New Topic Respond to this Topic
Insert-Pie
Insert-Pie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-05 06:07:38 Reply

At 11/3/06 09:34 AM, Crashedd wrote: So there I was last night, wearing a DT hoodie.
And I got punched in the head and got a face full of stones.
Oh and I was called a hippie.

That sucks man.

What do you cats think of Acid Rain?, Personally i cant get enough of it.

You mean the Liquid Tension Experiment song? I fucking love it. It's easily my favorite LTE song. It gets my dick way hard.

Or is this thread still alive.....

Barely. I've been wanting it to be more active, but I don't really have much to say most of the time, and it seeems no one else does either.

How many people here have the new DVD 'Score'? I've been waiting for it to come out for a while. One of my friends dad's got it the other day, so I'll probably go looking for it.

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-05 07:01:55 Reply

At 11/5/06 06:07 AM, Insert-Pie wrote: How many people here have the new DVD 'Score'? I've been waiting for it to come out for a while. One of my friends dad's got it the other day, so I'll probably go looking for it.

I'd get it, but its dear, and I'm poor. I wonder if its cheap on Amazon, I'll checkaroo.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
PenisClown
PenisClown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-05 07:16:07 Reply

Horay for activeness!

I don't want this place to die.... I'm going to look around for score tomorrow, see if it's been released here or not.

Metal Hell.
Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-05 07:24:24 Reply

I had a long train journey and listened to Awake for one third of it... well on sixth counting there and back.
And does any one have the urge to cum on Space-Dye Vest's metaphorically breasts?

BBS Signature
Crashedd
Crashedd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-07 12:53:24 Reply

At 11/5/06 06:07 AM, Insert-Pie wrote: That sucks man.

Yo thanks!

What do you cats think of Acid Rain?, Personally i cant get enough of it.
You mean the Liquid Tension Experiment song? I fucking love it. It's easily my favorite LTE song. It gets my dick way hard.

Heh, the solos are well fucking cool.

Or is this thread still alive.....
Barely. I've been wanting it to be more active, but I don't really have much to say most of the time, and it seeems no one else does either.

Then how about we have a collaberation or something?, This is a flash website, how about we throw together a collab of a DT song maybe?

How many people here have the new DVD 'Score'? I've been waiting for it to come out for a while. One of my friends dad's got it the other day, so I'll probably go looking for it.

I was going to, but I bought my friends a roun of beer instead, phooey.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-11 13:19:08 Reply

I bought Train of Thought today and have listened. I think it's a great album! :D Not sure on my favourite tracks yet, though.

At 11/5/06 07:16 AM, Diabolis wrote: Horay for activeness!

But that didn't last long. :(

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Insert-Pie
Insert-Pie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-12 07:08:29 Reply

At 11/11/06 01:19 PM, Bahamut wrote: I bought Train of Thought today and have listened. I think it's a great album! :D Not sure on my favourite tracks yet, though.

Your talk of Train of Thought has prompted me to start listning to it once again. I haven't even so much as glanced at it for a few months.

Where do I even begin to talking about this album? It's fantastic. Even though it only has 7 songs, they're all excellent (except for Honour Thy Father. Vacant isn't that great either). "Stream of Consciousness" is amazing, probably my favorite song off the album.

I also like the direction Dream Theater took with ToT. It's a lot heavier than anything they're done before. As I enjoy the heavy metal aspect of Dream Theater the most, I love listning to this album almost more than any other Dream Theater release.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-12 10:05:36 Reply

At 11/12/06 07:08 AM, Insert-Pie wrote: Where do I even begin to talking about this album? It's fantastic. Even though it only has 7 songs, they're all excellent (except for Honour Thy Father. Vacant isn't that great either). "Stream of Consciousness" is amazing, probably my favorite song off the album.

The only track I find not so good is Vacant. It's just another calm track like Wait for Sleep that isn't anything special. All the other tracks on Train of Thought have made me think, "Whoa!" especially how the whole album has reminded me of bands like Metallica, KoRn, Slipknot (I'm not joking, This Dying Soul did remind me of Slipknot) and a few more bands. Right now, I'm thinking about the end of Stream of Consciousness and it sounded very familiar to me and I'm thinking which song sounded similar to it.

Formerly Bahamut

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-12 10:28:42 Reply

At 11/12/06 10:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: It's just another calm track like Wait for Sleep that isn't anything special.

Are you suggesting Wait for Sleep isn't anything special? Cause if so, fuck you >:(.

I are listening to Awake, I'm gonna listen to Octavarium in a tick (only Space-Dye Vest left).
And its about time... I've had it for ages :P.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-12 11:47:36 Reply

At 11/12/06 10:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: Right now, I'm thinking about the end of Stream of Consciousness and it sounded very familiar to me and I'm thinking which song sounded similar to it.

And it was Orion that sounded familar to the end of Stram of Consciousness. :D I'm happy now.

