New Topic Respond to this Topic
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-01 17:56:22 Reply

Only managed to see that Doctor Who advert today...on youtube.

Is it possible to imagine Catherine Tate isn't in it? I mean I can tolerate one episode but the possibility of an entire series is like being a racist in the most ethnically cultured city.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-01 18:02:14 Reply

At 4/1/08 05:56 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Is it possible to imagine Catherine Tate isn't in it? I mean I can tolerate one episode but the possibility of an entire series is like being a racist in the most ethnically cultured city.

I'm still pretending it isn't happening. It'll be a case of "LALALALA NOT LISTENING LALALA NOT HAPPENING BAD DREAM ALALALA" when she has a line.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-01 18:12:40 Reply

At 4/1/08 06:02 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 4/1/08 05:56 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Is it possible to imagine Catherine Tate isn't in it? I mean I can tolerate one episode but the possibility of an entire series is like being a racist in the most ethnically cultured city.
I'm still pretending it isn't happening. It'll be a case of "LALALALA NOT LISTENING LALALA NOT HAPPENING BAD DREAM ALALALA" when she has a line.

I will guarantee that she says one of her catchphrases.

I want her to get brutally killed by something in the show. But since she is a main character she will stay alive for the series.

Having Martha Jones and Rose Tyler coming back as companions there is hope Tate won't continue on for another series.

I can't even remember Tate's character name in the show.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-02 05:28:38 Reply

At 4/1/08 06:12 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Having Martha Jones and Rose Tyler coming back as companions there is hope Tate won't continue on for another series.

There's going to be an episode with just them in an out of control TARDIS, no Doctor. It'll quite possibly be the worst thing on TV ever.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-03 06:24:58 Reply

Oh man I'm so psyched for the new series!!

I thought this got canceled? Typical channel ten here.

BBS Signature
Randominator
Randominator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-03 07:48:19 Reply

I'd turn gay for John Barrowman

=\

down on the upside

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-05 01:12:13 Reply

Probably not important but I threw together the third part of my doctor who series I've been making. For anybody that wants it.

BBS Signature
Sidorio
Sidorio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-05 05:42:01 Reply

At 4/2/08 05:28 AM, TheMaster wrote: There's going to be an episode with just them in an out of control TARDIS, no Doctor. It'll quite possibly be the worst thing on TV ever.

'Doctor Lite'.
Season two's one was shit, and season three's was great. Primarily because Blink centered around the Doctor anyway. They need to realise that's it's just no good without him.

Anyway, Torchwood was a very unexpected ending. I think that would be a good ending to the entire series rather than just a season because I know I'm going to hate the replacement characters. Although I do sort of think Owen isn't dead since you don't see him die and he seems okay with it. Plus, there's that white light, which didn't even fit in with what was happening.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-05 10:30:04 Reply

Torchwood was alright. The season definitely hasn't been up to the standard of the 1st. Doctor Who tonight. Wouldn't expect much from it, or any of the season, really. That fact that Battlestar Galactica just started again sort of overshadows Doctor Who for me.

At 4/5/08 01:12 AM, Sticky wrote: Probably not important but I threw together the third part of my doctor who series I've been making. For anybody that wants it.

Had to stick the subtitles on for some bits in that one, quality was too poor. Still, just as good as the other 2.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-05 14:10:44 Reply

Tate was much better than I was expecting. I mean, she wasn't good, but she's only as bad as Rose was. The monster fat things were really, really rubbish, though. Poor episode on the whole, but still better than I'd convinced myself it was going to be.

Also, OMFG ROSE.

Next episode looks good.

BBS Signature
Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-05 14:14:38 Reply

At 4/5/08 02:10 PM, TheMaster wrote: Also, OMFG ROSE.

I literally shouted 'The fuck?' at that point.

I think that episode revolved around comedy too much. Otherwise good.

My PSN: Obilisk745
"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."
Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-05 14:16:49 Reply

At 4/5/08 02:14 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:
At 4/5/08 02:10 PM, TheMaster wrote: Also, OMFG ROSE.
I literally shouted 'The fuck?' at that point.

I knew it was going to be a character you'd seen before, just because it was an odd shot, obviously designed to hide the face. There'd have been no reason to do it otherwise.

BBS Signature
archex
archex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-05 14:22:58 Reply

I just watched the new sreis start up and I thoought it was a bit of a let down...
Although the fat things were quite cute

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-05 14:58:51 Reply

Also, quick reminder, The Daleks is on in half an hour on BBC Four.

BBS Signature
nemesis646
nemesis646
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-05 15:29:26 Reply

While the wait's gone on, I've been silent and watching for any newsflashes. None turned up, at least in the UK, so I'll take this as an opportunity to give a review.

Cast: The family seemed as dysfunctional as Martha's family was, although when the father's dead, the arguments just don't pop up as much (the actor who played Donna's father was terminally ill). The supernanny person seemed OK, if not a typical show of aliens making deals they can keep, but amusingly never do. Donna fitted in better than expected, but the miming bit was just silly, as well as the dozens of bags she'd packed. Look forward to finding about how the hell Rose ended up there (although Dad's overexcitement might put me off completely).

