New Topic Respond to this Topic
nemesis646
nemesis646
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-12 14:51:26 Reply

The episode just aired was an alright one, but I think we've found a new side to the Doctor- the killer with a conscience- kill them then cry over them.
The monsters were a lot better than last time, and the antagonist proved a lot better than the nanny person.
Overall 4/5

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade
WTF?

BBS Signature
Sidorio
Sidorio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-12 14:51:37 Reply

At 4/12/08 02:38 PM, TheMaster wrote: Ever notice that all the good episodes are written by people who aren't Russell T Davies?

To be honest, I can barely remember which one's he's done. I know Stephen (?) Moffit did at least one really good one, but that's about it. I'm assuming he didn't write the one we just watched, which was suprisingly good I thought.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-12 14:57:10 Reply

At 4/12/08 02:51 PM, Sidorio wrote: To be honest, I can barely remember which one's he's done. I know Stephen (?) Moffit did at least one really good one, but that's about it. I'm assuming he didn't write the one we just watched, which was suprisingly good I thought.

Davies does all the finales, and 2-4 more episodes a season. Think of a rubbish episode, he probably made it.

And yeah, Moffat does all the good ones. Blink, Girl in the Fireplace, and the Captain Jack two parter where all his, and he's got another 2 parter this series.

Davies, on the other hand, has the likes of "Love and Monsters", "The Runaway Bridge" and "Partners in Crime" to his name. To his credit, though, he did do "Utopia", which was good.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-12 15:00:09 Reply

Also, images from Christmas special.

MAJOR SPOILERS. Even hovering over the link will give it away, it's in the URL.

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-12 15:26:32 Reply

At 4/12/08 02:57 PM, TheMaster wrote: Davies, on the other hand, has the likes of "Love and Monsters", "The Runaway Bridge" and "Partners in Crime" to his name. To his credit, though, he did do "Utopia", which was good.

He does pull out all the stops with the series finales. Though perhaps that's because he's working with major villains in the finales, and it's hard to fuck up Dalek episodes.

nemesis646
nemesis646
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-12 16:03:18 Reply

At 4/12/08 03:00 PM, TheMaster wrote: Also, images from Christmas special.

MAJOR SPOILERS. Even hovering over the link will give it away, it's in the URL.

Yes, Cybermen invade Newport. Any info on what the Christmas Special will be about?

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade
WTF?

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-12 16:04:15 Reply

At 4/12/08 03:26 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: He does pull out all the stops with the series finales. Though perhaps that's because he's working with major villains in the finales,

Season 2's is very average, season 1's is good, season 3's is good for the most part, but it's got some cringe worthy bits.

and it's hard to fuck up Dalek episodes.

Evolution of the Daleks.

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-12 19:37:16 Reply

At 4/12/08 04:04 PM, TheMaster wrote: Season 2's is very average, season 1's is good, season 3's is good for the most part, but it's got some cringe worthy bits.

Rose was written off in season 2, what more could you ask for? I wasn't a huge fan off the very last episode of 3, but the two previous were good.

and it's hard to fuck up Dalek episodes.
Evolution of the Daleks.

It's hard to fuck up the Daleks in finales, anyway. And you can hardly call Dalek Sec a real Dalek...

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-13 07:55:39 Reply

At 4/12/08 04:03 PM, nemesis646 wrote: Yes, Cybermen invade Newport. Any info on what the Christmas Special will be about?

Fuck. You.

Wow. I just watched the fires of pompeii and man I thought it was definitely one of the best episodes of all time. The I am sparta joke was probably the only part I'd complain about. As for Donna I can tell already they are making her into a much more mature companion unlike Rose or Martha which should give us some variety.

As for everyone complaining about Russel T Davies episodes the critical problem with his episodes is that they try too hard to be funny where Doctor Who only needs a gentle touch of humour. Like when the Doctor kept bringing out the 3D glasses in that cyberman episode.

Also I liked Dalek Sec. He was a thinker.

BBS Signature
foolschool
foolschool
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-13 10:00:53 Reply

Snoop Doggy What? Doggy Who?? Doggy ____?

Huh? What? Did I shoot a DOG?

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-13 16:27:40 Reply

Wikipedia says UNIT will be in the Sontaran episode, which would make sense, since Martha said she was in it when she was on Torchwood.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-16 20:41:31 Reply

This was posted on /tv/, and I felt awesome because I knew who all of them were, apart from the woman from the film, who's name I couldn't remember.

Link to all of it.

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-17 03:23:55 Reply

lol awesome picture. That isn't all of the female companions though is it?

Like I've only seen the very first couple series and the new ones but I'm pretty sure Barbara isn't in there.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-17 07:10:15 Reply

At 4/17/08 03:23 AM, Sticky wrote: lol awesome picture. That isn't all of the female companions though is it?

Like I've only seen the very first couple series and the new ones but I'm pretty sure Barbara isn't in there.

Yeah, but it's the vast majority. The girl from The Daleks Master Plan who is officially classed as a companion, even though she's only in that, isn't on it, either.

BBS Signature
Jimbob130495
Jimbob130495
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-17 07:15:47 Reply

I <3 Doctor Who i'll definatly join!

