Be a Supporter!

This is what you call a hypocrite

  • 1,057 Views
  • 33 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
DUDECOW
DUDECOW
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 00:18:56 Reply

Before i get to the point, I'll tell you a little story of what just happened to today at... exactly 6:32 PM at dinner or you can just skip the whole thing and get straight to the point
-------------------
We had a family get-together and as any normal american family (At least normal for me) we have liberal-democratic and concervative-republican sides in our family. The grown ups (30-60 year olds) were having a political conversation that usually ends up with one side leaving in a mad rage. The liberals were argueing about how Al Gore is such a great man. My little cousin( 10 year old) turned to me and asked "Who is Al gore?" and I go " A idiotic hypocrite"
------------------
Which leads to this- Mr. Al Gore, a hero in the eyes of many enviroMENTALists and liberals, goes around the world preaching about how we're "Killing this planet with all of our poisonous gases" from cars and such - IN HIS PRIVATE JET - thus destroying the Ozone, leading to global warming, which leads to the melting of our ice caps and leading to a biblical scene of Noah's Ark.
Now remember the part about HIS PRIVATE JET? That thing on that global trip, emitted and took up more gas then the whole city of New York in a YEAR.
Preaching about humans killing the earth
+Emitting more gas then a year or New York(ians)?
=======================================
Hypocrite

Please excuse any typos that were or may have been made in this post, I am very tierd and can't go to sleep for reasons

DUDECOW
DUDECOW
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 00:24:05 Reply

And to add to this, we've been emitting these gases for years, even methane. THATS IN OURS AND EVERY OTHER ANIMALS' FLATULENCE, or as you immature people know it as, farts.
The Earth redoes itself and even if we stop emitting these poisonous gases from cars, planes, and all other forms of technology- we'll resort back to medieval era with swords and sheilds and no guns, where everything is done by hand, walking miles to our jobs as farmers and so. Do you really want that enviromentalists?

Gendo
Gendo
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 00:24:16 Reply

For the win.

Jayemare
Jayemare
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 00:24:55 Reply

Gulfstream Liberals is the term used to describe the rich enviromentalists that preach about saving the earth all while living in huge mansions and flying in private jets.

BTW, a cross-country roundtrip in a gulfstream burns the same amount of gas a hummer driven for two years would (and releases the same amount of pollution)

softhelmetPRIDE
softhelmetPRIDE
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 00:25:01 Reply

lol?.......well at least he's talking about it...i don't know if he's using it for political leavrage, all i know is this things will be known, about the enviroment. Just because the person defending these things is questionable doesn't mean the subject is. this political bickering is retarded, look to the things that matter

Guitarmy
Guitarmy
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 00:26:08 Reply

mmm Source?

spacejelly
spacejelly
  • Member since: Feb. 18, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 00:27:13 Reply

im not reading that shit


teh teh the teh theh theh teh teh the heh theheht hehth teh

BBS Signature
softhelmetPRIDE
softhelmetPRIDE
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 00:29:07 Reply

The Earth redoes itself and even if we stop emitting these poisonous gases from cars, planes, and all other forms of technology- we'll resort back to medieval era with swords and sheilds and no guns, where everything is done by hand, walking miles to our jobs as farmers and so. Do you really want that enviromentalists?

what?.....enviromentalists aren't saying that we should reduce all of our advancement they're just saying that this advancement might be overloading the carbon cycle. I'm not going to go deficate into the ground just because if I do it inside it'll waste water. We just have to develop technolodgy and ways to reduce these things

for example cars can go in 3 person car lanes to reduce the amount of people on the road using cars.

ImmoralLibertarian
ImmoralLibertarian
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Writer
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 00:30:05 Reply

At 7/15/06 12:18 AM, DUDECOW wrote: Now remember the part about HIS PRIVATE JET? That thing on that global trip, emitted and took up more gas then the whole city of New York in a YEAR.

You moron.


"Men have had the vanity to pretend that the whole creation was made for them, while in reality the whole creation does not suspect their existence." - Camille

VigilanteNighthawk
VigilanteNighthawk
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 00:38:04 Reply

At 7/15/06 12:24 AM, DUDECOW wrote: And to add to this, we've been emitting these gases for years, even methane. THATS IN OURS AND EVERY OTHER ANIMALS' FLATULENCE, or as you immature people know it as, farts.
The Earth redoes itself and even if we stop emitting these poisonous gases from cars, planes, and all other forms of technology- we'll resort back to medieval era with swords and sheilds and no guns, where everything is done by hand, walking miles to our jobs as farmers and so. Do you really want that enviromentalists?

