00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

renatocfrancisco just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus

14,499 Views | 116 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:37:46

At 7/13/06 01:55 PM, -Mogly- wrote: LOOK OUT FOR FROSTED MUFFINS
Tom what day are you leaving? It's a secret why i'm asking but a good one.
And also who is going from the NG team?
And also look out for Luis!

I'm flying out to San Diego on Monday. Most of the NG team will still be at the office, which YES, I feel kinda bad about... Next year we really gotta have a Newgrounds booth. Tim and Josh will be at Comic-Con, though. Tim comes out to help set up and tear down the booth, then visits family in-between. Josh is on the Behemoth team, and he moved east from San Diego, so he goes back to visit everyone too.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:38:40

At 7/13/06 01:56 PM, Lost_Chances wrote: I really want to see the conferance room. What will you use it for though really?

Yeah, that's a good question and we ask ourselves often. I'm hoping we'll all sit down once a week to make sure we are all working on clear goals for the week. As the team grows, we need to make sure everyone is busy working on the right stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:42:07

Hey Tom, wanna meet up with some NG fans after and go to Dick's Last Ressort?

At 7/17/07 10:31 PM, EggfordTheEgg wrote:

: Wait, when did the BBS become Gaia Online?

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:42:36

well answered my q u can't play audio because its ng audio no behomoth

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:51:14

At 7/13/06 02:42 PM, EggfordTheEgg wrote: Hey Tom, wanna meet up with some NG fans after and go to Dick's Last Ressort?

That's right in the Gaslamp, right? Can people under 21 get in there at night?

My schedule at Comic-Con always feels so hectic, but it would be cool if a bunch of NG people could meet up somewhere at some point.

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:53:21

At 7/13/06 02:51 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/13/06 02:42 PM, EggfordTheEgg wrote: Hey Tom, wanna meet up with some NG fans after and go to Dick's Last Ressort?
That's right in the Gaslamp, right? Can people under 21 get in there at night?

My schedule at Comic-Con always feels so hectic, but it would be cool if a bunch of NG people could meet up somewhere at some point.

Yeah, it's right there. You can walk from ComicCon. All ages can get in, and the condom machine in the bathroom is fake. My friend tested it.

Sorry April =(

Don't ban me please.

At 7/17/07 10:31 PM, EggfordTheEgg wrote:

: Wait, when did the BBS become Gaia Online?

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 15:13:23

I wish I could come, but my life is controlled by my bank account and it currently says:
"Feed me, and NO you're not going to San Diego."

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 15:19:38

At 7/13/06 03:00 PM, blam-magnet wrote: wow you should put my tut in the flash tutorials bit;)

Same here Tom! Unless you don't think mine will help or if it's not good enough....

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 15:19:54

if you had it in ny the chances of me going would be slightly more

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 15:27:15

At 7/13/06 01:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: There is a picture floating around of Optimus Prime in the new Transformers movie.

What a crappy movie that will be.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 15:30:26

At 7/13/06 01:44 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Someone should have comic-con in the uk. preferably surrey.

What is with english people complaining about how one little thing is not in england?

Thanks to MadCow for my ultra bad ass sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 15:31:41

I'm going to comic-con and i'm trying to bring Toxicbomb too!

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 15:36:08

At 7/13/06 02:33 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/13/06 01:52 PM, True_Darkness wrote: Hey question, is Comic-Con in a different location every year, or is it always in Cali?
There is a Comic-Con in NYC, but the one we go to is always in San Diego.

I though he was going to the one in NYC, Damn, lol!

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 16:09:26

STOP PLUGGING AH...... COME ONNNNNN.
Im gonna like commit suicide next time i see it plugged.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 16:09:27

Damn England and It's ability to not have anything good.

Blizzcon, Comic-con..

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 16:16:58

Swell update. I'll check it out.

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 16:19:45

At 7/13/06 03:57 PM, The_Crook wrote: With the whole adding things to collections page, how does it work? Is it like, once the flash reaches a certain number of recommendations it gets in? Or is it like, you say add it to a collection and it goes to a list for someone to look at and see if it's good enough for the collection?

The old system:
1) I updated the html code for the collection page, to include the icon, link and description of the item I was adding. I then uploaded it via FTP.
2) I created a text file with the ID# of the submission, and put in code for all the link icons to the related collections. I uploaded that to a folder where it was then read in to the page, so that when you view a submission, you see the links to the relevant collections.

