00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ParallaxDraw just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

401,561 Views | 6,203 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-10-19 17:42:34

At 10/3/11 02:24 PM, POTaTOS wrote: She's an excellent emotional actor.

pfffffffft

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-10-19 17:52:05

So, what's everyone doing to get their Doctor Who fix while the show is off air? Rewatching your favorite episodes, trying to find new material to enjoy, or just temporarily forgetting about the show?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-10-19 18:54:50

At 10/19/11 05:52 PM, Oolaph wrote: So, what's everyone doing to get their Doctor Who fix while the show is off air? Rewatching your favorite episodes, trying to find new material to enjoy, or just temporarily forgetting about the show?

I'm back on the VNAs what with being back at uni and all. I get loads of 1 or 2 hour breaks during the day, and rarely have work to fill them, so I just read Doctor Who books.

Also been listening to a bit Bernice Summerfield, but I've not been able to get into season 4 as much as I did some of the previous ones. The Bellotron Incident was okay, but The Draconian Rage bored me senseless. Hopefully the 2 remaining ones are better. The whole season is based on classic Who villains (Rutans in The Bellotron Incident, Draconians in The Dragonian Rage, Sea Devils in The Poison Seas and Daleks in Death and the Daleks), so hopefully the last two are better.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-10-22 03:30:05

At 10/1/11 09:34 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
Oh okay. I guess it being a fixed point in time and all that is almost forced to make sense. But then why did the RoboDoc's crew members have it on their system that the doctor dies at that specific date? I hate to be picky but I can't stand plotholes. But maybe, just maybe, silence will fall when the question is answered... I only figured out the question this episode actually (or what I assume it is), but within about the first 4 - 10 minutes during some of the dialogue. I nearly hit myself on the head.

I actually wanted the Doctor to accept death more willingly - it would fit with the rest of the narrative to some respects. However the Doctor isn't just one sort of character. I think he is a multitude of characters, a battle between wills.

Enough of my own ideology, so from the whole Doctor Who Series. Line's you wish you written? I loved the - whenever things were down I could turn around and you would be there, Amelia Pond. That was very nice.

/pickuplines

The reason the tesselecta's system had the doctor's date of death on their systems was simply they had yet to meet him a second time. The first time they meet in let's kill hitler was before their second encounter with the doctor, ending with him escaping death. In short the date of death had yet to be discovered as an untrue date of death.

Earning medals since the troll wars of '84

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-11-14 14:01:28

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118046 098

Movie in the works, from the sound of things an out of continuity ones akin to the old Cushing films.

Except it to be physically painful to watch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-11-14 14:30:14

At 11/14/11 02:01 PM, TheMaster wrote: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118046 098

Movie in the works, from the sound of things an out of continuity ones akin to the old Cushing films.

Except it to be physically painful to watch.

Honestly it sounds like they want to do multiple movies. I think it would be kind of cool if they did a series of movies based on the Time War.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-11-14 14:44:07

At 11/14/11 02:30 PM, Malachy wrote: Honestly it sounds like they want to do multiple movies. I think it would be kind of cool if they did a series of movies based on the Time War.

But it's not going to be, it's going to be a reboot separate from the series. It'll be bad.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-11-14 15:56:54

At 11/14/11 02:44 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 11/14/11 02:30 PM, Malachy wrote: Honestly it sounds like they want to do multiple movies. I think it would be kind of cool if they did a series of movies based on the Time War.
But it's not going to be, it's going to be a reboot separate from the series. It'll be bad.

Agreed.

It doesn't make sense if you ask me. Why pour money into a reboot of a reboot that is already a success. There are so many plots which can be expanded from previous episodes with a movie-sized budget length abilities. Hell, you could even pick up any previous Doctor actors and explore their unaired adventures. Instead they are going to do, what? have a different actor playing the Doctor who is supposed to be the same incarnation at Smith or Tennant or a "future" regeneration of the doctor? That'll go swimmingly when Smith passes the torch on to the next actor who probably won't be the same guy as in the movie.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-11-14 16:02:43

At 11/14/11 02:01 PM, TheMaster wrote: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118046 098

I don't like where this is headed.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-11-14 19:19:56

At 11/14/11 03:56 PM, Malachy wrote: It doesn't make sense if you ask me. Why pour money into a reboot of a reboot that is already a success.

Why have one cash cow when you can have two?

But yeah, nothing about Variety article fills me with hope that this will actually be any good :/

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-11-17 17:13:11

I'm sincerely hoping this is something to gauge the fans' reaction, or an elaborate troll move. Either way, I don't want this. I'd still sit through it at some point, but I'm pretty much sold on it being awful. I'm sure I've read somewhere it's not going to be canon, which makes no sense. Fair enough they don't know who's going to play 12, but having an alterate Doctor seems a strange thing to do. However this thing turns out, people are going to watch it, it's going to basically print money. I don't understand how this can work, it seems like it would just alienate the viewers if a new Doctor shows up midway through the run of 12/13/whatever. Apparently the Cushing moves were awful (never seen them myself, I should do that some time), the TV movie was decent-borderline-awful, third time's the charm maybe? Anyhow, this is one hell of a base breaker.

tl;dr - no. just no.

