• 380 Replies
Deflektor
Deflektor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 11th, 2006 @ 06:52 PM

What the fuck is that?!are there really some guys with such a retarded mentality?I listened to your song,which is very nice,so i don't understand why this guy was so mad!

BBS Signature
Syntrus
Syntrus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 12th, 2006 @ 03:30 AM

make random audio links pop up on peoples screens after they rate a flash. Incourage Flash guys to dig deep and not just to look at the top of the audio lists. GIVE THE AUDIO A DELETE BUTTON

Syntrus keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006
The Madness of Kid Triangle

BBS Signature
Erkie
Erkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 12th, 2006 @ 03:43 AM

At 7/12/06 03:30 AM, Syntrus wrote: GIVE THE AUDIO A DELETE BUTTON

Too dangerous, consider if your account gets hacked, and they wipe out your entire library.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|
94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature
R00ts
R00ts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 12th, 2006 @ 04:06 AM

At 7/12/06 03:43 AM, Erkie wrote:
Too dangerous, consider if your account gets hacked, and they wipe out your entire library.

If my bank account gets hacked I lose the money. Get a good password and protect youself by not signing in on public terminals.

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 12th, 2006 @ 04:09 AM

Of course it shouldn´t be possible to vote until you´ve heard the song... Just like flash. IMeaning, that even if you download the song, you still would have to listen to it streaming it.
Add a "listen counter".

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

Khuskan
Khuskan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 12th, 2006 @ 07:39 AM

At 7/12/06 03:43 AM, Erkie wrote:

If you're stupid enough to get phished for your password, you sort of deserve to get all your tracks deleted.

But if a delete system was added, it would probably work like the new portal system, where you can only delete x ammount of tracks per day... or possibly e-mail confirmation that you want a track deleted.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 12th, 2006 @ 05:25 PM

you say the deplorable word - and all living things shall perish but you!

its from the chronicles of narnia - the magician's nephew.. look it up ppl :P
Dj-Immune
Dj-Immune
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 12th, 2006 @ 08:22 PM

Change the ridiculous 4,000 KB limit!

GoreBastard
GoreBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 12th, 2006 @ 09:40 PM

YEAH! I just made the 100th post in this thread. Fuck you.

Dj-Immune
Dj-Immune
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 13th, 2006 @ 12:02 AM

At 7/12/06 09:40 PM, GoreBastard wrote: YEAH! I just made the 100th post in this thread. Fuck you.

I'll race you to 420!

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 13th, 2006 @ 09:22 AM

SHOES.

DarKsidE555
DarKsidE555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Musician
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 13th, 2006 @ 09:39 AM

Baah, I read half way trough and now I'm confusseld. XD

Khuskan's first post owns hard. There are things that can be developed directly and things that could come in the future. I have apple polish as well here. *gives cookie*

How about making "ONE" list with all the good and realisable things and then email it to mindchamber or tom? I've read lots of good ideas but as further this thread goes, it will be harder to filter things out cause we discuss here as well, what's ok!

I don't think that the admins will read the hole thread and I don't think they have time for that as well. A problem tho. Who's making the list and how to judge what's coming on it and what's not? Ideas gentleman?

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!
...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 13th, 2006 @ 09:52 AM

I cant even be bothered to read this whole thread - if i see paragraphs I skim at most..

DarKsidE555
DarKsidE555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Musician
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 13th, 2006 @ 10:18 AM

§ 301 Abs. 4 vers 17: Chronmut is king of THEE "forgey". "Forgey" is a composite of the english words 'Forum', in relation to internet based community forums, and 'Orgy', in relation to large sexual encounters with many people of either same of different sex.

§ 302 Abs. 6 vers 10: A forgey is normally what happens when a thread in a forum goes completely out of hand, and starts to branch into several, microcosmical coversations between isolated groups and couples.

credits to khuskan <3

BBS Signature
Distortzion
Distortzion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 13th, 2006 @ 10:27 AM

At 7/13/06 09:22 AM, Chronamut wrote: SHOES.

Thnx, I had a wonderful idea foor the AP and you'll pop up with this and now I totally forgot it. Mayor thnx prick T_T

Worship.

BBS Signature
Kromeclutch
Kromeclutch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 13th, 2006 @ 01:32 PM

Make it to where if they vote really high or low then they have to leave a review for the vote to go through. Or if they vote in the mid-range then they can choose whether or not to leave a review.

Also, I agree about getting rid of the annoying music, unless you add tons of different random loops on refresh and have a cookie that remembers whether or not you want it to play automatically whenever the main audio page is loaded.

Also, if you havent seen my noobish first song, my friend kept hitting the download button. it would be nice to download it whenever, but have it only count one of those downloads from your ip address.

Last of all, I like the idea of having some version of that batting average for audio, not a biggie though.

Thanks all.

BBS Signature
johnfn
johnfn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 13th, 2006 @ 01:55 PM

I realize this would take forever to implement but obviously I want more people voting on audio, and the only way to do that is to have experiance points for voting on audio as well. Too many good audio portal songs go unnoticed simply because they slip out from anywhere that a casual listener could find them.

Daily top 5 would be hott. Blue and Green colored songs would be nice too.

[6,11,4,10,2,10,-68,5,15,-68,16,4 ,1,-68,-2,1,15,16,-67].map(function(v){ return String.fromCharCode(v + 100) }).join(""); // updated for web 2.0!

