New Topic Respond to this Topic
SirFinland
SirFinland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-30 01:23:32 Reply

At 6/28/08 11:48 AM, EvilJesus wrote: I demand that i join the BBS thing or something so i can do stuffs, or i'll quit.

Oh hi EJ and welcome. Still remember me?
Anyway I just got Brawl on Wii and I can pretty much say it takes awesome to the max. So I can recommend it for everyone.

Also leveling up is nice.
jew193
jew193
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-30 02:12:47 Reply

At 6/30/08 01:23 AM, MrFinland wrote: Anyway I just got Brawl on Wii and I can pretty much say it takes awesome to the max. So I can recommend it for everyone.

I think I'm going to get that game soon, and when I do, I'll give you my code. Then utterly destroy you =3

Also leveling up is nice.

Congrats.

billy1273
billy1273
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-30 04:16:29 Reply

Hey! Do you think I may be worthy enough to join the Audio Department or Flash? As I always comment a good review with ideas for an even better game/movie and vote fairly, and I'm also working on some music as I have Able MIDI Editor to create some. :D

BBS Signature
AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-30 08:09:06 Reply

At 6/30/08 04:16 AM, billy1273 wrote: Hey! Do you think I may be worthy enough to join the Audio Department or Flash? As I always comment a good review with ideas for an even better game/movie and vote fairly, and I'm also working on some music as I have Able MIDI Editor to create some. :D

I'm sorry but I can't accept you for any Department of the NGDD. Your reviews aren't exactly helpful to the author at all. If you want to see something helpful to an author I suggest you go to the Review Request Club and look at how the people there review flash submissions. Or if you don't want to go that far look at the members from the NGDD who review flash and audio submissions and you'll find that our reviews are as helful as they get.

Come back once you understand how to review properly, post properly, and understand a little bit more about Newgrounds as a whole, and you'll have a way better chance of becoming a member here. I apologize but this is just the way things have to be.

To answer where I was all of yesterday...

I'm sorry guys, but I don't want to lie to any of you so I'll just tell the truth. I was playing World of Warcraft...all day. It was the first time I really had like...a full day to play World of Warcraft and I took the chance without even thinking twice. My Undead Warlock is now a level 36, and I'm pumped because that means I'll get my Mount in about 4 levels. So I apologize, but I wanted to have some fun for once with my new game lol.

I should be around a lot this week as I don't have work, which is a nice change of pace. I'm fairly excited because I really really hate working, but it pays the bills. We're almost at 400 Pages, which is a milestone for the NGDD, as we've never had that many in the history of it! Keep those posts intelligent though, and we'll be fine!

Hopefully we'll be active this week because I'm gonna be hella bored, and I want to post in here more often and get some reviews done.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-30 08:35:55 Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/44 6754 is stolen from here.http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/vi ew/439144

Get it.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-30 09:09:32 Reply

At 6/30/08 08:35 AM, Corky52 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/44 6754 is stolen from here.http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/vi ew/439144

Get it.

And another.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/44 6756 is stolen from http://caveman-run.freeonlinegames.com/

BBS Signature
Gu-rrilla
Gu-rrilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-30 10:15:59 Reply

At 6/30/08 08:09 AM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Stuff about WoW.

There goes your life.

Anyways, I'm slowly getting the urge to stat whore back.

I should be fully a stat whore by the end of this week.

Well, see ya guys later.

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-30 10:32:16 Reply

At 6/30/08 12:46 AM, DELUCA2400 wrote:
Yeah, but you have to do some digging and I'm just a little lazy to look.

I usually find enough right on the front page to post about ten times a day.

Yeah I show my personal veiws on some topic, but if they wanna talk about Joe Blow and how he's affecting the economic infrastructure of Bosnia I'm gone.

I only posted once or twice there and it was on my opinion of anarchy and how it wouldn't work.

Yayy!!!! I'm planning on learning some programming in college though.

That's good. If I had time to make a website then I would make one for the endless amount of workouts that I come up with.

I'll give it a look. All I remember from the handfull of times there was Rage's Abusive Review thread and as you can see with my garbage whistle, it really helped me out.

Just because stuff is posted in there doesn't mean that it's abusive. I got 3 reviews so far today and two stolen movies. You only got to mark the stuff that's 100 percent abusive. Don't let my garbage whistle fool you. The only reason I have one is because I dug myself in a hole early on and it's a hard time getting out of one.

I only post in a handfull of Clubs and Crews, but for the most part I enjoy the topics alot more because you kinda fell comfy with them even though you don't really know them.

I belong to a lot of clubs. I don't know how many exactly, but I'm guessing it's over 10 of them.

Awww,You don't like vieogames? I play when I get stressed or have nothing to do. I have a job though and it sucks and then college in the fall. Awesome.

I like games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill, but there are clubs for discussion on them.