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-17 08:41:55 Reply

At 4/17/08 07:10 AM, TheMaster wrote: Yeah, but it's the vast majority. The girl from The Daleks Master Plan who is officially classed as a companion, even though she's only in that, isn't on it, either.

Sara Kingdom her name is. Katarina isn't there for that matter either. Those two I can understand though since they were companions for only a very short amount of time but Barbara was there for ages.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-17 08:58:56 Reply

At 4/17/08 08:41 AM, Sticky wrote: Sara Kingdom her name is. Katarina isn't there for that matter either. Those two I can understand though since they were companions for only a very short amount of time but Barbara was there for ages.

I was thinking maybe the artist hasn't included companions who were there at the same time, but it's got Nyssa and Tegan, and they both became companions in Logopolis. Mind, Nyssa was in the episode before that, The Keeper of Traken, but she was only a supporting character, not a companion.

I'm looking into this to much. He probably just didn't fancy drawing Barbara.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-18 19:36:24 Reply

Watched Black Orchid, a short Peter Davison episode, at only 50 minutes long. I really wasn't expecting much, but it was actually quite good. It was purely historical one, the only sci-fi bits being the TARDIS crew themselves, but it was still good. It starts with The Doctor playing cricket, in which he hits every ball for six, and gets the batsman out on every bowl, which was amusing, and then goes into a murder mystery with a painfully obvious ending.

I got it on DVD for just over £8, well worth it.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-19 14:06:05 Reply

Eh, average episode. Still can't stand Donna. Sontarans should be good.

BBS Signature
sirtom93
sirtom93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-19 17:24:45 Reply

Todays episode was quite entertaining, I dont understand how the doctor could listen to the ood though?

joza1
joza1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-19 17:28:39 Reply

May I join?
And is Sontaron (or whatever his name is) the fat thing you see at the end of the preview?

Eternal spam ally of christmasraptor.
The secret to the universe revealed! Madness Combat Crew!

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-19 19:27:02 Reply

At 4/19/08 05:28 PM, joza1 wrote: May I join?
And is Sontaron (or whatever his name is) the fat thing you see at the end of the preview?

It's not a single person, they're a race like Cybermen or Daleks or whatever. They're the things that look like potatoes, and their heads tend to implode when they die. They're all clones, but that's only mentioned a couple of times, so it might be retconned, or just not mentioned at all. They're in The Time Warrior, The Sontaran Experiment and The Two Doctors, which I've seen, and The Invasion of Time, which I've not.

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-19 19:37:55 Reply

Here's to hoping Catherine Tate leaves in the next episode.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-19 19:41:41 Reply

At 4/19/08 05:24 PM, sirtom93 wrote: Todays episode was quite entertaining, I dont understand how the doctor could listen to the ood though?

He's got limited telepathic abilities, been shown quite a few times, in both the old and new series.

At 4/19/08 07:37 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Here's to hoping Catherine Tate leaves in the next episode.

Unlikely, since there's that "Doctor-lite" episode to come which will be the 3 companions bickering in the TARDIS for 45 minutes. Oh joy.

BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-19 19:58:21 Reply

At 4/19/08 07:41 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 4/19/08 07:37 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Here's to hoping Catherine Tate leaves in the next episode.
Unlikely, since there's that "Doctor-lite" episode to come which will be the 3 companions bickering in the TARDIS for 45 minutes. Oh joy.

Everytime there is a scene where it looks like it's the end for Tate I hope it is.

Now what is even worse is my brother loves the Catherine Tate show. I mean he think it's funny and says the catchphrases.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-19 20:03:37 Reply

At 4/19/08 07:58 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Now what is even worse is my brother loves the Catherine Tate show. I mean he think it's funny and says the catchphrases.

I was going to reply with one of the catchphrases in capital letters, but I honestly can't think of one. SUCCESS.

BBS Signature
Sidorio
Sidorio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-20 05:33:09 Reply

Bad episode, I thought. This is probably because after seeing the head guard in last weeks preview, I assumed that he was the awesome captain from the previous Ood two-parter. I was dissapointed, but I thought it would be okay when he said to leave the Doctor to him. I was hoping he was the guy I was thinking of, but then he went all crazy with a crane. Big dissapointment for me.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature
joza1
joza1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-20 10:23:10 Reply

I haven't seen any old shows except 5 minutes of 'The Green Death.'

Eternal spam ally of christmasraptor.
The secret to the universe revealed! Madness Combat Crew!

BBS Signature
Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-20 10:56:34 Reply

At 4/19/08 07:41 PM, TheMaster wrote: Unlikely, since there's that "Doctor-lite" episode to come which will be the 3 companions bickering in the TARDIS for 45 minutes. Oh joy.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That just about sums up my reaction.

Anyway, last night's episode continued the current series tradition of being bland and mediocre while trying to get a few giggles from any 3 year olds that may be watching.

My PSN: Obilisk745
"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."
Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-20 11:53:01 Reply

At 4/20/08 10:23 AM, joza1 wrote: I haven't seen any old shows except 5 minutes of 'The Green Death.'

The Green Death is quality, the Jon Pertwee episodes with Jo as his companion are probably the best in the entire series.

BBS Signature