New Topic Respond to this Topic
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-24 16:33:37 Reply

Mark anything that says that it shouldn't of been on the front page that doesn't include an actual review along with it. Check ALL pages.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/reviews /324362/1

BBS Signature
RohantheBarbarian
RohantheBarbarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Gamer
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-24 17:14:09 Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/reviews /450503

SykoKiller666, Max111 and TheFrankfurter are definitely abusive. Monkyord and superawesomeruben are probably abusive too, not 100% sure though.

Keep an eye on this submission, and all others by this Krinkels imposter, could be a potential hotbed for abuse.

RohantheBarbarian
RohantheBarbarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Gamer
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-24 17:15:45 Reply

Oops, messed up the link.

Here you go.

Phantom
Phantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-24 23:38:45 Reply

Look guys,

I really appreciate all the links for reviews and everything, but that's meant for Rage's thread. We don't go into that much detail in flagging here. Just remind people every once in a while, to check out Rage's thread and we'll be alright, conversation here should be more than idle links.

Thank you.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC
NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.
I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-24 23:44:01 Reply

Trust me, I post less then half of my links here. I found around 50 abusive reviews a day and only share a small part of them here. Also, if someone would bring a subject up then maybe I would talk about something, but until then I sadly can't.

BBS Signature
Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-24 23:45:52 Reply

Ugh, sorry for the lack of activity here, and lack of my work on the userlist.

Things have somewhat changed for me since I had a panic attack around last week, and now my mom is trying to get me back on a normal sleep schedule, meaning no late-night stuff for when I want to work on the list and other things.
Plus, sometimes I feel like I need to take a temporary break from the job at times due to the pressure yet the lack of will to finish it early in the month.
So yeah, there's my story.

In more positive thoughts, I'm leaving for Alabama on Saturday, and I don't exactly know when I'll be back. Thus, I'm gonna need someone to deposit for me while I'm gone. I'd let Gu-rrilla, but since he's done it for me a lot, I feel as if he needs a break from having to deposit from me while I'm gone. That is, unless no one else wants to do it.

TL;DR: not feeling great, leaving Saturday, back whenever.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43
Steam ID

BBS Signature
RohantheBarbarian
RohantheBarbarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Gamer
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-25 05:22:28 Reply

At 7/24/08 11:38 PM, Phantom wrote:
I really appreciate all the links for reviews and everything, but that's meant for Rage's thread. We don't go into that much detail in flagging here. Just remind people every once in a while, to check out Rage's thread and we'll be alright, conversation here should be more than idle links.

Sorry about that Phantom, just that there were no real conversations going on, and I was conscious of my contribution in light of the fact that I'm on probation for another three days.

Won't happen again.

SirFinland
SirFinland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-25 11:32:23 Reply

At 7/24/08 11:45 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: Things have somewhat changed for me since I had a panic attack around last week, and now my mom is trying to get me back on a normal sleep schedule, meaning no late-night stuff for when I want to work on the list and other things.

My sleep schedule is already fucked up. Have been some time too, it used to be to 22.00 (10pm)-6.00(6am) Now it's somewhat 2.00(2am)-11.00(11am).

It's not that accurate though.
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-25 13:40:49 Reply

I didn't manage to get 100 B/P yesterday, which upset me because on the pace that I was going I would have had around 110-120 B/P points. Oh well.. The internet started acting up and I couldn't get on for a good 3 or 4 hours. I managed to get 100 B/P for two days in a row so that's always good. I won't be able to do it again in a while though.

BBS Signature
didit
didit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-25 15:54:55 Reply

id like to join the bbs sub-group please. thx. i may not have ten posts tho...

i make NOTHING...

SoulMaster71
SoulMaster71
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Movie Buff
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-25 16:14:10 Reply

At 7/25/08 11:32 AM, MrFinland wrote:
At 7/24/08 11:45 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: Things have somewhat changed for me since I had a panic attack around last week, and now my mom is trying to get me back on a normal sleep schedule, meaning no late-night stuff for when I want to work on the list and other things.
My sleep schedule is already fucked up. Have been some time too, it used to be to 22.00 (10pm)-6.00(6am) Now it's somewhat 2.00(2am)-11.00(11am).

