Be a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

  • 168,683 Views
  • 6,123 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 27th, 2008 @ 05:40 PM Reply

So...nothing happened. At all. It got to 20 minutes in and I was waiting for Owen to go batshit insane and start killing people or something, but NOTHING happened. Last weeks trailer was very misleading.

Regarding next week, ALIEN RAPE. /d/ material, right there.


PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
NintendoMadness
NintendoMadness
  • Member since: May. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 27th, 2008 @ 05:44 PM Reply

At 2/27/08 05:40 PM, TheMaster wrote: So...nothing happened. At all. It got to 20 minutes in and I was waiting for Owen to go batshit insane and start killing people or something, but NOTHING happened. Last weeks trailer was very misleading.

Not enough action happening. It needed more guns and there's wasn't ANY aliens which is what Torchwood is about.

Regarding next week, ALIEN RAPE. /d/ material, right there.

Next weeks looks. Intersting.


BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 27th, 2008 @ 05:59 PM Reply

At 2/27/08 05:44 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: Next weeks looks. Intersting.

Looks HOT A HELL.


PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Kickme123
Kickme123
  • Member since: Feb. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 27th, 2008 @ 06:00 PM Reply

At 2/27/08 05:59 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 2/27/08 05:44 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: Next weeks looks. Intersting.
Looks HOT A HELL.

AND HOT AS HELL.


The Master innit

BBS Signature
Sidorio
Sidorio
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 28th, 2008 @ 02:33 AM Reply

If I don't get an episode like the orgasm life stealing alien one from the first series, I'm going to feel let down.


Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature
Sticky
Sticky
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 28th, 2008 @ 04:19 AM Reply

Sorry to change the subject from Torchwood but I just finished watching the final episode featuring William Hartnell and I felt this landmark was worth a post.

Since I'm watching every episode in order that brings my total time spent watching doctor who up to around 55.5 hours. I'm one tenth of the way there!


BBS Signature
NintendoMadness
NintendoMadness
  • Member since: May. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 28th, 2008 @ 02:22 PM Reply

At 2/28/08 04:19 AM, Sticky wrote: Since I'm watching every episode in order that brings my total time spent watching doctor who up to around 55.5 hours. I'm one tenth of the way there!

My dream is to have the full collection fo the Doctor Who series. The only old video of Doctor Who I've got is 'Greatest Show in the Galaxy'. That ticketman has haunted me to this very moment. *shudder*


BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 28th, 2008 @ 02:27 PM Reply

At 2/28/08 04:19 AM, Sticky wrote: Sorry to change the subject from Torchwood but I just finished watching the final episode featuring William Hartnell and I felt this landmark was worth a post.

The Tenth Planet is awesome, hope they do a reconstruction of the last episode like they did with The Invasion, or better yet find a copy of it.

At 2/28/08 02:22 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: My dream is to have the full collection fo the Doctor Who series. The only old video of Doctor Who I've got is 'Greatest Show in the Galaxy'. That ticketman has haunted me to this very moment. *shudder*

It's unlikely they'll all ever be made available. They stopped making them on video when DVD came out, and in a few years they'll probably go over to Blu-ray. Downloads are the only real way to get EVERYTHING, and even then the quality is hit and miss. Also, missing episodes.


PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
NintendoMadness
NintendoMadness
  • Member since: May. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 28th, 2008 @ 03:29 PM Reply

At 2/28/08 02:27 PM, TheMaster wrote: It's unlikely they'll all ever be made available. They stopped making them on video when DVD came out, and in a few years they'll probably go over to Blu-ray. Downloads are the only real way to get EVERYTHING, and even then the quality is hit and miss. Also, missing episodes.

Well I could just try and find some videos to start off.


BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 28th, 2008 @ 03:48 PM Reply

At 2/28/08 03:29 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: Well I could just try and find some videos to start off.

There's a shop near me that stocks loads of the videos, but I think it's just a local thing. Used to be a market stall until the market it was in shut down, and mainly sold comics and movie figures, disappeared for a year or two, and has come back as a shop full of sci-fi and anime DVDs and videos. I don't have a VCR, though.

It's called Universal Export, on the off chance they've got stores anywhere else. They've got a brilliant poster advertising themselves, it's in the style of Russian propaganda.


PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 5th, 2008 @ 05:43 PM Reply

Torchwood lacked alien rape. A bite? I mean, come on, at least have some implied sex or a slew of innuendos.


PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
NintendoMadness
NintendoMadness
  • Member since: May. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 5th, 2008 @ 05:58 PM Reply

Argh! I missed Torchwood AGAIN!


BBS Signature
Sidorio
Sidorio
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 6th, 2008 @ 02:16 AM Reply

Just saw last weeks episode for the first time, and I thought it was really good. Probably my favourite of the season, actually.


Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 6th, 2008 @ 06:11 PM Reply

Know how I bought the new version of The Five Doctors so that it would fit in with the rest of them? It comes in a cardboard sleeve, so now it doesn't fit in even more! Hurray!


PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 9th, 2008 @ 06:55 PM Reply

FUCK YOU BBC.

They're releasing a Sontaran box set, with a new episode and all the ones I've already got in it. It had better just be a box containing the already released DVDs exactly as they are, plus the new one, not a fancy book style box set like The Davros Collection, or I'll have to fucking rebuy them all again. I'M NOT MADE OF MONEY, BBC.


PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Sticky
Sticky
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 10th, 2008 @ 04:24 AM Reply

At 3/9/08 06:55 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'M NOT MADE OF MONEY, BBC.