Eternal spam ally of christmasraptor.

The secret to the universe revealed! Madness Combat Crew!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-11-17 17:35:43

First Christmas Special image.

Corridors, running and sonic screwdriver waving. I don't think you could make a more generic Who image.

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-11-17 20:20:27

At 11/17/11 05:35 PM, TheMaster wrote: First Christmas Special image.

Corridors, running and sonic screwdriver waving. I don't think you could make a more generic Who image.

The corridor could be leading out into a quarry.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-11-17 21:19:54

At 11/17/11 08:20 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:
At 11/17/11 05:35 PM, TheMaster wrote: First Christmas Special image.

The corridor could be leading out into a quarry.

One of my favourite scenes in Doctor Who is when The Doctor and Sarah arrive in an ACTUAL quarry at the start of The Hand of Fear.

"Listen, I don't want to make any snap decisions, but this isn't South Croydon."
"What? I can't hear you for the siren."
"IT ISN'T SOUTH CROYDON"
"All right, there's no need to shout."

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-11-18 11:02:33

I'll join. I love that show.

I had sex with a pie.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-11-18 12:15:57

At 11/18/11 10:45 AM, Timchik wrote: Bitch please.

That's the one with the actual screwdriver in it, right?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-11-18 19:07:55

According to the Dr. Who facebook account the name of the christmas special is "The doctor, the widow and the wardrobe"

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-11-18 19:15:49

At 11/18/11 07:07 PM, Malachy wrote: According to the Dr. Who facebook account the name of the christmas special is "The doctor, the widow and the wardrobe"

Sounds pretty Narnia-esque to me.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-11-19 21:55:48

At 11/18/11 07:15 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 11/18/11 07:07 PM, Malachy wrote: According to the Dr. Who facebook account the name of the christmas special is "The doctor, the widow and the wardrobe"
Sounds pretty Narnia-esque to me.

The Children in Need trailer thing was pretty generic to be honest. I'm getting the horrible feeling that Moffat's not even trying any more, it's just 'Fuck it, guys, force a vaguely Christmas-like story into Doctor Who, that'll be a great Christmas special.'
Then again, what came before the trailer on CiN was kind of distracting me from it. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-11-23 11:45:58

Trailer for the Christmas Special.

Well, this episode is obviously a big reference to the Chronicles of Narnia. It seems like it'll be a pretty decent watch, but nothing special at all.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-12-01 15:29:41

At 11/23/11 11:45 AM, Oolaph wrote: Trailer for the Christmas Special.

Well, this episode is obviously a big reference to the Chronicles of Narnia. It seems like it'll be a pretty decent watch, but nothing special at all.

Pretty much like every Christmas special. I enjoy watching them on Christmas itself when they air but I don't really like to watch them twice. Its always worth it for the trailer for the next series at the end, but they haven't started filming series 7 yet so at the end of The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe there will probably just be something saying "DOCTOR WHO WILL RETURN IN AUTUMN 2012" which is a fucking long wait.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-12-11 11:50:48

Rumour emerging that Missing Believed Wiped have announced the recovery of The Underwater Menace episode 2 and Galaxy Four episode 3 at an event. Waiting for confirmation, but I'm still hugely excited.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-12-11 12:36:29

YESSSS

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-12-11 12:56:06

At 12/11/11 12:36 PM, TheMaster wrote: YESSSS

Was just about to post this. Awesome news, I hope more missing episodes are returned.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-12-25 15:01:10

So, Christmas special.. Have to say it was a bit boring. Nothing that good really but I suppose it was a nice ending. Merry Christmas everyone.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-12-25 17:28:57

At 12/25/11 03:01 PM, dogpup4 wrote: So, Christmas special.. Have to say it was a bit boring. Nothing that good really but I suppose it was a nice ending. Merry Christmas everyone.

Eh, I liked it okay. The ending felt a little tacked-on, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-12-25 20:24:33

Why do I even watch this show any more.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-12-25 20:51:18

At 12/25/11 08:24 PM, TheMaster wrote: Why do I even watch this show any more.

Out of interest, what would you say is the best episode of the new series?

As for the special, I loved it but I feel like I should hate it. Woman from 1941 can drive a futuristic spaceship thing? The Doctor can fall from space? And not have to regenerate like a certain scarf-wearing man who fell from a certain tower? Bill Bailley? Awful acting, save for Matt Smith? Pointless Androzani reference? Merry Christmas, guys! *Moffat trollfaic, thumbs up*

Got me the New Beginnings box set for Christmas. Been meaning to watch Keeper of Traken for ages :D

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-12-25 21:00:51

Just started watching the newest episode - definitely didn't miss it...

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-12-25 21:02:39

At 12/25/11 08:51 PM, joza1 wrote: Out of interest, what would you say is the best episode of the new series?

Human Nature/Family of Blood, probably.

Got me the New Beginnings box set for Christmas. Been meaning to watch Keeper of Traken for ages :D

Return of the Master is a decent little arc. It's not great, Castrovalva in particular drags a bit, and there's far too much Adric, but it's still a good watch. Has some of Ainley's best performances as The Master before it all goes a bit too pantomime later on.

BBS Signature