BBS Signature
SirFinland
SirFinland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-30 14:00:20 Reply

At 6/30/08 02:12 AM, jew193 wrote: I think I'm going to get that game soon, and when I do, I'll give you my code. Then utterly destroy you =3

Oh yes, I almost forgot. If anyone wants to share the Brawl Friend code with me there's 3 ways to do it:
1. Via PM
2. Here
3. By my userpage

Congrats.

Thanks

AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-30 14:33:54 Reply

So I was looking at the top reviewers on NG today and I started to wonder to myself whether there should be power based on the number of Helpful reviews you write. I guess it wouldn't work out at all, too many technicalities, but just look at some of the top reviewers. A lot of their reviews are written just so they could be known as top reviewers...they aren't actually useful reviews. They don't help the author, but instead they're just...there.

I'm sorry for my rant about this but I just find it ridiculous. Some of these users are getting "respect" on NG for having such a high review count when they've probably only legitimately helped about half the people or even less than they've reviewed for.

BBS Signature
sirtom93
sirtom93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-30 14:37:39 Reply

Anyone see fox news where they got pissed of about that torture game.

SirFinland
SirFinland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-30 14:42:37 Reply

At 6/30/08 02:33 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: I'm sorry for my rant about this but I just find it ridiculous.

Meh, it's ok, it's good to let it out sometimes. For myself I could care less about the people on the top lists, I don't know them so why should I respect them?

jew193
jew193
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-30 18:08:21 Reply

At 6/30/08 02:37 PM, sirtom93 wrote: Anyone see fox news where they got pissed of about that torture game.

I did not, I don't watch Fox News. So what are you talking about, and what exactly is it? (link would be helpful) But something about the absurdity of Fox and Giraldo at Large makes me never even have the slightest desire to watch them.

phantomlassuk
phantomlassuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-30 19:20:43 Reply

Well i think the clubs and WI/HT forums are the ones, i post in the most Rage`s one the most. I want to get back to posting as much ,as i did last year. I noticed that some of the abusive reviews ,are taken longer to be deleted then usual. The trouble with general is that there seems to be alot of stupid threads, about fapping and spam. I have seen some good one sbut they seem to be rare. Only another 12 and i have 700 reviews.

Archer I'm a good shot!

NeonFlame126
NeonFlame126
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-30 22:18:02 Reply

At 6/30/08 07:20 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Well i think the clubs and WI/HT forums are the ones, The trouble with general is that there seems to be alot of stupid threads, about fapping and spam. I have seen some good one sbut they seem to be rare.

Exactly what I think, couldn't have put it better myself, in fact. I just don't have the time or energy to look for the diamond in the rough and General. I like Wi/Ht because everyone's nice and it feels good to know you helped someone do something important to them.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü "You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

TheThing
TheThing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-01 01:34:42 Reply

Just so you know, I'm not mad you guys anymore. I was a little tired, and a little pissy, and I felt...well, I posted about how I felt.

So don't mind me, I'm just lurking until I have something relevant to post.

ShortMonkey
ShortMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-01 05:15:12 Reply

At 6/30/08 02:33 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: I'm sorry for my rant about this but I just find it ridiculous.

Well, there's no way in hell Tom or Wade can have a system so someone has to review the reviews (no pun intended) before they get in the rankings of the highest reviewers. And you say they're getting respect but they're not getting respect from the people that are worth getting respect from so there's no need to worry.

BBS Signature
sirtom93
sirtom93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-01 07:20:42 Reply

I believe this is the video - http://zman6919.blogspot.com/2008/06/tor ture-game-in-fox-news.html

AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-01 10:05:19 Reply

At 7/1/08 01:34 AM, TheThing wrote: Just so you know, I'm not mad you guys anymore. I was a little tired, and a little pissy, and I felt...well, I posted about how I felt.

So don't mind me, I'm just lurking until I have something relevant to post.

Ah no worries Thing. Shit happens. It's the end of the school year, summers just beginning, and on top of it once you've been on Newgrounds long enough...you start to hate it a bit. I took about 10 months to a year off and I came back and began to love it here. Dunno why, I just did. Hopefull you'll start coming back here more often, we miss your long arguments with me.

BBS Signature
jew193
jew193
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-01 11:58:23 Reply

At 7/1/08 07:20 AM, sirtom93 wrote: I believe this is the video - http://zman6919.blogspot.com/2008/06/tor ture-game-in-fox-news.html

Mm. I really don't care about that shit, and they bring up moot points because how are violent video games any worse than the news that those exact same channels show, like gang wars and fighting and shit? It's just as bad, if not worse, because it's actually in real life, but those channels try to claim that they are trying to fix the problem. Bullshit.

Gu-rrilla
Gu-rrilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-01 12:22:41 Reply

So guys, what's our plan for Clock Day?

Here's mine:

Well first, I plan on downloading Portal Guard from NGLog.

It'll really help.

Then, sleep a grip the previous day and wake up at 11:30 to start checking the portal because I know some retards are going to start submitting before Clock Day actually starts.