At 11/12/06 10:28 AM, Nev wrote: Are you suggesting Wait for Sleep isn't anything special?

Yes.

Cause if so, fuck you >:(

<3

And its about time... I've had it for ages :P.

You still havn't fully listened to Octavarium? XD

Formerly Bahamut

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-12 13:03:01 Reply

At 11/12/06 11:47 AM, Bahamut wrote: Yes.

Standing by the window... I'm gonna rape you!

You still havn't fully listened to Octavarium? XD

I was holding it off until I got my new speakers, as I didn't want to hear DT through one speaker, it'd have ruined the first listen experience.
And when I got my new speakers I have so many albums to listen to that I couldn't be arsed listening to any of them. But yeah, I'm near the end of Octavarium as I type this. Its a great album :D.

I'll need to give the song Octavarium a few more listens to really appreciate it, but it sounds good for a first listen. What I'm looking for is if A Change of Seasons has competition :P.

BBS Signature
Insert-Pie
Insert-Pie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-12 21:18:17 Reply

At 11/12/06 10:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: The only track I find not so good is Vacant.

The only reason I like Vacant is because it leads into Stream of Consciousness. It's kinda like an intro to it. You have have to listen to both tracks back to back, as if they're one song. But as far as being a stand alone song, Vacant isn't that great.

At 11/12/06 11:47 AM, Bahamut wrote:
And it was Orion that sounded familar to the end of Stram of Consciousness. :D I'm happy now.

Orion, eh? Hmmm, I've never made that connection before. I shall check that out now....

At 11/12/06 10:28 AM, Nev wrote:
Are you suggesting Wait for Sleep isn't anything special?

It isn't. Not saying that it's not good, but in comparison to other Dream Theater songs, it's pretty ordinary.

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-13 09:46:24 Reply

At 11/12/06 09:18 PM, Insert-Pie wrote: It isn't. Not saying that it's not good, but in comparison to other Dream Theater songs, it's pretty ordinary.

>:( Its extra-fucking-ordinary!

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-13 13:12:36 Reply

At 11/12/06 01:03 PM, Nev wrote: Standing by the window... I'm gonna rape you!

That's nice.

I'll need to give the song Octavarium a few more listens to really appreciate it, but it sounds good for a first listen.

Did you find a little bit boring? :P

At 11/12/06 09:18 PM, Insert-Pie wrote: Orion, eh? Hmmm, I've never made that connection before. I shall check that out now....

When I heard the ending of Stream of Consciousness, I thought it was really familiar to me and knew it was from a Metallica song it sounded similar to. Then again, there are some really Metallica-ish parts on Train of Thought.

It isn't. Not saying that it's not good, but in comparison to other Dream Theater songs, it's pretty ordinary.

I think Nev loves that song because of Moore.

Formerly Bahamut

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-13 14:51:23 Reply

At 11/13/06 01:12 PM, Bahamut wrote: Did you find a little bit boring? :P

Nooo I liked it. Its just long songs never settle in after one listen (unless its 'To Bid You Farewell' by Opeth). I need to get accustomed with it.

Oh, and shut up!? >:(

I think Nev loves that song because of Moore.

You couldn't be any more correct :).
Moore > All.

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-19 08:29:16 Reply

I've been getting into Dream Theater a lot more recently. I've not listened to them for a while, but I've been giving Awake and Octavarium some spins.

Octavarium is amazing.... I shall never belittle Mr Rudess again...

Though Moore and Sherinian > Rudess :D

BBS Signature
Insert-Pie
Insert-Pie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-20 03:41:21 Reply

At 11/19/06 08:29 AM, Nev wrote:
I shall never belittle Mr Rudess again...

Jordan Rudess is easily the most technically technically proficient member of Dream Theater (and that's saying something). He's a fucking machine. You just rocks so damn much. He pisses all over any other keyboard player.

If you haven't listened to his solo work, I reccomend you do.
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-20 10:10:20 Reply

At 11/20/06 03:41 AM, Insert-Pie wrote: Jordan Rudess is easily the most technically technically proficient member of Dream Theater (and that's saying something).

No WAI! Portnot, Myung and Petrucci are ownage.... and Moore is well more rocking... Metropolis?!

If you haven't listened to his solo work, I reccomend you do.

I'll check it out sometime.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-20 13:54:01 Reply

At 11/19/06 08:29 AM, Nev wrote: I've been getting into Dream Theater a lot more recently. I've not listened to them for a while, but I've been giving Awake and Octavarium some spins.

I've not given enough listens to Awake. I don't know why. Maybe there were some songs at the end that didn't interest me. I'll need to listen to Awake again. Also, about Train of Thought, I noticed the start Endless Sacrifice sounds a bit like Judas Priest's Beyond the Realms of Death (just the very start).

Hai, I'm Nev and I <3 Moore so fucking much, lolz.

