00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

402,090 Views | 6,203 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-09 19:15:21

At 4/27/13 04:49 PM, TheMaster wrote: The name has to be revealed as part of the story, so that River can learn it. The audience won't hear it, but it will be spoken.

He already told her in the Wedding of River Song.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-10 04:45:57

At 5/9/13 07:15 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 4/27/13 04:49 PM, TheMaster wrote: The name has to be revealed as part of the story, so that River can learn it. The audience won't hear it, but it will be spoken.
He already told her in the Wedding of River Song.

No he didn't. He told her to look into his eye, revealing he was the Teselecta. He just made everyone think he was telling her his name.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-10 15:00:34

At 5/10/13 09:40 AM, Nebula wrote:
At 5/10/13 06:04 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Finally getting into Classic Who.
Watched the Hand of Fear.
Watch Tomb of The Cybermen. It's one of the few serials you can watch of the 2nd doctor.

Good one to get watched before tomorrow's episode, too. Why can't the Cybermen always be that good?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-10 16:51:28

At 5/10/13 03:00 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 5/10/13 09:40 AM, Nebula wrote: Watch Tomb of The Cybermen. It's one of the few serials you can watch of the 2nd doctor.
Good one to get watched before tomorrow's episode, too. Why can't the Cybermen always be that good?

Speaking of Cybermen, I just watched The Tenth Planet earlier today as part of the big marathon I'm doing with a few people. Trying to explain why Hartnell regenerated to someone who's only seen New Who is surprisingly difficult.

Gonna watch Tomb of the Cybermen either later tonight or tomorrow, that story is definitely as good as the Cybermen get. How did an enemy with such a lackluster track record get to be one of the most iconic villains?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-11 14:55:37

That episode was really screaming out for a second part.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-11 15:00:45

At 5/11/13 02:55 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: That episode was really screaming out for a second part.

I agree. Quite disappointing, really. The Cybermen definitely weren't the creepy, silent killers that the new ones were hyped up to be. At least they actually killed a few people this time, at least they posed a bit of a threat - can't remember the last time that happened. The finale looks very good, but none of the episodes in series 7 have impressed me that much so I shouldn't get my hopes up.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-11 16:14:44

That was the best Warhammer 40K vs Borg crossover I've ever seen.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-11 21:24:12

Anybody else get the reference to The Turk at the beginning?

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-12 16:38:40

Some US DVDs of this series have gone out early.

So yeah, stay off the interwebs this week I guess.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-18 14:46:28

Too fucking short. It's infuriating to see great ideas like this ruined by this stupid fucking 45 minutes format. Give us the two parters back and stop spreading the show so thin. I'm invested in the story now, and could remain this invested for a week. I'm not going to give a fuck come November.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-18 14:59:36

At 5/18/13 02:46 PM, TheMaster wrote: Too fucking short. It's infuriating to see great ideas like this ruined by this stupid fucking 45 minutes format. Give us the two parters back and stop spreading the show so thin. I'm invested in the story now, and could remain this invested for a week. I'm not going to give a fuck come November.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I thought the episode was okay, but it could have been so much better.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-18 15:06:31

That really should have been a bit longer, it ended a bit abruptly. Whispermen weren't in it for long enough - thought they'd be awesome but they weren't given any backstory. Trenzalore was a bit underwhelming, they've built up to it for nearly two years but nothing even happened - the GI runs into the Doctor's past and then gets beaten (I like the way they inserted him and Clara into the clips though). Very intrigued by John Hurt's Doctor though that was already spoilt for us ages ago.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-18 15:15:37

At 5/18/13 03:06 PM, dogpup4 wrote: I like the way they inserted him and Clara into the clips though).

I didn't, the colourisation was dreadful. Stand it up against the stellar work the restoration team have done on stuff like The Ambassadors of Death and it's clear they had absolutely nothing to do with it. The green screening in wasn't particularly good either.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-18 15:50:26

At 5/18/13 03:15 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 5/18/13 03:06 PM, dogpup4 wrote: I like the way they inserted him and Clara into the clips though).
I didn't, the colourisation was dreadful. Stand it up against the stellar work the restoration team have done on stuff like The Ambassadors of Death and it's clear they had absolutely nothing to do with it. The green screening in wasn't particularly good either.

I meant I liked it as an idea - the execution wasn't brilliant, but it was quite interesting to see the first Doctor stealing the TARDIS.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-18 16:17:04

At 5/18/13 03:48 PM, Amaranthus wrote: did his name get revealed?

Yeah, he's called John Hurt.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-18 20:15:14

At 5/18/13 03:50 PM, dogpup4 wrote: I meant I liked it as an idea - the execution wasn't brilliant, but it was quite interesting to see the first Doctor stealing the TARDIS.

Why doesn't the Doctor remember that happening?

I liked this episode and hated it at the same time. I think Clara should've died when she went into the Doctor's timestream, that should've been the end of her run on the show. Having her survive and still be around completely kills the dramatic effect her choice had. Moffat is way too obsessed with killing characters and bringing them back, it's like a damn comic book series these days. River still not being gone also irritates me, I can't stand that character one bit. I also feel like the length of the episode really hurt it, this would've worked much better as a two parter.

But John Hurt, guys. John fucking Hurt. The man had one line and he gave the best performance in the episode. Any news/credible theories who he really is? I'm leaning towards The Valeyard, especially with the namedrop this episode. But that "Doctor 8.5" thing sounded pretty solid as well.