During Clock Day, I'm gonna have Portal Guard pull a feed every 10 seconds so I know when a new submission pops up.

Whilst inhaling gallons of my favorite energy drink, "Crunk".

An hour after Clock Day ends, I plan on checking NGLog like every 5 minutes.

And that's about it.

AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-01 12:26:10 Reply

At 7/1/08 12:22 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote: So guys, what's our plan for Clock Day?

Our goal is to get 1 BLAM POINT for the entire NGDD. I tried to think of something better, but even 5 Blams are pretty close to impossible to get on Clock Day. Which is why I'm enstating a new mission just for clock day.

For every 1 BLAM point you receive, I'll give you 20 XR. It doesn't seem like much, but I add up the XR at the end of the year to see who wins prizes.

p.s. World of Warcraft is down until about 2:00 p.m. Life sucks for me terribly right now.

BBS Signature
Gu-rrilla
Gu-rrilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-01 12:28:53 Reply

At 7/1/08 12:26 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: For every 1 BLAM point you receive, I'll give you 20 XR. It doesn't seem like much, but I add up the XR at the end of the year to see who wins prizes.

Clock Day submissions have only two fates:

1. Pass UJ.
2. Flaggd as "Abusive".

So, have fun with that.

p.s. World of Warcraft is down until about 2:00 p.m. Life sucks for me terribly right now.

Told you WoW would consume you.

jew193
jew193
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-01 12:32:30 Reply

At 7/1/08 12:26 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote:
Our goal is to get 1 BLAM POINT for the entire NGDD. I tried to think of something better, but even 5 Blams are pretty close to impossible to get on Clock Day. Which is why I'm enstating a new mission just for clock day.

Yeah, I don't think 5 is even possible.

For every 1 BLAM point you receive, I'll give you 20 XR. It doesn't seem like much, but I add up the XR at the end of the year to see who wins prizes.

It is now my goal to get 1 blam point. (though it'll probably come from something that was abusive and blammed for that reason)

Going through withdrawals right now?

AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-01 12:40:46 Reply

At 7/1/08 12:32 PM, jew193 wrote: Going through withdrawals right now?

Sadly, yes. My warlock is about halfway to level 37, which means only 3 and 1/2 levels until I get my totally sweet Felsteed mount.

Oh, and if anyone DOES get a blam point, I want the proof to be sent to me via PM with a screen shot of the date and time on NG log.

BBS Signature
jew193
jew193
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-01 13:51:21 Reply

At 7/1/08 12:40 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Sadly, yes. My warlock is about halfway to level 37, which means only 3 and 1/2 levels until I get my totally sweet Felsteed mount.

If I had ANY idea of what you were talking about then I'd try and comfort you.

Oh, and if anyone DOES get a blam point, I want the proof to be sent to me via PM with a screen shot of the date and time on NG log.

Sounds good. It will be my eternal goal to get one blam point that on August 17th.

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-01 14:10:33 Reply

I almost made the where is / how to regular list. I was tied for first with 4 votes, but you need 6 votes to get in. That's alright though, since the voting is every month. It's not like I can't make it some other time.

BBS Signature
jew193
jew193
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-01 14:12:43 Reply

At 7/1/08 02:10 PM, Corky52 wrote: I almost made the where is / how to regular list. I was tied for first with 4 votes, but you need 6 votes to get in. That's alright though, since the voting is every month. It's not like I can't make it some other time.

Well, almost good for you then. But who votes, and how many people vote. And is it a club for the Wi/Ht section of the forums like the C & C Regulars thread? Like is it the same idea, but with voting to get in?

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-01 15:41:48 Reply

At 7/1/08 02:12 PM, jew193 wrote:
At 7/1/08 02:10 PM, Corky52 wrote: I almost made the where is / how to regular list. I was tied for first with 4 votes, but you need 6 votes to get in. That's alright though, since the voting is every month. It's not like I can't make it some other time.
Well, almost good for you then. But who votes, and how many people vote. And is it a club for the Wi/Ht section of the forums like the C & C Regulars thread? Like is it the same idea, but with voting to get in?

It's not really the same. It's really an honor to be voted in on that. The current members all vote on who they would want to be a regular, but nobody wins unless they get atleast 6 votes.

I think you had two votes, if it wasn't you then it was someone else who had the base name jew that got voted.

BBS Signature
jew193
jew193
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-07-01 15:43:28 Reply

At 7/1/08 03:41 PM, Corky52 wrote:
It's not really the same. It's really an honor to be voted in on that. The current members all vote on who they would want to be a regular, but nobody wins unless they get atleast 6 votes.

I think you had two votes, if it wasn't you then it was someone else who had the base name jew that got voted.

Haha, I'll go check it out then. But I can't believe that I was voted on at all and I didn't even know it. I'll go see and make sure if it was me though. I do go there somewhat often though, so...