CowsCanFly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 1st, 2006 @ 05:23 AM Reply

Hmmm... I have an idea!

Let's talk about DT!!

In my upinion the best song they made was "Honor Thy Futher", every one who heard that song (Metal lovers, Rock lovers (even punk rock lovers?!), pop lovers...) loved it!!!

And the best albom was "Awake" becouse he has great songs like:
6-00
Caught In A Web
The Mirror
Lie
and Space-Dye Vest.

Now listening to: Walk by Pantera.

You missed me?

BBS Signature
DreamTheater
DreamTheater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 1st, 2006 @ 05:36 AM Reply

At 10/1/06 05:23 AM, CowsCanFly wrote: And the best albom was "Awake" becouse he has great songs like:
6-00
Caught In A Web
The Mirror
Lie
and Space-Dye Vest.

I agree 'Awake' is good. also that Caught in a Web is awesome but I think Images and Words is better, it has Take the time, Surrounded and Under a Glass Moon. Still, their best album has to be Octavarium. The Root of All evil, THESE WALLS, Panic Attack, Sacrificed Sons and Octavarium are all better than any of the tracks on Awake, bar Caught in a Web as thats in my top 3 :o

Now listening: Only - Nine Inch Nails

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 1st, 2006 @ 06:23 AM Reply

At 9/30/06 10:24 AM, CowsCanFly wrote: Can i join?!

Sure, welcome.

At 9/30/06 10:53 AM, DreamTheater wrote: With or without it, it's gonna be a great year for music for me.

True, but it would be better if DT released a new album next year. "The more, the merrier"

Until there are like 1000 metal albums released in a single year.
At 10/1/06 05:23 AM, CowsCanFly wrote: In my upinion the best song they made was "Honor Thy Futher"

Not heard that song, but I think their best song is Metropolis, Pt. 1. :P

At 10/1/06 05:36 AM, DreamTheater wrote:

Now listening to: Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the Other Side

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 1st, 2006 @ 06:29 AM Reply

Currently, Dream Theater are in the process of writing their 9th studio album; the band is aiming for a Spring/Summer 2007 release. Currently, there are no other details regarding the new album.

Taken from Wikipedia.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
DreamTheater
DreamTheater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 1st, 2006 @ 06:39 AM Reply

At 10/1/06 06:23 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 9/30/06 10:53 AM, DreamTheater wrote: With or without it, it's gonna be a great year for music for me.
True, but it would be better if DT released a new album next year. "The more, the merrier"

Yea but think about it... DT, NIN DVD, NIN album, Iced Earth album, Maybe Hammerfall, Megadeth, Coheed & Cambria the list goes on...

Until there are like 1000 metal albums released in a single year.

Nah that's just mean on my bank balance.

At 10/1/06 05:23 AM, CowsCanFly wrote: In my upinion the best song they made was "Honor Thy Futher"
Not heard that song, but I think their best song is Metropolis, Pt. 1. :P

These Walls. Or maybe Caught in a Web!

At 10/1/06 05:36 AM, DreamTheater wrote:
Now listening to: Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the Other Side

Now Listening: 6:00 - Dream Theater

At 10/1/06 06:29 AM, Nev wrote: Currently, Dream Theater are in the process of writing their 9th studio album; the band is aiming for a Spring/Summer 2007 release. Currently, there are no other details regarding the new album.

'Raise the Knife' and 'Another Won' should be on there.

Now Listening: Dream Theater - Caught in a Web <3

GraemeW
GraemeW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 1st, 2006 @ 12:10 PM Reply

Haha, I haven't posted on here in a little while. Looks like everything's going well. I have been listening to a lot of Rammstein lately. I have really branched musically in the past couple months. Listening to many things that I never would have dreamt of.

CowsCanFly
CowsCanFly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 2nd, 2006 @ 04:52 AM Reply

At 10/1/06 05:36 AM, DreamTheater wrote: I agree 'Awake' is good. also that Caught in a Web is awesome but I think Images and Words is better, it has Take the time, Surrounded and Under a Glass Moon. Still, their best album has to be Octavarium. The Root of All evil, THESE WALLS, Panic Attack, Sacrificed Sons and Octavarium are all better than any of the tracks on Awake, bar Caught in a Web as thats in my top 3 :o

OMG you are so right!!! silly me... :P

Hmmmmmm... (Too much quoted taxt)

Now listening to: Eve by Dream Theater.

