Doctor Who Crew

• 6,123 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 13th, 2010 @ 06:13 PM Reply

At 6/13/10 07:03 AM, TheMaster wrote: The Doctor has always been able to do stuff like this. Did a similar thing in Girl in the Fireplace, and then you've got the multi-Doctor episodes where he'll share memories with himself and such.

I know he's always been able to do the mind meld thing. I'm up to season 16 of the classic series and he's already mind melded with plenty of people. But usually he's taking information out of their heads not putting information in. In girl in the fireplace I'd say she was taking information out of the doctor's head. I dunno just doesn't seem like the doctor often puts information into people's heads by mind melding. And to be honest I didn't see the need for it in the lodger anyway. Couldn't the doctor have just talked craig into calming down?

BBS Signature
Jack
Jack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Movie Buff
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 13th, 2010 @ 06:22 PM Reply

At 6/13/10 01:45 PM, TheAmateurAnimator wrote: "The Lodger" was... surprisingly good.

Alright, I'll catch up with it on BBC iPlayer.

To be honest though, I avoided it Saturday because fucking James Corden was guest starring in it.

Baby Britain.
Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature
TheAmateurAnimator
TheAmateurAnimator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 13th, 2010 @ 06:36 PM Reply

At 6/13/10 02:32 PM, Deleric wrote:
At 6/13/10 01:45 PM, TheAmateurAnimator wrote: "The Lodger" was... surprisingly good. Not the best plot or characters (and not enough Amy! >:C), but Matt Smith's performance really made the episode worth watching (I can't imagine how horrible this episode would have been with Tennant as the Doctor).
Out of the NewWho Doctors, I think Tennant is much more human. Eccleston had a bit of a problem with humans and Smith seems to understand people and at the same time not understand people.

I still find Tennant a great Doctor, but Smith being backed by Moffat, you can't help but enjoy it.

That's why I think Tennant wouldn't have worked as well in this episode. He's almost too human, he has to go around reminding people, "I'm a Time Lord! I'm the last of the Time Lords!" Whereas with Smith, you can tell that he is definitely and without a doubt not of this world, but you can still relate to him in a human way. I think I could say that out of all the NewWho Doctors, Smith is the most like the classic Doctors.

I also think the biggest problem with Tennant was being written by Davies. He had some great ideas, but almost always tended to ruin them with abysmal ideas (like the whole Tinkerbell Jesus Doctor scene in "Last of the Time Lords"). Kind of like Sylvester McCoy, having stories with great promise but flawed executions.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 13th, 2010 @ 08:01 PM Reply

At 6/13/10 06:36 PM, TheAmateurAnimator wrote: Kind of like Sylvester McCoy, having stories with great promise but flawed executions.

Barring his first couple of serials, I find McCoy to be one of the greatest periods in the show's history. Ace is a fantastic companion, and by being absolutely mental the show manages to break from standard Who format in nearly every serial.

Apart from Pertwee + Jo, and maybe Troughton + Jamie and Zoe, McCoy + Ace is probably my favourite set up in the show.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 15th, 2010 @ 03:17 PM Reply

New picture from The Pandorica Opens. Spoilers.

Doctor Who Crew

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 15th, 2010 @ 03:57 PM Reply

More pictures, too many to post so heres the link. Sycorax, stone Dalek, Rory, Amelia, etc.

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 17th, 2010 @ 03:00 PM Reply

... I thought this thread would have loads of posts now that its only a few days until the finale. New preview clip, spoilery pictures... Well, heres the new clip if anyones looking at this topic.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 17th, 2010 @ 03:59 PM Reply

At 6/17/10 03:00 PM, dogpup4 wrote: ... I thought this thread would have loads of posts now that its only a few days until the finale. New preview clip, spoilery pictures... Well, heres the new clip if anyones looking at this topic.

I post on /tv/. So much Doctor Who finale stuff I've had my fill.

BBS Signature
TheAmateurAnimator
TheAmateurAnimator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 18th, 2010 @ 12:37 PM Reply

Oh God, the Pandorica opens tomorrow! I've been keeping myself as far away from spoilers as I can, although I must confess I've snatched glances at a few sneak peeks here and there.

After tomorrow, waiting through the next week will be fucking interminable. But hey, at least it won't be a end-of-season cliffhanger, like Star Trek TNG's "The Best of Both Worlds."

You know, no matter how incredibly teeth-gnashingly infuriating it would be for everyone, myself included, I'd like to see something like that out of Doctor Who. An entire few months, instead of a few days, for the fans to wonder what would happen next. I think that now they could do something like that, having an episode be epic and amazing without having that element of ham and cheese that RTD's finales had.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 18th, 2010 @ 06:59 PM Reply

did you ever think if the tenth doctor was still around and he met Amy pond she would totally hit on him
??

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 19th, 2010 @ 04:00 AM Reply

At 6/18/10 06:59 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: did you ever think if the tenth doctor was still around and he met Amy pond she would totally hit on him
??

Pretty sure she would hit on anybody given the right circumstances. Or wrong ones.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 19th, 2010 @ 04:08 AM Reply

At 6/19/10 04:00 AM, Sticky wrote:
At 6/18/10 06:59 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: did you ever think if the tenth doctor was still around and he met Amy pond she would totally hit on him
??
Pretty sure she would hit on anybody given the right circumstances. Or wrong ones.

yeah but david tennant is like any scottish chicks WET DREAM I mean he is scottish to ya know.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 19th, 2010 @ 11:08 AM Reply

The most evil being in the universe.

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 19th, 2010 @ 02:29 PM Reply

Called it.

