00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Reponses, PMs, etc.

13,341 Views | 120 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:33:04

For the longest time now, responding to reviews has felt like too much of a detour. Artists have been required to access their account panel, visit their submissions panel, and choose to respond to reviews to particular submissions. The process also wasn't too self-explanatory, either; artists were required to click on the review summary line to respond.

This pet peeve has now been fixed! From now on, if an artist is logged in while reading reviews of his work (via the same page everyone else reads), he will have a link to "Respond" under each review. This means you can now respond to your reviews impulsively, rather than going through all the previous steps. We're hoping more artists will respond to their reviews, now that it is a more direct process.

Today also marks the first day that we are sending out private message notifications via email. Email notifications will be sent once per day, and only if you have received a new, unread PM in the last 24 hours. We are hoping this will result in more users checking their private messages. We still have bigger plans for the PM system that will make its usefullness more and more apparent, especially for artists who want to send notifications out to their fans.

Mike Houser (aka Matzerath) has made a new cartoon for National Lampoon! You can check it out here.

Also, I need to start posting links on the topic of Net Neutrality. Check out Savetheinternet.com to learn more about Net Neutrality and why sites like Newgrounds are at risk.

There are laws in place that provide equal access to all websites. Major ISPs have been lobbying Congress to change this, so they can charge a premium to individual websites for faster service. For example, Yahoo could pay Comcast a fee so that Comcast users would browse Yahoo faster than they can browse Google. Read up on the topic and contact your local representatives to let them know your feelings on the matter.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:34:23

Should be good to the flash artists. Net neutrality is an important issue, and I can't wait to see what happens.

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:34:41

Is there an option to change it so that you DON'T get an email notification? I'd much rather not have one.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:35:32

At 6/21/06 11:34 AM, MeatGrinder wrote: First ^^

Ahem, not.

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:35:40

At 6/21/06 11:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: Also, I need to start posting links on the topic of Net Neutrality. Check out Savetheinternet.com to learn more about Net Neutrality and why sites like Newgrounds are at risk.

There is a petition thread about Net Neutrality somewhere on the BBS. You might want to link to it.

As for PMs, that's great, so I dont have to go to my Inbox every time I get on Newgrounds.

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:36:05

yea, net neutrality is uber bad. Since i'm on like 24/7 it'll effect me lol. Oh, and nice new systems. I likey

Hello, from the past!

[ PHP: Main ]

BBS Signature

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:38:59

At 6/21/06 11:33 AM, TomFulp wrote:
There are laws in place that provide equal access to all websites. Major ISPs have been lobbying Congress to change this, so they can charge a premium to individual websites for faster service.

Another reason why I loving living in the UK :D

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:39:10

good job tom

BBS Signature

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:40:36

Wow, that's some bull fucking shit.

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:43:46

Thank god I don't live in the US. I think it's complete bull tough.

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:44:00

We can't let this happen, Just the thought of ISP's ruling what I see makes my typing fingers ache.

First blood! First topic of 2010!

KC Green has just won my heart.

Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:44:35

Great work Tom. It's nice to see the site improving at a gradual pace. Keep it up!

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:44:43

Yeah thats sounds very good. Good work.

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:47:42

Very nice, Tom.

At 6/21/06 11:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: Mike Houser (aka Matzerath) has made a new cartoon for National Lampoon! You can check it out here.

National Lampoon has yet to make a movie/cartoon, that hasn't made me laugh.

Also, I need to start posting links on the topic of Net Neutrality. Check out Savetheinternet.com to learn more about Net Neutrality and why sites like Newgrounds are at risk.

Shall do, Tom.

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:47:45

I cant wait for these PM changes, they sound sexy.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:56:50

These sounds like great updates! =D

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:56:51

Very cool about the review respond thing..
Itl make it much easier for people like me, who respond to every review they get =)

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:57:44

At 6/21/06 11:33 AM, TomFulp wrote

This pet peeve has now been fixed! From now on, if an artist is logged in while reading reviews of his work (via the same page everyone else reads), he will have a link to "Respond" under each review.

Good idea with that Tom! :) Although I will still respond to reviews by using the Grounds Gold Menu.

Today also marks the first day that we are sending out private message notifications via email.

Ah, that's good as well. However, I usually check often to see if I have any new PMs.

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 11:58:24

At 6/21/06 11:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: There are laws in place that provide equal access to all websites. Major ISPs have been lobbying Congress to change this, so they can charge a premium to individual websites for faster service. For example, Yahoo could pay Comcast a fee so that Comcast users would browse Yahoo faster than they can browse Google. Read up on the topic and contact your local representatives to let them know your feelings on the matter.

It's seriously a unfair, unbalanced deal, if you ask me. It would literally force some websites out of business just to keep a decent traffic flow. Especially Sites like NG which depend on advertisements and traffic flow. Without a doubt something like this would cause people to slowly, no pun intended, stop using slower websites. It would also harbor the evils of Web filtering to cut out slower traffic sites. The internet started a free place, it's a shame that it's gotten to the point of ISP's charging the rates they do, and the extreme censorship that has wiggled it's way into all faucets of the net.

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 12:00:05

Nice update.
I was wondering about how to do that yesterday, and searched through many posts before I fifgured out how to get that review reponses done.
thanks

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 12:00:51

Hooray! I love people responding to my reviews!

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 12:01:16

I've been saving the internet for months now.

Looking foward to seeing new features implemented with the PM system.

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||

NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 12:01:43

those fucking bastard always do shit to make more money and piss people off.

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 12:02:15

Nice work, Tom! These new updates are super swell!

Also, I really wish I lived somewhere other than the US. :(

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 12:03:36

Glad to see that if I ever get flash and make a good one I will beesure to use it.
And as for the network neutrality, I have linked that in my two blogs that I run.

Myspace

freewebs

BBS Signature

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 12:04:40

e-mail notifications about pm's?
That sounds useful.

The review-fix sounds good too. Even though I can't make flash to save my own life, I do like it when authors respond to my reviews. The fix will make it more likely to happen, as it doesn't take as much trouble.

D

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 12:11:56

That sucks, didn't a lot of those people start in garages/basements and stuff?

I've been Fab since the re-design,have you?

JUST BECAUSE I LISTEN TO COREY HART :'[

BBS Signature

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 12:18:11

Hahaha! That's great! Now if I only had Flash. :(

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 12:26:12

Nice informative update!

SaveTheInternet? it *shouldn't* affect me, being in the Uk and all, but i'll try and help if i can, if it affects NG.

Also, how are you getting along with the Link to NG Banner Contest ?
I'm already getting PMs asking about it, so i'm just wondering what's happening with that.
no rush, but soon would be nice

Thanks much Tom.

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Review Reponses, PMs, etc. 2006-06-21 12:28:41

Awesome! Instant reply!

BBS Signature