You missed me?

BBS Signature
DreamTheater
DreamTheater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 2nd, 2006 @ 05:49 AM Reply

At 10/2/06 04:52 AM, CowsCanFly wrote: OMG you are so right!!! silly me... :P

I don't have Train of Thought and Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence yet :( But I bet they're like the best 2 albums :p Are they?

Now listening to: Eve by Dream Theater.

Now listening: Massive Attack - Butterfly Caught

CowsCanFly
CowsCanFly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 2nd, 2006 @ 06:11 AM Reply

At 10/2/06 05:49 AM, DreamTheater wrote: I don't have Train of Thought and Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence yet :( But I bet they're like the best 2 albums :p Are they?

Holy Fuck?!?!?! You don't have Train Of Thought?!?!?! It has the best song ever played by DT!!!!! Honor Thy Futher!!!!! It's the Second best albom (after awake, and before octavarium).... (in my apinion... :D)

I got "Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence" a week ago (My sisters boyfriend gave me...), it has great songs, if you have the albom "Live at Budokan", the songs "Disappear", "Goodnight Kiss", "Solitary Shell", "The Test that Stumped Them All" and "War Inside My Head" are in both alboms.

Do you have MSN? we can talk... (P.M. me... (:)

Now listening to: 5 Minutes Alone by Pantera.

You missed me?

BBS Signature
Justin
Justin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 2nd, 2006 @ 09:26 AM Reply

At 10/2/06 06:11 AM, CowsCanFly wrote:
At 10/2/06 05:49 AM, DreamTheater wrote: I don't have Train of Thought and Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence yet :( But I bet they're like the best 2 albums :p Are they?
Holy Fuck?!?!?! You don't have Train Of Thought?!?!?! It has the best song ever played by DT!!!!! Honor Thy Futher!!!!! It's the Second best albom (after awake, and before octavarium).... (in my apinion... :D)

For some reason the fact that you keep saying "Futher" rather than "Father" amuses me greatly. I wouldn't say I agree that Train of Thought is the second best album, but it does have some great songs on it. Honestly, I would rank Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence higher, because of songs like The Glass Prison, Disappear and Solitary Shell. Amazing stuff. That being said, both albums are essential in a good DT collection.

CowsCanFly
CowsCanFly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 2nd, 2006 @ 09:45 AM Reply

At 10/2/06 09:26 AM, Justin wrote: For some reason the fact that you keep saying "Futher" rather than "Father" amuses me greatly. I wouldn't say I agree that Train of Thought is the second best album, but it does have some great songs on it. Honestly, I would rank Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence higher, because of songs like The Glass Prison, Disappear and Solitary Shell. Amazing stuff. That being said, both albums are essential in a good DT collection.

Oh... it's always too late.... i press "post" than i say "Oh wait!! fuck...."
I Donno, all the DT songs are great.... i don't car what DT albom i the best... 'Couse the all are great!!!!

Listening to: You Not Me by DT

You missed me?

BBS Signature
DreamTheater
DreamTheater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 2nd, 2006 @ 10:11 AM Reply

At 10/2/06 09:26 AM, Justin wrote: Amazing stuff. That being said, both albums are essential in a good DT collection.

This is what bothers me. I can't decide which of the two to get next! Infact i'll probably get both, then all that's left is Falling Into Infinity and When a Dream and Day Unite. Then there 4 remaining Live albums.

CowsCanFly
CowsCanFly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 2nd, 2006 @ 10:29 AM Reply

At 10/2/06 10:11 AM, DreamTheater wrote:
This is what bothers me. I can't decide which of the two to get next! Infact i'll probably get both, then all that's left is Falling Into Infinity and When a Dream and Day Unite. Then there 4 remaining Live albums.

yeah... you should...

You missed me?

BBS Signature
Crashedd
Crashedd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 2nd, 2006 @ 11:01 AM Reply

At 10/1/06 12:10 PM, GraemeW wrote: Listening to many things that I never would have dreamt of.

