New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 2nd, 2008 @ 02:17 PM Reply

At 2/2/08 02:15 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Thought you LOOSERS might appreciate this: The mens toilets in my local. Amazingly enough, it's a lot bigger than a telephone box inside, too.

I want to live where you do.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
NintendoMadness
NintendoMadness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 2nd, 2008 @ 04:05 PM Reply

At 2/2/08 02:15 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Thought you LOOSERS might appreciate this: The mens toilets in my local. Amazingly enough, it's a lot bigger than a telephone box inside, too.

That's so awesome. I wish I lived in an area were there were crazy themes to the village/city.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 2nd, 2008 @ 04:38 PM Reply

Watched The Time Meddler. Great episode, as are all of the Hartnell ones I've seen. I prefer them over post-Pertwee stuff, because each episode has it's own story, rather than the standard Doctor arrives/Doctor is accused of causing problem/Doctor is proved to not be causing problem/Doctor solves problem format that's been used in basically every episode since Tom Baker's era.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 2nd, 2008 @ 04:59 PM Reply

At 2/2/08 04:38 PM, TheMaster wrote: Watched The Time Meddler. Great episode, as are all of the Hartnell ones I've seen. I prefer them over post-Pertwee stuff, because each episode has it's own story, rather than the standard Doctor arrives/Doctor is accused of causing problem/Doctor is proved to not be causing problem/Doctor solves problem format that's been used in basically every episode since Tom Baker's era.

The monk made that episode great.

A lot of Hartnell's stuff is like how you described though. That episode was just a nice break from the norm (And it ought to be being the final of the season).

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 2nd, 2008 @ 05:09 PM Reply

At 2/2/08 04:59 PM, Sticky wrote: A lot of Hartnell's stuff is like how you described though. That episode was just a nice break from the norm (And it ought to be being the final of the season).

Apart from An Unearthly child, the rest I've seen haven't been.

But glancing over at my DVD shelf, at least half of the Tom Baker episodes fit the description.

Also, I just noticed I've not watched Warriors of the Deep yet. I'd totally forgotten about it. I'll give that a watch tomorrow.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 2nd, 2008 @ 05:30 PM Reply

At 2/2/08 05:09 PM, TheMaster wrote: Apart from An Unearthly child, the rest I've seen haven't been.

Hmmm actually on second thought his serials aren't so much as you described. I just remembered him getting caught and locked up all the time then fixing their problem. And also I just recently watched The Ark which had a similar story line where the Doctor introduced a problem then fixed it and left.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 2nd, 2008 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 2/2/08 04:05 PM, NintendoMadness wrote:
That's so awesome. I wish I lived in an area were there were crazy themes to the village/city.

its not like the whole place is dr who themed... just the mens toilets in one pub...

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 3rd, 2008 @ 05:15 PM Reply

I just found this sketch, which I saw ages ago, and remembered how brilliant it is. I think it's on one of the DVDs, along with a couple more, and it's well worth watching.

At 2/2/08 05:30 PM, Sticky wrote: Hmmm actually on second thought his serials aren't so much as you described. I just remembered him getting caught and locked up all the time then fixing their problem. And also I just recently watched The Ark which had a similar story line where the Doctor introduced a problem then fixed it and left.

Yeah, the first part of the Ark is like that, but then it changes after the second episode, when the jump forward.

BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 6th, 2008 @ 04:03 PM Reply

Torchwood on now.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 8th, 2008 @ 11:02 AM Reply

Best Torchwood of the series this week. No new characters causing drama within the team, just some baddies and a space whale. Good to see they're giving Rhys a larger role, too.

BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 13th, 2008 @ 04:52 PM Reply

I really enjoyed this weeks torchwood. Made me think I missed an episode at the beginning. But hearing about Jack's past was like how I felt when they showed Gallifrey in Doctor Who in the last series.

Martha Jones in next episode.

BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 13th, 2008 @ 05:05 PM Reply

Just got told the next episode is on BBC3, so I've missed ten minutes of that.

BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 13th, 2008 @ 05:38 PM Reply

huge twist at the end of the BBC3 episode. If I told you, you wouldn't believe me.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 13th, 2008 @ 05:41 PM Reply

First episode was rubbish, second was ace.

Also, "May files" should have been Wirrn. Why make up a ridiculously similar monster when they've already got ones from past episodes?

Spoilers, LOL
So, Owen died. Don't think he'll be dead for good, or they wouldn't have his autopsy next episode. I reckon they'll bring him back, which will cause whatever they're fighting against next week to come into existence.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 13th, 2008 @ 06:13 PM Reply

Also, the next episode is called "Dead Man Walking".

Moar like "Dead Giveaway", amirite?