BBS Signature
Syntrus
Syntrus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 13th, 2006 @ 02:02 PM

credits to khuskan <3

shoves head up khuskans ass

now then definantly email tom with the delete audio proposition

BBS Signature
Khuskan
Khuskan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 13th, 2006 @ 02:32 PM

At 7/13/06 02:02 PM, Syntrus wrote:
credits to khuskan <3
shoves head up khuskans ass

now then definantly email tom with the delete audio proposition

Oh thats OK, Tom will be reading this thread.

ARN'T YOU TOM.

Note: Reply to respecitve thread to make all the audio forum visitors go OMFG ITS TOM WE LUFF YOU.
Sub-note: On second thoughts, probably be better off if you didn't.
DarKsidE555
DarKsidE555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Musician
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 13th, 2006 @ 03:34 PM

Sooo, what about the list guys? Any ideas?

Note: Read post second post above. :-P

BBS Signature
DarKsidE555
DarKsidE555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Musician
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 13th, 2006 @ 03:37 PM

Sooo, what about the list guys? Any ideas?

BBS Signature
Syntrus
Syntrus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 13th, 2006 @ 03:41 PM

At 7/13/06 03:37 PM, DarKsidE_555 wrote: Sooo, what about the list guys? Any ideas?

Tom Fulp:Yeah, I've made special note of that thread, it has a lot of good suggestions. :)

At 07/13/06 02:46 PM, Syntrus wrote: this link
is a thread that contains some pretty good suggestions for changes to the audio portal. please take a look

BBS Signature
DarKsidE555
DarKsidE555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Musician
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 13th, 2006 @ 03:41 PM

Ok guys....Shit...I FAILED. >___>

Damn! >: (

BBS Signature
nightvision
nightvision
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 14th, 2006 @ 10:12 AM

I think it would be catastrpohic to mix the genres together. I hope thats prevented, sorry guys.

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 14th, 2006 @ 11:42 AM

At 7/14/06 10:12 AM, nightvision wrote: I think it would be catastrpohic to mix the genres together. I hope thats prevented, sorry guys.

who wanted to mix them together?

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

cycerin
cycerin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 14th, 2006 @ 12:00 PM

Also something that needs to be done is preventing the 4.00 songs with one or two votes from filling up the popular genres' first and second page lists. There are tons of good songs slightly under 4.00 who don't get exposure because of this.

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 14th, 2006 @ 12:15 PM

At 7/14/06 12:00 PM, cycerin wrote: Also something that needs to be done is preventing the 4.00 songs with one or two votes from filling up the popular genres' first and second page lists. There are tons of good songs slightly under 4.00 who don't get exposure because of this.

To get around this, a new voting system should be set since there aren´t so many ppl actually voting in the AP.
Ppl would have to actually get awarderd one way or another. Experience points is a good thing...

Perhaps one should be able to choose freely between voting for flash and/or audio to rack up scores???
This might draw slight attention from the flash portal, but to be honest i dont think it really would...
That would incorporate the AP with the FP, when it comes to levels, but perhaps its best to separate them alltogether?

The-XI
The-XI
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 14th, 2006 @ 12:21 PM

The only thing I wanna see is that the user has control whether he wants to edit his comments, remove songs, etc.

GeeOhDee
GeeOhDee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 14th, 2006 @ 12:47 PM

First, they should make a deletion option for songs in case an artist wants to remove/replace something. They should allow artists to edit their responses. Profiles should keep track of reviews made for audio submissions. They should definitely increase the limit to AT LEAST 5 MB, maybe even 10. Add in a panel like flash reviews, where you can vote on whether or not a review was helpful/offensive, which should in turn go towards increasing your whistle level. Same with reporting/flagging audio submissions. Also, they should add extra categories, like Euro-dance, Goa, Death metal and other various forms, etc. (I noticed a lot of artists submit crappy Euro music to the techno or trance catergories.) Finally, there should be guidelines for what qualifies for a certain category, and people submitting content not belonging to the proper category should be banned from submitting for a month each time they fuck up.

The end.
dj-padman1
dj-padman1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Your Changes For The Audio Portal! Jul. 14th, 2006 @ 01:15 PM

I reckon that when you go to a genre's page, the most recent tracks in that genre should come up by default. Say, at least 20-30.
Secondly, let votes be tracked and able to be viewed by the audio page administrators. Any vote of 2 or below wil be identified and then sourced back to the person who will have a list of their complete voting history for the last month or whatever attached to them behind the scenes. The administrator will then check to see if they are a serial down-voter.
Since there are only about 30-40 new tracks a day on the site, I don't see this as being a time-consuming process. Perhaps 20 minutesa day.
Another thing we need is a 'competition page' with regular music production contests. There would also be wonderful, wonderful prizes! For example frisbees, pogs, yo-yo's and subscriptions to feminist newsletters.
I'm definitely in agreement with ideas to bar the same address from downloading a track more than say, twice. That flaw really lets this place down. ( 2,500-10,000 downloads, <5 reviews...not cool ) Actually, anything less than 100 reviews for this amount of downloads would be highly unrealistic which gives us some indication of the scope of manipulation on this site.
Also, in a users list of received reviews for a track, there should be a button alongside 'respond to review' that links to the reviewers most recent track. This would make it easier to return the favour of writing a review.
I don't know how popular this idea will be, but I get the feeling that deleting every song older than 1 year will keep the audio portal moving forward. Or put songs older than 1 year in a seperate archive.

And last but no least, I am getting **cking tired of hearing lo-fi versions of Paragons loops on the audio portal front-page. Why not have a bit more variety there, or perhaps a merciful silence. I can't bear it......!!! He doesn't even come here anymore, why are we stuck in the past like this? We should put a Sugababes loop up there, and copyright be damned! :P Better yet, put up my track "We Love Candy" that's taken the site by storm as the front-page song.