Formerly Bahamut

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-20 15:04:16 Reply

At 11/20/06 01:54 PM, Bahamut wrote: I've not given enough listens to Awake. I don't know why.

Neither have I to be honest. I would, but I just fucking love Octavarium :D.
In terms of cost its probably the best album I've ever bought, <£3 for something this good?

Hai, I'm Nev and I <3 Moore so fucking much, lolz.

Just cause I don't love you.

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-11-29 15:22:34 Reply

Octavairum Analysis.
Pretty interesting read.

Also, I was going to get Scenes... yesterday. But I couldn't find a CD I want to go with (2 for £10)... so I didn't...

Oh and bump.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-12-01 10:26:37 Reply

At 11/20/06 03:04 PM, Nev wrote: Neither have I to be honest. I would, but I just fucking love Octavarium :D.

Well I am liking Awake a bit more. It's just a few songs later on the album that don't stick into my head very well. When I listened to Awake again, I did realise that Space-Dye Vest is a great song. :O

In terms of cost its probably the best album I've ever bought, <£3 for something this good?

I got it for £4.

At 11/29/06 03:22 PM, Nev wrote: Octavairum Analysis.

Yeah, that was interesting.

Also, I was going to get Scenes... yesterday. But I couldn't find a CD I want to go with (2 for £10)... so I didn't...

Was that in Music Zone? If so, then you could've just bought that one CD, although I will try and 2 CDs for £10 at that shop, but it depends what Music Zone fucking have when I go there.

Formerly Bahamut

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-12-01 12:16:23 Reply

At 12/1/06 10:26 AM, Bahamut wrote: Was that in Music Zone? If so, then you could've just bought that one CD, although I will try and 2 CDs for £10 at that shop, but it depends what Music Zone fucking have when I go there.

Yeah but I don't like doing that.

Plus I didn't want to spend anything...

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-12-12 17:54:55 Reply

:( Post more you queers!

So I was listening to Scenes... on the train journey home from Dragonforce on my friends iPod - it was 3am, but I can't sleep on trains, so I thought it a good oppurtunity to introduce myself to that album.

And I fucking love Regression. Its brilliant. I don't know what it is, but I seem to love all the weird, short, Dream Theater songs. Regression is just peaceful and nice. The therapist has the greatest voice ever, I'd love to get a blow job from that guy.

Also, check out this.. its a local band (that recently moved and became unlocal). And the guitarist knows I'm a Dream Theater fan as I'm pretty forward about my tastes on Blackpools local music scene forum thing. So he messaged me telling me to check out this cover his band did of 'Finally Free'.

I think its amazing, the vocals off a bit wonky a few times, but on the whole I'd say its an amazing effort.

Finally Free

BBS Signature
Insert-Pie
Insert-Pie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-12-14 09:10:19 Reply

At 12/12/06 05:54 PM, Nev wrote:
I think its amazing, the vocals off a bit wonky a few times, but on the whole I'd say its an amazing effort.

Finally Free

To be honest, I don't think I've ever heard anyone cover Dream Theater.
I thought that cover was going to suck, but to be honest, it was actually pretty good. Sure, the singer is no James Jabrie, but he still does a damn good job. I quite enjoyed it.

A friend of mine and some of his friends played "Stream Of Consciousness" for their year 12 major assesment peice in music, and it sucked. They totally butchered the song, but then again, it ain't an easy song.

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-12-14 11:39:19 Reply

At 12/14/06 09:10 AM, Insert-Pie wrote: To be honest, I don't think I've ever heard anyone cover Dream Theater.

They've covered Space-Dye Vest and The Mirror too. So I'm looking forward to when they get them put up :).
Although covering Space-Dye Vest has to be the biggest no-no ever. Considering even DT have never played it.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-12-18 15:05:34 Reply

At 12/12/06 05:54 PM, Nev wrote: So I was listening to Scenes...

Did you listen to some songs or the whole album? If you listened to the whole album, then what did you think? My friend was wanting to borrow that album from me, but I didn't recommend it to him since I know there'll be some certain songs that he'll hate.

Through Her Eyes. :(
At 12/14/06 11:39 AM, Nev wrote: Although covering Space-Dye Vest has to be the biggest no-no ever. Considering even DT have never played it.

Havn't I heard you talking about there shouldn't be a cover of that song ever? :P

Formerly Bahamut

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-12-18 16:06:03 Reply

At 12/18/06 03:05 PM, Bahamut wrote: Did you listen to some songs or the whole album?

Just a bit.
Train jounrey was far shorter than the album. So I only got like 4 songs or something.

Havn't I heard you talking about there shouldn't be a cover of that song ever? :P

Probably.

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-12-19 14:50:15 Reply

Got Scenes... today.... I'm looking forward to this. I'm going through a Dream Theater phase again :).

AND POST!

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-12-23 16:34:57 Reply