00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Office Robbery

74,658 Views | 486 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:04:27

Think your Monday sucks?

This morning, Stamper, Josh and I were in the office bright and early. Around 7:45, Stamper walked by our "game room" and a guy was standing there in front of the TV. Stamper said "Hey, what's goin' on man?", to which the guy casually responded "Hey, whassup." Stamper assumed it was someone I knew, and returned to his desk. Just to be safe, Stamper messaged my computer asking if I knew the guy in the game room, but I had my messages minimized and wasn't checking up on them at the moment, so Stamper eventually walked over and said, "Who's the guy in the game room?"

I was like... "There's a guy in the game room?" and Stamper was like "Yeah." and I'm like "You're joking, right?" to which Stamper said, "Go look!" (I'm trying to replay this as best I can)

So I walk over to the game room... And I should have grabbed SOME SORT of weapon first, in retrospect... But the game room was empty. So I walk down the hall, and the front door is open. I go outside in the rain and look around. There's no one in sight.

We do a search of the office to make sure he isn't still inside, and to assess what just happened. It's totally surreal, because you don't imagine someone just walking in and robbing the place while everyone is at their desks.

It turns out he took the PS2, along with the Street Fighter controllers attached to it and the Street Fighter Anniversary disk that was inside.

We called the police and an officer came out to take a report. By the description, the officer already thought he saw the guy, walking along the train tracks - a logical getaway, because the train tracks run behind our building. So there is a slight chance he might catch the guy.

What's sick is the thief was probably tipped off by one of the endless number of people who have been to our office. We've had a slew of contractors and delivery people through the office, and almost all of them stop to admire the game room (a 62" TV with a bunch of consoles strewn about). We keep the doors open during the day, so delivery guys can walk right in and drop off packages.

We have an alarm system that runs at night... But who would have thought someone would rob us in blind daylight. From now on, the door will stay locked and cameras will be installed. I was planning to already have cameras installed by now, I really wish I had gotten that done sooner. At least now my paranoia is confirmed.

I'm already looking back and I consider us lucky... Lucky that he didn't take anything too valuable and lucky that no one got hurt. It's hard to even comprehend the mind of someone who can just walk into an office building and take equipment out from under peoples' noses... I wonder if his heart raced when he saw Stamper, or if it was just another day in the park for him.

It really sucks, though... The office is our little comfort zone and that comfort zone has been violated. I'm just glad things didn't turn out worse than they did. Now we just have to carry on our day and get back to work. At least it will stop Stamper, Jeff and Mindchamber from playing Street Fighter all the time. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:05:48

OMFG WHAMBULANCE.

So zetta slow!

BBS Signature

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:08:13

If I had an office with a game room, that shit'd be bolted to the ground.

Please inform us if you get your PS2 back.

Can't you just buy a new one?

"Jayne, your mouth's talking. Might want to see to that." /Ask Me Shit\

BBS Signature

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:08:17

Wow. That could've been a lot worse. Glad you guys are alright. Cameras are definitely a good thing to have installed, but I can't imagine what was running through the guy's head when he walked in there this morning.

Could've been worse though... at least he didn't steal that wondrous TV. :-)

BBS Signature

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:08:37

At 6/26/06 09:04 AM, TomFulp wrote: Think your Monday sucks?

Damn, that really sucks Tom. I do have bad Mondays, but today was really bad for you. :( Stupid robber. Too bad about the cameras not being installed sooner. :| Hopefully that robber gets caught for that.

At least it will stop Stamper, Jeff and Mindchamber from playing Street Fighter all the time. :)

Heh.

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:09:36

Man, that's a complete bummer. I hope the guy gets busted and you get your things back.

At 6/26/06 09:04 AM, TomFulp wrote:
I wonder if his heart raced when he saw Stamper, or if it was just another day in the park for him.

Haha, Stamper is a pretty small guy like me, the thief was probably one second away from kicking his ass :P

Tell Stamper that DirtySyko loves him, and if he needs a hug I'll be here, with open arms and assholes.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:10:02

You should have some kind of lock-down system. You know, heavy doors and crap.

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:10:38

Well, I guess you really got lucky he didn't took anything worse than just a PS2, a game and a controller, but the idea of just having someone just walking in and rob you.

Hope the police catches him.