Something tells me you need this site if you can't tell the difference between limiting emissions and doing away entirely with them. Your argument is complete bullshit because very few people are espousing the sort of measures you are suggesting in this. Oh noes, the evil liberals are going to make it harder for you to buy your hummer, which is costing you more over 3.5 times more to operate per unit distance than your average hybrid (I'm using the lowest end average mileage my mother gets in her prius, which is 35 mpg). Hell, my old neon, which had a standard transmission, was getting that type of gas mileage when the engine died. Really, many of the things being done to combat global warming do so by increasing energy efficiency, which saves everyone money in the long run. Just because a liberal says it doesn't mean its inherently wrong.

As for Al Gore, yeah, I guess the jet does make him a hypocrite.


The Internet is like a screwdriver. You can use it to take an engine apart and understand it, or you can see how far you can stick it in your ear until you hit resistance.

Guitarmy
Guitarmy
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 00:40:18 Reply

Something tells me you're a moron for owning a dodge neon.

STTRP!

SkunkyFluffy
SkunkyFluffy
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 00:44:13 Reply

Actually, I believe Mr. Gore flies commercially for the majority of his trips. He does not own a private jet.


He followed me home, can I keep him?

BBS Signature
VigilanteNighthawk
VigilanteNighthawk
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 03:02:59 Reply

At 7/15/06 12:40 AM, Guitarmy wrote: Something tells me you're a moron for owning a dodge neon.

STTRP!

I got it for under half the blue book, and I didn't have a lot of cash. More desperate. And yes, that car did suck.


The Internet is like a screwdriver. You can use it to take an engine apart and understand it, or you can see how far you can stick it in your ear until you hit resistance.

VigilanteNighthawk
VigilanteNighthawk
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 03:27:38 Reply

I also forgot, it was the only car in my price range at the time that had less than 100000 miles and was stick. The stickshift was what sealed it.


The Internet is like a screwdriver. You can use it to take an engine apart and understand it, or you can see how far you can stick it in your ear until you hit resistance.

Gunter45
Gunter45
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 04:51:05 Reply

At 7/15/06 12:18 AM, DUDECOW wrote: thus destroying the Ozone, leading to global warming, which leads to the melting of our ice caps and leading to a biblical scene of Noah's Ark.

The depletion of the ozone layer doesn't lead to global warming. They're seperate, but slightly related in that a lot of chemicals, like CFCs and NO2, which deplete ozone, are also greenhouse gasses. Holes in the ozone layer don't let more heat in, they simply let in more UV rays, those rays don't heat the world up so much as give us cancer. Greenhouse gasses create a layer of their own in the atmosphere, insulating it like a blanket.


Think you're pretty clever...

BBS Signature
MaagicSttick
MaagicSttick
  • Member since: Jun. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 12:31:58 Reply

At 7/15/06 12:18 AM, DUDECOW wrote: Before i get to the point, I'll tell you a little story of what just happened to today at... exactly 6:32 PM at dinner or you can just skip the whole thing and get straight to the point
-------------------
We had a family get-together and as any normal american family (At least normal for me) we have liberal-democratic and concervative-republican sides in our family. The grown ups (30-60 year olds) were having a political conversation that usually ends up with one side leaving in a mad rage. The liberals were argueing about how Al Gore is such a great man. My little cousin( 10 year old) turned to me and asked "Who is Al gore?" and I go " A idiotic hypocrite"
------------------
Which leads to this- Mr. Al Gore, a hero in the eyes of many enviroMENTALists and liberals, goes around the world preaching about how we're "Killing this planet with all of our poisonous gases" from cars and such - IN HIS PRIVATE JET - thus destroying the Ozone, leading to global warming, which leads to the melting of our ice caps and leading to a biblical scene of Noah's Ark.
Now remember the part about HIS PRIVATE JET? That thing on that global trip, emitted and took up more gas then the whole city of New York in a YEAR.
Preaching about humans killing the earth
+Emitting more gas then a year or New York(ians)?
=======================================
Hypocrite

Please excuse any typos that were or may have been made in this post, I am very tierd and can't go to sleep for reasons

hahahahahaha I can really believe this. I was just wondering where you found the info about Gore's jet? I know it's true but I was just wondering. I bet you all politics in the U.S.A. use more gas than the 6 billion people on the earth do. However politics are good at lying and sweeping things under the carpet. my thoughts....

-M

MindControlFun
MindControlFun
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 13:41:39 Reply

At 7/15/06 12:18 AM, DUDECOW wrote: which leads to the melting of our ice caps and leading to a biblical scene of Noah's Ark.