Well Im happy for you... Er does "would have" mean that you dream about Rammstien songs now?? Some of that shit is really wack from what I've read of the translations....

Like, REALLY wack!

Eg: From "Zwitter"
I am alone but not alone
I can be together with myself
Early I kiss my reflection
And at night I fall asleep with myself
When the others searched for girls
I could already fertilize myself
I am not even downhearted then
When one tells me "fuck yourself"

Yeaaaah. The musicianship is cool though, I play a cover of "Links 2 3 4" with a band Im in.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 2nd, 2006 @ 01:42 PM Reply

At 10/2/06 06:11 AM, CowsCanFly wrote: Holy Fuck?!?!?! You don't have Train Of Thought?!?!?!

Hey hey hey, I also don't have Train of Thought yet, although I do plan to get that album very soon possibly with Octavarium as well. :P I can get both albums for about £13 together including postage. The rest of the DT albums will probably have to wait for now.

Formerly Bahamut

DreamTheater
DreamTheater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 2nd, 2006 @ 01:52 PM Reply

At 10/2/06 01:42 PM, Bahamut wrote: Hey hey hey, I also don't have Train of Thought yet, although I do plan to get that album very soon possibly with Octavarium as well. :P I can get both albums for about £13 together including postage. The rest of the DT albums will probably have to wait for now.

Octavarium is the 5th best album of all time. My numbers don't lie...

1 Faith No More - King for a Day, Fool for a Lifetime 752

1 A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms 752

3 Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth 728

4 Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral 721

5 DREAM THEATER - OCTAVARIUM 624

6 Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile 533

7 Nine Inch Nails - And All That Could Have Been 442

8 Faith No More - Hard Rock Caca 342 <--- that's a bootleg btw :O

9 In Flames - Reroute to Remain 340

9 Faith No More - Album of the Year 340

Taken straight from my last.fm page!
Insert-Pie
Insert-Pie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 3rd, 2006 @ 01:30 AM Reply

I don't really see why everyone likes Octavarium so much. Don't get me wrong, it's a great album, but it's not one of my favorites. I tend to not listen to it much, much like 'Falling into Infinity' (probably the least good album). Maybe I was let down a bit because I had high hopes for it. But to me it just seems a bit 'hollow' (only word I could think of to describe it).

Personally, my favorite album is 'Scenes from a Memory'. I think it has the best mix of awesome music, diverse tracks and interesting lyrics. I remember when I first borrowed it off a friend. I went through a phase of listning to it every night, start to finish, for about 3 weeks in a row.

Favorite tracks:
Strange Deja Vu
Home (one of the best DT songs ever)
The Dance Of Eternity (awesome ragtime solo)
Finally Free

The best thing about it is that every track is a good song, something that really makes a solid album. There's a feeling to this album that I haven't encountered on any other Dream Theater release. Seperatley, the songs are great, but when you listen to the whole thing, it is truely an experience. In a word, it's a masterpiece, something I don't think Dream Theater have managed to capture with any of thier other cds, although 'Train of Thought' comes close.

DreamTheater
DreamTheater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 3rd, 2006 @ 04:55 AM Reply

At 10/3/06 01:30 AM, Insert-Pie wrote: I don't really see why everyone likes Octavarium so much. Don't get me wrong, it's a great album, but it's not one of my favorites. I tend to not listen to it much, much like 'Falling into Infinity' (probably the least good album). Maybe I was let down a bit because I had high hopes for it. But to me it just seems a bit 'hollow' (only word I could think of to describe it).

I listened through Octavarium 50 times straight before I chose to listen to something else. Ask Bahamut, he thought i'd gone insane.

The best thing about it is that every track is a good song, something that really makes a solid album.

That's how I feel about Images and Words, and surprisingly Metropolis, Pt.1: The Miracle and the Sleeper is my least favourite track by far...

There's a feeling to this album that I haven't encountered on any other Dream Theater release. Seperatley, the songs are great, but when you listen to the whole thing, it is truely an experience. In a word, it's a masterpiece, something I don't think Dream Theater have managed to capture with any of thier other cds, although 'Train of Thought' comes close.