Only complaint was Cybus Cybermen. They shouldn't even exist in this universe any more.

BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 19th, 2010 @ 05:15 PM Reply

At 6/19/10 02:29 PM, TheMaster wrote: Called it.

Only complaint was Cybus Cybermen. They shouldn't even exist in this universe any more.

We all know almost every villain there is going to be removed from existence. A lot of those villains were RTD saga villains. Only a few should survive as they're either Moffat creations or classic villains.

SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 19th, 2010 @ 08:22 PM Reply

Here is what I think will happen. The Doctor will wait in the Pandorica until 2010, at which point he gets out but has become insane and evil because of being stuck in a box for hundreds of years. He then takes remote control of the TARDIS and destroys it, so the League of Evil was right about him causing it, although they brought it about as well. Then child Amy Pond wibbly wobbly timey wimey everything is back to normal. It's not the best developed theory.

TheAmateurAnimator
TheAmateurAnimator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 19th, 2010 @ 10:30 PM Reply

I feel like I've just been punched in the chest. Hard.

Taking notes, everybody? THIS is how you do a finale.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 20th, 2010 @ 05:11 AM Reply

Fucking mind blowing =O

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 20th, 2010 @ 06:28 AM Reply

At 6/19/10 08:22 PM, SomaGuye wrote: He then takes remote control of the TARDIS and destroys it

Its already exploded though.

I thought it was a pretty good episode, cruel cliffhanger. We're in for a long week. If I don't see Zygons and Mondasian Cybermen actually appear, I will explode causing a bigger bang than the TARDIS.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 20th, 2010 @ 06:55 AM Reply

At 6/20/10 06:28 AM, dogpup4 wrote: I thought it was a pretty good episode, cruel cliffhanger. We're in for a long week. If I don't see Zygons and Mondasian Cybermen actually appear, I will explode causing a bigger bang than the TARDIS.

They aren't going to show them. They would only be using past costumes to save on production costs. They wouldn't make a whole new costume to show zygons for a simple cameo.

The thing that I've been thinking about is whether the vortex manipulator river song acquired belonged to jack harkness. If was obviously written as a throw back to him. Is there any reason why it couldn't belong to jack? I can't remember what happens to jack's limbs if they get cut off. I know he just grows a new one but what happens to the decapitated limb? It probably makes more sense it would belong to another, very much mortal, time agent.

BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 20th, 2010 @ 07:57 AM Reply

At 6/20/10 06:28 AM, dogpup4 wrote:
At 6/19/10 08:22 PM, SomaGuye wrote: He then takes remote control of the TARDIS and destroys it
Its already exploded though.

But that was in 2010, the Doctor was trapped back in Roman times.

Whatever happens I'm fairly certain it will involve the Doctor spending an extended period of time in the Pandorica. If he isn't crazy when he gets out, he'll definitely be pissed off, and of course he'll give his little "Don't trap the doctor if you value your existence" speech.

AceBaronLuigi
AceBaronLuigi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 22nd, 2010 @ 01:35 AM Reply

I'm curious... If they were to bring back the Mondasian Cybermen, would they be the standard Fourth Doctor era cybers, or Cybus Industries cybers without the logo on their chests?

It's all cool, guys.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 22nd, 2010 @ 07:55 AM Reply

At 6/22/10 01:35 AM, AceBaronLuigi wrote: I'm curious... If they were to bring back the Mondasian Cybermen, would they be the standard Fourth Doctor era cybers, or Cybus Industries cybers without the logo on their chests?

I'd assume they'd either just be lacking the logo, or would be a new design entirely. Probably the later.

BBS Signature
TheAmateurAnimator
TheAmateurAnimator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 22nd, 2010 @ 02:46 PM Reply

I tried to make some Daleks out of Lego. They're not really accurate to any specific design, and they're about twice as large as they should be, but I think they look pretty good!

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 26th, 2010 @ 08:42 AM Reply

Cybermen adventure game is up.

BBS Signature
Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 26th, 2010 @ 02:05 PM Reply

Meh.

Bit of a clusterfuck, but it wasn't unenjoyable.

Has River Song always been such a Mary Sue?

My PSN: Obilisk745
"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."
Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 26th, 2010 @ 02:17 PM Reply

My expectations were too high. This episode disappointed me slightly.

The xmas episode better explain who the TARDIS hijacker is.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 26th, 2010 @ 02:19 PM Reply

At 6/26/10 02:17 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: The xmas episode better explain who the TARDIS hijacker is.

I'd bet anything that it won't.

Moffat is a pro. Multi-season arcs and shit.

BBS Signature
TheAmateurAnimator
TheAmateurAnimator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 26th, 2010 @ 02:22 PM Reply

That was... the best. The first NuWho series finale that didn't leave me cringing at certain plot points by the end (see: Deus Ex TARDIS, Daleks vs. Cybermen wrap up, Tinkerbell Jesus Doctor, half-human meta-crisis Doctor, most of "The End of Time"). The way the finale connected everything from the series together was absolutely astounding. It also had a lot of little clever time travel moments, especially in the first half, that one would expect a show about time travel to feature more of.

Also, multi-series story arcs? Fuck yeeeeeesssss!

BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Doctor Who Crew Jun. 26th, 2010 @ 02:23 PM Reply

At 6/26/10 02:19 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 6/26/10 02:17 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: The xmas episode better explain who the TARDIS hijacker is.
I'd bet anything that it won't.

Moffat is a pro. Multi-season arcs and shit.

Well not explain it but end it with a hint towards the hijacker. Even so we see River's "first" appearance in the next series.