What is the density of ice? What is the density of water? So then logically, wouldn't ice caps melting lower the ocean?

Elfer
Elfer
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 13:42:32 Reply

At 7/15/06 12:18 AM, DUDECOW wrote: Now remember the part about HIS PRIVATE JET? That thing on that global trip, emitted and took up more gas then the whole city of New York in a YEAR.

Do you even know what New York actually is?

ImmoralLibertarian
ImmoralLibertarian
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Writer
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 14:08:15 Reply

At 7/15/06 01:41 PM, MindControlFun wrote:
At 7/15/06 12:18 AM, DUDECOW wrote: which leads to the melting of our ice caps and leading to a biblical scene of Noah's Ark.
What is the density of ice? What is the density of water? So then logically, wouldn't ice caps melting lower the ocean?

lol, nice try...but no banana.


"Men have had the vanity to pretend that the whole creation was made for them, while in reality the whole creation does not suspect their existence." - Camille

MindControlFun
MindControlFun
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 14:39:18 Reply

At 7/15/06 02:08 PM, o_r_i_g_i_n_a_l wrote: lol, nice try...but no banana.

Uh, it's true. If the ice caps melted, it'd lower the water level. Sure, it's adding water to the ocean, but it's also taking ice out.

ImmoralLibertarian
ImmoralLibertarian
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Writer
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 14:40:33 Reply

the majority of the ice cap's mass isn't ice. it's land.


"Men have had the vanity to pretend that the whole creation was made for them, while in reality the whole creation does not suspect their existence." - Camille

MegalomaniacVirus
MegalomaniacVirus
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 14:42:00 Reply

Alex, I'll take Evidence for $1000.


I do it for the lulz

SkunkyFluffy
SkunkyFluffy
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 14:45:47 Reply

At 7/15/06 02:39 PM, MindControlFun wrote:
At 7/15/06 02:08 PM, o_r_i_g_i_n_a_l wrote: lol, nice try...but no banana.
Uh, it's true. If the ice caps melted, it'd lower the water level. Sure, it's adding water to the ocean, but it's also taking ice out.

That's only if all of the ice was actually in the water, which it isn't. The ice caps are sitting on top of rock and other solid foundations in many places, and if the were to break off and fall into the ocean or melt into the water then it would be a massive increase.


He followed me home, can I keep him?

BBS Signature
R00ts
R00ts
  • Member since: Oct. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-15 14:52:33 Reply

Your throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

"How dare Al Gore attempt to save the planet as fast as possible, he should be in a potatoe car!"

No. You're just wrong. The man is trying to save the planet, and if you don't want to support that fine, but that might be a decision you will very well die for.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-16 11:46:35 Reply

At 7/15/06 02:40 PM, o_r_i_g_i_n_a_l wrote: the majority of the ice cap's mass isn't ice. it's land.

;
L O L
You want to retry that....
I'm going out on a limb to say that you may have meant
"the majority of the ice cap isn't in the oceans it's on the land"
but reguardless, that is not entirely true.
There is very little land around the north pole.
South pole is different
But the amount of Ice in the oceans is a significant portion.
If all that ice melted it would not increase sea level.
Prove it to your self.
Get a glass.
Over fill the glass with ice.
Let the glass that is over fillled melt.
come back later....... prepared to be amazed.


Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

MoralLibertarian
MoralLibertarian
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-16 13:07:32 Reply

You gotta burn energy to save energy.

SkunkyFluffy
SkunkyFluffy
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-16 13:10:31 Reply

At 7/16/06 01:07 PM, MoralLibertarian wrote: You gotta burn energy to save energy.

May I light you on fire?


He followed me home, can I keep him?

BBS Signature
MoralLibertarian
MoralLibertarian
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-16 13:34:35 Reply

At 7/16/06 01:10 PM, SkunkyFluffy wrote:
At 7/16/06 01:07 PM, MoralLibertarian wrote: You gotta burn energy to save energy.
May I light you on fire?

You already do light me on fire.

Freemind
Freemind
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-16 13:58:59 Reply

Can you show some proof for his jet taking up more fuel than the state of New York. I'm trying to wrap my mind around how that is possible.

Jizzlebang
Jizzlebang
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to This is what you call a hypocrite 2006-07-16 14:15:05 Reply

At 7/16/06 01:58 PM, Freemind wrote: Can you show some proof for his jet taking up more fuel than the state of New York. I'm trying to wrap my mind around how that is possible.

No, because his little jet is alot worse than all the boing's and airbusses combined... ever!

it sure is mind boggling!


BBS Signature