I can definitely agree there that it's truly an experience, but in fairness Through Her Eyes isn't what i'd call great... I can't talk about Train of Thought because I still don't have it. But, I think Images and Words is awesome all the way through. Octavarium would be if it wasn't for 'The Answer Lies Within', i'm just not a fan of it after about 80 listens...

I really think the reason I don't like Scenes From a Memory as much as a couple of other albums is because there's the resemblance to Metropolis, Pt.1 and as I said before, it's by far the weakest track on Images and Words in my opinion. Another thing about Scenes from a Memory is that to me it didn't seem to have an 'Under a Glass Moon' or a 'These Walls' or a 'Caught in a Web', you know, the sort of track that stands out from the others and is truly great. Home is good, as is Strange Deja Vu but neither of them stood out as one of those sorts of tracks to me so I felt it lacked a little.

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 4th, 2006 @ 11:14 AM Reply

Went CD shopping today, saw Octavarium on sale for £3.... couldn't help but buy it... not listened yet. But I don't really have high hopes... like I've said before, I prefer the Moore period of DT.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 4th, 2006 @ 11:17 AM Reply

At 10/3/06 01:30 AM, Insert-Pie wrote: Favorite tracks:
Home (one of the best DT songs ever)

Hmm, I found that song a bit too slow, but alright.

The Dance Of Eternity (awesome ragtime solo)

Good instrumental song.

Finally Free

Another good song from Scenes from a Memory.

At 10/3/06 04:55 AM, DreamTheater wrote: I listened through Octavarium 50 times straight before I chose to listen to something else. Ask Bahamut, he thought i'd gone insane.

Yeah, you were fucking insane.

That's how I feel about Images and Words, and surprisingly Metropolis, Pt.1: The Miracle and the Sleeper is my least favourite track by far...

Hahaha, you're gay! :P

I really think the reason I don't like Scenes From a Memory

There were a few crap songs on Scenes from a Memory. Good album overall, however.

Formerly Bahamut

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 4th, 2006 @ 11:20 AM Reply

At 10/4/06 11:17 AM, Helloween wrote:

I concur.

BBS Signature
DreamTheater
DreamTheater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 4th, 2006 @ 02:43 PM Reply

At 10/4/06 11:17 AM, Helloween wrote:

Who's the one that's named after a band!.. oh wait...

There were a few crap songs on Scenes from a Memory. Good album overall, however.

I love how much you hate 'Through Her Eyes'

At 10/4/06 11:20 AM, Nev wrote: At 10/4/06 11:17 AM, Helloween wrote: Hahaha, you're gay! :P
I concur.

How do you have the nerve to concur when you said this... :O

At 10/4/06 11:14 AM, Nev wrote: saw Octavarium on sale couldn't help but buy it... I don't really have high hopes

You slag! It's like, the best DT album.

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 4th, 2006 @ 03:36 PM Reply

At 10/4/06 02:43 PM, DreamTheater wrote:
saw Octavarium on sale couldn't help but buy it... I don't really have high hopes

No Kevin Moore... or no Derek Sherinian :(. They were only keyboardists, but the period they were with the band that wrote brilliant songs and obviously inspired something in Petrucci. Hence the reason nothing tops the brilliance of Metropolis and A Change of Seasons. Though I've not heard Scene's From A Memory. I'll make sure thats the next DT album I pick up.

BBS Signature
DreamTheater
DreamTheater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 4th, 2006 @ 04:06 PM Reply

At 10/4/06 03:36 PM, Nev wrote: Though I've not heard Scene's From A Memory. I'll make sure thats the next DT album I pick up.

Octavarium, Images and Words and Awake are all a load better than it. It doesn't have that one stand out song in it either.

CowsCanFly
CowsCanFly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 4th, 2006 @ 05:09 PM Reply

At 10/2/06 01:42 PM, Helloween wrote:
At 10/2/06 06:11 AM, CowsCanFly wrote: Holy Fuck?!?!?! You don't have Train Of Thought?!?!?!
Hey hey hey, I also don't have Train of Thought yet, although I do plan to get that album very soon possibly with Octavarium as well. :P I can get both albums for about £13 together including postage. The rest of the DT albums will probably have to wait for now.