The current system:
1) I use a web-based form to add the submission to the collection page. I don't have to edit any code or upload any files. It automatically generates the links back to relevant collections. Makes life easier. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 16:20:35

At 7/13/06 04:09 PM, -Luis- wrote: STOP PLUGGING AH...... COME ONNNNNN.

I'm calling your bluff... GO PLAY ALIEN HOMINID!

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 17:05:45

Aww man. I'm definately missing out on Comic-Con this year. All I was planning to do on the 21st was go Clerks II. I can imagine what Downtown San Diego is going to look like. On Independence Day weekend we had over a million people on the beaches, I can imagine how insane the convention center will be.

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 17:06:17

Well, unless it's ever in NYC where everyone goes, or I turn 21 and those things are still going on, I guess I'm never going to get to go ='(

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 17:38:07

I'll be there, you forgetful jerk! <3

:D

Don't kill me.

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 17:43:04

At 7/13/06 03:27 PM, milinko959 wrote:
At 7/13/06 01:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: There is a picture floating around of Optimus Prime in the new Transformers movie.
What a crappy movie that will be.

He's eXTreeeme ultimate to the maxxxx, dude!! Da Transformers movie will be the bomb diggity. I hope there a whole lot of annoying humans in it! Word.

Love the phat decals optimus!! That shit's tight. Bizzatch. Pimp dat prime! yeeeeeeeeah.

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 17:45:25

I hope that once the Comic-Con is over we can get some new information on the new Behemoth game. We haven't gotten any new news in like a year.

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 17:46:56

Tom.

Apparently the Adult Swim guys are gonna have a booth as well.

I demand pics of the newgrounds people and the adult swim people partying drunkenly together.

DEMAND SIR.

*takes out a futon and waves it dangerously*

Demand.

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 18:04:22

At 7/13/06 04:20 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/13/06 04:09 PM, -Luis- wrote: STOP PLUGGING AH...... COME ONNNNNN.
I'm calling your bluff... GO PLAY ALIEN HOMINID!

lol. oh you... anyway see ya at the con

None

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 18:05:41

At 7/13/06 04:32 PM, Metal-Gear-Solid wrote: will you be filming at comic-con so I can watch it.

Is filming even allowed? im willing to take a camcorder if thats an option.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 18:11:10

At 7/13/06 01:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: A lot of people asked why I submitted my crappy old "introduction to Flash" tutorial to the Portal. I did it because I was finally moving the Flash tutorials into our "content management" system. I can now add new tutorials faster! Check out the Flash tutorials!

Sounds great. It'd be so much better if I had the $600 to shell out for Flash.

By doing this, I eliminated two standalone pages that no longer need to be redone in CSS for the site redesign. The turials now fall under the standard collection template and the "introduction to Flash" tutorial now falls under the standard Portal submission template.

So.... The site IS getting redone? Can't wait.

:Comic-Con is next week!

Have fun.

We got a fun art thread! There is a picture floating around of Optimus Prime in the new Transformers movie. In the picture he is in truck form, so now it's your job to draw him in robot form! Check out the thread to see what Jeff, Mike, Josh and I came up with. Stamper apparently scrapped his... We'll keep pressuring him to submit one.

I wish I could draw....

In office news... Our conference room is now under construction. New walls, new lighting, new paint, new carpet. I really should be taking pictures... Ok, I'll go take some now before I forget. I still need to make a page for the 2006 mod-meetup, I'm falling so far behind. :(

New video? I AM EXPLODING IN MY PANTS RIGHT NOW.

If you are coming to Comic-Con, let me know! Also, feel free to make suggestions for the tutorials page! Finally, submit your own Optimus art!!!

I live in SC. That would be a 12 Hour drive. I won't see you there. = '(

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 18:28:42

At 7/13/06 05:38 PM, Krinkels wrote: I'll be there, you forgetful jerk! <3

D

You won't have a booth though. :) I should have mentioned you and Rog from I-Mock, since you'll both be there roaming!

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 18:29:11

At 7/13/06 06:05 PM, -Luis- wrote:
At 7/13/06 04:32 PM, Metal-Gear-Solid wrote: will you be filming at comic-con so I can watch it.
Is filming even allowed? im willing to take a camcorder if thats an option.

Filming is allowed.

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 18:50:53

how the hell do i post a reveiw srry im new