Garageband is very basic and limiting compared to Logic Pro or Express. If you got a student discount then you can cut a hefty amount out of the price by getting the student discount. Or at least have a buddy that is a student get it for you if you aren't one haha.

Galbadia Hotel, free, complete and rare anime/videogame soundtracks!

BBS Signature

Response to Best Audio Programs for a Mac 2006-07-16 15:24:24

Check out Digital Performer, too. A lot of people perfer it over Logic Pro, and vice versa (like Cubase vs Sonar).

BBS Signature

Response to Best Audio Programs for a Mac 2006-07-16 22:28:17

for a mac the perfect program is a shotgun blast and a dropkick out a third floor window. go back to pc 'cause macs are shit. don't let anybody ever tell you any different. if they try and explain why they have a mac or why macs are ok call them a fuckin' tool and then shoot them. macs are Good for nothin' but people that refuse to learn how to use a computer or are to fuckin' (sexual orientational slur [even though not directed towards said groups of people] deleted) to realize reality.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to Best Audio Programs for a Mac 2006-07-16 22:35:51

At 7/16/06 10:28 PM, mhb wrote: for a mac the perfect program is a shotgun blast and a dropkick out a third floor window. go back to pc 'cause macs are shit. don't let anybody ever tell you any different. if they try and explain why they have a mac or why macs are ok call them a fuckin' tool and then shoot them. macs are Good for nothin' but people that refuse to learn how to use a computer or are to fuckin' (sexual orientational slur [even though not directed towards said groups of people] deleted) to realize reality.

I know a lot more people who have switched from windows to mac than vice versa. The only reason I'm not using a Mac is because I can't build my own. I build all of my computers so I know they are put together right, and with quality parts. However, the fact that you can run Windows on a mac now means any audio program can be in your library. Plus, from a studio's perspective, It's a lot cheaper to buy one workstation computer that is compatable with everything than two workstation computers. Many people who bring work to recording studios use Pro-tools, but there are also some who bring files in Logic format. If you don't want to have to turn someone down because of software compatability, getting a mac is a whole lot cheaper.

I'm not getting a mac unless they let you build your own (which may not ever happen). But if we could, I'd be switching.

BBS Signature

Response to Best Audio Programs for a Mac 2006-07-21 14:57:00

thanks for all the suggestions

if you have more feel free to keep on posting
im all ears

Response to Best Audio Programs for a Mac 2006-07-21 16:24:00

At 7/16/06 10:28 PM, mhb wrote: for a mac the perfect program is a shotgun blast and a dropkick out a third floor window. go back to pc 'cause macs are shit.

Haven't I brought you up on this already? Some people just don't listen. If I remember rightly you cowed down and had no viable defence for your argument. Go back to your corner and stop with the Mac-bashing because you feel they should be destroyed.

Logic Pro 7 pwns all PC music software.

Response to Best Audio Programs for a Mac 2006-07-21 16:31:36

Haha i agree, as far as music production goes, Macs are FAR superior. Ever wonder why nearly all professional studios are mac based??

Response to Best Audio Programs for a Mac 2006-07-21 16:33:52

Thank you.

A complete aside, but how many video editing suites are on PCs? Hooray for Avid, the most un-intuitive program I have ever seen. Though FCP5 is not actually as diverse, it's a billion times easier and more efficient to use, and when coupled with Magic Bullet, I'd say it is better. Score for Mac again.

Response to Best Audio Programs for a Mac 2006-07-21 16:37:43

Also you can get that MASSIVE 30" screen for the mac now, which is handy for those kinda things

Response to Best Audio Programs for a Mac 2006-07-21 16:41:03

Mac-3, PC-0. Unless you want a customised uber-machine for games, then PC will score 1. That's why I have one of each :D.

Response to Best Audio Programs for a Mac 2006-07-21 16:46:48

Macs with dual core intel technology...surely another point for macs?