00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Twinspurr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

401,531 Views | 6,203 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-07 15:03:37

Awesomeness. Great episode, left you with mysteries right up until the very end. I'm still not sure where the shadow baddies went off to or who Doctor Moon really was.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-07 15:31:46

At 6/7/08 03:16 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_%2 8Doctor_Who%29

Read it right after watching the last episode.

FUCK YEAH LACK OF DONNA.

FUCK NO RTD.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-07 17:05:17

Key To Time starts on UKTV Drama on Monday. They're on at 5AM, so you'd have to tape them.

Of all six serials, only The Pirate Planet is a must see, because it's written by Douglas Adams and has a completely ridiculous villain, who's like half robot, half pirate, and shouts things like "by the beard of the sky demon!" and "moons of madness!"

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-07 18:08:58

At 6/7/08 02:50 PM, TheMaster wrote: Excellent episode. Having her know his name was clever, although I was still expecting River to be Jenny right up until the very end.

I was still hoping for Romana. Then I remembered that while anyone who brings back original villains is a hero, people who bring back original heroes have so many opportunities to cock it up that they don't bother.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-07 18:29:02

At 6/7/08 06:08 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: I was still hoping for Romana. Then I remembered that while anyone who brings back original villains is a hero, people who bring back original heroes have so many opportunities to cock it up that they don't bother.

Romana wasn't even a very good character when Mary Tamm played her. She was only good when it was Lalla Ward. I couldn't picture anyone else playing her. Ward was really good, though. One of the best companions.

Her pink version of Baker's costume in "Destiny of the Daleks" was well ace, too.

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-08 05:13:24

At 6/7/08 03:03 PM, Sidorio wrote: I'm still not sure where the shadow baddies went off to.

Yeah I didn't quite get that either. I was reading on wiki though and I assume The Doctor just left the Vashta Nerada in the library (Their forest) after everyone was evacuated. Which is a little dumb since there appears to be no food on that planet...

Also, bit weird how that guy turned out to be real. No doubt he'll turn up in the finale, get killed and cause Donna to make the ultimate sacrifice in his name to destroy the Daleks/Sontarans.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-08 11:12:38

So when will we find out who River Song is? Will this be another Face of Boe style thing which lasts over three series, or will we find out in the finale?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-08 11:16:41

At 6/8/08 05:13 AM, Sticky wrote: Also, bit weird how that guy turned out to be real. No doubt he'll turn up in the finale, get killed and cause Donna to make the ultimate sacrifice in his name to destroy the Daleks/Sontarans.

I don't think Sontarans are in the finale. If so, they can't use Skorr as we saw him being shot down by Colonel Mace, and I don't think Staal could have escaped. Also, if the Daleks can trash Metal cans the equivalent of 40k Space Marines, the Sontarans have no chance.

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-08 11:48:07

At 6/8/08 11:12 AM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: So when will we find out who River Song is? Will this be another Face of Boe style thing which lasts over three series, or will we find out in the finale?

I reckon if we don't find out this series, it'll just be dropped and never mentioned again.

At 6/8/08 11:16 AM, nemesis646 wrote: I don't think Sontarans are in the finale.

I'd very much doubt they would be. It'd make Davros being there feel less important.

At 6/8/08 11:17 AM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: But the Doctor only says his name when he marries someone. At least that's what my dad tells me and he's quite the fan.

Never heard it mentioned. They change why he doesn't say his name all the time. Spin off material says it's because humans can't pronounce it, and on the series it's just deliberately vague.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-08 20:47:12

At 6/7/08 06:29 PM, TheMaster wrote: Romana wasn't even a very good character when Mary Tamm played her. She was only good when it was Lalla Ward. I couldn't picture anyone else playing her. Ward was really good, though. One of the best companions.

Her pink version of Baker's costume in "Destiny of the Daleks" was well ace, too.

Agreed. That was a pretty awesome serial in general, the cliffhanger where you just see Davros' eye begin to glow pleased me in a special place.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-08 21:10:52

Oh and before I forget - turns out Surfthechannel have a crapload of Doctor Who episodes I've somehow overlooked up until now:

Classic series
Revival series

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-08 21:15:32

At 6/8/08 11:12 AM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: So when will we find out who River Song is? Will this be another Face of Boe style thing which lasts over three series, or will we find out in the finale?

She would have to be The Doctor's future girlfriend. It's pretty heavily implied. I would be surprised if Moffat didn't write her into season 5 though.

At 6/8/08 11:16 AM, nemesis646 wrote: I don't think Sontarans are in the finale.
I'd very much doubt they would be. It'd make Davros being there feel less important.

But isn't it almost a rule that the introduced classic monster of the season be in the finale? (Daleks season 1, Cybermen season 2, The Master season 3) And it was leaked that the TBA episode was called 'War on Skaro'. War = Sontarans. And as for the Skaro bit well that could just mean war against all Daleks.

I don't think Sontarans are in the finale. If so, they can't use Skorr as we saw him being shot down by Colonel Mace, and I don't think Staal could have escaped. Also, if the Daleks can trash Metal cans the equivalent of 40k Space Marines, the Sontarans have no chance.

