Remisser
Remisser
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-23 13:05:08 Reply

Another problem with the audio section:
When a section gets over 100 submissions - it only shows 100 submissions... No clickable 'other pages'

Here's that problem:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/list.php?which=genre&id=37

EarthCrisis
EarthCrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-24 00:57:29 Reply

How many People have put sounds on NG? just wondering, also what if you just want to play them and dont plan on making Flash

neo-zeak
neo-zeak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-24 16:40:29 Reply

sounds like an incredible idea

StarCleaver
StarCleaver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-24 18:28:28 Reply

cool....you keep adding so many things to NG that just make it a better and better place.

I could surely die
If I only had some pie
Club-a-Club Club, son

BBS Signature
KWAS71KCK
KWAS71KCK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-24 20:28:46 Reply

good addition to newgrounds tom. not much to say, but good addition

Now You Have To Wash The Floor And Do All Of My Laundry!!!!

SPG-1
SPG-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-26 16:17:43 Reply

At 2/19/03 03:45 AM, napalm6b wrote: By the I've actually spent quite a few years studying music and have thrown up a few hardcore metal/industrial riffs at

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id=365317&sub=659

cheers!

Fucking hypocrite!

napalm6b
napalm6b
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-26 18:09:38 Reply

At 2/26/03 04:17 PM, Grencia wrote:
At 2/19/03 03:45 AM, napalm6b wrote: By the I've actually spent quite a few years studying music and have thrown up a few hardcore metal/industrial riffs at

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id=365317&sub=659

cheers!
Fucking hypocrite!

Hmm.....I upload clips with crazy guitar synth and drums, the music is rather odd and I had to compress the shit out of it so the sound quality isn't the greatest. The Rob Zombie groupies probably wouldn't dig it........

However you uploaded standard solo harmonica riffs with loud crackling noise in the background.

You have no room to talk tough guy

I said my music sounds like the Melvins and Ministry if you don't like those artists don't vote or listen

SPG-1
SPG-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-28 15:24:28 Reply

You have no room to talk tough guy

I said my music sounds like the Melvins and Ministry if you don't like those artists don't vote or listen

so, i didn't say it was a bad idea, you did

SPG-1
SPG-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-28 15:40:38 Reply

Although, I am liking that jazz stuff you put up.

RyanAn
RyanAn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-28 17:35:24 Reply

At 2/13/03 09:27 AM, TomFulp wrote: We would like to announce a revolutionary new addition to Newgrounds. Ladies and gentlemen, enter the AUDIO PORTAL!

Newgrounds Audio Repository

This new extension of NG allows musicians to upload their music loops and sound effects, to enter the "NG Public Domain". This means that while you will still retain ownership and credit for your audio submission, users will be allowed to freely use it in their Flash submissions, without fear of royalties or licensing fees!

The time for an audio Portal has come. The net on internet music broadcasting is slowly dropping, and Flash authors will BE FORCED to stop using commercial audio and start using something completely free. The industry doesn't seem to understand the promotion they gain by the works of their fans, so we must turn our backs on it. It is time to musicians and Flash artists to come together directly for the common goal of fresh entertainment!

We now ask that all aspiring musicians on NG start uploading their audio to the repository, and all Flash designers start downloading it for use in their work! We have limited the audio filesize to 400k to avoid file-swapping for entire songs. Any abuse of the new system (ie uploading music that is not yours) will result in account deletion.

This new system will grow organically as it is used, so all feedback is highly appreciated! We want to make this an endless resource for Flash developers, with a wide selection of music! It is also a great place for aspiring musicians to be discovered. We will soon be adding new fields to the Flash submission page, where authors can credit the musicians via unique ID numbers associated with their audio files. This ID is contained in the filename, and will be all a Flash author needs to provide full credit to the musician.

Questions? browse the new section first, then feel free to respond if your questions aren't answered.

I hope this brief explanation is enough to get things started. The new section may be rough around the edges, so please respond to this thread with any suggestions!

SUBMIT YOUR ORIGINAL MUSIC AND SOUND EFFECTS!

Ok, when this post was submited, almost 20 days ago, I was under the impression that this subsite would be solely for authors who wanted to expose self made music/sound effect files who made themselves. The first day I checked it out, there were aproximately 90 entries, and several of them were "legit bands." One of the files was "Offspring -Guitar Riff." I mean, is this really a good idea to have? Self made covers are fine...

Ryan

How you doin?

SPG-1
SPG-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-03-01 15:19:30 Reply

I've noticed little play buttons next to the song titles. I guess they're working on previewing the songs.

Zonz-afaka
Zonz-afaka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-03-02 02:14:34 Reply

Please take a visit my video!!! and please give it a good rating!!! it is simpsons!

king-card
king-card
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-03-02 02:19:31 Reply

vote for my friend on the simpsons wassup!!!
vote for my friend on the simpsons wassup!!!

please vote good he really want it up there!

SPG-1
SPG-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-03-02 17:36:29 Reply

At 3/2/03 02:14 AM, Zonz_afaka wrote: Please take a visit my video!!! and please give it a good rating!!! it is simpsons!

I dunno, I might just vote it down for saying something that's not even on topic.

ayegowj
ayegowj
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Artist
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-03-02 18:44:44 Reply

At 3/2/03 02:14 AM, Zonz_afaka wrote: Please take a visit my video!!! and please give it a good rating!!! it is simpsons!

No.

NG Audio! Go! Go!