Monster: Nothing really terrifying, more a "Cute" element, although I guess that's taken away when they pop out your skin. If you ask me, just have it as a laxative pill, so you crap out your fat (and them as well).

Plot: Not as sinister as it has been. The common conversion element reappeared, but not really in an interesting way.

Overall rating: 3/5 as in OK.

I hope the Sonatarans make a mark, and the Daleks and Cybermen return. Imagine a three-way battle like that.

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade
WTF?

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-05 15:43:49 Reply

At 4/5/08 03:29 PM, nemesis646 wrote: Look forward to finding about how the hell Rose ended up there (although Dad's overexcitement might put me off completely).

I'd put it down to either he not really being there, and just being an image like The Doctor was when he talked to her on the beach, or she's found a way to come through, but only for short periods of time, and The Doctor or a villain will end up pulling her through properly somehow, either deliberately or accidentally.

Also, I demand Davros for the finale.

Or, you know, something ridiculous like Sea Devils.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-05 15:49:49 Reply

Actually, it's almost certain Davros will return, as Wikipedia says that the people who make the Doctor Who toys have announced a remote control Davros as part of their season 4 line, and that CBBC has reported that there's a villain matching his description, without actually giving his name.

BBS Signature
Sidorio
Sidorio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-06 06:35:38 Reply

Well, Catherine Tate wasn't all too bad, since I was expecting my eyes to melt whenever she came on screen. The only really cringing bit was when her and the Doctor was popping their heads up to look at the printer but kept missing eachother.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-06 07:18:10 Reply

At 4/6/08 06:35 AM, Sidorio wrote: The only really cringing bit was when her and the Doctor was popping their heads up to look at the printer but kept missing eachother.

Clearly you're forgetting the miming. And the suitcases. And the "mate" bit.

BBS Signature
TheAbominableMatt
TheAbominableMatt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-07 13:05:53 Reply

Worst villain ever.

That was hardly even evil.

"Some kilometers SOUTH of Dublin, under more control of
the IRA, there is a vast farmland. I'm SUPER cereal"

BBS Signature
archex
archex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-09 13:18:24 Reply

So do you guys read any of the Doctor Who books
I've read one by Mike Tucker ( signed as well *ohhhh*) and he just gave me Sowglobe 7 due for release in september.
The Doctor And Marthat land in Snowglobe 7 ( he started writing it before Catherine Tate became his "mate" LOL ) where a disease is spreading throughout the dome oh and also a deadly creature from the first ice age wakes up to top it all of.
HAVEN'T STARTED READING IT YET ; )
ARCHEX

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-09 13:31:09 Reply

Richard Dawkins in Doctor Who.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-10 04:21:56 Reply

Urh, that episode was pretty bad. Tried too hard to be funny.

And god! Decide weather you want your glasses on or off for crying out loud!! It's like every scene the villain was moving her glasses.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-10 12:23:28 Reply

At 4/10/08 04:21 AM, Sticky wrote: Urh, that episode was pretty bad. Tried too hard to be funny.

Expect more of the same. They've decided Doctor Who should be for fans of the likes of Catherine Tate and Little Britain, rather than fans of the original series.

BBS Signature
archex
archex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-10 12:50:17 Reply

At 4/10/08 12:23 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 4/10/08 04:21 AM, Sticky wrote: Urh, that episode was pretty bad. Tried too hard to be funny.
Expect more of the same. They've decided Doctor Who should be for fans of the likes of Catherine Tate and Little Britain, rather than fans of the original series.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I swear I won't watch it if it carries on like that

BBS Signature
Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-10 16:17:08 Reply

At 4/10/08 12:50 PM, archex wrote:
At 4/10/08 12:23 PM, TheMaster wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I swear I won't watch it if it carries on like that

I'm pretty sure that episode was just experimental.

Those little walking piles of shit were pretty annoying, though. And what really boils my piss is that they never got what was coming to them.

And the Doctor even said that she was violating a law of some sort. I for one think that it would have been awesome if the Judoon appeared and started massacring the little fuckers.

My PSN: Obilisk745
"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."
Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-10 16:22:40 Reply

All of the new series is just filler, apart from the episodes with classic villains, anyway. They're all I watch it for. Having Sontarans AND Davros could have made this season great, if it hadn't been for Tate.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-10 18:12:16 Reply

Oh c'mon, not every episode is going to be like that first one. Tate has toned down her character and aside from the occasional stupid joke she should be alright. And besides doesn't Martha come back from the sontaran episode onwards? Or is she only there for that double episode?

BBS Signature
Randominator
Randominator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-10 19:15:10 Reply

At 4/10/08 06:12 PM, Sticky wrote: And besides doesn't Martha come back from the sontaran episode onwards? Or is she only there for that double episode?

She'll be in episodes 4,5,6 and then the last two episodes of the series...

down on the upside

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-12 14:38:41 Reply

Ever notice that all the good episodes are written by people who aren't Russell T Davies?

BBS Signature