New Topic Respond to this Topic
GangsterRapper
GangsterRapper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
I made my target. Jul. 7th, 2006 @ 10:32 PM Reply

I made it to 100 downloads. I'm off, no more tunes from me.

Later yall.

UnrealClock
UnrealClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to I made my target. Jul. 7th, 2006 @ 10:37 PM Reply

[Sarcasm] Woo Hoo a Hundred your so amazing [/Sarcasm]

BBS Signature
Erkie
Erkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to I made my target. Jul. 7th, 2006 @ 10:45 PM Reply

Oh, really? You came here for popularity, downloads, and praise? You're not a musician. You're a sap. A hundred downloads isn't even an achievement.

Good riddance.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|
94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature
Anima-Theory
Anima-Theory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to I made my target. Jul. 7th, 2006 @ 10:58 PM Reply

At 7/7/06 10:45 PM, Erkie wrote: Oh, really? You came here for popularity, downloads, and praise? You're not a musician. You're a sap. A hundred downloads isn't even an achievement.

Good riddance.

Yeah, my words exactly

I probably would have put more sweraing in though :P

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature
G9
G9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to I made my target. Jul. 7th, 2006 @ 11:20 PM Reply

At 7/7/06 10:32 PM, GangsterRapper wrote: I made it to 100 downloads. I'm off, no more tunes from me.

Later yall.

o.O

VegetarianMeat
VegetarianMeat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to I made my target. Jul. 7th, 2006 @ 11:26 PM Reply

I hope you're joking...

The-XI
The-XI
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I made my target. Jul. 7th, 2006 @ 11:44 PM Reply

At 7/7/06 10:32 PM, GangsterRapper wrote: I made it to 100 downloads. I'm off, no more tunes from me.

Later yall.

100? Thats one weak goal.

I'm not leavin' till I have lots of diamonds and people know my name. And after that, I'm still gonna stay!

DavidOrr
DavidOrr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Response to I made my target. Jul. 7th, 2006 @ 11:48 PM Reply

Guys lighten up. Why he made this post God only knows, but you don't need to bash him for meeting a self-made goal. He's obviously proud of his accomplishment, don't ruin it for him. I don't know where he is going from here, but it's probably for the best. He hasn't earned any respect from any of you guys.

BBS Signature
VegetarianMeat
VegetarianMeat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to I made my target. Jul. 7th, 2006 @ 11:53 PM Reply

At 7/7/06 11:48 PM, DavidOrr wrote: Guys lighten up. Why he made this post God only knows, but you don't need to bash him for meeting a self-made goal. He's obviously proud of his accomplishment, don't ruin it for him. I don't know where he is going from here, but it's probably for the best. He hasn't earned any respect from any of you guys.

I'm not bashing his accomplishment, I'm bashing the fact that he's actually not going to make any more songs just because he has 100 downloads. It seems as though he has more passion for how many downloads he gets for a track than for the music itself.

GangsterRapper
GangsterRapper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to I made my target. Jul. 7th, 2006 @ 11:57 PM Reply

At 7/7/06 11:53 PM, VegetarianMeat wrote:
I'm not bashing his accomplishment, I'm bashing the fact that he's actually not going to make any more songs just because he has 100 downloads. It seems as though he has more passion for how many downloads he gets for a track than for the music itself.

??? I set myself a target. What's so bad about that? I got my 100???? Jesus Christ. I was only trying to say good bye.

DavidOrr
DavidOrr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Response to I made my target. Jul. 8th, 2006 @ 12:02 AM Reply

He simply has different goals than you. He probably felt that 100 downloads meant something. Whether you agree with his views or not doesn't matter, but you should still be a little more supportive.

If you don't want to be supportive, just ignore the thread and let it drop. There is no point in bashing someone, unless they were being extremely hateful and ignorant. Even then the best thing to do is let things drop. I'm not point this at anybody, I'm just saying this from incidents I've observed over the past several weeks. People are being unnesessarily hateful towards some people.

Does bashing someone really help solve anything?

BBS Signature
G9
G9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to I made my target. Jul. 8th, 2006 @ 12:14 AM Reply

At 7/7/06 11:48 PM, DavidOrr wrote: Guys lighten up. Why he made this post God only knows, but you don't need to bash him for meeting a self-made goal. He's obviously proud of his accomplishment, don't ruin it for him. I don't know where he is going from here, but it's probably for the best. He hasn't earned any respect from any of you guys.

I'm not sure, it had a slightly arrogant air to it... not that I'm in any position to bash, I haven't released a single audio track yet... still struggling with the basics of FL Studio. :(

Khuskan
Khuskan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to I made my target. Jul. 8th, 2006 @ 05:08 AM Reply

Later yall.

I have a total of 30,000.

Win.

UnrealClock
UnrealClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to I made my target. Jul. 8th, 2006 @ 05:11 AM Reply

I thought topics like these would end up with the deletion of the creators account... since I quote"don't need it anymore"?

BBS Signature
LoneInstrumentalist
LoneInstrumentalist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I made my target. Jul. 8th, 2006 @ 05:11 AM Reply

At 7/8/06 12:14 AM, G9 wrote:
I'm not sure, it had a slightly arrogant air to it... not that I'm in any position to bash, I haven't released a single audio track yet... still struggling with the basics of FL Studio. :(

quite true, but theres still that ignorant air.......
i guess hes happy wif the small things in live :)
thou coulda been less blatent >.>
anyway, best wishes, ciao~

cheerios

yea, FL is being a b**ch to me too.....
GangsterRapper
GangsterRapper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to I made my target. Jul. 8th, 2006 @ 06:45 AM Reply

At 7/8/06 05:08 AM, Khuskan wrote:

Later yall.
I have a total of 30,000.

Win.

Wow! Aint you hardcore.

Grumbleduke
Grumbleduke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to I made my target. Jul. 8th, 2006 @ 03:02 PM Reply

At 7/8/06 06:45 AM, GangsterRapper wrote:
Wow! Aint you hardcore.

Not being sarky, but wasn't the first post your last one?

To add something sensible, I was well pleased when a song hit 100 downloads when I first submitted. I didn't stop though; how about making a few more to see if you can get to 200, then 300, then who knows? I have a platinum track because of that thinking (me so proud :D).

VegetarianMeat
VegetarianMeat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to I made my target. Jul. 8th, 2006 @ 08:38 PM Reply

I am being supportive, by trying to not let him quit making music. If he really liked making music then I see no reason why he should stop. It's his choice though, whatever suits him.

mhb
mhb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to I made my target. Jul. 9th, 2006 @ 03:25 PM Reply

100 downloads, Good job!!! keep makin' swell tunes and don't forget about this site.

my youtube.
click it.

BBS Signature