Just out of curiosity, how much have you spent on your doctor who dvd collection so far?


BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 10th, 2008 @ 12:11 PM Reply

At 3/10/08 04:24 AM, Sticky wrote:
At 3/9/08 06:55 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'M NOT MADE OF MONEY, BBC.
Just out of curiosity, how much have you spent on your doctor who dvd collection so far?

£300-£400, I'd reckon. No calculation there or anything, just a guess.


PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
NintendoMadness
NintendoMadness
  • Member since: May. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 10th, 2008 @ 01:51 PM Reply

At 3/10/08 12:11 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 3/10/08 04:24 AM, Sticky wrote: Just out of curiosity, how much have you spent on your doctor who dvd collection so far?
£300-£400, I'd reckon. No calculation there or anything, just a guess.

Shit. Isn't there an ultimate pack to get?


BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 10th, 2008 @ 02:19 PM Reply

At 3/5/08 05:43 PM, TheMaster wrote: Torchwood lacked alien rape. A bite? I mean, come on, at least have some implied sex or a slew of innuendos.

Since they've made a children's version at prime time you can't have HARDCORE ALIEN RAPE WITH SPIKY PENISES. Cutting that and re editing that would be too much trouble. I surprised Torchwood could be made as a children safe show.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 10th, 2008 @ 02:22 PM Reply

At 3/10/08 01:51 PM, NintendoMadness wrote:
At 3/10/08 12:11 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 3/10/08 04:24 AM, Sticky wrote: Just out of curiosity, how much have you spent on your doctor who dvd collection so far?
£300-£400, I'd reckon. No calculation there or anything, just a guess.
Shit. Isn't there an ultimate pack to get?

Nah, there's just single episodes, and a couple of box sets. "The Beginning" has the first 3 episodes, "New Beginnings" has the last two Tom Baker and the first Peter Davison, "Beneath The Surface" has the three Silurian/Sea Devil episodes, "Key To Time" has all 6 Key To Time episodes, "The Davros Collection" has all 6 Davros episodes, and two Peter Davison episodes came in a double pack.

This new one, Bred For War, will have 4 Sontaran episodes, 3 of which are already available.

Also, Amazon does special box sets, but they're just the already released DVDs put inside a cardboard case, rather than new versions or things only available in box sets.


PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 12th, 2008 @ 05:05 PM Reply

Torchwood on now for those who didn't watch the BBC3 one last week

New on on BBC3 in 45 minutes.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 12th, 2008 @ 06:38 PM Reply

Best villains in ages, although the lack of even an attempt at a plausible explanation ruined it a bit. Still, quality episode.


PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
NintendoMadness
NintendoMadness
  • Member since: May. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 12th, 2008 @ 06:50 PM Reply

I was watching the old one on BBC2, I know what you guys mean by zombie rape now. So girls get pregant by arms now. lol

At 3/12/08 06:38 PM, TheMaster wrote: Best villains in ages, although the lack of even an attempt at a plausible explanation ruined it a bit. Still, quality episode.

I was hoping that more was going to go on with that. That one reminded me of that Gretest Show in the Galaxy Doctor Who. There was circus people there.


BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 12th, 2008 @ 07:00 PM Reply

At 3/12/08 06:50 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: That one reminded me of that Gretest Show in the Galaxy Doctor Who. There was circus people there.

Never seen it. McCoy, isn't it?


PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
NintendoMadness
NintendoMadness
  • Member since: May. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 12th, 2008 @ 07:03 PM Reply

At 3/12/08 07:00 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 3/12/08 06:50 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: That one reminded me of that Gretest Show in the Galaxy Doctor Who. There was circus people there.
Never seen it. McCoy, isn't it?

Tom Baker, white TARDIS, K9. Google it or Wiki.


BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 12th, 2008 @ 07:06 PM Reply

At 3/12/08 07:03 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: Tom Baker, white TARDIS, K9. Google it or Wiki.

Wiki says McCoy.


PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
NintendoMadness
NintendoMadness
  • Member since: May. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 12th, 2008 @ 09:09 PM Reply

At 3/12/08 07:06 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 3/12/08 07:03 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: Tom Baker, white TARDIS, K9. Google it or Wiki.
Wiki says McCoy.

No way it was defintley Tom. I swear it was... besides don't watch that episode it has a freaky ticket man that shoots tckets at you and will stop you from going to the toilet at nightimte because your so scared. seriously I just got over it.


BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 41
Audiophile
Sticky
Sticky
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 14th, 2008 @ 09:47 PM Reply

Lol, I just watched The Unquiet Dead for the first time last night (just an episode I happened to miss every time it was on tv) and the whole way through I was just thinking "Who does the servant girl (Gwyneth) remind me of? She looks and sounds soooo familar!!"

Does anyone think there is some connection between the two characters in the show (Gwyneth and Gwen from torchwood) given the similarity in name and identical location each are found (Cardiff, on the rift)?


BBS Signature
RedGlare
RedGlare
  • Member since: Jun. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Doctor Who Crew Mar. 14th, 2008 @ 10:19 PM Reply

At 3/12/08 09:09 PM, NintendoMadness wrote:

No way it was defintley Tom. I swear it was... besides don't watch that episode it has a freaky ticket man that shoots tckets at you and will stop you from going to the toilet at nightimte because your so scared. seriously I just got over it.

Nope it was definetley Mcoy. I remember that episode. Apparently on that one he got a nasty burn due to the pyrotechnics going off a tad early and a bit over budget.