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:11:30

At 6/26/06 09:04 AM, TomFulp wrote: Office Robbery

Great way to wake up the people of NG, eh Tom? Glad you guys are ok. I wish I could say the same for your PS2. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:11:32

Huh, weird things happen all the time... Nah, caĀ“t trust anyone, always expect the worst and so on...
Better safe then sorry (but donĀ“t gett too paranoid) :)

Sorry it probably feels like your safe-space got raped, but you guys will get over it in time :)
Like you said, you guys were actually lucky nothing worse got stolen, or someone got hurt :-/

Wakka wakka

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:12:00

Ive heard of people doing robberys like this before. They just walk into a building and start taking stuff, everyone assumes they know someone else or they must work there.
What would you have done if you caught him taking the stuff out of the games room? Knocked him out?

BBS Signature

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:13:28

What the fuck?!

Yeah, that's a cocky guy. Guess he was well aware of his chances to be there without awaking suspision though.

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:14:38

Oh no! Not the Street Fighter controllers!

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:14:39

Hahaha, i'm sorry, but i just can't help by finding this hilarious. It's always funny when bad things happen to other people. Oh, i wished he'd stay longer. I bet you'd go all ''EAT LED, YOU SON OF A BITCH!''.

Nah, that sucks. But are you going to get a new PS2 now, or wait until the 3rd get released?

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:15:09

At 6/26/06 09:04 AM, TomFulp wrote: I wonder if his heart raced when he saw Stamper, or if it was just another day in the park for him.

HAH.

He would have if Stamper offered to show him his Penicorn art collection.

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:15:14

hah, damn. That must have been freaky, saying hello to a random kid that just happened to be robbing you. :X

BBS Signature

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:15:49

I hate mondays!
Glad you guys are all right

BBS Signature

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:16:02

At 6/26/06 09:12 AM, Xurch wrote: What would you have done if you caught him taking the stuff out of the games room? Knocked him out?

That's why I consider myself lucky... He was a tall guy, at least 6'5"... And I haven't been getting to the gym as much as I used to. You like to think your invincible, but he probably would have kicked my ass. At least now I have motivation to get back to the gym.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:16:16

You need a scarface style mansion, with guards and guns and a sexy sister to have incestoral relationships with.

Tough luck about the ps2 though :( there's one thing i like after alcohol, football and that's gaming. I don't really do it alot, it's just always there when i feel like playing. Sex is over rated, that's like 5th on my list.

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:18:10

At 6/26/06 09:16 AM, TomFulp wrote: That's why I consider myself lucky... He was a tall guy, at least 6'5"... And I haven't been getting to the gym as much as I used to. You like to think your invincible, but he probably would have kicked my ass. At least now I have motivation to get back to the gym.

How old did the kid look?

BBS Signature

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:18:46

At 6/26/06 09:04 AM, TomFulp wrote: We were robbed in broad day light.

Now that's bad luck, though I must admit whoever did it had balls the size of melons. To steal the console just like it's a daily thing, and to not even moving when Stamper saw him... Hope the cops catch him, unless he hides it quickly, he shouldn't be hard to track.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:20:08

It's a good thing he didn't take the main servers that keep Newgrounds running. Maybe he wanted to steal something since he probably lived nearby and maybe go an unworthy flash that he was too enthusiastic about blammed.

:(

BBS Signature

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:21:54

Whoa!

Pretty freaky stuff, Tom.

Hope you guys catch the bastard.

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:21:55

That sucks. Damn robber. >:(

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:22:32

Oh god, that sounds like a lucky escape to be honest, you should count your blessings. I wonder if he could be a newgrounds member? Get a psycolgist to analyse all the flashes that ivolve the new office, just kidding. Anyway unlucky to the NG staff, that were there at the time.

BBS Signature

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:23:34

Sucks.

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:24:08

oh god that really sucks. i know how to find him though...buy like 25 street fighter games and line them up on the train tracks to your house then wait.LOL. its really weird how that guy just stood there casually. hope ya find hin and please make a new NG nes if you do. thanks
-IJ

WILD CARD!!!

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:24:47

Stealing from Tom should be a new kind of crime. Somewhere between murder and genocide.

BBS Signature

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:27:30

I'm sorry to hear that you were robbed. I am, however, glad that no one was injured. That's really all that matters.

Response to Office Robbery 2006-06-26 09:29:20

You're right, it could have been way worse.

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature