Respond to this Topic
bartard
bartard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 12:16:09 Reply

will we get experience points for voteing???

Keyser-Soze
Keyser-Soze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 12:35:18 Reply

What about sound rips from T.V. shows and movies and such? Can those be submitted too, or are those considered copyrighted material?

NG Audio! Go! Go!

Nemiziz
Nemiziz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 12:36:45 Reply

nice one tom! im gunna upload all my loops in a second. jus gunna check it out first. ^_^

b-lame
b-lame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 12:54:04 Reply

simply a great idea. judging from what i've already downloaded NG users have an excellent taste for cool loops.

BUT: this whole idea is SCREAMING for a solution like FlashKits audio preview console. I can't just DL hundreds and hundreds of loops only to see if they're any good. please make something up, so i can listen to previews right there on the site and then decide if i wanna DL. I beg you guys to make something up. thanks in advance.

DanPaladin
DanPaladin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 12:56:07 Reply

Bravo! Makes me want to start making tunes again.

TomokoSasaki
TomokoSasaki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 12:59:08 Reply

At 2/13/03 12:56 PM, synj wrote: Bravo! Makes me want to start making tunes again.

synj? where r u?

Keyser-Soze
Keyser-Soze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 13:04:00 Reply

At 2/13/03 12:59 PM, TomokoSasaki wrote:
At 2/13/03 12:56 PM, synj wrote: Bravo! Makes me want to start making tunes again.
synj? where r u?

Give the man a break, my friend. He released the phenomenal "Synj vs. Horrid" not too long ago. I'm sure he's got something impressive right around the bend.

It's like the Tom Petty song. "The waiting is the hardest part/ Everyday you get one more yard/ You take it on faith/ You take it to the heart/ Yadda yadda waiting yadda yadda"

The same goes for the schmucks bugging Tom about Pico 2. Tom always has a full plate, so ease off.

NG Audio! Go! Go!

Katanaman
Katanaman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 13:24:10 Reply

Well, I think users should have their audio submissions listed in their profile. Maybe you're working on that. I also think people should get experience points for voting in audio entries.

About submiting twice, I don't know. Maybe if you keep the original filename you can make it automaticaly search for a file with the same name and if it finds one, it notifies the artist that it's been uploaded before. You could do the same with the Flash Portal.

TomokoSasaki
TomokoSasaki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 13:29:18 Reply

Give the man a break, my friend. He released the phenomenal "Synj vs. Horrid" not too long ago. I'm sure he's got something impressive right around the bend.

No, he's just not on AIM lately. I don't expect him to bombard out work y'know!!

Katanaman
Katanaman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 13:30:44 Reply

At 2/13/03 01:24 PM, I wrote: About submiting twice, I don't know. Maybe if you keep the original filename you can make it automaticaly search for a file with the same name and if it finds one, it notifies the artist that it's been uploaded before. You could do the same with the Flash Portal.

But it would be possible to have different entries with the same filename. So it could also compare the filesize. That way, it would prevent the same file to be submited again by other/the same user. It may not be possible but it's all I can come up with.

Keyser-Soze
Keyser-Soze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 13:36:41 Reply

At 2/13/03 01:29 PM, TomokoSasaki wrote:
No, he's just not on AIM lately. I don't expect him to bombard out work y'know!!

Oh, okay. I misunderstood. STUPIDSTUPIDSTUPIDSTUPIDSTUPIDSTUPIDSTUPIDSTUPIDSTUPID!!!! (repeatedly smack forehead with balled up fist)

NG Audio! Go! Go!

Katanaman
Katanaman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 13:59:55 Reply

The only thing that concerns me about this audio portal is the quality of the submissions. I believe it will be flooded by crap. You know what I mean, badly sequenced drum loops with no other type of instrument making it interesting and sometimes they're not even looped right. A lot like 70% of the submissions in Flashkit. Is it possible to blam entries?

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 14:00:31 Reply

Good.
You really are turning this website into a " Make you own Flash site". It's great! Now, we've got a choice of musics and a free preloader.
How about a sprites page?
Or maybe there is already a website for that somewhere else.
But still, sprites page!

BBS Signature
Keyser-Soze
Keyser-Soze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 14:04:09 Reply

If I were to submit the "Bloo-bloo" sound that Pac-man makes when he dies, is that okay, or is that stealing from the game?

NG Audio! Go! Go!

Krinkels
Krinkels
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Animator
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 14:04:28 Reply

Fucking amazing, Simply awesome to the maximum! Now, this is for the better.

TheDeadmonkey
TheDeadmonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 14:11:11 Reply

WOW! For me...this music portal is really wiered. I get it and all, but whoes goin to stop us from using commercial music? Thats not the point though.

My suggestion wouild just be that the Audio Portal should have the same layout as the Flash Portal does.
Hmmm well actuallly now that i think about it that would'nt work but there should still be an easier layout for it!

whazzat
whazzat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 14:18:58 Reply

This is an excellent new feature on NG, I am psyched to start uploading loops. A preview feature would be pretty cool, though, so we're not stuck downloading garbage, but that would take a good deal of time to develop, I imagine. In the meantime I suppose the rating system will have to suffice. Perhaps the ability to post short reviews would be helpful, so downloaders know what they're in for? In any case, it's an awesome addition.

NG Audio! Go! Go!

Rebelao
Rebelao
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 14:45:54 Reply

Excelent Idea! You could add a Music Player to test the sounds if you like them, like the one in www.flashkit.com it allows you to test sounds and displays the tones.

ComfortablyNumb
ComfortablyNumb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 14:49:08 Reply

this doesnt sound to good. I already see a stolen song that has been uploaded. I imagine little kids just uploading sounds of them yelling in the mic and farting.. anything stupid. I think this is a waste of bandwidth and wont become popular. Sounddogs.com is a great site that has royally free music and sound effects why not just use that?

uhoh-spagettio
uhoh-spagettio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 15:05:51 Reply

Newgrounds strikes again!
Corny I know.. but still!
Newgrounds has again came up with a totally orignal and genius idea, which will attract more and more attention accross the world.
YOU GUYS ARE GENIUS!

warmgravy
warmgravy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 15:26:34 Reply

At 2/13/03 09:27 AM, TomFulp wrote: We would like to announce a revolutionary new addition to Newgrounds. Ladies and gentlemen, enter the AUDIO PORTAL!

This is sweet, a great idea.

I think you should make it so you can leave a little comment though. Like on how you can review movies in the Flash portal, but much, much smaller.

For example: Minimum of 100-200 characters and have it so there's a thumbs-up, and thumbs-down icon that you can post with it of what you think.

You get the idea.

NastyMan069
NastyMan069
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 15:38:22 Reply

At 2/13/03 02:49 PM, rewriteable900 wrote: this doesnt sound to good. I already see a stolen song that has been uploaded. I imagine little kids just uploading sounds of them yelling in the mic and farting.. anything stupid. I think this is a waste of bandwidth and wont become popular. Sounddogs.com is a great site that has royally free music and sound effects why not just use that?

Yeah, I have to agree there. I have a feeling its gonna get flooded with pre-teens making ridiculous noises and uploading them like nuts. Personally, I think there should be a way for us to "vote" them off like the crap flash movies that we can blam, but hey, i dont know shit, so im just rambling!

NG Audio! Go! Go!

ecstasy122
ecstasy122
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 15:41:23 Reply

Well i dont know. Lets be honest . Most use flashkit because it has descent desing as well as an usable interface. I think to prevent abuse it needs a strong voting system like the f-portal. Like many said before 400kb even under highest descent compression is intended for loops. But some times you need a full featured song. Also it needs a preview section.
But then again you would have a bandwith problem. Im skeptic towards this.

RaGe-UnLimited
RaGe-UnLimited
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 15:49:34 Reply

Good Idea. Hey Tom can I upload a song written by someone else but played buy me?

NG Audio! Go! Go!

nazibomb
nazibomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 16:05:36 Reply

Tom, or anyone else i can address this question to, are we allowed to take files that arent ours and edit them or loop them? like, i dont mean to change another NG users sound, i mean to take some sound clip from like kazaa and have some fun with it. i would like to do it, but i really dont want my account terminated. that would really suck.

BBS Signature
sketch0587
sketch0587
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 16:10:30 Reply

The new portal is GREAT! My friends and I make alot of funny sounds so this is cool for us. One thing, though. Although it's great, I think it would be nicer if it were setup a little more like the flash portal, so you could write reviews, and the sounds could just be played instead of downloaded if you wanted to. (It would be cool if there was a music player in NG) I also think it would be cool if the main page looked more like the portal, and then there would be search music portal where you could choose which catagory. Just a couple of suggestions, otherwise, its greeat!

One of two well known BonusStage alts

Ultimate-Doom
Ultimate-Doom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 16:11:53 Reply

Awsome! thanx tom!

Tool-Of-The-System
Tool-Of-The-System
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 16:15:06 Reply

At 2/13/03 09:27 AM, TomFulp wrote: We would like to announce a revolutionary new addition to Newgrounds. Ladies and gentlemen, enter the AUDIO PORTAL!

If you weren't a guy, I'd {{{}}} ya... Now we can finally get some original music in our damned flashes.

KurtFF8
KurtFF8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 16:33:10 Reply

this is great, i think you should have it list audio submitions on our proflies

thespook
thespook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to NG Audio! Go! Go! 2003-02-13 16:41:44 Reply

Yes. Good Idea. here's two more.
1. A bulletin board for requested sounds and music, and also for voice actors.
2. a button to press for outright bad and/or copyrighted material so you guys can check it out and take stuff off.

Personally i think if P. Diddly can steal sounds, so can we. but he can afford lawyers, you cant.