00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

America turning Communist?

2,470 Views | 7 Replies

America turning Communist? 2003-02-13 13:03:15

No, I don't mean that a dictator is going to seize power and turn it into communist nation, but do you think its turning communist naturally?

With illegal immigrants pouring in, a declining economy, and living standards these factor are going to cause a political nightmare sometime down the road. the only feasible option would be communism or anarchy. what's you opinion on the future of America?

Response to America turning Communist? 2003-02-13 13:47:56

It is highly doubtful that the United States is turning into a communist nation. The United States IS NOT turning into a communist nation.

Firstly, during the Great Depression, America did not turn into a communist country, so what would led to it now?

Secondly, the American ideal of Capitalism is so strong and the world is turning to Capitalism so quickly that it would be near impossible for the United States to go communist.

If you have ever read More's Utopia , then you would also know that achieveing the perfection that is communism is impossible and extremely unwanted. No one wants his or her house the same as everyone else in the city.

However, Anarachy, if lead by dissedent's could happen. But it is doubtful that it would last any longer than a day. The Republican system of government is very capable of regaining control.... and in America there are more than enough troops to quitely crush a rebellion.

America is staying the way she is for a long time, and it seems that the world just may conform to her and become mini United States....

Response to America turning Communist? 2003-02-13 17:40:32

America is not communist right now but in the future it might. If war is declared then that will be the first noticable step.

Response to America turning Communist? 2003-02-13 18:06:29

My main question is no so much what will it become but will i still be here to see it. I feel like my life could be ended very soon because of the decision of someone behind a desk. I hated reading about wars and i hate being around while one is coming

Response to America turning Communist? 2003-02-13 22:12:17

I would not say that america is turning communist, but I do feel that our freedom of speech is eroding away. Although I do not agree with the opinions of bigots, it is a sad state of affairs when a person can be fired from their job for making an improper remark. Take Trent Lot, although I feel his comments were inappropriate, I feel they were taken out of context. When he referred to Strom Thurmond's canidacy, he was at thurmond's birthday party. It more than likely was not meant as an endorcement of racism or segregation, but simply to kiss an old man's ass at his birthday party. No sane person would dare make such a remark, especially one in senator lots position, endorsing racism in this day and age. While his comment was insensitive, in the above context did it warrant his dismissal as minority leader? I do not believe the goverrnment itself is becoming communist, but the society is definitely becoming oversensitive and in danger of destroying our freedom of speech. Without that, if our other freedoms should start to dissappear, we will have very little means by which to defend against it.

The Internet is like a screwdriver. You can use it to take an engine apart and understand it, or you can see how far you can stick it in your ear until you hit resistance.

Response to America turning Communist? 2003-02-13 22:18:19

At 2/13/03 01:03 PM, Morextremist wrote: No, I don't mean that a dictator is going to seize power and turn it into communist nation, but do you think its turning communist naturally?

With illegal immigrants pouring in, a declining economy, and living standards these factor are going to cause a political nightmare sometime down the road. the only feasible option would be communism or anarchy. what's you opinion on the future of America?

LOL
you really think that???
man, those americans are crazy.
listen are we, european communists (ok some of us are but i'm talking about the vast majority) NO!!! But we do have social security. What's wrong with taking care of the weaker in our society? do you really believe the law of the strongest is the only good one? may i remind you that the percentage living underneath the poverty line is way higher in america as it is in europe.

and it sounds as if you think communism is a bad thing. what gives you the right to decide wich view on society is bad and wich is good? every system has the advantages of his desadvantages and the desadvantages of it's advantages. many americans see the world in black and white something is good or bad. well it ain't that simple the world is made out of many shades of grey. it's not because someone has a different political or social views on society that he is evil. we in europe have realised that.

btw if there are to many people living on the edge of poverty the capitalistic system collapses. the 1930's are the best proof of that.

Serving Justice to flash since 1999

Response to America turning Communist? 2003-02-13 22:26:38

At 2/13/03 01:03 PM, Morextremist wrote: No, I don't mean that a dictator is going to seize power and turn it into communist nation, but do you think its turning communist naturally?

Hahaha, wait, can't stop laughing, hahahaha!

America is the farthest things from communist. Really if you watch the trend America is on as of late it's moving to the right. It is becoming totalitarian, but not communist. America will surely end up fascist, a right wing totalitarian society, before it would ever turn communist.

As for illegal immigration, that isn't going to spawn a communist revolution. Illegal immigrants are deported when found, so it's not like they would have a tremendous amout of time to organize.

Response to America turning Communist? 2003-02-14 02:59:05

At 2/13/03 01:03 PM, Morextremist wrote: the only feasible option would be communism or anarchy.

Oh my God! I love that line! That's great.