Me, I go to sleep at 3:30 to 4:00 AM, sometimes even later up to 5:00, and I don't wake up until sometime between 12:00 and 1:00 PM, or if nobody tries to wake me more like 3:00 to 4:00 PM. For most of the summer I'm pretty much nocturnal, I'd rather not be annoyed by people when I'm on the computer or watching TV.

NeonFlame126
NeonFlame126
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-25 16:20:16 Reply

At 7/25/08 03:54 PM, didit wrote: id like to join the bbs sub-group please. thx. i may not have ten posts tho...

Grammar - F

Length - B-

Count - F

You're nowhere near ready to join the NGDD. Come back when you have a lot more posts, improve the length, and fix your grammar problem. You have a long way to go before you're good to join in my book.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü
"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

phantomlassuk
phantomlassuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-25 18:35:27 Reply

Thats funny i thought i was in a minorty, im very much a night owl. I sleep at very odd hours. Well i found a goldmine of abusive reviews ,this morning an alt accout i think. I have done three audios today i got about five left not bad since there are 27 this week. Still got to get round to doing the flash reviews. So how the summer.?

Archer I'm a good shot!

AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-25 22:36:56 Reply

Hey guys I've been non-stop working in the restaurant. Pretty much 13 hours a day. I apologize for the lack of contests as of right now, but one IS coming up. Prepare yourselves.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-25 23:58:14 Reply

At 7/25/08 06:35 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Thats funny i thought i was in a minorty, im very much a night owl.

That's the time that I rather be on, but just because I have to wake up early I usually can't stay up too late.

I sleep at very odd hours. Well i found a goldmine of abusive reviews ,this morning an alt accout i think.

I wish I would of been around because I'm working on getting my gold whistle to deity. It was just garbage two weeks ago and now I'm on the verge of getting a deity whistle.

I have done three audios today i got about five left not bad since there are 27 this week.

I had those finished Tuesday actually.

Still got to get round to doing the flash reviews.

I hope everyone gets to the flash reviews this week so I can have some reviews on my flash.

So how the summer.?

Good, but it's almost over.

At 7/25/08 10:36 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Hey guys I've been non-stop working in the restaurant. Pretty much 13 hours a day. I apologize for the lack of contests as of right now, but one IS coming up.

Yeah, we understand you have to work man.

Prepare yourselves.

Oh, I'm ready.

BBS Signature
SirFinland
SirFinland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-26 04:24:39 Reply

At 7/25/08 04:14 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: Me, I go to sleep at 3:30 to 4:00 AM, sometimes even later up to 5:00, and I don't wake up until sometime between 12:00 and 1:00 PM, or if nobody tries to wake me more like 3:00 to 4:00 PM. For most of the summer I'm pretty much nocturnal, I'd rather not be annoyed by people when I'm on the computer or watching TV.

Being a creature of the night is fun, I get annoyed by other people too when they disturb me. But school is starting soon, and not even the possible apartment near the school won't save me from this sleep schedule. By the way, the clock is now 11.00am and I just woke up.

Phantom
Phantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-26 05:23:48 Reply

At 7/25/08 04:20 PM, NeonFlame126 wrote: You're nowhere near ready to join the NGDD. Come back when you have a lot more posts, improve the length, and fix your grammar problem. You have a long way to go before you're good to join in my book.

I'm sorry, have I magically missed a few years during which you became the leader of the NGDD? Despite your opinions of matters, you have no authority to call anything, or to reject anyone. You are at the bottom of the pit. You are a member, not a leader. The NGDD is a structure, and if you suddenly decide to turn from an upper floor, to a base foundation, it will make no sense.

You are way out of line here. I expect a public apology on the BBS as well as a PM apology to the recruit you just insulted. Am I clear here?

At 7/25/08 10:36 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Hey guys I've been non-stop working in the restaurant. Pretty much 13 hours a day. I apologize for the lack of contests as of right now, but one IS coming up. Prepare yourselves.

No worries, I have everything under control.

BBS Signature
phantomlassuk
phantomlassuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-26 16:51:51 Reply

Thats thats fine you need to have a break, im glad that there is going to be a contest sometime. I thought i would warn people ,although its okay as Wade Fulp sorted this out .A user called Burnzoid has his account hacked. Anyone see the thread?, i got a pm for a game thankfully. I did not click the link it contained a SS virus. I guess maybe none has i just wanted to warn people, in case they still had the pm in the box. Dont click the link. Here the link to the thread http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/9421 28/1.