It's really too bad, this are just graet alboms!
I just bought:
Live Scenes from New York (Disc 1)
Live Scenes from New York (Disc 2)
Live Scenes from New York (Disc 3)
Once In A LIVEtime - Disc 1
Once In A LIVEtime - Disc 2

Now i have all the discogrphy of DT!!!!! no one can be happier!!!

I have the dvd of DT playing at budokan, hour and a half of DT LIVE!!!!!!!!!

You missed me?

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 5th, 2006 @ 03:37 PM Reply

I would just like to say sorry to Octavarium.... I had a little listen in the car (first three songs) and I was blown away. I think having low expectations helped.... but yeh, boy was I wrong. Its very much on par with the Moore/Sherinian era of DT. Rudass is off the hook.

I wanna listen to the rest of it... but I refuse to listen to a Dream Theater song (or any complex song) out of the left speaker only. Seeing as I'm gonna be missing out on the half the song (as most decent acts actually pan their songs... especially prog bands). Although my sexy 30w surround sound PC speakers should be coming soon (like tomorrow or Saturday).... w00t :D.

But yeah, sorry Octavarium *hugs*

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 5th, 2006 @ 03:42 PM Reply

At 10/4/06 02:43 PM, DreamTheater wrote: Who's the one that's named after a band!.. oh wait...

Helloween > You! BITCH!

I love how much you hate 'Through Her Eyes'

It sounds like a shitty pop song. No offence Dream Theater.

I'll try and get it tomorrow if I see it for £3 from Music Zone. If not, I'll kill whoever bought that one octavarium CD in MusicZone. XP

Formerly Bahamut

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 5th, 2006 @ 03:55 PM Reply

At 10/5/06 03:42 PM, Helloween wrote: I'll try and get it tomorrow if I see it for £3 from Music Zone. If not, I'll kill whoever bought that one octavarium CD in MusicZone. XP

I'll buy it for you cause I'm nice if you can't XD

BBS Signature
DreamTheater
DreamTheater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 5th, 2006 @ 04:00 PM Reply

At 10/5/06 03:42 PM, Helloween wrote: Helloween > You! BITCH!

I sincerely doubt that. Sincerely. Nine Inch Nails > Faith No More > Dream Theater > Helloween.

I'll try and get it tomorrow if I see it for £3 from Music Zone. If not, I'll kill whoever bought that one octavarium CD in MusicZone. XP
At 10/5/06 03:37 PM, Nev wrote: I would just like to say sorry to Octavarium.... I had a little listen in the car (first three songs) and I was blown away.

The Root of All Evil and These Walls are two of my favourites. I bought the album with only one DT song under my belt, 'Burning My Soul' from the Falling to Infinity album, which from what I can tell, is not prog in the slightest.

I think having low expectations helped.... but yeh, boy was I wrong. Its very much on par with the Moore/Sherinian era of DT. Rudass is off the hook.

I like his bald head.

I wanna listen to the rest of it... but I refuse to listen to a Dream Theater song (or any complex song) out of the left speaker only. Seeing as I'm gonna be missing out on the half the song (as most decent acts actually pan their songs... especially prog bands).

Yes I notice that in my mates car, the sound only comes out of the right speaker because he doesn't have a CD player, so he uses this tape thing that you plug into the speaker bit of a walkman; the wire is old and twisted and shitty, you know?

Although my sexy 30w surround sound PC speakers should be coming soon (like tomorrow or Saturday).... w00t :D.

You should get your dad to buy some speakers aswell, that way if yours bust again, you can use my backup plan ;D

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew Oct. 5th, 2006 @ 04:10 PM Reply

At 10/5/06 04:00 PM, DreamTheater wrote: I sincerely doubt that. Sincerely. Nine Inch Nails > Faith No More > Dream Theater > Helloween.

Lol no... Kiske > Renzor.

You should get your dad to buy some speakers aswell, that way if yours bust again, you can use my backup plan ;D

My dad is a technophobic Welshman.... that'll never happen.

BBS Signature