They aren't the only Sontarans in the universe. And they'll probably have upgraded weapons.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-10 15:37:14

Posted on /tv/. Can't find it on the site who's name is written on it.

Looks legit, Daleks in old Davros episodes didn't have the big "ear" lights, they had the little circular ones.

Also, Red Daleks rumoured for finale. Dalek Supreme plz.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-10 15:38:57

At 6/10/08 03:37 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'M A MASSIVE TWAT

asdf

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-10 15:44:41

At 6/8/08 09:10 PM, TheDoctor wrote: Oh and before I forget - turns out Surfthechannel have a crapload of Doctor Who episodes I've somehow overlooked up until now:

That's pretty ace, loads of good episodes up, but I'm not keen on watching streaming stuff. Rather wait for the DVD, or torrent it.

I might watch a few of the Pertwee ones, though. It's only lacking Inferno (which is awesome, because it's got evil parallel world Lethbridge-Stewart, who wears an eye patch) and Day of the Daleks.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-14 09:06:52

At 6/8/08 09:15 PM, Sticky wrote: And it was leaked that the TBA episode was called 'War on Skaro'.

BBC has confirmed the penultimate episode is called "The Stolen Earth", not "War on Skaro". War on Skaro was assumed for the same reason Davros was assumed to be the villain, the people who make the Doctor Who toys named their new line "War on Skaro".

The summary on the BBC website would suggest we find out what the Shadow Proclamation that The Doctor has talked about a few times actually is.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-14 13:34:00

Oh hi guys.

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-14 14:07:09

Oh DR Who is cool, i remember seeing this or reading something about it awhile back, glad to see there is a good following.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-14 14:54:38

http://benignideas.blogspot.com

Comedic in nature, benign by design.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-14 14:54:57

Episode was shit. Nothing happened for the first half, and then the second half was dull and predictable. Wouldn't expect anything else from RTD, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-14 15:00:31

The episode was average, I guess. However, in my 13 years of movie, series, TV and Video Game experience, that was the undisputed WORST ending I have ever seen.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-14 15:01:38

At 6/14/08 02:54 PM, TheMaster wrote: Episode was shit. Nothing happened for the first half, and then the second half was dull and predictable. Wouldn't expect anything else from RTD, though.

Indeed.
The fact that this one didn't contain any of the overblown set pieces and CGI that RTD usually uses just illustrated how bad his episodes are when they rely on script alone. God his dialogue sucks.

Davros looks sexy though, glad they've kept him identical to the way he was in Genesis of the Daleks.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-14 15:08:48

At 6/14/08 03:01 PM, TheDoctor wrote: Davros looks sexy though, glad they've kept him identical to the way he was in Genesis of the Daleks.

lol Remembrance of the Daleks.

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-14 15:28:15

At 6/14/08 03:19 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: NOTHING HAPPENED

Even when they tried the whole "lol we dno wat it was" was just terrible. Cliché at best.

RTD clearly wasn't paying attention when learning about unseen monsters. You're supposed to give hints as to what they are, catch glimpses of them for a split second, have them leave clues behind like scratch marks or slime or something, not just give no closure whatsoever. It's almost as bad as having an invisible baddy.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-14 15:34:00

Oh hi guys.

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-14 20:22:45

Davies got an OBE.

Get fucked, The Queen, you've got shit taste in telly.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-14 21:20:06

I don't know what you're all moaning about. I thought midnight was a pretty good show, if a little anticlimactic. I liked how the Doctor didn't figure it out and how when they all ganged up on him he was a bit fucked.

It showed that he's not God and it's a nice little break from "Oh no, monsters! How am I going to get out of this? Oh wait, I'm really clever so I'll just do this. Day saved".

I still can't comprehend what the Doctor was even doing taking a shuttle bus though.

"Some kilometers SOUTH of Dublin, under more control of

the IRA, there is a vast farmland. I'm SUPER cereal"

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-15 06:25:07

CAST HIM OUT!

(weakly) cast him out...

Out he goes!

:(just as weakly) out..... he.......goes.

Bit anticlimatic. I remember sitting there thinking "What, that's it?"

I still don't think sontarans are in the finale. However, I am now fully convinced about Davros.

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-15 08:12:07

At 6/15/08 06:25 AM, nemesis646 wrote: Bit anticlimatic. I remember sitting there thinking "What, that's it?"

Yeah, I remember looking at the clock when they all started ganging up on him and I thought 'Ten minutes left? I wonder how on Earth this'll get resolved in ten minutes?'

Then some shit went down with a black lady tackling someone and I was all like 'Huh?'

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-06-15 08:23:58

BBC confirmed next season of Torchwood is moving to BBC1, and it's only 5 episodes, that form one continuous story.

That could be pretty ace, it'll be like the old epic Doctor Who serials that would reach 8-10 parts.

Mind, RTD is writing at least one of the episodes, so expect lots of EDGY GAY KISSES, because not only is everyone in the future gay, so is everyone in Wales.

BBS Signature