BBS Signature
Sidorio
Sidorio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 18th, 2008 @ 03:28 PM Reply

My mum just told me, and I have no idea where she got this from, that Owen is indeed going to die for good and that Jack's bum boy from episode one will replace him. Sounds like a shit plan to me.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature
NintendoMadness
NintendoMadness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 18th, 2008 @ 03:38 PM Reply

I missed that Torchwood episode so I havn't read any of the posts yet. I'll watch it later on that uber-cool BBC website.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 18th, 2008 @ 03:43 PM Reply

At 2/18/08 03:28 PM, Sidorio wrote: My mum just told me, and I have no idea where she got this from, that Owen is indeed going to die for good and that Jack's bum boy from episode one will replace him. Sounds like a shit plan to me.

Wouldn't bet on it. That James Marsters is only credited as appearing in two episodes, the first and the finale. They could very well kill Owen off, although I don't think they will, but I'd be very surprised if they replace him with Marsters' character.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 20th, 2008 @ 05:59 PM Reply

So, yeah, Zombie Owen. Decent episode, would have been a lot better if the Grim Reaper effects weren't at about the same standard as the skeletons in "Jason and the Argonauts".

The glove was a bit of a cheap plot line, though. That's the first thing I thought when I saw him die, but I didn't think they're be that unoriginal.

Anyway, more Zombie Owen next episode, punching electrical stuff to recharge himself like you'd see in some sub-par superhero game. He'll probably die in it.

BBS Signature
NintendoMadness
NintendoMadness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 20th, 2008 @ 06:14 PM Reply

At 2/20/08 05:59 PM, TheMaster wrote: So, yeah, Zombie Owen. Decent episode, would have been a lot better if the Grim Reaper effects weren't at about the same standard as the skeletons in "Jason and the Argonauts".

It would of been much better if they actually made him look like the Grim Reaper rather than being cheap and adding a smoke effect so you could barley see him.

The glove was a bit of a cheap plot line, though. That's the first thing I thought when I saw him die, but I didn't think they're be that unoriginal.

Yeah I know what you mean but what else could they do to bring him back? They pretty much had to bring him back to have another episode.

Also didn't those totally black eyes remind you of that episode of Doctor Who when they were on that space ship? The one with the Oods nad he had writing on his face.
It relates alot to that episode because it feels likemthe oods have evoled in the Weevils.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 20th, 2008 @ 06:22 PM Reply

At 2/20/08 06:14 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: Also didn't those totally black eyes remind you of that episode of Doctor Who when they were on that space ship? The one with the Oods nad he had writing on his face.

Yes, first thing I thought when I saw it. Torchwood seems to do that a lot, have things that COULD be related to other things in the Doctor Who universe, then having them turn out to be completely unrelated.

BBS Signature
NintendoMadness
NintendoMadness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 20th, 2008 @ 06:30 PM Reply

At 2/20/08 06:22 PM, TheMaster wrote: Yes, first thing I thought when I saw it. Torchwood seems to do that a lot, have things that COULD be related to other things in the Doctor Who universe, then having them turn out to be completely unrelated.

It's quite a nice idea if you're watching it with other people that have interest in Doctor Who aswell as Torchwood, because we're saying "Hey, I like th is Doctor Who reference" and then it totally turns around.

On another not; The actor from the ship episode with the Oods who had writing over his face seems to have a striking resemlence to Owen from Torchwood. Well that's how it occurs to my memory.

BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 20th, 2008 @ 07:34 PM Reply

I missed the new torchwood, which channel was it on?

NintendoMadness
NintendoMadness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 20th, 2008 @ 07:54 PM Reply

At 2/20/08 07:34 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: I missed the new torchwood, which channel was it on?

BBC3 10:00PM

BBS Signature
NintendoMadness
NintendoMadness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 20th, 2008 @ 07:56 PM Reply

Also forgot to say: You can watch all the latest stuff from the BBC channels on BBCi Player.
Really handy when your busy 'cos then you can watch it when you want. But the new stuff only stays out for a week and then it's gone.

BBS Signature
Sidorio
Sidorio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 21st, 2008 @ 02:30 AM Reply

Oh hey guys. I'm going to have a wrestling match with the Grim Reaper.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 21st, 2008 @ 12:56 PM Reply

At 2/20/08 07:56 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: Also forgot to say: You can watch all the latest stuff from the BBC channels on BBCi Player.
Really handy when your busy 'cos then you can watch it when you want. But the new stuff only stays out for a week and then it's gone.

I just watched it on the iplayer.

So that episode was a bit weird, as the next episode preview said he's "broken". Unless they find a way to completely fix him he's pretty much leaving the show. Which would be a shame as Owen is a good character.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 21st, 2008 @ 01:17 PM Reply

Trial of a Timelord confirmed for DVD. 14 part story arc.

Colin Baker, unfortunately. Less shit doctors, more Jon Pertwee, please.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 23rd, 2008 @ 07:07 AM Reply

Patrick Troughton episode "The War Games", a 10 part story, confirmed for DVD release. It's about time we got more Troughton, especially since there's so few of his episodes still around.

BBS Signature
NintendoMadness
NintendoMadness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Feb. 27th, 2008 @ 04:51 PM Reply

Make sure no one posts or submits flashes while I'm gone. :p
Torchwood's on!

BBS Signature