Archer I'm a good shot!

RohantheBarbarian
RohantheBarbarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Gamer
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-26 17:02:12 Reply

At 7/26/08 04:51 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Stuff

Yeah I got that PM last week. Deleted it as soon as I saw "4chan". Just as well I did, I had no idea about the virus until afterwards.

Phantom
Phantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-26 17:07:22 Reply

Little News.

Mr. Critic here has resigned from the NGDD, with the help of the following PM:

Oh, you are too right. I'm so sorry for sharing my views on a potential member. I'm sincerely apologizing for trying to help out with your decision at all by sharing my views. I'm sorry for any personality I've ever showed in the thread. I'm also very sorry that being the ass hole you are I cannot stand you. I'm also sorry - and this time I'm serious - that I'm resigning.

To him I say, his views of potential members are best kept in the forum discussion, or his over grown arse. Sharing your view will do nothing but frustrate the person who wants to join. The personality you did show, was the equivalent of used toilet paper.

Yeah, I'm an asshole, but you all knew that coming in.

Ok, good riddens.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-26 17:26:01 Reply

At 7/26/08 05:07 PM, Phantom wrote: Little News.

Oh boy.

Mr. Critic here has resigned from the NGDD, with the help of the following PM:

Too bad. He was a good member.

Oh, you are too right. I'm so sorry for sharing my views on a potential member. I'm sincerely apologizing for trying to help out with your decision at all by sharing my views. I'm sorry for any personality I've ever showed in the thread. I'm also very sorry that being the ass hole you are I cannot stand you. I'm also sorry - and this time I'm serious - that I'm resigning.

He's right. We should be able to express our own opinion, but maybe not in the way he did. There's nothing wrong with someone expressing their opinion and I really don't like it when people get mad over someone doing that. Where exactly does it say in any rules that members with no authority can't express their opinion? Like I'm doing right now, does that piss you off?

To him I say, his views of potential members are best kept in the forum discussion, or his over grown arse.

What's that suppose to mean? He did keep it in the forum discussion. He posted it so it's in the forum discussion.

Sharing your view will do nothing but frustrate the person who wants to join. The personality you did show, was the equivalent of used toilet paper.

Yeah, I agree he didn't go about it the right way.

Yeah, I'm an asshole, but you all knew that coming in.

Actually I never heard of you coming in.

Ok, good riddens.

Oh well, no reason to be upset about it now it's over.

BBS Signature
Phantom
Phantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-26 17:31:30 Reply

At 7/26/08 05:26 PM, Corky52 wrote: He's right. We should be able to express our own opinion, but maybe not in the way he did. There's nothing wrong with someone expressing their opinion and I really don't like it when people get mad over someone doing that. Where exactly does it say in any rules that members with no authority can't express their opinion? Like I'm doing right now, does that piss you off?

If you care to look at the top of the page, I here by show you the difference between an opinion, and blunt disregard to our rules, to the leaders in charge of the NGDD and for users who want to join.

"Grammar - F" ? Is that a valid opinion? no, that is a harsh insult to someone who just wanted to join. A proper way of expressing his opinion opinion should say that he needs to work on several features of his posts before applying, I was just shocked by how many people here mistaken themselves for kings and queens of what is a long running club that has kept being alive because of its rules.

Opinions are good, they show we care, but let's put this in real life situations, I am pro choice, you are against abortions, to protest abortions you set ablaze an abortion clinic. You have committed a crime, you showed an opinion, in a socially unacceptable manner. Same applies here.

What's that suppose to mean? He did keep it in the forum discussion. He posted it so it's in the forum discussion.

We have other forums, for such blatant use.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-26 17:38:06 Reply

I will put this first because you missed it the first time around. I AGREE WITH YOU.

At 7/26/08 05:31 PM, Phantom wrote:
If you care to look at the top of the page, I here by show you the difference between an opinion, and blunt disregard to our rules, to the leaders in charge of the NGDD and for users who want to join.

Um, did you read my entire post or just stop somewhere around there? I clearly state that I agree with you and that he went about it the wrong way.

Opinions are good, they show we care, but let's put this in real life situations, I am pro choice, you are against abortions, to protest abortions you set ablaze an abortion clinic. You have committed a crime, you showed an opinion, in a socially unacceptable manner. Same applies here.