Also what's up with Moffat feeling like he has to make every character he creates the most important person in the world? Why can't we just have a regular person every once in a while? Why does everyone have to be "THE IMPOSSIBLE GIRL" "THE GIRL WHO WAITED" "THE DOCTOR'S WIFE" "THE LAST CENTURION" Give it a rest, man.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-19 12:54:11

So did they explain why his scar in time just sat there after he died? Was it supposed to be what was left of his body? Also, no love for the eighth. I wish we got to seem him run by Clara at the end at least.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-19 14:48:33

The Silence don't really make sense to me anymore. They didn't want the Doctor to go to Trenzalore because that would mean the Great Intelligence could have prevented the Doctor from saving anyone, meaning millions of people would die, so the Silence actually had good intentions.. So why did they blow up the TARDIS in The Pandorica Opens? Surely they would have done some research into what happens when a TARDIS explodes. In fact, why did they not try and help the Doctor rather than kidnap a baby and train it to be an assassin?

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-21 12:21:40

I thought it was a good episode but the ending is kind of leaving you in the "wait what" section. I mean, did he save Clara? Is he gonna go back safely, or is the next doctor just gonna start right away?

Also, I know this is late but did anyone else feel that the Hide episode had a rushed ending?
I mean, basically it was "Oh everyone's safe. Wait, its a love story, I'll take you too her, the end"

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-21 12:44:52

At 5/21/13 12:21 PM, DrClay wrote: I thought it was a good episode but the ending is kind of leaving you in the "wait what" section. I mean, did he save Clara? Is he gonna go back safely, or is the next doctor just gonna start right away?

At least we're promised to have it all concluded sometime in the future, unlike other things where I've seen having some cliffhanger and then never being able to conclude it.

I'm looking at Red Dwarf VIII here...

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-21 13:12:17

At 5/21/13 12:21 PM, DrClay wrote: I thought it was a good episode but the ending is kind of leaving you in the "wait what" section. I mean, did he save Clara? Is he gonna go back safely, or is the next doctor just gonna start right away?

That's sort of the point of a cliffhanger, no?

Also, I know this is late but did anyone else feel that the Hide episode had a rushed ending?
I mean, basically it was "Oh everyone's safe. Wait, its a love story, I'll take you too her, the end"

Nearly every episode this season has been rushed and underdeveloped, this is nothing new. I really wish we would go back to a multi-episode story format, or at least get writers than can pace an episode well.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-21 20:23:31

At 5/21/13 01:12 PM, Oolaph wrote: That's sort of the point of a cliffhanger, no?

Oh.... For some reason it didn't register as one for me....

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-22 22:26:29

That was weird the way they introduced John Hurt with the big letters and whatnot.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-23 00:22:44

At 5/22/13 10:26 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: That was weird the way they introduced John Hurt with the big letters and whatnot.

I think it would of been better if they didn't show his face until the next part.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-26 11:29:19

My sister and I have a very big difference in opinions on what we like about Doctor Who and what we choose to watch. She refuses to watch anything after Rose's death because she loved the romance between Rose with the Doctor. I on the other hand don't really care for anything before Matt Smith because Matt Smith is the reason I love the show, though i won't stop to watch any of the other episodes if my sister or mom have it playing on the tv. And I was always more fond of the Matt Smith/River Song pairing than Rose/David Tennet.

And really, he's not that good looking. Matt Smith in my opinion is cuter that Tennet. Tennet has this childlike look to his cheeks and chin. Matt? Now that's a man's chin. the childlikeness should be in what he does, not how he looks. really, with Tennet and Rose it felt like a highschool romance, but with Rose and Matt, there was some serious adult romance going there.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-26 12:02:00

At 5/26/13 11:29 AM, deathbymanga wrote:
And really, he's not that good looking. Matt Smith in my opinion is cuter that Tennet. Tennet has this childlike look to his cheeks and chin. Matt? Now that's a man's chin. the childlikeness should be in what he does, not how he looks. really, with Tennet and Rose it felt like a highschool romance, but with Rose and Matt, there was some serious adult romance going there.

Sorry to double post, but i couldn't figure out how to edit and i had to make sure you knew that I mean RIVER and Matt, not Rose and Matt

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-26 15:17:12

At 5/26/13 03:08 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 5/26/13 11:29 AM, deathbymanga wrote:
Tennant*
also the doctor doesn't have to be cute
also the episodes before Smith were fine,

i'm not saying they weren't fine, I even said i would watch them, just not what i would look for online, but tennant and the 9th just don't fascinate me like the 11th does. And i'm not saying he has to be cute, i'm just reacting to the thousands of people calling him sexy. imo, he's not that sexy compared to matt smith

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-26 15:38:08

At 5/26/13 03:20 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
Pretty much all classic doctors weren't sexy, what does it matter?

Someone's never seen Spearhead from Space.

Doctor Who Crew

Eternal spam ally of christmasraptor.

The secret to the universe revealed! Madness Combat Crew!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-26 18:02:13

At 5/26/13 03:38 PM, joza1 wrote: Someone's never seen Spearhead from Space.

Now you're speakin' my language.

Doctor Who Crew

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-05-26 19:09:56

At 5/26/13 03:38 PM, joza1 wrote:
At 5/26/13 03:20 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
Pretty much all classic doctors weren't sexy, what does it matter?
Someone's never seen Spearhead from Space.

I am so ready for the blu-ray of this. I'll take an HD Jon Pertwee shower scene over The Power of the Daleks or The Abominable Snowmen any day.

BBS Signature