I lol every time someone relates the internet not only to real life, but also to a situation so much worse then the one that was present. :)

We have other forums, for such blatant use.

Oh, I guess nobody ever showed me this forum when I first joined.

BBS Signature
Phantom
Phantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-26 17:44:38 Reply

At 7/26/08 05:38 PM, Corky52 wrote: I will put this first because you missed it the first time around. I AGREE WITH YOU.

But you question my decision, obviously regarding expression of opinions, which I support, when done properly.

Um, did you read my entire post or just stop somewhere around there? I clearly state that I agree with you and that he went about it the wrong way.

You also asked if your expression of opinions pissed me off, somewhere along it too.

I lol every time someone relates the internet not only to real life, but also to a situation so much worse then the one that was present. :)

Silly me, I thought the idea of rules and laws should be applied EVEN online, as more than lulz and roflzomg.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-26 17:52:31 Reply

At 7/26/08 05:44 PM, Phantom wrote:
But you question my decision, obviously regarding expression of opinions, which I support, when done properly.

I wasn't really questioning your decision I was more or less saying, "Oh man.. that sucks he was a good member."

Silly me, I thought the idea of rules and laws should be applied EVEN online, as more than lulz and roflzomg.

I learned that from people right on newgrounds that I shouldn't be so serious on the internet and then they always came back to examples that are life risking thinking that it's a good example to explain a situation over the internet. Follow rules and laws yes, but relating someone burning down a building to someone expressing their opinion in the wrong way is laugh worthy.

BBS Signature
Phantom
Phantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-26 18:04:36 Reply

At 7/26/08 05:52 PM, Corky52 wrote: I learned that from people right on newgrounds that I shouldn't be so serious on the internet and then they always came back to examples that are life risking thinking that it's a good example to explain a situation over the internet. Follow rules and laws yes, but relating someone burning down a building to someone expressing their opinion in the wrong way is laugh worthy.

In my opinion, it's all but. I don't seem to follow you when you say that reaction in virtual space has a completely different set of rules behind it than reality. In this day and age where the borderline between the virtual and real blurs, many judges feel badmouthing on the internet (with explicit names) or hacking personal computers just to peep, is as illegal as breaking and entry into a home. Will you try and explain now where they are wrong?

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-26 18:08:29 Reply

At 7/26/08 06:04 PM, Phantom wrote:
Will you try and explain now where they are wrong?

I'm not saying they are wrong, but I've had so many people tell me not to be serious here on newgrounds. A couple of those people were Joshiwa and NEVR. But again you relate an opinion to hacking. Do they really compare? Another thing, could we take this to the PM system instead of posting in this thread and taking up space?

BBS Signature
AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-26 22:51:23 Reply

At 7/26/08 06:08 PM, Corky52 wrote:

Another thing, could we take this to the PM system instead of posting in this thread and taking up space?

Undoubtedly the best idea so far. Please take the rest of the conversation to PMs instead of using the NG for your argument....and it IS an argument - so I don't want any of you to argue with me about it.

Otherwise it's sad to see Neonflame go, he actually WAS a really good member, and reliable as well. I don't think people understand the rule about new members. Perhaps I didn't enforce it enough or strongly enough? Maybe it's my fault. I don't know.

Remember, anyone who is a part of the NGDD is fully entitled to PM one of the leaders if they have a personal problem. I don't want to lose members. In the past 2 weeks we've lost two fairly damn good members and I don't want to lose anymore. If anyone has a problem then you'll need to PM me, Phantom, or DarkSoldier. It's important to me that we keep all of you.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-27 00:12:26 Reply

Don't worry we talked it over the PM system and it literally took one PM to settle it and we really we both were on the same page. It was more or less a small disagreement. Sorry for taking up space in the club though.

How's your job treating you?

BBS Signature
SirFinland
SirFinland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-27 04:54:42 Reply

At 7/26/08 05:02 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Yeah I got that PM last week. Deleted it as soon as I saw "4chan". Just as well I did, I had no idea about the virus until afterwards.

Yea, somehow the word 4chan these days just set off all alarms and I refuse to download anything with that specific word in it. And I do feel bad about Burnzoid and Kuro for losing their accounts for that, they are good men.